opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Arts & Crafts
User Name
Password
Old 05-05-2003, 08:06 PM   #1
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 92
TDN collaboration??

I had an idea for a collaboration of all the artists on this site. Itd be a long term goal in which everyone uploaded something and one or more special someone(s) could combine them all into one piece of art. This is just the basis for it and further planning would be good, but it'd be really fucking cool to do something like this. Any further ideas?
I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors -- oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Andy DV?"
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:31 PM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
A common theme would have to be established first. I mean, everyone could create whatever they feel like, but it would just look silly if it was all chaos and randomness.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:44 PM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17
if this starts to come together and sounds good, i volunteer to put it together in photshop... and to put in on it...

and i agree with hypnagogic (cool name) about the point that there should be a common theme or conception to work with... and before someone says something like... "sometimes chaos and randomness works" or whatever... im sure it wont work for this...
Old 05-06-2003, 04:21 AM   #4
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 322
yea, let's get brainstormin...

i'm in

anyways..................................

perhaps we could do a brain, i had an idea to make an image of the brain while on THC, maybe different people could make one thing for each "fold" in the gray matter, and one could draw the big brain and then put it together in photoshop, once there it'd be easy to mask it with congruent color and whatnot... just a thought..

perhaps this is an image of either the innerworkings of the brain, synapses, or maybe a front view of the brain...

keep trying to think of stuff though.. brainstorm
Old 05-06-2003, 12:17 PM   #5
Banned.

Bincount™: 16
maybe smeone could sketch this brain and people could volunteer to do different segments of it? and then whoever would put them all together...
Old 05-06-2003, 01:12 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
well

whatever the case...im in for a good colaboration.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:16 PM   #7
Banned.

Bincount™: 8
i'm game
Old 05-06-2003, 04:27 PM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 217
sounds good, now we just have to let more people know about it
Old 05-06-2003, 10:22 PM   #9
Level 10 - Vehement

Well, I never really thought past the initial idea, so I guess the next thing to do is wait and see just how many people are interested. The brain idea is a good one. If everyone just wanted to do whatever and trust a few others to combine them somehow, that could work, too. The more the better, so post if you're down.

And just so you know, just because this was my idea, I don't plan on taking charge or making it my project or anything. I'm just going to contribute something, too. If anyone is bored or interested enough where they want to actually set a deadline for submissions or accept them via email or whatever, post away. Or we can just say fuck it if not enough people sign up. No skin off my sack. Zing.
I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors -- oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Andy DV?"
Old 05-07-2003, 12:40 AM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

I'm down with the cause.
I'll try and think of other ideas during my daily wanderings. No need to be pushed in one direction.

The idea of the mind made me think about trying to express the range of human emotions. Keep building.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:05 PM   #11
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 138
about that brain idea...

Why not take a bunch of drawings of any sort, adjust the colors on each of them, and make a giant mosaic of a brain with photoshop? I think its a decent idea.

And yes, I'd like to help in any way I can.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:22 PM   #12
Level 10 - Vehement

Okay, looks like the brain is a go. Because it is a brain, perhaps people could do pieces based on past memories or experiences, or perhaps items of pop culture in our childhoods. Of course, the present or future would work too. For example, I'm sure everyone my age watched Ninja Turtles when we were little. I just finished a picture of TMNT that I'd contribute. Just a thought. Continue on with ideas.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:41 PM   #13
Level 10 - Vehement

hey

http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view...d=063936PM.jpg

thought i'd add this see where it went, maybe it can go in a fold or two... anyways if we really wanna do this we should exchange contact information at least as far as AIM names so uploads and file transfer would be easy... anyway...

i'd like plexus to draw the brain, from what i've seen of his work 'cubist apple' and his 'heroic dose' drawing (fucking awesome) he could do it... i hope
Old 05-07-2003, 03:52 PM   #14
Level 10 - Vehement

also... i just had another idea that came from the past...

perhaps we could do a self aware computer, any ideas or interpretations oare welcomed...

personally i pictured it like a tree with it's roots wire, it's trunk hardware and it's leaves monitors... in each monior perhaps we could put some sort of art... anyway... just another idea i'd like to put out there.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:19 PM   #15
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 15
I think the common idea of the art should focus on SMOKE and a CIRCLE
Old 05-07-2003, 06:24 PM   #16
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally posted by Dredg
I think the common idea of the art should focus on SMOKE and a CIRCLE
Anything more specific?
Old 05-07-2003, 06:27 PM   #17
Banned.

Quote:
I think the common idea of the art should focus on me posting something stupid because I thought it was funny.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:32 PM   #18
Level 10 - Vehement

oh...I see.

(Not really)
Old 05-07-2003, 06:35 PM   #19
Banned.

Dredg is some kind of crazed schizoid jokester runninng around posting graffiti.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:05 AM   #20
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

I would love to volunteer for this project. I think it could be an amazing collaboration. Maybe we should get the ball rolling a little more on it..start exchanging contact info and stuff.

msn : [email protected]
email [email protected]

Contact me and maybe we can get going on this.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:53 AM   #21
Level 10 - Vehement

Well, I say people just start uploading images to this thread. The more the better, feel free to do several. My info is in my profile.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:02 AM   #22
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 15
I thought a circle and smoke would show the difference of the two.....

people who just go in circles and never get anywhere or the people who follow smoke.......smoke rises and goes in all different places and soon enough it will disapear to let you do anything.

maybe I should of said more but nobody else insulted it so I guess George is the odd man

I think George Bush Sr posts too much on this message board causing him to over think and be paranoid.

Thats not an insult George it is the truth.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:15 AM   #23
Level 10 - Vehement

That's a cool idea, but I'm not sure how well it would work for the collaboration as a whole. Perhaps that could be your contribution.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:16 PM   #24
Banned.

Quote:
I thought a circle and smoke would show the difference of the two.....

people who just go in circles and never get anywhere or the people who follow smoke.......smoke rises and goes in all different places and soon enough it will disapear to let you do anything.

maybe I should of said more but nobody else insulted it so I guess George is the odd man

I think George Bush Sr posts too much on this message board causing him to over think and be paranoid.

Thats not an insult George it is the truth.
It's actually not the truth...what am i paranoid about?
Old 05-08-2003, 04:54 PM   #25
Level 10 - Vehement

cut the bullshit, kiss and make up you two, it'd be nice to have a thread that doesn't have any of these off topic quibbles, especially since we are trying to accomplish something as a team... anyways let's get drawing this brain or self - aware tree, or have more thoughts about it... anyone can try it or if you wanna submit something of your own creation then do so, just submit and we can use that, we also need to decide on a specific background color, probably black or white (most likely white) so that things can be integrated seamlessly...

anyways lets get posting and quit arguing.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:00 AM   #26
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally posted by GregoryWohlwend
cut the bullshit, kiss and make up you two, it'd be nice to have a thread that doesn't have any of these off topic quibbles, especially since we are trying to accomplish something as a team... anyways let's get drawing this brain or self - aware tree, or have more thoughts about it... anyone can try it or if you wanna submit something of your own creation then do so, just submit and we can use that, we also need to decide on a specific background color, probably black or white (most likely white) so that things can be integrated seamlessly...

anyways lets get posting and quit arguing.
for real.... enough of the confrontations ...

but anyway....we could do more than just a brain... we could do a lot more than just a brain.. im gonna start sketching some ideas right now... after i finish reading the rest of the new posts...

but i volunteered to put this together in photoshop... am i gonna do that?
Old 05-10-2003, 08:59 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally posted by plexus
but i volunteered to put this together in photoshop... am i gonna do that?
I don't know who would make the decision for that question but you have my vote. You have the recources and are artistic. I just hope you guys wil let me post it on my site. I'm excited. Now is there any limitations to the art you are going to put on there. drawings, paintings, digital, photo? I'm just curious.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:09 AM   #28
Level 10 - Vehement

Feel free to use any mediums you are interested in, the most important thing is that it appears seamless after being finished in photoshop or some sort of image editing software.

Please, start posting. I don't have anything yet and probably won't until I'm done with my tests. But I hope to be inspired by something someone else puts up. One of you more talented people can surely get the perverbial ball rolling.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:48 AM   #29
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 138
I guess I'll start thinking of ideas to contribute now. The only thing is I'm not sure whether we decided on the brain or the tree. Either way, we need to make a system of adding art to this project. Maybe put some kind of signal before title of submitted art that you want to contribute. Like a "*" or something. Just a suggestion.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:14 PM   #30
Level 10 - Vehement

http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view...d=081601PM.jpg

here is another random doodle, perhaps it'd could fit... anyways let's not worry about who is going to do what and when, just release the art into this thread, don't hold back or filter it, just do it, the more possibilities the better it will be.
Old 05-16-2003, 05:51 PM   #31
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
hey i had an idea,
i cant really draw or paint n stuff, but i do enjoy good art.
anyway, the tree sounds really cool, in the monitors have a brain that several people hve contributed to making and in the other monitors have other stuff, like an eye, a symbol etc and with each monitor being a project in itself but a small part of the whole.
just a thought
Old 05-17-2003, 09:53 AM   #32
Level 8 - Vociferous

i didnt understand that at all.... i just couldnt make sense of it... monitors?
Old 05-18-2003, 02:05 AM   #33
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Quote:
Originally posted by GregoryWohlwend
also... i just had another idea that came from the past...

perhaps we could do a self aware computer, any ideas or interpretations oare welcomed...

personally i pictured it like a tree with it's roots wire, it's trunk hardware and it's leaves monitors... in each monior perhaps we could put some sort of art... anyway... just another idea i'd like to put out there.

the way i see it is a big mo fo picture of this robotic tree with the moniters and other cool and detailed pictures. n stuff

hope ya understand if not ill just....i dunno......
Old 05-18-2003, 10:33 AM   #34
Level 8 - Vociferous

i get it now... you shouldve said that you were talking about a different post... that came out of no where for me... but i dont really like that idea
Old 05-18-2003, 10:42 AM   #35
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7
other

i want in on this brain ... i will start working on pictures now .
Old 05-27-2003, 04:23 PM   #36

Alright guys and gals.....especially you plexus....i wanna get the ball rolling..maybe me and plexus could collaborrate on a image for a sort of backdrop...like the tree idea...where we could have a section..like the monitors thing.....that everyone could put their pictures in. plexus email me..if you wanna start this right away..i have some ideas and would love to get together with you on this...
Old 05-28-2003, 12:00 PM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Re: TDN collaboration??

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy DV
I had an idea for a collaboration of all the artists on this site. Itd be a long term goal in which everyone uploaded something and one or more special someone(s) could combine them all into one piece of art. This is just the basis for it and further planning would be good, but it'd be really fucking cool to do something like this. Any further ideas?
i didnt know yall motherfucks was doing this, i went and put a thought as a new idea, "what i was thinking is..." is the thought. i aint read none other of these here after, but i will and i will post a thought or two on this subject.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:27 PM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

kay, yall motherfucks way off the idea i got, but i can work around it and shit. i cant get it though, a computer tree under the sun clouded by clouds. is it a weed tree? from my first thought i thought of monitors being covered by brush. i dont know, with the imaging and all, i could get in on this. so like the ends of the branches could be like a letter key and the trunk could be the monitor could that be something? how were these things going to be associated, somewhat like i just wrote? maybe the trees fruit could look like brains. there could be men with no arms but one leg with one eye flicking they tongue at the fruits from the ground.

any of this good?
Old 05-28-2003, 02:52 PM   #39

heres an idea me and plexus were going to go with.

http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view...d=054149PM.jpg

this is what i was thinking we could do.....
1.) We split it up into 20 pieces done gridlike
2.) Everyone who wants in emails me
3.) you get a random #
4.) the random number coressponds with a section of the art
5.) do anything you want with it. except for 2 things. it cant be no bigger then 800x800 and you cant change the shape of the lines of the piece (ie. cant take a brain and make it all wavey like)....the piece has to be able to fit in to a certain degree.....colors....pictures...change the line stlye..but not the location of the lines.

Thats it.

now everyone interested email me.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:55 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally posted by Oblive
heres an idea me and plexus were going to go with.

http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view...d=054149PM.jpg

Thats it.

now everyone interested email me.
Would be nice if there was an email addy eh?
[email protected]

stupid me.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: