Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
toology514's Avatar toology514
04-22-2006, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_THE_HAT
1 post.... wooooo....

Honestly mate, everyone has their own opinion here, and I highly advise that the next time you feel like expressing an opinion like that, make sure it goes into the lies section.

Otherwise mate, you can fuck off. Just waiting for the time that this thread is deleted.
seriously.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #41
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 59
Re: 10,000 Days Leak Comedy Gold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_THE_HAT
1 post.... wooooo....

Honestly mate, everyone has their own opinion here, and I highly advise that the next time you feel like expressing an opinion like that, make sure it goes into the lies section.

Otherwise mate, you can fuck off. Just waiting for the time that this thread is deleted.
seriously.
OFFLINE |  
chodaboy
04-22-2006, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitbox
Lipan Conjuring is not even close to being a joke.

The Pot is about an Indian chief named Black Kettle who worked hard for peace with the US government, but was killed for his efforts.

Lipan Conjuring is a send off to him. It's placed perfectly in the album, right after the song that's all about the aforementioned peacemaker.

LOL, thats funny. ROFL.

C'mon folks, they have screwed with us before. They always take things futher. Even their jokes.

So is Maynard conjuring Satan in Gaping Lotus Experience cause he tried to fuck his couch?

Even if this turn out to be the real deal. I will stand by what I say. There will be no fancy post to wiggle my way out. Tool would not put this out if it weren't for a joke and a gag.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #42
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:

The Pot is about an Indian chief named Black Kettle who worked hard for peace with the US government, but was killed for his efforts.

Lipan Conjuring is a send off to him. It's placed perfectly in the album, right after the song that's all about the aforementioned peacemaker.

LOL, thats funny. ROFL.

C'mon folks, they have screwed with us before. They always take things futher. Even their jokes.

So is Maynard conjuring Satan in Gaping Lotus Experience cause he tried to fuck his couch?

Even if this turn out to be the real deal. I will stand by what I say. There will be no fancy post to wiggle my way out. Tool would not put this out if it weren't for a joke and a gag.
04-22-2006, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector
id love to know the age and IQ of everyone

because thats such an easy way to determine one's relative value

pft
hahahaha, best post in the thread.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #43
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

Quote:

pft
hahahaha, best post in the thread.
OFFLINE |  
dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag
04-22-2006, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam959
Wait, did I just take a timewarp back to elementary school? What's next, My dad can beat up your dad? Grow the fuck up, people.
or, you know, you could read the post he responded to.

GTFO
Old 04-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #44
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam959
Wait, did I just take a timewarp back to elementary school? What's next, My dad can beat up your dad? Grow the fuck up, people.
or, you know, you could read the post he responded to.

GTFO
04-22-2006, 11:50 AM

must be a prank.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #45
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

must be a prank.
OFFLINE |  
zweitracht's Avatar zweitracht
04-22-2006, 11:53 AM

i agree that there have been a few peculiarities surrounding this album... the extreme secrecy with the press embargos... Adam's prima donna moment in the Guitar World interview ("[Tool] is MY band.")... the general hilarity of many of the songs on the album...

personally, i think that the current leak of 10,000 Days (which is awesome) is exactly what will be released on May 2nd, and nothing more.

but, that doesn't mean they won't surprise us with another release in the coming months... perhaps on 6/6/06? i know it's not exactly directly relevant, but the tickets to many of the mini-tour shows were $66.66...

or it could all be wishful thinking and they won't release more material for a few more years. sigh.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #46
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

i agree that there have been a few peculiarities surrounding this album... the extreme secrecy with the press embargos... Adam's prima donna moment in the Guitar World interview ("[Tool] is MY band.")... the general hilarity of many of the songs on the album...

personally, i think that the current leak of 10,000 Days (which is awesome) is exactly what will be released on May 2nd, and nothing more.

but, that doesn't mean they won't surprise us with another release in the coming months... perhaps on 6/6/06? i know it's not exactly directly relevant, but the tickets to many of the mini-tour shows were $66.66...

or it could all be wishful thinking and they won't release more material for a few more years. sigh.
04-22-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geedorah
Nerf Shamans.
Yeah, and why do Druids get a crappy lvl 35 pet at 55? I mean, the damn thing cons green the first time you summon it. WTF!
Old 04-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #47
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geedorah
Nerf Shamans.
Yeah, and why do Druids get a crappy lvl 35 pet at 55? I mean, the damn thing cons green the first time you summon it. WTF!
04-22-2006, 12:52 PM

Quote:

is that true?
Old 04-22-2006, 12:52 PM   #48
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 70

Quote:

is that true?
OFFLINE |  
tDoXoMl
04-22-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:

pft
haha
Old 04-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #49
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 70

Quote:

pft
haha
OFFLINE |  
Briznitch's Avatar Briznitch
04-22-2006, 01:00 PM

Man I can't help but keep getting the feeling that something is odd here with this album as well. I hope something is weird cuz I don't want this feeling about this album forever. I do love the fucker, be it real or fake or whatever, and if it was fake, then fuck, we got just one more good album to hear.

May I ask though, not sure if it's been brought up as I haven't read it here, but has anybody referred back to Sept 05 newsletter on toolband? Blair talking about the decoy record being recorded, and random other shit about them making a fake as well as real to fuck with the "would be bootleggers"?

Just curious what up on that. Blair fuckin around, or maybe not.??
Old 04-22-2006, 01:00 PM   #50
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 36

Man I can't help but keep getting the feeling that something is odd here with this album as well. I hope something is weird cuz I don't want this feeling about this album forever. I do love the fucker, be it real or fake or whatever, and if it was fake, then fuck, we got just one more good album to hear.

May I ask though, not sure if it's been brought up as I haven't read it here, but has anybody referred back to Sept 05 newsletter on toolband? Blair talking about the decoy record being recorded, and random other shit about them making a fake as well as real to fuck with the "would be bootleggers"?

OFFLINE |  
stardown's Avatar stardown
04-22-2006, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briznitch

I would also love to have this be one of two albums. That's fine by me cause I love this album too. I'd rather it be fake, that way we'll have loads of new material come May 2nd.

As for the newletter, I've heard it mentioned before but I'm not sure what to make of it. It seems the general public opinion is that Blair is usually just full of shit...so I don't really know how to elaborate on that.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:05 PM   #51
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briznitch

I would also love to have this be one of two albums. That's fine by me cause I love this album too. I'd rather it be fake, that way we'll have loads of new material come May 2nd.

As for the newletter, I've heard it mentioned before but I'm not sure what to make of it. It seems the general public opinion is that Blair is usually just full of shit...so I don't really know how to elaborate on that.
04-22-2006, 01:08 PM

hey i think that would be cool as hell, i would take a second album, and if TOOL themselves said that they made this record as a joke for morons who would find something in it... i would still listen to it.

would i have loved a couple of rip your head off and shit down your throat double bass songs of pure insanity... sure. but i love what ive got, i think that jambi and the pot are both brilliant.

i say bring on more tool... but im not holding my breath.

what if it is a 2 disc set and they leaked the first on purpose so people would stop looking, that way they could keep at least half under wraps, hell i think it would be funny and cool as hell for them to pull that off... but i dont think thats whats happening, and that you conspiracy theory fucktards are going to be very dissapointed... and i am very curious to see how much further than may 2nd you people are going to take this... 5 years?
Old 04-22-2006, 01:08 PM   #52
On Probation

hey i think that would be cool as hell, i would take a second album, and if TOOL themselves said that they made this record as a joke for morons who would find something in it... i would still listen to it.

would i have loved a couple of rip your head off and shit down your throat double bass songs of pure insanity... sure. but i love what ive got, i think that jambi and the pot are both brilliant.

i say bring on more tool... but im not holding my breath.

what if it is a 2 disc set and they leaked the first on purpose so people would stop looking, that way they could keep at least half under wraps, hell i think it would be funny and cool as hell for them to pull that off... but i dont think thats whats happening, and that you conspiracy theory fucktards are going to be very dissapointed... and i am very curious to see how much further than may 2nd you people are going to take this... 5 years?
OFFLINE |  
faulty
04-22-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlikeme
wow. so many people are gonna be gutted.

and wtf? couldnt' make a bad album if they tried? one..who TRIES to make a bad album? and obvioulsy if you think this album is bad, then it is quite apparent that it is indeed possible.

I'm pretty sure Metallica must have tried to make St Anger shit... i can't comprehend anything being that bad by accident
Old 04-22-2006, 01:15 PM   #53
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
wow. so many people are gonna be gutted.

and wtf? couldnt' make a bad album if they tried? one..who TRIES to make a bad album? and obvioulsy if you think this album is bad, then it is quite apparent that it is indeed possible.

I'm pretty sure Metallica must have tried to make St Anger shit... i can't comprehend anything being that bad by accident
04-22-2006, 01:16 PM

I just wanna hold in my hands, whatever is coming out. I've read/heard enough bullshit in the past month, it's fucking ridiculous. Week and a half.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:16 PM   #54
Level 8 - Vociferous

I just wanna hold in my hands, whatever is coming out. I've read/heard enough bullshit in the past month, it's fucking ridiculous. Week and a half.
OFFLINE |  
PoonTaco
04-22-2006, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodaboy
Man, I really can't believe that this is happening. This will go down in rock history. This will solidify Tool as one of the greatest rock bands of all time. They are going to pull this off. They got their fanatics thinking that this is the best ever. They have the radio playing this tripe. And they have created a huge conspiracy. God Damn, I shit the bed! It is so good.

This leak is a joke. Plain and simple. I can't take this album seriously any more. Rosetta Stoned has got to be one of the funniest songs ever. It beats out Maynard's Dick by far. The rest of the album is filled with junk lyrics, with the exception of Wings.

I have been having so much fun playing "Where's Waldo" with these songs. There are so many rehashed riffs, it's unbelievable. There are some decent moments, but for the most part it is droning and boring. It just plain sux. I hope this never makes it to the stores.

This is all pretty obvious. Where are Danny’s drums? Where are his signature fills? and crash? Sounds like they are all having a lot of fun just playing all there old songs, with a bit of a new...... Then laying cutting room floor/deleted scenes lyrics over them.

Equally hillarious is the intro to The Pot. Yah right. What kinda ***gy shit is that.

Or what about Jambi. Freaking Pee Wee's Playhouse Genie. "Did somebody say Wish!? Meka Lecka Hi Mecka Hiny HO!

Lipan Conjuring. LOL. They are laughing in our faces. Heyyyya HOOOOO!!!

Intention, THe backwards message..... "Work hard stay in school, listen to your mother, your father was right" haha

Oh ya, Timmah!!!!!!!

I posted this on another forum. Thought I would get your thoughts. Anyone else find the jokes?
Oh man, I can't WAIT until the album comes out, and proves you wrong.
You will be at the top of the list of idiots.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:20 PM   #55
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Man, I really can't believe that this is happening. This will go down in rock history. This will solidify Tool as one of the greatest rock bands of all time. They are going to pull this off. They got their fanatics thinking that this is the best ever. They have the radio playing this tripe. And they have created a huge conspiracy. God Damn, I shit the bed! It is so good.

This leak is a joke. Plain and simple. I can't take this album seriously any more. Rosetta Stoned has got to be one of the funniest songs ever. It beats out Maynard's Dick by far. The rest of the album is filled with junk lyrics, with the exception of Wings.

I have been having so much fun playing "Where's Waldo" with these songs. There are so many rehashed riffs, it's unbelievable. There are some decent moments, but for the most part it is droning and boring. It just plain sux. I hope this never makes it to the stores.

This is all pretty obvious. Where are Danny’s drums? Where are his signature fills? and crash? Sounds like they are all having a lot of fun just playing all there old songs, with a bit of a new...... Then laying cutting room floor/deleted scenes lyrics over them.

Equally hillarious is the intro to The Pot. Yah right. What kinda ***gy shit is that.

Or what about Jambi. Freaking Pee Wee's Playhouse Genie. "Did somebody say Wish!? Meka Lecka Hi Mecka Hiny HO!

Intention, THe backwards message..... "Work hard stay in school, listen to your mother, your father was right" haha

Oh ya, Timmah!!!!!!!

I posted this on another forum. Thought I would get your thoughts. Anyone else find the jokes?
OFFLINE |  
faulty
04-22-2006, 01:22 PM

It would be funny as fuck if this was really a prank and on May 2nd nothing came out and they made us wait another few years
Old 04-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #56
Level 3 - Talker

It would be funny as fuck if this was really a prank and on May 2nd nothing came out and they made us wait another few years
04-22-2006, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoonTaco

quoted for truth, and because i love poon tacos!
Old 04-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #57
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoonTaco

quoted for truth, and because i love poon tacos!
OFFLINE |  
dim my eyes
04-22-2006, 01:23 PM

OH MY GOD YOUR RIGHT!

AENIMA IS FAKE TOO!! HOOKER WITH A PENIS?!?!?! COME ON THESE GUYS ARE TOTALLY FUCKING WITH US!!

TOOL ISN'T EVEN REALLY A BAND!!! IT'S ALL A JOKE!!

WHY DIDN'T I FUCKING THIS OF THIS!!! LET ME GO KILL MYSELF!!!
Old 04-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #58
Level 1 - Lurker

OH MY GOD YOUR RIGHT!

AENIMA IS FAKE TOO!! HOOKER WITH A PENIS?!?!?! COME ON THESE GUYS ARE TOTALLY FUCKING WITH US!!

TOOL ISN'T EVEN REALLY A BAND!!! IT'S ALL A JOKE!!

WHY DIDN'T I FUCKING THIS OF THIS!!! LET ME GO KILL MYSELF!!!
OFFLINE |  
monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 01:24 PM

when i met maynard i should have told him that he wasnt real... i really dont think he even knew.... poor guy, he actually thinks he exists. :(
Old 04-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #59
On Probation

when i met maynard i should have told him that he wasnt real... i really dont think he even knew.... poor guy, he actually thinks he exists. :(
OFFLINE |  
04-22-2006, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeythumbs
I have the same problem.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:26 PM   #60
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I have the same problem.
OFFLINE |  
monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 01:26 PM

die ar von satan... now that was a good track... what happened to the old days?

god wings for marie part 2?

maynard is obviously being silly...

cmon man talk about the things that i want you to you fucking self centered A-hole!!!
Old 04-22-2006, 01:26 PM   #61
On Probation

die ar von satan... now that was a good track... what happened to the old days?

god wings for marie part 2?

maynard is obviously being silly...

cmon man talk about the things that i want you to you fucking self centered A-hole!!!
OFFLINE |  
MentalMidget's Avatar MentalMidget
04-22-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:

Oh ya, Timmah!!!!!!!

I think its probably real.. so.. die.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #62
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Oh ya, Timmah!!!!!!!

OFFLINE |  
monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalMidget

elequently put and 100% correct!
Old 04-22-2006, 02:09 PM   #63
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalMidget

elequently put and 100% correct!
OFFLINE |  
04-22-2006, 02:11 PM

Yeah on the defense of it being real, wouldn't you think whoever took the photos of the packaging would have told someone if it did or didn't come with a dvd or extra cd, or if the cd was different than the leak? Mmmm yep.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #64
Level 8 - Vociferous

Yeah on the defense of it being real, wouldn't you think whoever took the photos of the packaging would have told someone if it did or didn't come with a dvd or extra cd, or if the cd was different than the leak? Mmmm yep.
OFFLINE |  
Boom Boom's Avatar Boom Boom
04-22-2006, 02:20 PM

This situation is so funny. Either way there will be some surprised faces when the album comes out. If I could be everywhere with a camera to make those moments eternal. Maybe people should do it themselves and post those pictures on this forum...
Old 04-22-2006, 02:20 PM   #65
Level 4 - Thinker

This situation is so funny. Either way there will be some surprised faces when the album comes out. If I could be everywhere with a camera to make those moments eternal. Maybe people should do it themselves and post those pictures on this forum...
OFFLINE |  
monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 02:35 PM

i hope... no PRAY that i see someone actually break out in tears.

and then im gonna tell them that i have a reliable source that says the "other" one is coming out in july.

because i want there suffering and stupidity to continue. :)
Old 04-22-2006, 02:35 PM   #66
On Probation

and then im gonna tell them that i have a reliable source that says the "other" one is coming out in july.

OFFLINE |  
monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 02:38 PM

oh, im bringin my camera...

maybe we'll see people breaking it at the first sight of the tracklist... or maybe we'll have to follow them to there car because they are sure that the tracklist is still a fake.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:38 PM   #67
On Probation

oh, im bringin my camera...

maybe we'll see people breaking it at the first sight of the tracklist... or maybe we'll have to follow them to there car because they are sure that the tracklist is still a fake.
OFFLINE |  
justlikeme
04-22-2006, 02:40 PM

yeah, I 'm gonna lurk behind the shelves and watch while people pick up the album, watch them look at the tracklisting and then cry.
then I'm gonna jump out, point, maybe laugh and scream at them.
just cos i can.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:40 PM   #68

yeah, I 'm gonna lurk behind the shelves and watch while people pick up the album, watch them look at the tracklisting and then cry.
just cos i can.
OFFLINE |  
ericwas
04-22-2006, 02:54 PM

Quote:
just cos i can.

i loled
Old 04-22-2006, 02:54 PM   #69
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
just cos i can.

i loled
OFFLINE |  
justlikeme
04-22-2006, 02:56 PM

a wise first post too =)
Old 04-22-2006, 02:56 PM   #70

a wise first post too =)
OFFLINE |  
monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 02:56 PM

i loled the bed. LOL... there i go again.

and yes... BEST FIRST POST EVER!!!
Old 04-22-2006, 02:56 PM   #71
On Probation

i loled the bed. LOL... there i go again.

and yes... BEST FIRST POST EVER!!!
OFFLINE |  
justlikeme
04-22-2006, 02:57 PM

loled the bed eh.wow.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:57 PM   #72

loled the bed eh.wow.
OFFLINE |  
bigtard
04-22-2006, 02:58 PM

Quote:

Obviously.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:58 PM   #73
On Probation

Quote:

Obviously.
OFFLINE |  
Metalhos
04-22-2006, 03:38 PM

Quote:

(..bla..)
gimme a favour: could you please make a pic of your face while listening first time to the album you will buy next week and post it here?

pleaaaase!!!!!!! :D
Old 04-22-2006, 03:38 PM   #74
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

(..bla..)
gimme a favour: could you please make a pic of your face while listening first time to the album you will buy next week and post it here?

pleaaaase!!!!!!! :D
OFFLINE |  
bigtard
04-22-2006, 03:40 PM

Poll: What percent chance that 10,000 Days is a hoax or a decoy? http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?p=953210
Old 04-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #75
On Probation

Poll: What percent chance that 10,000 Days is a hoax or a decoy? http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?p=953210
OFFLINE |  
Metalhos
04-22-2006, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtard
i've tried to vote for 0.oooo percent. but i couldn't do.. bad ass voting.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:50 PM   #76
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtard
i've tried to vote for 0.oooo percent. but i couldn't do.. bad ass voting.
OFFLINE |  
Sigurd
04-22-2006, 03:53 PM

I just think come May 2nd every single person is gonna run for the album and flip it over to see the tracklists, like no one will just grab the album and buy it, it will be a mad dash to see the back and figure out what the fuck the truth is.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:53 PM   #77
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I just think come May 2nd every single person is gonna run for the album and flip it over to see the tracklists, like no one will just grab the album and buy it, it will be a mad dash to see the back and figure out what the fuck the truth is.
OFFLINE |  
Metalhos
04-22-2006, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd

you don't have to wait on this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/thyrane_da/Tool-10000Daysback.jpg
Old 04-22-2006, 03:59 PM   #78
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd

you don't have to wait on this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/thyrane_da/Tool-10000Daysback.jpg
OFFLINE |  
Sigurd
04-22-2006, 04:00 PM

hawt
Old 04-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #79
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

hawt
OFFLINE |  
PoonTaco
04-23-2006, 02:47 AM

Quote:

Ha ha ha.
We should be friends.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:47 AM   #80

Quote:

Ha ha ha.
We should be friends.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply