Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2007
User Name
Password
marcus's Avatar marcus
11-08-2007, 01:02 AM

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:02 AM   #1
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077
Nov 29 Kelowna Prospera Place

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
etherboy
11-30-2007, 12:06 AM

What do I need to say? The show was amazing... here is the setlist as I remember it:
Jambi
Stinkfist
Rosetta Stoned
Forty Six & 2
Wings For Marie (10,000 Days Part 1)
Schism
Flood
Lateralus
Vicarious

Might not be exact...

This was my first TOOL concert and I'm glad I went... the show was incredible... the stage had images projected onto it and worked in time with multiple screens arrayed around the stage (which showed the usual visual stuff like TOOL videos and random weird stuff!) they also had an awesome laser show for the later songs...

The sound mix was pretty good where I was, Prospera Place is a fairly small auditorium, so the positioning was not as important as a larger one... I was about 50 feet from the stage (maybe less) and it was great to see the emotion of the artists from that distance... I was on Adam's side of the stage, which was great as I'm a guitarist too, so seeing his playing style (fairly stationary) was interesting, but it was great to see the way he played some of my favourite songs...

Danny was, of course, friggin amazing... and before Lateralus stage-hands brought out a second drum kit and during the Lateralus interlude the drummer from the opening act (Trans Am) come out and played an amazing drum duet/drum-off with Danny... Danny was victorious, but full credit to the other guy for an awesome performance...

The crowning moment was when the band embraced at the end of Vicarious... touching guys!

(More details to come later)
Old 11-30-2007, 12:06 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 29 Kelowna Prospera Place

What do I need to say? The show was amazing... here is the setlist as I remember it:
Jambi
Stinkfist
Rosetta Stoned
Forty Six & 2
Wings For Marie (10,000 Days Part 1)
Schism
Flood
Lateralus
Vicarious

Might not be exact...

This was my first TOOL concert and I'm glad I went... the show was incredible... the stage had images projected onto it and worked in time with multiple screens arrayed around the stage (which showed the usual visual stuff like TOOL videos and random weird stuff!) they also had an awesome laser show for the later songs...

The sound mix was pretty good where I was, Prospera Place is a fairly small auditorium, so the positioning was not as important as a larger one... I was about 50 feet from the stage (maybe less) and it was great to see the emotion of the artists from that distance... I was on Adam's side of the stage, which was great as I'm a guitarist too, so seeing his playing style (fairly stationary) was interesting, but it was great to see the way he played some of my favourite songs...

Danny was, of course, friggin amazing... and before Lateralus stage-hands brought out a second drum kit and during the Lateralus interlude the drummer from the opening act (Trans Am) come out and played an amazing drum duet/drum-off with Danny... Danny was victorious, but full credit to the other guy for an awesome performance...

The crowning moment was when the band embraced at the end of Vicarious... touching guys!

(More details to come later)
11-30-2007, 11:30 AM

Well, this was Tool concert #6 for me, and I must admit I found it rather disappointing. I had a similar experience in Vancouver, but kidded myself into believing that our seats were responsible for all disappointments. Here are my highlights and lowlights; I'll start with the lowlights.

Lowlights:
The mixing/The sound: It was hard to hear Maynard's voice, and hard to distinguish one instrument from another (with the exception of Danny on the drums of course). This was really the worst part of the show. Back in '01 when I first saw them I remember thinking that the songs sounded as good or better than the studio versions. This time it sounded infinitely worse than the studio versions...and I only paid $20 for that.

Seats on the floor: Nuff said.

Flood: The song I anticipated the most, sucked the most - because Maynard forgot a whole verse!

10000 days: Why on earth did they only play Part 1? At the time I thought that something had happened...I just had assumed that they'd continue into the second part. But then Maynard said something like "Thanks, it's been a pleasure" and the song slowly came to an end. Then there was a big long pause before they started the next song. Honestly in that moment I thought they just might walk off the stage!

Like a broken record, baby: Maybe I'm just jaded after having seen them so many times...but I'm really tired of them playing practically the same set list in every town and on every tour! (unless they've released a new album, in which case they'll just play the same new songs in every town). I've seen them play Stinkfist 6 times but still haven't heard them play some of my favourites.

Tool: With the exception of Danny and maybe Justin - they looked bored. It's not like I've ever seen them at a time when they're very animated...but back in '01 and '02 Maynard was still painting himself up and really moving along to the music.

Highlights:

Wicked drum solo: w/Sebastien from Trans Am (and that reminds me, Trans Am was another lowlight). This was the best part of the night.

Flood: yeah, he skipped a whole verse in a rather short song...but damn, I love that song.

Lateralus & Stinkfist: best sounding songs of the night, in my opinion.

Lasers!!!: Last time I was sitting in a place where I couldn't see anything but Justin, Maynard and the screens profiles. It was awesome to see the lights, and I wished that I didn't smoke my pot at the beginning of the show. The lights and lasers after the break were awesome!!!

Tool: Even if they disappoint, they are still my favourite band! I was so happy that they came to Kelowna! I could not afford to go to Vancouver or anything so I was really appreciative of this opportunity. I look forward to seeing them again!!!

Setlist, as I remember it:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
- short intermission -
Flood
Wings for Marie/10,000 days part one only
Lateralus
Vicarious

This set list is definitely more accurate than the one posted by etherboy.

Last edited by ak11; 11-30-2007 at 12:00 PM..
Old 11-30-2007, 11:30 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Well, this was Tool concert #6 for me, and I must admit I found it rather disappointing. I had a similar experience in Vancouver, but kidded myself into believing that our seats were responsible for all disappointments. Here are my highlights and lowlights; I'll start with the lowlights.

Lowlights:
The mixing/The sound: It was hard to hear Maynard's voice, and hard to distinguish one instrument from another (with the exception of Danny on the drums of course). This was really the worst part of the show. Back in '01 when I first saw them I remember thinking that the songs sounded as good or better than the studio versions. This time it sounded infinitely worse than the studio versions...and I only paid $20 for that.

Seats on the floor: Nuff said.

Flood: The song I anticipated the most, sucked the most - because Maynard forgot a whole verse!

10000 days: Why on earth did they only play Part 1? At the time I thought that something had happened...I just had assumed that they'd continue into the second part. But then Maynard said something like "Thanks, it's been a pleasure" and the song slowly came to an end. Then there was a big long pause before they started the next song. Honestly in that moment I thought they just might walk off the stage!

Like a broken record, baby: Maybe I'm just jaded after having seen them so many times...but I'm really tired of them playing practically the same set list in every town and on every tour! (unless they've released a new album, in which case they'll just play the same new songs in every town). I've seen them play Stinkfist 6 times but still haven't heard them play some of my favourites.

Tool: With the exception of Danny and maybe Justin - they looked bored. It's not like I've ever seen them at a time when they're very animated...but back in '01 and '02 Maynard was still painting himself up and really moving along to the music.

Highlights:

Wicked drum solo: w/Sebastien from Trans Am (and that reminds me, Trans Am was another lowlight). This was the best part of the night.

Flood: yeah, he skipped a whole verse in a rather short song...but damn, I love that song.

Lateralus & Stinkfist: best sounding songs of the night, in my opinion.

Lasers!!!: Last time I was sitting in a place where I couldn't see anything but Justin, Maynard and the screens profiles. It was awesome to see the lights, and I wished that I didn't smoke my pot at the beginning of the show. The lights and lasers after the break were awesome!!!

Tool: Even if they disappoint, they are still my favourite band! I was so happy that they came to Kelowna! I could not afford to go to Vancouver or anything so I was really appreciative of this opportunity. I look forward to seeing them again!!!

Setlist, as I remember it:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
- short intermission -
Flood
Wings for Marie/10,000 days part one only
Lateralus
Vicarious

This set list is definitely more accurate than the one posted by etherboy.

Last edited by ak11; 11-30-2007 at 12:00 PM..
OFFLINE |  
erudianart
11-30-2007, 01:06 PM

Concert wasn't great. Tool was good but the atmosphere sucked. Maynard wasn't very impressed with the douchebags that were moshing and throwing shit around - unplugging his microphone (I knew that Kelowna was going to suck due to the crowd but I hoped it would be different..... it wasn't).

Super pissed that they didn't play wings part II - did anyone catch what Maynard said after wings part I? Adam had to console Maynard and Maynard seemed to be pretty pissed off.

Set List

Jambi - sweet except unplugged microphone at end
Stinkfist - always awesome, love the extended part
46 & 2 - crowd pleaser
Schism - great
Rosetta Stoned - hilarious
- short intermission -
Flood - sweet, but seriously, Laser pointers? Do you waste 80 bucks to piss off the musician you are going to see? Why dont you stay the at home and not ruin the show for everyone else, jesus people..
Wings for Marie - No lighters, no wings part II = me sad
Lateralus - awesome as always
Vicarious - awsome live

Vancouver was way better in terms of atmosphere and lineups (physical line-ups, not set lineup). You know, sometimes I really wonder if anyone actually listens to the music and puts a little bit of thought into what Maynard is saying and what their message is. There wasn't much "think for your self, question authority fun" happening...

In short, took was OK, crowd ruined it, Kelowna sucks...

(Pretty harsh but im pretty pissed at Kelowna for ruining the show for me)
Old 11-30-2007, 01:06 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Concert wasn't great. Tool was good but the atmosphere sucked. Maynard wasn't very impressed with the douchebags that were moshing and throwing shit around - unplugging his microphone (I knew that Kelowna was going to suck due to the crowd but I hoped it would be different..... it wasn't).

Super pissed that they didn't play wings part II - did anyone catch what Maynard said after wings part I? Adam had to console Maynard and Maynard seemed to be pretty pissed off.

Set List

Jambi - sweet except unplugged microphone at end
Stinkfist - always awesome, love the extended part
46 & 2 - crowd pleaser
Schism - great
Rosetta Stoned - hilarious
- short intermission -
Flood - sweet, but seriously, Laser pointers? Do you waste 80 bucks to piss off the musician you are going to see? Why dont you stay the at home and not ruin the show for everyone else, jesus people..
Wings for Marie - No lighters, no wings part II = me sad
Lateralus - awesome as always
Vicarious - awsome live

Vancouver was way better in terms of atmosphere and lineups (physical line-ups, not set lineup). You know, sometimes I really wonder if anyone actually listens to the music and puts a little bit of thought into what Maynard is saying and what their message is. There wasn't much "think for your self, question authority fun" happening...

(Pretty harsh but im pretty pissed at Kelowna for ruining the show for me)
OFFLINE |  
ak11's Avatar ak11
11-30-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erudianart View Post

I think it is all Kelowna's fault we didn't hear Wings/10000 days pt2...because it seems like other shows on the tour got both, and did you notice at the end there were storm clouds on the screens (which would go with the beginning of pt2). Also it seemed like the song ended sort of abruptly...everything sort of stopped one after another, and there was a long pause with nothing happening. I was far enough way that I couldn't see what the crowd was doing (with laser pointers and such) but I did hear him say something to the effect of "Thanks for this pleasure" at which point the song just disinegrated. I bet they just decided to skip the rest due to the crowd and get through the rest quickly. Maynard sure did get off that stage in a hurry.

I FUCKING HATE KELOWNA!!!! I had to leave hours early just to make sure I didn't get trapped on that damn bridge.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by erudianart View Post

I think it is all Kelowna's fault we didn't hear Wings/10000 days pt2...because it seems like other shows on the tour got both, and did you notice at the end there were storm clouds on the screens (which would go with the beginning of pt2). Also it seemed like the song ended sort of abruptly...everything sort of stopped one after another, and there was a long pause with nothing happening. I was far enough way that I couldn't see what the crowd was doing (with laser pointers and such) but I did hear him say something to the effect of "Thanks for this pleasure" at which point the song just disinegrated. I bet they just decided to skip the rest due to the crowd and get through the rest quickly. Maynard sure did get off that stage in a hurry.

I FUCKING HATE KELOWNA!!!! I had to leave hours early just to make sure I didn't get trapped on that damn bridge.
OFFLINE |  
Revelstoke
11-30-2007, 03:24 PM

I hear ya Kelowna sucks.

Even through it would have been nice to hear the extra stuff...I totally think Maynard did the right thing.

Those "drunkin bastards" were in another world. They should all have gone to the skid row concert instead!;)

I would have loved to have just sat down and experienced it... instead the crowd was acting like they were watching gladiators killing each other in the collisium in rome.

The music was awesome, as usual. THe lights were spectacular. I loved the dueling druming on Lateralus with TransAM. WOW!...WOW!

Again it is terrible what the local crowd did for such an awesome band.

If the band ever reads this:

We love you too and respect what you did by cutting of the 10000 days off .
I give a 9.7!

Fuck The meth heads!
Old 11-30-2007, 03:24 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

I hear ya Kelowna sucks.

Even through it would have been nice to hear the extra stuff...I totally think Maynard did the right thing.

Those "drunkin bastards" were in another world. They should all have gone to the skid row concert instead!;)

I would have loved to have just sat down and experienced it... instead the crowd was acting like they were watching gladiators killing each other in the collisium in rome.

The music was awesome, as usual. THe lights were spectacular. I loved the dueling druming on Lateralus with TransAM. WOW!...WOW!

Again it is terrible what the local crowd did for such an awesome band.

If the band ever reads this:

We love you too and respect what you did by cutting of the 10000 days off .
I give a 9.7!

Fuck The meth heads!
OFFLINE |  
BNABASB
11-30-2007, 04:35 PM

Near the end of Wings pt. 1, right before Maynard was about to do the "difficult to see you in this light..." line, he stopped singing and said "thanks for the present!" to the crowd. And then the song ended and they didn't do part. 2. I couldn't see much from where I was standing, but I'm guessing somebody must have thrown something on the stage. It's the only thing that makes sense.

I agree with what another poster said, it was a potentially awesome show that was somewhat ruined by drunken idiots (I say "somewhat" because I still had a blast so I don't want to say it was ruined!)

Maynard didn't seem impressed with the crowd at all. Guessing they won't be back here any time soon...sigh...

Last edited by BNABASB; 11-30-2007 at 04:41 PM..
Old 11-30-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Near the end of Wings pt. 1, right before Maynard was about to do the "difficult to see you in this light..." line, he stopped singing and said "thanks for the present!" to the crowd. And then the song ended and they didn't do part. 2. I couldn't see much from where I was standing, but I'm guessing somebody must have thrown something on the stage. It's the only thing that makes sense.

I agree with what another poster said, it was a potentially awesome show that was somewhat ruined by drunken idiots (I say "somewhat" because I still had a blast so I don't want to say it was ruined!)

Maynard didn't seem impressed with the crowd at all. Guessing they won't be back here any time soon...sigh...

Last edited by BNABASB; 11-30-2007 at 04:41 PM..
OFFLINE |  
etherboy
11-30-2007, 07:01 PM

Well the vocal mix was kinda bad... and the moshing did suck... I had a friend who went to concert in Oz and said that everyone stopped moshing by the 2nd song...

As always it was the stupid few who spoiled it for everyone...

And I'm sorry my setlist was so wrong ...
Old 11-30-2007, 07:01 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Well the vocal mix was kinda bad... and the moshing did suck... I had a friend who went to concert in Oz and said that everyone stopped moshing by the 2nd song...

As always it was the stupid few who spoiled it for everyone...

11-30-2007, 08:32 PM

Saw the show last night. Had great seats right at stage left probably 25 feet from Adam. At the end I asked Adam's guitar doctor for the set list so I thought I would post an image of it. Too bad that they had seats and not GA on the floor would have been better.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:32 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Saw the show last night. Had great seats right at stage left probably 25 feet from Adam. At the end I asked Adam's guitar doctor for the set list so I thought I would post an image of it. Too bad that they had seats and not GA on the floor would have been better.
OFFLINE |  
juniper
11-30-2007, 08:36 PM

Having some problems with the pic of the set list. But it was Jambia, Stinkfist (Long Version), 46 + 2, Schism, Rosetta, Vicarious Jam, Flood, then break, Wings, Lateralus, and Vicarious.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:36 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Having some problems with the pic of the set list. But it was Jambia, Stinkfist (Long Version), 46 + 2, Schism, Rosetta, Vicarious Jam, Flood, then break, Wings, Lateralus, and Vicarious.
OFFLINE |  
dclement
12-02-2007, 12:27 AM

I was third row directly on the floor in front of Adam. Aside from the few assholes who nearly got the show cut short, it was unreal...and also, buddy of mine that I went with got Adam's actual set list, I'll get him to scan it and I will post! But just an FYI, 10,000 Days was NOT on it, so I think they cut it out...check and see what they did for the Victoria show...

Was my first time seeing the band, and definitely wont be the last!

Like someone above mentioned, we very much appreciated the fact that TOOL came to Kelowna, and hope that those idiots who were causing all the shit on the floor didn't put too much of a sour taste in their mouth. If the band, or Blair or anyone in the bands inner circle reads this, Thank You...You guys put on the best live show of my life, and surely many other peoples'. I hope one day you guys will come back to Kelowna, or at least Vancouver in the very near future!
Old 12-02-2007, 12:27 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

I was third row directly on the floor in front of Adam. Aside from the few assholes who nearly got the show cut short, it was unreal...and also, buddy of mine that I went with got Adam's actual set list, I'll get him to scan it and I will post! But just an FYI, 10,000 Days was NOT on it, so I think they cut it out...check and see what they did for the Victoria show...

Was my first time seeing the band, and definitely wont be the last!

Like someone above mentioned, we very much appreciated the fact that TOOL came to Kelowna, and hope that those idiots who were causing all the shit on the floor didn't put too much of a sour taste in their mouth. If the band, or Blair or anyone in the bands inner circle reads this, Thank You...You guys put on the best live show of my life, and surely many other peoples'. I hope one day you guys will come back to Kelowna, or at least Vancouver in the very near future!
OFFLINE |  
dclement
12-02-2007, 12:29 AM

by the way..did anyone notice the $400 asking price on the signed posters that Adam also drew some of his own stuff on? Ouch...but good on them for charging that, no way in hell that'd go for anymore on eBay...That's a true fans trophy...If only it wasn't xmas budget season for me...o well...next time!
Old 12-02-2007, 12:29 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

by the way..did anyone notice the $400 asking price on the signed posters that Adam also drew some of his own stuff on? Ouch...but good on them for charging that, no way in hell that'd go for anymore on eBay...That's a true fans trophy...If only it wasn't xmas budget season for me...o well...next time!
OFFLINE |  
erudianart
12-02-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNABASB View Post

Ah! makes sense - Maynard was talking to Adam right after wings and was moving his hands in a sort of "F THESE HOBOS" sorta style - and I think Adam settled him down.

I wish I could apologize to the band members for the douchebaggery levels at Kelowna, but I doubt that would matter. I just hope they keep on coming to Vancouver because that show was way better. The reason why it was ruined for me was because the whole reason WHY i went to the show was to see 10000 days live and experience it, and when they didn't play it it pretty much ruined my night.

It was almost like Tool was radiating this type of energy, and the crowd was slowly bastardizing it by the time it got to me, so I could feel traces of the original beauty but it just wasn't there.

Anywho, I guess I will take what I get when I get a chance to see Tool live! Good things taken away though, lots of positives, just the show didn't play up to its potential.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:31 AM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

Ah! makes sense - Maynard was talking to Adam right after wings and was moving his hands in a sort of "F THESE HOBOS" sorta style - and I think Adam settled him down.

I wish I could apologize to the band members for the douchebaggery levels at Kelowna, but I doubt that would matter. I just hope they keep on coming to Vancouver because that show was way better. The reason why it was ruined for me was because the whole reason WHY i went to the show was to see 10000 days live and experience it, and when they didn't play it it pretty much ruined my night.

It was almost like Tool was radiating this type of energy, and the crowd was slowly bastardizing it by the time it got to me, so I could feel traces of the original beauty but it just wasn't there.

Anywho, I guess I will take what I get when I get a chance to see Tool live! Good things taken away though, lots of positives, just the show didn't play up to its potential.
OFFLINE |  
junior
12-02-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclement View Post
buddy of mine that I went with got Adam's actual set list, I'll get him to scan it and I will post! But just an FYI, 10,000 Days was NOT on it, so I think they cut it out...check and see what they did for the Victoria show...
On this leg of the tour, the setlists have all just stated "Wings" in reference to the entire "Wings/10,000 Days" piece. The 2nd part was cancelled on the spot in reaction to what was going on down front.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Re: Nov 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclement View Post
buddy of mine that I went with got Adam's actual set list, I'll get him to scan it and I will post! But just an FYI, 10,000 Days was NOT on it, so I think they cut it out...check and see what they did for the Victoria show...
On this leg of the tour, the setlists have all just stated "Wings" in reference to the entire "Wings/10,000 Days" piece. The 2nd part was cancelled on the spot in reaction to what was going on down front.
OFFLINE |  
ak11's Avatar ak11
12-02-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherboy View Post
I personally would not have known the set list were it not for the fact that they played the same set list in the previous shows; my memory is shot.

Anyways as far as Wings go...even though I couldn't see anything going on, I knew SOMETHING had to be up. I mean, why would they play just play part one?? I never thought that could be possible, and considering what I've read on this thread, I don't even see how it was debatable. Do you ever think to yourself "Gee, I'd really like to listen to 10,000 days...but just the first part"? I barely consider it a song - at best it is only half of one.

Last edited by ak11; 12-02-2007 at 03:38 PM..
Old 12-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #15
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
I personally would not have known the set list were it not for the fact that they played the same set list in the previous shows; my memory is shot.

Anyways as far as Wings go...even though I couldn't see anything going on, I knew SOMETHING had to be up. I mean, why would they play just play part one?? I never thought that could be possible, and considering what I've read on this thread, I don't even see how it was debatable. Do you ever think to yourself "Gee, I'd really like to listen to 10,000 days...but just the first part"? I barely consider it a song - at best it is only half of one.

Last edited by ak11; 12-02-2007 at 03:38 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Deftool
12-02-2007, 05:27 PM

Second Tool show, saw them in Vancouver last year. Very Impressed with the new lights and lazers, added a ton of ambience to all the songs. Adam and Justin were definitely on and Danny was a monster as usual, the drum off with Sebastien from Trans am in the middle of Lateralus was incredible. Not so impressed with Maynards singing, he seemed short of breath at times and didn't hold some notes as long as usual. I was disappointed to not get 10k days, but I assumed it was because of those idiots moshing and breaking chairs a couple of rows from the stage.

Some maynardisms:

"I want you to put your arms straight up in the air like this, bring them straight out to the side, now reach down, grab your buttocks and hold on, cause it's going to be a long ride."
"Don't kill eachother, it's just rock songs"
"We love you, please don't kill eachother... We love you."
"Take care of eachother when you're leaving tonight."
Old 12-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Second Tool show, saw them in Vancouver last year. Very Impressed with the new lights and lazers, added a ton of ambience to all the songs. Adam and Justin were definitely on and Danny was a monster as usual, the drum off with Sebastien from Trans am in the middle of Lateralus was incredible. Not so impressed with Maynards singing, he seemed short of breath at times and didn't hold some notes as long as usual. I was disappointed to not get 10k days, but I assumed it was because of those idiots moshing and breaking chairs a couple of rows from the stage.

Some maynardisms:

"I want you to put your arms straight up in the air like this, bring them straight out to the side, now reach down, grab your buttocks and hold on, cause it's going to be a long ride."
"Don't kill eachother, it's just rock songs"
"We love you, please don't kill eachother... We love you."
"Take care of eachother when you're leaving tonight."
OFFLINE |  
BNABASB
12-02-2007, 05:40 PM

I think part of the problem was the length of time it took for Tool to come on. I'm not sure if this is "normal," but it must have taken at least 40 minutes for Tool to take the stage after Tran Am left, and the crowd just kept getting drunker and drunker...

Again, I don't know how long it usually takes, but I feel like if they could have taken the stage sooner things might have been better (the arena staff stopped selling booze once Tool started.)
Old 12-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

I think part of the problem was the length of time it took for Tool to come on. I'm not sure if this is "normal," but it must have taken at least 40 minutes for Tool to take the stage after Tran Am left, and the crowd just kept getting drunker and drunker...

Again, I don't know how long it usually takes, but I feel like if they could have taken the stage sooner things might have been better (the arena staff stopped selling booze once Tool started.)
OFFLINE |  
junior
12-02-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:

It usually takes no less than 30 minutes, sometimes up to 45. It's been even longer, but not very often. The normal is 30-35 minutes.
Sometimes it's long because the ticket lines are slow and there are still people outside the building. Sometimes it's because something isn't working and needs to get fixed before the show starts. Sometimes it just is.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:18 PM   #18
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

It usually takes no less than 30 minutes, sometimes up to 45. It's been even longer, but not very often. The normal is 30-35 minutes.
Sometimes it's long because the ticket lines are slow and there are still people outside the building. Sometimes it's because something isn't working and needs to get fixed before the show starts. Sometimes it just is.
OFFLINE |  
dclement
12-02-2007, 08:29 PM

damn...the victoria show went smoothly...so its just kelowna they'll never come back to
Old 12-02-2007, 08:29 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

damn...the victoria show went smoothly...so its just kelowna they'll never come back to
OFFLINE |  
ak11's Avatar ak11
12-02-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:

I've been to lots of concerts, and lots of Tool concerts....and there wasn't much of a wait at all. The problem is that the people in Kelowna are fucktards!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #20
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

I've been to lots of concerts, and lots of Tool concerts....and there wasn't much of a wait at all. The problem is that the people in Kelowna are fucktards!
OFFLINE |  
BNABASB
12-03-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak11 View Post
I've been to lots of concerts, and lots of Tool concerts....and there wasn't much of a wait at all.
Oh, okay. Like I said, I'm not really much of a concert-goer so I have no idea what the usual wait time was, and as I sat there waiting for Tool to come out it felt like forever.

Quote:
The problem is that the people in Kelowna are fucktards!
Agreed.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak11 View Post
I've been to lots of concerts, and lots of Tool concerts....and there wasn't much of a wait at all.
Oh, okay. Like I said, I'm not really much of a concert-goer so I have no idea what the usual wait time was, and as I sat there waiting for Tool to come out it felt like forever.

Quote:
The problem is that the people in Kelowna are fucktards!
Agreed.
OFFLINE |  
TheDude1975
12-03-2007, 08:09 PM

First of all I'm really surprised that any of the Meth and crack heads could save up over $80 for a ticket. Most of what I'm going to write has been posted already, how many douchebags does it take to start a mash pit when its assigned seating on the floor. Why the hell would you bring a laser pointer into a concert just to piss off the band you paid good money to see. I've lived in Kelowna for 4 years now and is it just me or does this town seem to have a more higher percentage of douchebags and jackasses then any other place. I was hoping to see Tool in Vancouver last September but couldn't because of work, I couldn't believe when I heard they were coming to Kelowna. Instead of rolling out the red carpet for these guys, what do we do, we fill prospera place with enough assholes to piss off the band so they never come back. I don't know why they came to Kelowna in the first place, maybe Maynard wanted to check out our wineries and get some pointers for his own.

Despite it all Tool was awesome. This was the best concert that I've ever been too. I think Tool is the best, most original and talented band. The next time I go to see them I will just go to Vancouver.

I was just wondering what everyone else thought about the job that the staff did at prospera place? We were outside in the lineup at 6:15 and we didnt get in till after 7:10. I know they opened the doors later then when they said they would (6:30), but it was pretty damn cold out there, they were practically strip searching everybody, and they still managed to miss at least one laser pointer, about 5 cell phones and 40 pounds of weed. The beer lineup was even worse. They were carding everybody. I'm 32 years old and when I finally get up to the front I get carded, I have to go back to my seat, find my wife who has my wallet, and get back in the lineup, get carded again. The two guys behind me started laughing when I got carded (both looked in their forty's) but I had to laugh when they got carded also. I dont understand why they didn't have any beer pre-poured when you got to the counter, nobody goes there for popcorn.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

First of all I'm really surprised that any of the Meth and crack heads could save up over $80 for a ticket. Most of what I'm going to write has been posted already, how many douchebags does it take to start a mash pit when its assigned seating on the floor. Why the hell would you bring a laser pointer into a concert just to piss off the band you paid good money to see. I've lived in Kelowna for 4 years now and is it just me or does this town seem to have a more higher percentage of douchebags and jackasses then any other place. I was hoping to see Tool in Vancouver last September but couldn't because of work, I couldn't believe when I heard they were coming to Kelowna. Instead of rolling out the red carpet for these guys, what do we do, we fill prospera place with enough assholes to piss off the band so they never come back. I don't know why they came to Kelowna in the first place, maybe Maynard wanted to check out our wineries and get some pointers for his own.

Despite it all Tool was awesome. This was the best concert that I've ever been too. I think Tool is the best, most original and talented band. The next time I go to see them I will just go to Vancouver.

I was just wondering what everyone else thought about the job that the staff did at prospera place? We were outside in the lineup at 6:15 and we didnt get in till after 7:10. I know they opened the doors later then when they said they would (6:30), but it was pretty damn cold out there, they were practically strip searching everybody, and they still managed to miss at least one laser pointer, about 5 cell phones and 40 pounds of weed. The beer lineup was even worse. They were carding everybody. I'm 32 years old and when I finally get up to the front I get carded, I have to go back to my seat, find my wife who has my wallet, and get back in the lineup, get carded again. The two guys behind me started laughing when I got carded (both looked in their forty's) but I had to laugh when they got carded also. I dont understand why they didn't have any beer pre-poured when you got to the counter, nobody goes there for popcorn.
OFFLINE |  
etherboy
12-03-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude1975 View Post

I've got nothing against people who drink at concerts, but I was there to see TOOL not drink beer... beer I can have anytime... and I don't feel like beer helps my appreciation of TOOL... also beer is too fucking expensive there anyway...

Let's all pray that TOOL even grace BC again...
Old 12-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

I've got nothing against people who drink at concerts, but I was there to see TOOL not drink beer... beer I can have anytime... and I don't feel like beer helps my appreciation of TOOL... also beer is too fucking expensive there anyway...

12-04-2007, 12:34 AM

Quote:
First of all I'm really surprised that any of the Meth and crack heads could save up over $80 for a ticket...I've lived in Kelowna for 4 years now and is it just me or does this town seem to have a more higher percentage of douchebags and jackasses then any other place.
No, it's not just you...and it's not meth or crack heads - they're just your fellow Kelowna citizens.

Quote:
Amen!

Last edited by ak11; 12-04-2007 at 12:37 AM..
Old 12-04-2007, 12:34 AM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
First of all I'm really surprised that any of the Meth and crack heads could save up over $80 for a ticket...I've lived in Kelowna for 4 years now and is it just me or does this town seem to have a more higher percentage of douchebags and jackasses then any other place.
No, it's not just you...and it's not meth or crack heads - they're just your fellow Kelowna citizens.

Quote:
Amen!

Last edited by ak11; 12-04-2007 at 12:37 AM..
OFFLINE |  
dclement
12-05-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:

cheers dude, i could not have worded that any better! been here just over a year now and am blown away by a lot of the dickheads here who also cancelled wakefest...See you in Vancouver
Old 12-05-2007, 12:09 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

cheers dude, i could not have worded that any better! been here just over a year now and am blown away by a lot of the dickheads here who also cancelled wakefest...See you in Vancouver
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply