Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2007
User Name
Password
marcus's Avatar marcus
11-08-2007, 12:51 AM

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:51 AM   #1
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077
Dec 14 Las Vegas, NV The Pearl

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Quadropheniac
12-14-2007, 11:26 PM

GUESS I'm the first person to post that was actually at the show.
Tool IS THE BEST.
This was my 16th Tool show and it was a happy yet sAd experience because I may not get to see them again at least in this decade.

As soon as the doors opened, I was the first in line and they had a big lithograph painted by Adam, framed and signed by all the members for $500.
GOOD THING I BROUGHT MY CREDIT CARD!
These scalper jerks tried to get me to sell it to them, I said piss off this is going to a real Tool fan at the original price intended. You won't see it on eBay. There were 2 different lithos for sale tonight.

SET LIST:

JAMBI
Stinkfist
46and2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus Justin ate a banana while playin bass with one hand
Vicarious - different intro
The Pot (just kidding, I wish)

Maynardisms:
Who was here last night? I guess you'll never learn.

THOSE OF YOU WANTING MORE:
Please understand that what TOOL does is not only physically demanding but very emotionally demanding. To play their music and make it sound right, takes a lot of energy, emotion and concentration for timing.
Notice you didn't hear songs like "The Pot" ? After Danny tore his bicep, it's been a rough tour for them I think. It was still a memorable ocassion and I would go again and again.
http://quadroteq.com/PC150194.jpg
http://quadroteq.com/PC150201.jpg
http://quadroteq.com/PC140170.jpg
http://quadroteq.com/PC140156.jpg

Shine on benevolent sun........

Last edited by Quadropheniac; 12-15-2007 at 12:54 AM..
Old 12-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 14 Las Vegas, NV The Pearl

GUESS I'm the first person to post that was actually at the show.
Tool IS THE BEST.
This was my 16th Tool show and it was a happy yet sAd experience because I may not get to see them again at least in this decade.

As soon as the doors opened, I was the first in line and they had a big lithograph painted by Adam, framed and signed by all the members for $500.
GOOD THING I BROUGHT MY CREDIT CARD!
These scalper jerks tried to get me to sell it to them, I said piss off this is going to a real Tool fan at the original price intended. You won't see it on eBay. There were 2 different lithos for sale tonight.

SET LIST:

JAMBI
Stinkfist
46and2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus Justin ate a banana while playin bass with one hand
Vicarious - different intro
The Pot (just kidding, I wish)

Maynardisms:

THOSE OF YOU WANTING MORE:
Please understand that what TOOL does is not only physically demanding but very emotionally demanding. To play their music and make it sound right, takes a lot of energy, emotion and concentration for timing.
Notice you didn't hear songs like "The Pot" ? After Danny tore his bicep, it's been a rough tour for them I think. It was still a memorable ocassion and I would go again and again.
http://quadroteq.com/PC150194.jpg
http://quadroteq.com/PC150201.jpg
http://quadroteq.com/PC140170.jpg
http://quadroteq.com/PC140156.jpg

Shine on benevolent sun........

Last edited by Quadropheniac; 12-15-2007 at 12:54 AM..
OFFLINE |  
lexiconoclast's Avatar lexiconoclast
12-14-2007, 11:47 PM

absolutely fantastic show. perfect sound. i could hear everything and i have not a single complaint. i was about 4th in line for the signed posters and had no problem obtaining one. i got one each unsigned of last night's jesus poster and tonights holy mother poster. theyre pretty pimpy. there were what looked like about 80 or a hundred of the signed available.

the show was perfectly incredible. they were tight as hell even though there were many reported sigtings of Justin spooking about the hotel getting smashed all day. and he had 4 more on stage.

one maynardism i remember was a judicious warning not to find yourself in a bathtub full of ice missing a harvested organ...

i have a ton of phone pics if i can figure out how to make the image upload on this fucker work in firefox.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:47 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

absolutely fantastic show. perfect sound. i could hear everything and i have not a single complaint. i was about 4th in line for the signed posters and had no problem obtaining one. i got one each unsigned of last night's jesus poster and tonights holy mother poster. theyre pretty pimpy. there were what looked like about 80 or a hundred of the signed available.

the show was perfectly incredible. they were tight as hell even though there were many reported sigtings of Justin spooking about the hotel getting smashed all day. and he had 4 more on stage.

one maynardism i remember was a judicious warning not to find yourself in a bathtub full of ice missing a harvested organ...

i have a ton of phone pics if i can figure out how to make the image upload on this fucker work in firefox.
12-14-2007, 11:50 PM

im attempting a live camerashot upload, dont know if it will work worth a fuck

fuck the uploader heres some links

the stage:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ast/img107.jpg

some goth bird in front of me:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ast/img085.jpg

the stage again:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ast/img077.jpg

short video of intermission sounds:

http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w...urrent=091.flv

Last edited by lexiconoclast; 12-14-2007 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: video add
Old 12-14-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

im attempting a live camerashot upload, dont know if it will work worth a fuck

fuck the uploader heres some links

the stage:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ast/img107.jpg

some goth bird in front of me:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ast/img085.jpg

the stage again:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ast/img077.jpg

short video of intermission sounds:

http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w...urrent=091.flv

Last edited by lexiconoclast; 12-14-2007 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: video add
OFFLINE |  
Damani311
12-15-2007, 12:24 AM

The hopes of a child....

As he watches them die....

As they close with Vicarious...

Why oh why...

They didn't just close the show with Vic, the closed the Tour with it, and they closed the decade, and, IMO their last show with it. Epic. . Anyway the show itself was better than last night, they went all out on the antics.

Last edited by Damani311; 12-15-2007 at 12:30 AM..
Old 12-15-2007, 12:24 AM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

The hopes of a child....

As he watches them die....

As they close with Vicarious...

Why oh why...

They didn't just close the show with Vic, the closed the Tour with it, and they closed the decade, and, IMO their last show with it. Epic. . Anyway the show itself was better than last night, they went all out on the antics.

Last edited by Damani311; 12-15-2007 at 12:30 AM..
OFFLINE |  
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
12-15-2007, 12:30 AM

Really great show. Same setlist but for those who have a problem with that, see the Maynard quote above in the first post.

I got to see some good friends from the boards tonight (hi everyone!). Overall a great experience and I'm glad I made it out for the final date on their 10,000 Days tour.

I want to take a moment to thank all the posters I have chatted with here and the great people I have met through these boards and because of Tool. It's been a great ride and with a little luck, we'll all do it again in a few years on Tool's next record.

Btw, I thought Rosetta Stoned was the highlight of the night. All of the band in perfect form for that one.

Peace
The
Fuck
Out
Old 12-15-2007, 12:30 AM   #6
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Really great show. Same setlist but for those who have a problem with that, see the Maynard quote above in the first post.

I got to see some good friends from the boards tonight (hi everyone!). Overall a great experience and I'm glad I made it out for the final date on their 10,000 Days tour.

I want to take a moment to thank all the posters I have chatted with here and the great people I have met through these boards and because of Tool. It's been a great ride and with a little luck, we'll all do it again in a few years on Tool's next record.

Btw, I thought Rosetta Stoned was the highlight of the night. All of the band in perfect form for that one.

Peace
The
Fuck
Out
OFFLINE |  
nkazoura
12-15-2007, 12:07 PM

I dont know why no one mentioned this but maynard announced before vicarious that this would be their last show for this album, but not theit last show ever.

Justin chancellor owned the night. He was by far the most energetic man on stage, a thrill to watch, an inspiration for all artists.

http://nkazoura.deviantart.com/art/J...ellor-72186960

Last edited by nkazoura; 12-15-2007 at 12:11 PM..
Old 12-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

I dont know why no one mentioned this but maynard announced before vicarious that this would be their last show for this album, but not theit last show ever.

Justin chancellor owned the night. He was by far the most energetic man on stage, a thrill to watch, an inspiration for all artists.

http://nkazoura.deviantart.com/art/J...ellor-72186960

Last edited by nkazoura; 12-15-2007 at 12:11 PM..
OFFLINE |  
MFF0RD6
12-15-2007, 02:30 PM

Lucky #11 Tool Show for a number of reasons:

Got in early with GA ticket and planted myself 2nd/3rd row in from of adam. NEVER have I been this close to Tool. I didn't realize they had mirrors on the stage to reflect the lasers and to see adam and maynard's interludes on keys was great, I never knew who did what and when.

justin came out in a huge afro wig which was hilarious but as he was on the other side i didn't get to see him too well, except for when he sat for wings and ate the banana during lateralus jam. he seemed to be rocking a little more than in LA on monday

adam taped the setlist in front of us because some rather annoying fans were requesting pushit, and then put a picture from south park on top of it, with towelie and stan together which made someone claim they were going to then play "the pot" (towelie was taking bong hits in the picture). they clearly were not going to deviate from their setlist, that's for sure.

maynard was in great spirits until about the middle of rosetta stoned when he was standing looking at the crowd kind of pissed at how some people were acting. after that it was back to normal as far as i could tell. on the left side, i thought it was very mellow and respectful in terms of pushing/shoving. kudos to those fans. in fact after the show i spoke to someone who went to both nights and said thursday was better because the crowd were assholes tonight. i asked, he was 2nd row center in the pit. being adam side really helped because i saw some of the moshing but wasn't in any of it

maynard threw out something to our side of the crowd during lateralus (i think) and everyone clamored for it but no one got it...well, i look down and there's this weird tiny box next to my foot so i grab it and actually thought it was a pack of matches. it wasn't until after the show that i realized it was a pack of chewing gum, hot cinammon with a box that read: "Oh god i am so totally wasted" "Did we make out?" and the girl's picture looks similar to some of the puscifer art (rev 22:20 girl) so i have a little souvenir from maynard, i'll try to up a pic of it.

at the end of the set a bunch of people got "Jesus Fucking Christ" business cards and that was the first i'd seen of that, they were credit card style, cool. i didn't get one.

maynard also taped up his setlist to the front of his keyboard because of the pushit chants as if to say "no, THIS is what we're playing." ballsy, and one of the few times i've seen him directly respond to the crowd about a song request. one other funny thing he did was during lateralus jam he accepted a banana from justin and then pretended to fellate it, even going as far as cupping imaginary banana balls

danny had a phenomenal night, wore a kansas jersey. the guy is so solid to goes without saying but he really propels them. being able to see him in tool and volto, it is the best of both worlds in terms of small venues and big ones but every night he floors me. never knew it was danny who starts Wings

they sold out of the posters before i could get one, but after the show i was prepared to buy a shirt and look down on the ground, Bam $20 sitting right there. paid for half my shirt, that's Vega$ for you. you win some you lose some

so, as you can tell it was a great tour closer. who knows when they'll be back, but i hope it's not another 4 years, hoping for more like 2.

Last edited by MFF0RD6; 12-16-2007 at 07:11 AM..
Old 12-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Lucky #11 Tool Show for a number of reasons:

Got in early with GA ticket and planted myself 2nd/3rd row in from of adam. NEVER have I been this close to Tool. I didn't realize they had mirrors on the stage to reflect the lasers and to see adam and maynard's interludes on keys was great, I never knew who did what and when.

justin came out in a huge afro wig which was hilarious but as he was on the other side i didn't get to see him too well, except for when he sat for wings and ate the banana during lateralus jam. he seemed to be rocking a little more than in LA on monday

adam taped the setlist in front of us because some rather annoying fans were requesting pushit, and then put a picture from south park on top of it, with towelie and stan together which made someone claim they were going to then play "the pot" (towelie was taking bong hits in the picture). they clearly were not going to deviate from their setlist, that's for sure.

maynard was in great spirits until about the middle of rosetta stoned when he was standing looking at the crowd kind of pissed at how some people were acting. after that it was back to normal as far as i could tell. on the left side, i thought it was very mellow and respectful in terms of pushing/shoving. kudos to those fans. in fact after the show i spoke to someone who went to both nights and said thursday was better because the crowd were assholes tonight. i asked, he was 2nd row center in the pit. being adam side really helped because i saw some of the moshing but wasn't in any of it

maynard threw out something to our side of the crowd during lateralus (i think) and everyone clamored for it but no one got it...well, i look down and there's this weird tiny box next to my foot so i grab it and actually thought it was a pack of matches. it wasn't until after the show that i realized it was a pack of chewing gum, hot cinammon with a box that read: "Oh god i am so totally wasted" "Did we make out?" and the girl's picture looks similar to some of the puscifer art (rev 22:20 girl) so i have a little souvenir from maynard, i'll try to up a pic of it.

at the end of the set a bunch of people got "Jesus Fucking Christ" business cards and that was the first i'd seen of that, they were credit card style, cool. i didn't get one.

maynard also taped up his setlist to the front of his keyboard because of the pushit chants as if to say "no, THIS is what we're playing." ballsy, and one of the few times i've seen him directly respond to the crowd about a song request. one other funny thing he did was during lateralus jam he accepted a banana from justin and then pretended to fellate it, even going as far as cupping imaginary banana balls

danny had a phenomenal night, wore a kansas jersey. the guy is so solid to goes without saying but he really propels them. being able to see him in tool and volto, it is the best of both worlds in terms of small venues and big ones but every night he floors me. never knew it was danny who starts Wings

they sold out of the posters before i could get one, but after the show i was prepared to buy a shirt and look down on the ground, Bam $20 sitting right there. paid for half my shirt, that's Vega$ for you. you win some you lose some

so, as you can tell it was a great tour closer. who knows when they'll be back, but i hope it's not another 4 years, hoping for more like 2.

Last edited by MFF0RD6; 12-16-2007 at 07:11 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Eyenovation
12-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadropheniac View Post
Maynardisms:
Not quite. Maynard said:

"Show of hands, here. Who's lost money? (pause). I guess you'll never learn. You could have used that money to buy... tee shirts."
Old 12-15-2007, 02:35 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadropheniac View Post
Maynardisms:
Not quite. Maynard said:

"Show of hands, here. Who's lost money? (pause). I guess you'll never learn. You could have used that money to buy... tee shirts."
OFFLINE |  
nkazoura
12-15-2007, 03:39 PM

here's a pic i took of Justins fro mentioned in MFF0RD6's comments

http://nkazoura.deviantart.com/art/JC-Fro-72202896
Old 12-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

here's a pic i took of Justins fro mentioned in MFF0RD6's comments

http://nkazoura.deviantart.com/art/JC-Fro-72202896
OFFLINE |  
blp
12-15-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkazoura View Post
Is this really what was said? Did someone else hear this as well??

Because at the SF show, they said that they would be back soon. Maybe they are just not coming back to Vegas =)

They added so much equipment/lights for this last leg of the tour, I dunno why they would add all of those new things just for a small run of shows...
Old 12-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #11
blp
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkazoura View Post
Is this really what was said? Did someone else hear this as well??

Because at the SF show, they said that they would be back soon. Maybe they are just not coming back to Vegas =)

They added so much equipment/lights for this last leg of the tour, I dunno why they would add all of those new things just for a small run of shows...
OFFLINE |  
jwb's Avatar jwb
12-15-2007, 04:48 PM

MJK definitely said.
"This is the last song, from the last show, of our last tour." Then he seemed to think about it for a second then added. "Not forever, just awhile."

Good show, better than the first night. More energy. MJK was in a better mood, Adam actually banged (well, okay, nodded) his head a few times while playing. Justin and Danny were absolutely killing it throughout.

Still have to say, I can't believe they played the EXACT same setlist two nights in a row at the same venue. Even during last summer's tour they would change a song or two between shows. Then again, I may just be bitter because I travelled a long way to see it, and was expecting something special for the last show. Should have learned by now, I guess. Oh well, fooled again.

Thanks to Junior for the setlist, again. Really cool of you. Thanks to BJ (the Pearl sound guy) for some funny TOOL anecdotes. Does Maynard really keep a getaway car parked out back? But most of all thanks to Danny Lohner for the beer shower. You need better aim when tossing drinks at your pals. Ha Ha
Old 12-15-2007, 04:48 PM   #12
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

MJK definitely said.
"This is the last song, from the last show, of our last tour." Then he seemed to think about it for a second then added. "Not forever, just awhile."

Good show, better than the first night. More energy. MJK was in a better mood, Adam actually banged (well, okay, nodded) his head a few times while playing. Justin and Danny were absolutely killing it throughout.

Still have to say, I can't believe they played the EXACT same setlist two nights in a row at the same venue. Even during last summer's tour they would change a song or two between shows. Then again, I may just be bitter because I travelled a long way to see it, and was expecting something special for the last show. Should have learned by now, I guess. Oh well, fooled again.

Thanks to Junior for the setlist, again. Really cool of you. Thanks to BJ (the Pearl sound guy) for some funny TOOL anecdotes. Does Maynard really keep a getaway car parked out back? But most of all thanks to Danny Lohner for the beer shower. You need better aim when tossing drinks at your pals. Ha Ha
OFFLINE |  
chunk's Avatar chunk
12-16-2007, 12:23 AM

Great show! I was on the floor, just about dead center. The Pearl is an awesome venue. Before the show I was talking to a sound engineer who works at the pearl and he said that the pearl has one of the best speaker/sound systems in the world. After hearing the show, I can't say that I disagree.

I am always amazed by the wall of sound that emanates from just three instruments and an ocassional keyboard/synthesizer. This was my third show for the 10,000 days tour (10th overall) and it was my favorite of the three by far. I just kept saying to myself....savor this moment, make it last, because it will be a long time before I see them again (hopefully sooner).

Favorite moments were Rosetta Stoned <---what an epic song and then right after.....FLOOD!!!. Flood is one one my dear favorites and it had been a long time since I heard it live. Thank you tool.

Until next time....
Old 12-16-2007, 12:23 AM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

Great show! I was on the floor, just about dead center. The Pearl is an awesome venue. Before the show I was talking to a sound engineer who works at the pearl and he said that the pearl has one of the best speaker/sound systems in the world. After hearing the show, I can't say that I disagree.

I am always amazed by the wall of sound that emanates from just three instruments and an ocassional keyboard/synthesizer. This was my third show for the 10,000 days tour (10th overall) and it was my favorite of the three by far. I just kept saying to myself....savor this moment, make it last, because it will be a long time before I see them again (hopefully sooner).

Favorite moments were Rosetta Stoned <---what an epic song and then right after.....FLOOD!!!. Flood is one one my dear favorites and it had been a long time since I heard it live. Thank you tool.

Until next time....
OFFLINE |  
Rammy's Avatar Rammy
12-16-2007, 04:44 AM

I had a extra ticket and tried to sell it to TOOL fan here.
I was really sorry I couldn't do it.

But I was happy to sell it to a TOOL fan I've met at the venue on 13th.

I couldn't get several places tickets by SCALPER.
they tried to sell tickets to us several times. they really pissed me off.

I've seen their show 10 years ago for the first time.
10 years, 20 shows. not bad.

they did awesome shows like some people already posted.
Pearl is good venue.

I wanted them to close the show with a song that they haven't played often.

When I see people who move around to buy drinks many times,
are speaking loudly in the show, I think like this...

"Do they really want to see the show"?

I know it's opinion from my side.
Audiences in US are amazing. But I felt some people's attitude are rude
sometimes to TOOL and their fans.

Thank you, TOOL
acircularvision.org
Old 12-16-2007, 04:44 AM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

I had a extra ticket and tried to sell it to TOOL fan here.
I was really sorry I couldn't do it.

But I was happy to sell it to a TOOL fan I've met at the venue on 13th.

I couldn't get several places tickets by SCALPER.
they tried to sell tickets to us several times. they really pissed me off.

I've seen their show 10 years ago for the first time.
10 years, 20 shows. not bad.

they did awesome shows like some people already posted.
Pearl is good venue.

I wanted them to close the show with a song that they haven't played often.

When I see people who move around to buy drinks many times,
are speaking loudly in the show, I think like this...

"Do they really want to see the show"?

I know it's opinion from my side.
Audiences in US are amazing. But I felt some people's attitude are rude
sometimes to TOOL and their fans.

Thank you, TOOL
acircularvision.org
OFFLINE |  
no_name's Avatar no_name
12-16-2007, 09:18 AM

I was at this show on Friday night. I drove 6 hours just to see it. I was sick so after the show i just went to my room and went to bed then got up in the morning and drove straight home. Anyway, I made the decision to go to this one about a week ago. I tried ebay and craigslist but had no luck as of Tuesday night. Then i tried ticketmaster and got lucky. But not just lucky - real fucking lucky. The seat was in VIP box 215. We had private bathrooms, private lounge, bar, slutty waitresses. And in the lounge they had a few plasmas that displayed what was being presented on the screens on each side of the stage and behind the band. Best seats in the house. Anyway, when the band came on they did a TOOL introduction on the screens that was new (since 5/6/7 in tucson). It was very cool. Just some sound and the word tool in a cool blue color spread across the four screens in back. I was really hoping that they would mix the set list up, but how can you be disappointed after a tool show? lol, i can not be. I am going to go on a limb here and venture to guess that in the month following the release of the vicarious DVD they announce a whole slew of US or foreign dates. To be honest i think they can do a lot more with the show and will WANT to include some of the features from the video into their show.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:18 AM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

I was at this show on Friday night. I drove 6 hours just to see it. I was sick so after the show i just went to my room and went to bed then got up in the morning and drove straight home. Anyway, I made the decision to go to this one about a week ago. I tried ebay and craigslist but had no luck as of Tuesday night. Then i tried ticketmaster and got lucky. But not just lucky - real fucking lucky. The seat was in VIP box 215. We had private bathrooms, private lounge, bar, slutty waitresses. And in the lounge they had a few plasmas that displayed what was being presented on the screens on each side of the stage and behind the band. Best seats in the house. Anyway, when the band came on they did a TOOL introduction on the screens that was new (since 5/6/7 in tucson). It was very cool. Just some sound and the word tool in a cool blue color spread across the four screens in back. I was really hoping that they would mix the set list up, but how can you be disappointed after a tool show? lol, i can not be. I am going to go on a limb here and venture to guess that in the month following the release of the vicarious DVD they announce a whole slew of US or foreign dates. To be honest i think they can do a lot more with the show and will WANT to include some of the features from the video into their show.
12-16-2007, 06:11 PM

DAMMIT! I was really hoping they would've played Pushit the last night after playing FLOOD the night before...i guess GOD must have been busy with other prayers that night.

To me lateralus is my favorite song and to hear and see them play it the way they did tonight...i have no words to describe it.

Thank You TOOL

Peace Tha FUCK OUT!!!!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
8/13-14/01... 11/01/01 11/24/02... 4/30/06 5/5/06/ 9/7-8/06 4/27/07 4/28/07 5/02-03/07 12/10/07 12/11/07 12/13/07 12/14/07... 7/21/09 8/08/09 8/22/09... 6/28/10 6/29/10 7/12/10 7/15/10 7/16/10 7/18/10 07/19/10... 1/14/11... 1/14/12 1/15/12 1/17/12 1/18/12 1/20-21/12 2/8/12...
Old 12-16-2007, 06:11 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

DAMMIT! I was really hoping they would've played Pushit the last night after playing FLOOD the night before...i guess GOD must have been busy with other prayers that night.

To me lateralus is my favorite song and to hear and see them play it the way they did tonight...i have no words to describe it.

Thank You TOOL

Peace Tha FUCK OUT!!!!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
8/13-14/01... 11/01/01 11/24/02... 4/30/06 5/5/06/ 9/7-8/06 4/27/07 4/28/07 5/02-03/07 12/10/07 12/11/07 12/13/07 12/14/07... 7/21/09 8/08/09 8/22/09... 6/28/10 6/29/10 7/12/10 7/15/10 7/16/10 7/18/10 07/19/10... 1/14/11... 1/14/12 1/15/12 1/17/12 1/18/12 1/20-21/12 2/8/12...
OFFLINE |  
aevasquez's Avatar aevasquez
12-16-2007, 10:10 PM

Awesome facking show!!! I loved the fro, Justin pounding Stellas and the sound was intense!!!

I will post my full review tomorrow, just got back home about an hour ago. Very tired.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:10 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Awesome facking show!!! I loved the fro, Justin pounding Stellas and the sound was intense!!!

I will post my full review tomorrow, just got back home about an hour ago. Very tired.
12-16-2007, 10:12 PM

THANK YOU Brian, aka, Oliver Klozoff, for giving me the ticket for friday's show, who came all the way from Alabama to see Tool in vegas! A true fan and a great person!

thanks!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:12 PM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

THANK YOU Brian, aka, Oliver Klozoff, for giving me the ticket for friday's show, who came all the way from Alabama to see Tool in vegas! A true fan and a great person!

thanks!
OFFLINE |  
makdaddynuge
12-16-2007, 11:17 PM

kinda mad they played same setlist 2 nights in a row, but badass either way. I flew from louisiana for the 2 nights shows.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #19
Level 2 - Poster

kinda mad they played same setlist 2 nights in a row, but badass either way. I flew from louisiana for the 2 nights shows.
OFFLINE |  
carsonh76's Avatar carsonh76
12-16-2007, 11:33 PM

just got back to louisville, 2 fucking fabulous shows. friday definately stood out above thursday, the band played as if it were there last show... no worries maynard reassured us that there will eventually be more. thank god! highlights:

flood, jambi, rosetta, lateralus.

peace the fuck out.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:33 PM   #20
Level 2 - Poster

just got back to louisville, 2 fucking fabulous shows. friday definately stood out above thursday, the band played as if it were there last show... no worries maynard reassured us that there will eventually be more. thank god! highlights:

flood, jambi, rosetta, lateralus.

peace the fuck out.
OFFLINE |  
zombie
12-17-2007, 09:18 AM

I was in the center of the front literally lined up with the A in pearl. It was so fucking crazy I couldn't tell you much, but I did get a drumstick. and a bass pick from the night before. Maynard was looking at the fuckheads behind the cool ass people I met up front during rosetta. Those bastards suck, especially the balding curly headed one and his bandana-wearing protector. I mean who elbows the same guy in the temple 3 times and doesen't even attempt to stop.? I couldn't pay attention the second night thanks to the pandemonium. 1st night was tight though. Danny slams every drum and cymbal he has!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #21
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Location: waiting for your mom to make me some goddamn breakfast

I was in the center of the front literally lined up with the A in pearl. It was so fucking crazy I couldn't tell you much, but I did get a drumstick. and a bass pick from the night before. Maynard was looking at the fuckheads behind the cool ass people I met up front during rosetta. Those bastards suck, especially the balding curly headed one and his bandana-wearing protector. I mean who elbows the same guy in the temple 3 times and doesen't even attempt to stop.? I couldn't pay attention the second night thanks to the pandemonium. 1st night was tight though. Danny slams every drum and cymbal he has!
12-17-2007, 11:46 AM

Did anyone else see them bring out a new setlist during the middle of the concert?
Old 12-17-2007, 11:46 AM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

Did anyone else see them bring out a new setlist during the middle of the concert?
OFFLINE |  
jwb's Avatar jwb
12-17-2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makdaddynuge View Post
Not a new setlist. MJK just pulled his off the monitor and taped it to the keyboard thing to show it to the crowd when people started yelling out songs they wanted them to play.

Kind of answering the calls with, "Nope, this is what we're gonna play."
Old 12-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #23
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Not a new setlist. MJK just pulled his off the monitor and taped it to the keyboard thing to show it to the crowd when people started yelling out songs they wanted them to play.

Kind of answering the calls with, "Nope, this is what we're gonna play."
OFFLINE |  
makdaddynuge
12-17-2007, 04:17 PM

oh ok, i could have sworn i saw adam's tech come and stick a new paper in front of adam.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:17 PM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

oh ok, i could have sworn i saw adam's tech come and stick a new paper in front of adam.
OFFLINE |  
12-17-2007, 07:24 PM

the poster in case you havent seen it:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...t/DSCF2764.jpg

and the companion poster from the night before:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...t/DSCF2773.jpg

signed were 150

not signed were 30. they busted out with 10 from the 13th, i just happened to be standing in the line for signed and caught one.

Last edited by lexiconoclast; 12-17-2007 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: up[date
Old 12-17-2007, 07:24 PM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

the poster in case you havent seen it:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...t/DSCF2764.jpg

and the companion poster from the night before:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...t/DSCF2773.jpg

signed were 150

not signed were 30. they busted out with 10 from the 13th, i just happened to be standing in the line for signed and caught one.

Last edited by lexiconoclast; 12-17-2007 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: up[date
OFFLINE |  
no_name's Avatar no_name
12-19-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
He did. I think this was right after the intermission when the band was off stage. I had a great birds eye view from adam's side and he def. came out and put down a new set list. I wish more people would have gotten behind the "pushit" chant that they had going. It started to get really big.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:02 PM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
He did. I think this was right after the intermission when the band was off stage. I had a great birds eye view from adam's side and he def. came out and put down a new set list. I wish more people would have gotten behind the "pushit" chant that they had going. It started to get really big.
12-21-2007, 08:23 AM

All righty then.... picture this quick synopsis, if you will....

On Monday night I took a red eye flight to San Francisco, slept in my little brother's dorm room at USF got drunk and lifted. Wandered SanFran all day Tuesday taking photographs of vomit and homeless and bears oh, my! Bore witness to TooL at the civic center on Tuesday night. The 12/11 show had to be one of the 3 best performances I have ever seen of the 15 shows that I have attended. TooL was amazing, FLOOD was an unexpected surprise and the crowd went nuts in response. I'm still trying to digest all that has happened over the past week. Thinking back to the SF show, my whole week blurs and races past me... Maynard asked Adam if he would introduce the next guest, Adam just stared and him bemused and shrugged his shoulders while shaking his head.... Holiday in Cambodia, with Jello.....Extended Lateralus with Tim (How many fucking bands are you in?) Alexander and Sebastian from Trans Am.... The story continues to after the show, my brother found some blotter on the floor, I couldn't eat any since I had to fly back to PHX at 9 am on Wed morning and make it to work that afternoon.... in the am I took the muni from campus to the civic center and then I took BART to the airport.... Fucking San Fransicko.....worked half of wed and all of thurs, very distracted from what had happened on Tuesday night....woke up at 5am on friday morning to hit the road that is paved with gold to Las vegas.... Picked up little brother who had flown in from San Francisco after taking his last final on thursday evening and getting an hour of sleep on top of it all, in front of the belaggio. Checked in at Rio since I missed my opportunity to grab a room at the Palms....started drinking a little....walked to the palms buzzing, vegas was just about as cold as san fran...made my way to the FLOOR with good friend Anthony (I like Hookers) G....little brother had section 302, poop.... he ducked security.... hid in the womens bathroom....and bought a wristband for $20 from one of the coolest fucking people in the history of forever....shit my pants when I found my brother on the floor standing right next to me, couldn't believe it, holy fucking shit....Justin Played Jambi wearing a big black afro.... extended stinkfist never gets old... lasers were not as good as in San fran due to the size of the pearl...sound was better than san fran but the differences were slight... got the shit rocked out of me by TooL and got the shit kicked out of me by tools on the floor...why does one find it necessary to mosh and throw yourself around during 10k days and Wings? why? just give me one decent reason.....maynard advised us to stay away from the slot machines and to make sure to not get rufied/roofied (how the fuck do you spell it?) so that we did not find ourselves in a bathtub full of ice missing a vital organ....got me a puscifer business card and Anthony got one of justin's bass picks... I'm typing this before I take a shower and go back to work, which will seem like such a let down after the past week......like I woke up in wonderland......tootles

10/10/99 - Coachella 99'
08/15/01 - San Diego
10/30/01 - Phoenix
07/18/02 - Tucson
07/19/02 - Vegas
08/12/02 - Radio City - NYC
11/19/02 - Phoenix
04/30/06 - Coachella 06'
05/06/06 - Gammage Auditorium - Tempe, AZ
Street Scene 2006
09/01/06 - Vegas
09/09/06 - Phoenix
05/06/07 - Tucson
12/11/07 - San Fran
12/14/07 - Vegas

Last edited by tededfred; 12-21-2007 at 08:30 AM..
Old 12-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

All righty then.... picture this quick synopsis, if you will....

On Monday night I took a red eye flight to San Francisco, slept in my little brother's dorm room at USF got drunk and lifted. Wandered SanFran all day Tuesday taking photographs of vomit and homeless and bears oh, my! Bore witness to TooL at the civic center on Tuesday night. The 12/11 show had to be one of the 3 best performances I have ever seen of the 15 shows that I have attended. TooL was amazing, FLOOD was an unexpected surprise and the crowd went nuts in response. I'm still trying to digest all that has happened over the past week. Thinking back to the SF show, my whole week blurs and races past me... Maynard asked Adam if he would introduce the next guest, Adam just stared and him bemused and shrugged his shoulders while shaking his head.... Holiday in Cambodia, with Jello.....Extended Lateralus with Tim (How many fucking bands are you in?) Alexander and Sebastian from Trans Am.... The story continues to after the show, my brother found some blotter on the floor, I couldn't eat any since I had to fly back to PHX at 9 am on Wed morning and make it to work that afternoon.... in the am I took the muni from campus to the civic center and then I took BART to the airport.... Fucking San Fransicko.....worked half of wed and all of thurs, very distracted from what had happened on Tuesday night....woke up at 5am on friday morning to hit the road that is paved with gold to Las vegas.... Picked up little brother who had flown in from San Francisco after taking his last final on thursday evening and getting an hour of sleep on top of it all, in front of the belaggio. Checked in at Rio since I missed my opportunity to grab a room at the Palms....started drinking a little....walked to the palms buzzing, vegas was just about as cold as san fran...made my way to the FLOOR with good friend Anthony (I like Hookers) G....little brother had section 302, poop.... he ducked security.... hid in the womens bathroom....and bought a wristband for $20 from one of the coolest fucking people in the history of forever....shit my pants when I found my brother on the floor standing right next to me, couldn't believe it, holy fucking shit....Justin Played Jambi wearing a big black afro.... extended stinkfist never gets old... lasers were not as good as in San fran due to the size of the pearl...sound was better than san fran but the differences were slight... got the shit rocked out of me by TooL and got the shit kicked out of me by tools on the floor...why does one find it necessary to mosh and throw yourself around during 10k days and Wings? why? just give me one decent reason.....maynard advised us to stay away from the slot machines and to make sure to not get rufied/roofied (how the fuck do you spell it?) so that we did not find ourselves in a bathtub full of ice missing a vital organ....got me a puscifer business card and Anthony got one of justin's bass picks... I'm typing this before I take a shower and go back to work, which will seem like such a let down after the past week......like I woke up in wonderland......tootles

10/10/99 - Coachella 99'
08/15/01 - San Diego
10/30/01 - Phoenix
07/18/02 - Tucson
07/19/02 - Vegas
08/12/02 - Radio City - NYC
11/19/02 - Phoenix
04/30/06 - Coachella 06'
05/06/06 - Gammage Auditorium - Tempe, AZ
Street Scene 2006
09/01/06 - Vegas
09/09/06 - Phoenix
05/06/07 - Tucson
12/11/07 - San Fran
12/14/07 - Vegas

Last edited by tededfred; 12-21-2007 at 08:30 AM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply