opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow
User Name
Password
Old 12-08-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Questions

Hi.
I have some questions about Undertow's singles.
1. Is there an edited version of Sober? What is its real lenght?
2. Is there an edited version of Prison Sex? What is its lenght?
3. Is there a pressing of the Undertow album, that has only 9 tracks; the track 9 would include both Flood and Disgustipated?
4. Is "Sober - Tales from The Darkside" an official release?
5. I have "Sober - Tales from the Darkside" that I bought used. And I can hear some noises in, for example, the song "Jerk-Off". Those noises sound like my CD is damaged. On the other hand, they are originally bootleg recordings, so maybe my CD isn't too scratched. Can you hear the "tickticktick" in the background too?

Then also some questions that are NOT about any Undertow singles, but I still decided to ask them here:

6. There is this promo single of Parabola. Does that contain a really edited version of the song?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Questions

Old 12-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

If the "edit" versions are as long as the original ones, are they even edit versions at all? Are they different?

And I'm kinda sure "Sober - Tales from the Darkside" is an original release, while "Tales from the Darkside" isn't.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
On Probation

Bincount™: 130

"Sober - Tales from the Darkside" is not an official release, neither is "Tales from the Darkside". I don't know why the fuck you would think that. You got ripped off pretty bad
Old 12-10-2007, 09:45 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=1077613&postcount=25
I thought that was an official release, when I read that.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:02 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

I had nothing to say to you. And it hasn't anything to do with my questions.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:50 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justbecauseyouareparanoid View Post
Hi.
I have some questions about Undertow's singles.
1. Is there an edited version of Sober? What is its real lenght?
2. Is there an edited version of Prison Sex? What is its lenght?
3. Is there a pressing of the Undertow album, that has only 9 tracks; the track 9 would include both Flood and Disgustipated?
4. Is "Sober - Tales from The Darkside" an official release?
5. I have "Sober - Tales from the Darkside" that I bought used. And I can hear some noises in, for example, the song "Jerk-Off". Those noises sound like my CD is damaged. On the other hand, they are originally bootleg recordings, so maybe my CD isn't too scratched. Can you hear the "tickticktick" in the background too?

Then also some questions that are NOT about any Undertow singles, but I still decided to ask them here:

6. There is this promo single of Parabola. Does that contain a really edited version of the song?
2 years or so too late but here it goes:

1. I have a few different versions of the Sober single, and none of them have an edit on it. The "Album Primer" released just before Lateralus had a "radio ready" version of Sober on it. I'm sure there was one before that though. The "In Store Play" release from 1993 is supposedly edited.

2. Radio Edit with no swearing on most regional versions of the Prison Sex single (CD and vinyl)

3. Few different track configurations out there. These are the ones I know of:
i. 69 tracks: Tracks 1-9 normal then a bunch of blank ones, then 69.
ii. 10 tracks: all normal.
iii. 9 tracks: Flood and Disgustipated on the final track together
iv. 39 track: Tracks 1-9 normal then a bunch of blank ones, then 39.
v. 71 tracks: Disgustipated is track 70, and a live version of Flood is track 71 (Japanese maybe?)

4. the one with the "Tales from the Darkside over of the band on the Italian based Kiss the Stone is a bootleg. (cat#: KTS 263)
The one with the Sober cover with a weird blue hand thing is an official release. It is basically the Dutch Single for sober that has the bootleg as "bonus" to thwart the bootleggers I suppose. Zoo Entertainment: 74321 22604 2, 1994.

5. Can't be sure. I don't hear it in my copy (I have the official one, not the actual bootleg... theoretically its the same audio, right...? maybe its remixed or something, who knows?)

6. Yes. US: VOL 32745-2 UK: 9210402P both on Volcano/Tool Dissection and released sometime in 2002. "Radio edit" is first track (4 seconds LONGER than original) followed by album versions of Parabol and Parabola. I haven't heard the edited one so I can't comment on what is edited.

Cheers!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:43 AM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez_Guy View Post
6. Yes. US: VOL 32745-2 UK: 9210402P both on Volcano/Tool Dissection and released sometime in 2002. "Radio edit" is first track (4 seconds LONGER than original) followed by album versions of Parabol and Parabola. I haven't heard the edited one so I can't comment on what is edited.

Cheers!
there aint nothing to edit in parabol/a

i believe thats why they used it in guitar hero.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #9
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

Next question...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: