Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
EdwardJamesKeenan
05-25-2006, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
have faith dude, you're probably right to begin with. there's only 3 syllables. people want this album to be different so bad they're adding syllables.
random quote just to point this message at Cid, man i jsut noticed that ur level 9, obsteperous, i couldnt have described you better myself
Old 05-25-2006, 08:01 AM   #81
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11
Re: alrighty then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
have faith dude, you're probably right to begin with. there's only 3 syllables. people want this album to be different so bad they're adding syllables.
random quote just to point this message at Cid, man i jsut noticed that ur level 9, obsteperous, i couldnt have described you better myself
05-25-2006, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardJamesKeenan
OH DEAR GOD!
how can you people argue about this for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long. there are those that think its alrighty, them that think its alright and that one guy who was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there with some bulshit.
Listen, and listen clearly I mean everybody, listen, he says fucking "ALRIGHTY THEN"! clearly a "Y" sound in there. and even if its not and i'm wrong then its only one letter!

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!
i think we actually stopped arguing about 50 posts ago and now we're all just being stupid. i know i'm right and you "alrighty" freaks are wrong, but it doesn't matter.
10/23/07 OiNK Never Forget
Old 05-25-2006, 08:06 AM   #82
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 190

Quote:
OH DEAR GOD!
how can you people argue about this for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long. there are those that think its alrighty, them that think its alright and that one guy who was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there with some bulshit.
Listen, and listen clearly I mean everybody, listen, he says fucking "ALRIGHTY THEN"! clearly a "Y" sound in there. and even if its not and i'm wrong then its only one letter!

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!
i think we actually stopped arguing about 50 posts ago and now we're all just being stupid. i know i'm right and you "alrighty" freaks are wrong, but it doesn't matter.
OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-25-2006, 08:07 AM

Quote:
keep it up and you'll get to where you want to be one day too....level 9 on the ol' toolshed!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 08:07 AM   #83
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
keep it up and you'll get to where you want to be one day too....level 9 on the ol' toolshed!!!
OFFLINE |  
NoD
05-25-2006, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiaN_the_Great
If he doesn't say "alrighty", which he does, then I'm going to activate the self destruct button for this planet. Consider your options, NoD. Give in and concur with me, or be destroyed. The choice is simple, if you ask me. Admit you're wrong and I'm right, or become vapor with the rest of the world.
Even if I concurred with you, you would still have to destroy the planet because he doesn't say 'Alrighty'. It's "Alright then, picture this if you will..."

Now someone lock this already now that the truth hath been spoken.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:25 AM   #84
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1239

Quote:
If he doesn't say "alrighty", which he does, then I'm going to activate the self destruct button for this planet. Consider your options, NoD. Give in and concur with me, or be destroyed. The choice is simple, if you ask me. Admit you're wrong and I'm right, or become vapor with the rest of the world.
Even if I concurred with you, you would still have to destroy the planet because he doesn't say 'Alrighty'. It's "Alright then, picture this if you will..."

Now someone lock this already now that the truth hath been spoken.
OFFLINE |  
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
05-25-2006, 08:32 AM

If I could lock this thread I would, after saying "Alrighty then."
Old 05-25-2006, 08:32 AM   #85
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

If I could lock this thread I would, after saying "Alrighty then."
05-25-2006, 08:57 AM

this thread shouldn't be locked until we find out for sure. i don't know how that's going to happen unless maynard releases the lyrics. but until then we can argue about it.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:57 AM   #86
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

this thread shouldn't be locked until we find out for sure. i don't know how that's going to happen unless maynard releases the lyrics. but until then we can argue about it.
OFFLINE |  
troublefunk's Avatar troublefunk
05-25-2006, 12:41 PM

Maynard has already released the lyrics, clearly saying "alrighty then" at the two shows I went to and all the recordings I've heard. If he does type it up and put it on here, it will say alrighty, but I'm sure you will all have an excuse for that.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:41 PM   #87
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

Maynard has already released the lyrics, clearly saying "alrighty then" at the two shows I went to and all the recordings I've heard. If he does type it up and put it on here, it will say alrighty, but I'm sure you will all have an excuse for that.
OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-25-2006, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublefunk
liar
Old 05-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #88
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
liar
OFFLINE |  
EdwardJamesKeenan
05-25-2006, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid

i just cant see where the arguing stops and the stupidity begins. I can however, very clearly here Mustard Jones Keema (thats how i hear his name anyway, you might not agree) saying " ALRIGHTY THEN"!
Old 05-25-2006, 01:40 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid

i just cant see where the arguing stops and the stupidity begins. I can however, very clearly here Mustard Jones Keema (thats how i hear his name anyway, you might not agree) saying " ALRIGHTY THEN"!
05-25-2006, 02:29 PM

actually, i think i hear 5 syllables now. i don't hear the ee sound still. anyone hear 6? 7 maybe?
Old 05-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #90
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

actually, i think i hear 5 syllables now. i don't hear the ee sound still. anyone hear 6? 7 maybe?
OFFLINE |  
Max T.'s Avatar Max T.
05-25-2006, 02:42 PM

its definately "alrighty then"
Old 05-25-2006, 02:42 PM   #91
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Cid's Avatar Cid
05-25-2006, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max T.
you are crazy.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:46 PM   #92
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max T.
you are crazy.
OFFLINE |  
RiaN_the_Great's Avatar RiaN_the_Great
05-25-2006, 03:43 PM

You Alright-ers are outnumbered, and outgunned. The AlrightyThens have spoken the truth, and will soon unleash a jihad upon you.

(Am I the only one that is highly entertained by the correlations between the rivalry over something this simple with the huge rivalries that cost thousands of lives?)
Old 05-25-2006, 03:43 PM   #93

Bincount™: 24

You Alright-ers are outnumbered, and outgunned. The AlrightyThens have spoken the truth, and will soon unleash a jihad upon you.

(Am I the only one that is highly entertained by the correlations between the rivalry over something this simple with the huge rivalries that cost thousands of lives?)
OFFLINE |  
EdwardJamesKeenan
05-25-2006, 03:55 PM

Quote:

no, you're not
Old 05-25-2006, 03:55 PM   #94

Quote:

no, you're not
05-25-2006, 05:37 PM

its 'alright then. picture this if you will.'
Old 05-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #95
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575

its 'alright then. picture this if you will.'
05-25-2006, 05:55 PM

Anyone who says alright then should get a job working for Bush... you all have some serious reality denying skills
Old 05-25-2006, 05:55 PM   #96
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Anyone who says alright then should get a job working for Bush... you all have some serious reality denying skills
OFFLINE |  
thumphrey05's Avatar thumphrey05
05-25-2006, 06:46 PM

i have a bootleg and its so overwhelmingly obvious that its "alrighty". kthx ~_~ :U
Old 05-25-2006, 06:46 PM   #97
lo taca te puete

Bincount™: 542

i have a bootleg and its so overwhelmingly obvious that its "alrighty". kthx ~_~ :U
OFFLINE |  
Drawn Under's Avatar Drawn Under
05-25-2006, 07:55 PM

I gotta say my vote goes with 'alrighty', its not really a matter of 'i dont think maynard would say alrighty then' this song is from the point of view of a guy who never graduated high school working at area 51 seeing a ufo and shitting himself, it isnt like maynard is telling the story, it is maynard telling it as if he is this unknown character. And i wont lie this is a pretty funny thread a bunch of us crazy tool fans debating one word, but oh well it gives us all somethin to do, right? haha Although i d/led the live show that i went to at auditorium theatre and it kind of sounds like it could be 'alright' so i could understand that being heard but on the album i have to go with 'alrighty' it sounds clear as day.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:55 PM   #98
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I gotta say my vote goes with 'alrighty', its not really a matter of 'i dont think maynard would say alrighty then' this song is from the point of view of a guy who never graduated high school working at area 51 seeing a ufo and shitting himself, it isnt like maynard is telling the story, it is maynard telling it as if he is this unknown character. And i wont lie this is a pretty funny thread a bunch of us crazy tool fans debating one word, but oh well it gives us all somethin to do, right? haha Although i d/led the live show that i went to at auditorium theatre and it kind of sounds like it could be 'alright' so i could understand that being heard but on the album i have to go with 'alrighty' it sounds clear as day.
05-25-2006, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumphrey05
anyone that says "kthx" is obviously retarded and doesn't know what they're talking about.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:09 PM   #99
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumphrey05
anyone that says "kthx" is obviously retarded and doesn't know what they're talking about.
OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-25-2006, 09:12 PM

ok...so i played just that part to people that have no preconcieved notion about what it is and the people didn't even know it was tool or anything about it. 5 out of 5 of them said they hear 3 syllables. one said "alright then", one said "origin" and the other 3 said they couldn't tell but that it was 3 syllables.

it doesn't prove anything, but try that out with some people. i'm going to keep doing it, i'm sure i'll get some that say there's 4, but it's not "clear as day" like some of you seem to think.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:12 PM   #100
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

ok...so i played just that part to people that have no preconcieved notion about what it is and the people didn't even know it was tool or anything about it. 5 out of 5 of them said they hear 3 syllables. one said "alright then", one said "origin" and the other 3 said they couldn't tell but that it was 3 syllables.

it doesn't prove anything, but try that out with some people. i'm going to keep doing it, i'm sure i'll get some that say there's 4, but it's not "clear as day" like some of you seem to think.
OFFLINE |  
evil agent's Avatar evil agent
05-25-2006, 09:44 PM

It's definitely alrighty then.

But I think the more creative ideas are HILARIOUS:

"origin"

"i'll accept"

LOL....

How about "I'm writing then,"
Old 05-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #101
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

It's definitely alrighty then.

But I think the more creative ideas are HILARIOUS:

"origin"

"i'll accept"

LOL....

OFFLINE |  
05-25-2006, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
it doesn't prove anything.
Now you're making sense!
Old 05-25-2006, 09:54 PM   #102
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
it doesn't prove anything.
Now you're making sense!
OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-25-2006, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Now you're making sense!
i'm one of the few that have been making sense the whole time. but yea, you're right. i am making sense now as well.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:54 PM   #103
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Now you're making sense!
i'm one of the few that have been making sense the whole time. but yea, you're right. i am making sense now as well.
OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-25-2006, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil agent
I
that's impossible because there are only 3 syllables in the song...you have 4 here.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:55 PM   #104
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil agent
I
that's impossible because there are only 3 syllables in the song...you have 4 here.
OFFLINE |  
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
05-26-2006, 02:33 AM

3 syllables in the song? Your cd is defective :D

Remember, we all listened to this song once with no preconceived ideas of what he was saying. First time I heard it it was clear as day that it was "alrighty then".

Wait, I mean, you're mad.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:33 AM   #105
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

3 syllables in the song? Your cd is defective :D

Remember, we all listened to this song once with no preconceived ideas of what he was saying. First time I heard it it was clear as day that it was "alrighty then".

05-26-2006, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
possibly....

another random person at work votes for 3 syllables. she heard "all red then". so far every random person i played it for hears 3.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:06 AM   #106
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
possibly....

another random person at work votes for 3 syllables. she heard "all red then". so far every random person i played it for hears 3.
OFFLINE |  
skwid's Avatar skwid
05-26-2006, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
i don't know what you people are hearing, but i clearly hear only 3 syllables, not 4. could possibly be "alright then", but i think it sounds like "i accept" or "i'll accept". i could be wrong about that, but i definitely hear 3 syllables and it sounds nothing like "alrighty then".
no way cid, see here: http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=49396
Old 05-26-2006, 08:57 AM   #107
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
i don't know what you people are hearing, but i clearly hear only 3 syllables, not 4. could possibly be "alright then", but i think it sounds like "i accept" or "i'll accept". i could be wrong about that, but i definitely hear 3 syllables and it sounds nothing like "alrighty then".
no way cid, see here: http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=49396
OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-26-2006, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwid
RANDOM people!! not people that know what the sound is from and already have some idea about what it is. you think it's "alrighty", i think it's "alright", we're not going to change our opinion. neither is anyone that's already heard the sound a thousand times. so far i'm up to 8 random people that hear 3 syllables, none with 4. it's not as "clear" as all of you seem to think it is.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:03 AM   #108
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwid
RANDOM people!! not people that know what the sound is from and already have some idea about what it is. you think it's "alrighty", i think it's "alright", we're not going to change our opinion. neither is anyone that's already heard the sound a thousand times. so far i'm up to 8 random people that hear 3 syllables, none with 4. it's not as "clear" as all of you seem to think it is.
OFFLINE |  
05-26-2006, 09:15 AM

I still don't understand how people on this board are different from random people. So what if the first time they read the lyrics it said "alrighty"? since then there have been plenty of people saying otherwise. I'm sure everyone has given it a good listen. I don't think the power of suggestion has any bearing on this.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #109
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I still don't understand how people on this board are different from random people. So what if the first time they read the lyrics it said "alrighty"? since then there have been plenty of people saying otherwise. I'm sure everyone has given it a good listen. I don't think the power of suggestion has any bearing on this.
OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-26-2006, 09:21 AM

Quote:
they read alrighty, and it's stuck in their head that that's what it is. i'm sure there are people here that didn't know what it was, read the lyrics and agreed. but i'm sure there are also others that heard it before reading. i'm just saying that you can't know for sure unless it's random people that have no clue what it is.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #110
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
they read alrighty, and it's stuck in their head that that's what it is. i'm sure there are people here that didn't know what it was, read the lyrics and agreed. but i'm sure there are also others that heard it before reading. i'm just saying that you can't know for sure unless it's random people that have no clue what it is.
OFFLINE |  
RiaN_the_Great's Avatar RiaN_the_Great
05-26-2006, 11:35 AM

Cid, I'll give you that. Its NOT as clear as some are saying. But I'm still convinced its alrighty. By the way, I'm destroying China because you won't give in. The blood is on your hands, pal. I'm just a messenger.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:35 AM   #111

Bincount™: 24

Cid, I'll give you that. Its NOT as clear as some are saying. But I'm still convinced its alrighty. By the way, I'm destroying China because you won't give in. The blood is on your hands, pal. I'm just a messenger.
OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-26-2006, 11:56 AM

Quote:
if that's what you gotta do, go for it man. i won't stop you, but please don't scream "alrighty" when you are destroying china. they'll just laugh at you.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:56 AM   #112
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
if that's what you gotta do, go for it man. i won't stop you, but please don't scream "alrighty" when you are destroying china. they'll just laugh at you.
OFFLINE |  
Mupps
05-26-2006, 12:32 PM

Listen to the mp3 file from the first page. Pause it half way through "alright/y" then start it again. The 't' sound carries through into the next word. There are 3 syllables. I can't see where some (or most) people are hearing a 'y'. It's either "alright" or "alrigh", which sounds like "alrighty" but isn't.

Wow, I wasted my first post on this. And probably my last.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:32 PM   #113
Level 1 - Lurker

Listen to the mp3 file from the first page. Pause it half way through "alright/y" then start it again. The 't' sound carries through into the next word. There are 3 syllables. I can't see where some (or most) people are hearing a 'y'. It's either "alright" or "alrigh", which sounds like "alrighty" but isn't.

OFFLINE |  
05-26-2006, 01:26 PM

A t sound carrying over! Maynard truly must be a genius then, since ordinary mortal vocalists can only carry vowels. Amazing!
Old 05-26-2006, 01:26 PM   #114
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

A t sound carrying over! Maynard truly must be a genius then, since ordinary mortal vocalists can only carry vowels. Amazing!
OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-26-2006, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupps

excellent first post mupps!
Old 05-26-2006, 01:34 PM   #115
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupps

excellent first post mupps!
OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
05-26-2006, 01:35 PM

Quote:
we know maynard isn't an ordinary mortal though...
Old 05-26-2006, 01:35 PM   #116
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
we know maynard isn't an ordinary mortal though...
OFFLINE |  
Mupps
05-26-2006, 03:11 PM

Quote:
He's not even singing. It's just two words said quickly so they sound like one.

Side note: Is that Maynard? No one else is credited, but it really doesn't sound like him at all, even his talking voice.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #117
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
He's not even singing. It's just two words said quickly so they sound like one.

Side note: Is that Maynard? No one else is credited, but it really doesn't sound like him at all, even his talking voice.
OFFLINE |  
#Notion's Avatar #Notion
05-26-2006, 04:17 PM

You fucking jambi eye fools are going to sabotage every lyric on the album. If you're seriously in doubt, go download a live bootleg. Preferrably '8-may dallas 2006'. Alrighty?
Old 05-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #118
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

You fucking jambi eye fools are going to sabotage every lyric on the album. If you're seriously in doubt, go download a live bootleg. Preferrably '8-may dallas 2006'. Alrighty?
OFFLINE |  
erazorhead's Avatar erazorhead
05-26-2006, 06:01 PM

best thread ever
Old 05-26-2006, 06:01 PM   #119
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 35

best thread ever
05-27-2006, 12:04 AM

The more I listen to it in my headphones while on high volume, the more I'm starting to hear "Alright then".

Yeah, I'm hearing "Alright then".
Old 05-27-2006, 12:04 AM   #120
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

The more I listen to it in my headphones while on high volume, the more I'm starting to hear "Alright then".

Yeah, I'm hearing "Alright then".
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply