opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2006, 07:34 AM   #841
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

If Maynard can pull off the some of the lyrical phrasing for Rosetta Live - Giv' er (it'd be tough)

Old stuff:
Part of me, Opiate
Sober, Disgustipated, Intolerance
Third Eye, Hooker w/ a Penis, Stinkfist, Aenima

Sobot - they WILL do 46 & 2 (guaranteed, if they don't I'll eat my seat)

Grudge, Schism, Ticks & Leeches
Also a nice cover would be awesome

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 07:56 AM   #842
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

What do you think the possibilites of them doing a cover are? Who do you think they would cover and what songs would they play?
Old 04-23-2006, 08:25 AM   #843
Level 7 - Loquacious

Man, the possibilities?
- (I haven't seen it) but they have covered Led Zeppelin's 'No Quarter' Live
Has anybody ever heard of them doin' anything else?

Haven't seen any official confirmation (so until then it's speculation) of this but there was talk (on another site's boards) of the format for these shows being 'An Evening with' - which would be cool.
Having seen Dream Theatre Etc. in that environment means things are less formal (plus in this venue size) even adds to it more 3,100 (ish) bodies, more of an opportunity for the band to stretch out and throw in a cover or two (?)

Came across this (today-Sun) also in another site's TOOL thread (if it's to believed?)
- I got two tickets for detroit at 10:05 this morning from the grocery store. The lady working the register was PISSED because she wanted tickets and was afraid after she sold me mine she wouldnt get any

For anybody w/o tix, don't forget:

Ticketmaster releases tickets in waves. They don't offer the whole batch on the official sale date (who knows what type of random scheme they use)

Can't hurt to check every once and a while, right up 'til the afternoon of the 16th

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK

Last edited by Capt. Sith Park; 04-23-2006 at 08:29 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 08:28 AM   #844
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Sith Park
Has anybody ever heard of them doin' anything else
I know they have covered Stranglehold by Ted Nugent in the past. Spasm by Peach aswell.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 08:31 AM   #845
Level 7 - Loquacious

that's wacky

A pevious band I was in use to do 'Cat Scratch Fever'

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 08:34 AM   #846
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobot
I love those squeals. If I hear one, I'll know it was you.
Haha awesome. I'm hoping I don't turn into one of those sobbing Beatles fans though. I always see them on T.V. and think "what the hell is wrong with you?!?!" But lately I can see myself like that at the concert. I'm just so excited and Tool will be so close it's a possibility! AHHHHH THE ANTICIPATION!!!

So squealing at 10,000 Days = me
Chewed up chair if they don't play 46&2 = Capt
Any other ways to ID people?
hahaha.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 08:37 AM   #847
Level 7 - Loquacious

Upon further listening - I'm emploring the guys to rehearse 'Lost Key/Rosetta Stoned' and have it ready for our show, I'd be impressed as shit (Get 'er done)

Fully n' completely w/ u on that one Sobot!

Last edited by Capt. Sith Park; 04-23-2006 at 08:43 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 08:39 AM   #848
Level 7 - Loquacious

We'd look like a bunch of Geeks but we should all bring signs LOL!?!?

Think O' the Spirit and Community factors people!

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 08:43 AM   #849
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

This is my 1st post in these forums, though I've been using the website for years.

I bought tickets the instant they went onsale, on ticketmaster's website, and managed to score two orchestra seats, 15-16 in row YY. Not bad...

It will be my 5th time seeing Tool, and I'm so excited. I saw them once in 1998, and 3 times in 2001. Rare songs I've seen them play: Ticks and Leeches, Opiate (3 times). Songs I have never seen live and hope to hear: Third Eye!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 08:48 AM   #850
Level 7 - Loquacious

evil agent - did you score tix for Toronto or Seattle

Some in the Seattle thread were warning Canadians that TM's process wouldn't allow tix to be sold cross border?? Limited to 3 or 4 states around Seattle?

A guy from Vancouver bought anyway and it worked (for now)?

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 08:57 AM   #851
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Can't wait until Coachella, so then we'll know what we can expect!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:00 AM   #852
Level 7 - Loquacious

I'd rather be surprized myself :) If I find out the set order there won't be the same BEST EVER THEY'RE PLAYING ___ YAY! factor.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:08 AM   #853
Level 7 - Loquacious

I agree mystic, i've spoiled myself in the past (he says while chillin' to 10,000 days) on different things, kills the 'in the moment' of ....
I'll have to think seriously whether I want to know what their playin'

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:13 AM   #854
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

When this tour starts, ie: May 2nd, I will not visit these boards, at all.

I saw them in 2002 in Ottawa, and I had been on here and read around and I knew what was coming most of the time. While nothing compares to them actually starting into a song, I knew when Stinkfist was coming, when schism was coming, etc. etc.

I haven't and wont listen to the leaked album and I don't want to know what they're playing on the tour until I see them

From May2nd til May 16th I'll be listening to 10,000 Days and staying away from any reviews/reports/posts about the shows.

Last edited by Spoon; 04-23-2006 at 09:18 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:14 AM   #855
Level 4 - Thinker

I find that even if they play just one unexpected song, it makes the show so much better. I remember seeing I Mother Earth a few years ago, and they busted out a cover of 46&2. Needless to say, I went estatic.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:16 AM   #856
Level 7 - Loquacious

Coachella is Apr.30 spoon so watch it Eh!

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:18 AM   #857
Level 7 - Loquacious

Spoon, I think you have the right idea. This is my first Tool concert so I want to be as surprized as much as I possibly can. It's fun to speculate but actually knowing the order takes away a wee bit of the impact.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:21 AM   #858
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

Eek! Thanks Sith ;)

edit - I do have some hopes though...

1) Maynard doesn't use vocal effects like he did when playing ticks and leeches. I want his voice raw and pure (of course with some delay+reverb) Mind you, I haven't heard 10,000 days yet...

2) Maynard doesn't cop out screams, I hope he is at the top of his game and holds all his notes, sings aggressively, not in a nasally tone he started towards the end of 2002

3) Danny rocks my socks off

I'm pretty sure #3 is a given

Last edited by Spoon; 04-23-2006 at 09:23 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:23 AM   #859
Level 7 - Loquacious

Is it safe to assume that most people in this thread are male?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:40 AM   #860

Bincount™: 1

no :P
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:41 AM   #861

Bincount™: 1

i wanna hear sober, schism, 46 & 2, stinkfist!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:44 AM   #862
Level 7 - Loquacious

mystic, I think you'd b surprised at how many TOOL fans r female (on these boards) and in general

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:52 AM   #863

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystictigress
Is it safe to assume that most people in this thread are male?
<--------- female.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:57 AM   #864
Level 7 - Loquacious

Good :D Cause there's the female I get along (rare) with and the female I don't get along with (not so rare) and I seem to have fairly good impressions of everyone here, so I was wondering if they were male or the females I get along with.
I know that was fairly random.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 10:04 AM   #865

I actually got a PM from a female member saying that my user name was offensive to her and could I please change it. I shocked the shit outta her when I explained that I was also female. LOL
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #866
Level 2 - Poster

I have an extra Detroit ticket - looking for a trade for a Toronto ticket. I am not looking to sell. Interested, drop me a line:

Galen: [email protected]
Old 04-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #867

we could write TDN on our hands in marker or make signs
Old 04-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #868
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by *see*you*auntie*
I actually got a PM from a female member saying that my user name was offensive to her and could I please change it. I shocked the shit outta her when I explained that I was also female. LOL
I wonder, how this person could be a Tool fan and manage to be offended by such a thing.

Edit : I suppose anyone can be offended by anything - I suppose it's also possible that she is some sort of Lateralus only fan and harbours some sort of pretentious conceit.

Last edited by Claytanic; 04-23-2006 at 01:00 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 01:56 PM   #869
Level 4 - Thinker

Hi all, I'm new to this site. I was lucky to buy 2 detroit tickets, main floor, section f5, row bb, but since i live in buffalo, was wondering if anyone had 2 toronto tickets of similar quialtiy to trade. Take care
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #870
Level 7 - Loquacious

I'm game for the apperance sharing thing, but I think I will follow Spoon's agenda and stay away from the board after the first concert just so I don't find out the set list!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 06:12 PM   #871
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I'm game for the apperance sharing thing, but I think I will follow Spoon's agenda and stay away from the board after the first concert just so I don't find out the set list!
Would you isolate your sabbatical to only the tour section of the board? Might you consider sharing your impressions of the new album, after 2 May, in a thread dedicated to intelligent discussion; of course, this can work - providing that it's not invaded by a group of inanity-spouting trolls.

That being said, I feel that I may just spend most of my time alone on a date with my headphones, giving my brain a Tool bath.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:46 PM   #872
Level 4 - Thinker

I wonder how many would be interested in forging some sort of union of music fans that could act a lobby/pressure group to help protect their members interests; not of the paid membership sort, however; that would start to reek of professional unions that are corrupt. I'm considering more of an educational web presence to aid music fans in their quest for knowledge as a defense from exploitation.

You must understand, I don't believe what scalpers do is intrinsically wrong; I simply believe that consumers as individuals deserve the opportunity to be more educated about their options and the influence of their money as a force in the market. It's always a choice to not spend and if enough individuals take exception to a certain business practice they should be intelligent and aware enough that they don't give in to cynicism or apathy but rather, take action.

At this moment, it's easy for me to conceptualize a variety of tactics. Here, I will enumerate them for you:

1. Group members distribute flyers at high-profile concerts that seek to educate consumers regarding the degree of their individual and aggregate influence.

2. Group members, in force, attend concerts and before the show, setup kiosks, easels and other such forms of display in locations where the highest number of related people will see them. They can present miscellaneous facts about ticket sale practices, laws prohibiting exploitation, etc.

3. Group members can bring in megaphones to shout out scalpers. Essentially, to make the scalpers life a living hell. Sure, they're just trying to make a living; a living, which parts people from their money to a degree which we find unnecessary. How does one influence large corporations that operate retail outlets or fast-food franchise? Well, you write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper, customer relations, or otherwise. What do you do when you encounter a business, i.e. scalpers, that don't operate a store front? You take it to the streets.

There are other options, which I'm sure can develop over time; providing, of course, others take an interest in.. their own interests :P

I'll end by saying that it's easy to give in to apathy or cynicism; feelings of isolation as an individual consumer are not unfounded, however, they need to made as such. It's time for everyone who's willing to spend their time on internet message boards, typing ineffectual diatribes and taking part in opinionated bull-sessions to stand up and make a decisive arguement.

Let those in a position of influence know that we are in a position to influence them.
Let those on the winning end of the forces of Capitalism be us.

Edit - I realize this post may better serve those to whom it's intended if I cross-post it to the main board.

Last edited by Claytanic; 04-23-2006 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: Incomplete
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #873
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Sith Park
Need info from: Maken, shade, sleaz1, cadmonka, In-Oblivian, Noopie, toller, Staticfactory, adavadas, hayes0023, fitz
My seats are Balcony row V V seats 27-28. Way at the back, just glad I'm in the building.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 07:37 PM   #874
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytanic
Would you isolate your sabbatical to only the tour section of the board? Might you consider sharing your impressions of the new album, after 2 May, in a thread dedicated to intelligent discussion; of course, this can work - providing that it's not invaded by a group of inanity-spouting trolls.

That being said, I feel that I may just spend most of my time alone on a date with my headphones, giving my brain a Tool bath.
If I did venture over here it would only be to the tour part of the board as that seems to be the only part that I like! 10,000 Days is too insane and socialize I like reading but don't really participate. A thread dedicated to intelligent discussion would be quite welcome, but I think inanity-spouting trolls would manage to find their way in. If we could figure if there was no legit reason for the Toronto thread to be deleted, another one away from the tour section would be fun to participate in. Anywhere that doesn't have the set list would be pleasant actually, but there is always a risk of me finding it in an unexpected place.

Mmmmm... Tool bath....
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 07:39 PM   #875
jdp

22 days 20 hours 20 minutes

I cant wait...
Old 04-23-2006, 07:45 PM   #876
Level 7 - Loquacious

And in response to your thoughts Claytanic, in theory it sounds like a great plan, but it is just difficult to find the time! I know I'm in my 20s, which is supposed to be the peak of protests and public involvement for my beliefs and what have you, but when I do find time to myself, I'd rather spend it lazily doing something/doing nothing. Apathy is the pretty path of simplicity, whereas something like this is a path of twists and turns that can be rewarding, but goes around in circles. I do think that letters to papers and such would be helpful though. They say scalping is illegal, but then why is it so bloody rampant? I bet if it was between a a homeless person stealing bread and scalpers in the road, the cop would go and reprimand the homeless person for trying to feed himself and leave the scalper to rip of more victims.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #877
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
And in response to your thoughts Claytanic, in theory it sounds like a great plan, but it is just difficult to find the time! I know I'm in my 20s, which is supposed to be the peak of protests and public involvement for my beliefs and what have you, but when I do find time to myself, I'd rather spend it lazily doing something/doing nothing. Apathy is the pretty path of simplicity, whereas something like this is a path of twists and turns that can be rewarding, but goes around in circles. I do think that letters to papers and such would be helpful though. They say scalping is illegal, but then why is it so bloody rampant? I bet if it was between a a homeless person stealing bread and scalpers in the road, the cop would go and reprimand the homeless person for trying to feed himself and leave the scalper to rip of more victims.
I understand the sentiment of lethargy; for so many, including myself, it can be a problem. I am a realist and I understand that most often, people would rather toss a few dollars to a cause rather than getting up and beating the pavement.

I don't expect people to jump in to this head-first, as zealots, but it would be possible to achieve great gains if people were willing to assert their prominence rather than wasting time ranting and complaining only to do nothing.

Oh well: Inertia Creeps. People, as with all things, most often follow the path of least resistance.

P-sout
Old 04-23-2006, 09:04 PM   #878
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytanic
I wonder how many would be interested in forging some sort of union of music fans that could act a lobby/pressure group to help protect their members interests; not of the paid membership sort, however; that would start to reek of professional unions that are corrupt. I'm considering more of an educational web presence to aid music fans in their quest for knowledge as a defense from exploitation.

You must understand, I don't believe what scalpers do is intrinsically wrong; I simply believe that consumers as individuals deserve the opportunity to be more educated about their options and the influence of their money as a force in the market. It's always a choice to not spend and if enough individuals take exception to a certain business practice they should be intelligent and aware enough that they don't give in to cynicism or apathy but rather, take action.

At this moment, it's easy for me to conceptualize a variety of tactics. Here, I will enumerate them for you:

1. Group members distribute flyers at high-profile concerts that seek to educate consumers regarding the degree of their individual and aggregate influence.

2. Group members, in force, attend concerts and before the show, setup kiosks, easels and other such forms of display in locations where the highest number of related people will see them. They can present miscellaneous facts about ticket sale practices, laws prohibiting exploitation, etc.

3. Group members can bring in megaphones to shout out scalpers. Essentially, to make the scalpers life a living hell. Sure, they're just trying to make a living; a living, which parts people from their money to a degree which we find unnecessary. How does one influence large corporations that operate retail outlets or fast-food franchise? Well, you write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper, customer relations, or otherwise. What do you do when you encounter a business, i.e. scalpers, that don't operate a store front? You take it to the streets.

There are other options, which I'm sure can develop over time; providing, of course, others take an interest in.. their own interests :P

I'll end by saying that it's easy to give in to apathy or cynicism; feelings of isolation as an individual consumer are not unfounded, however, they need to made as such. It's time for everyone who's willing to spend their time on internet message boards, typing ineffectual diatribes and taking part in opinionated bull-sessions to stand up and make a decisive arguement.

Let those in a position of influence know that we are in a position to influence them.
Let those on the winning end of the forces of Capitalism be us.

Edit - I realize this post may better serve those to whom it's intended if I cross-post it to the main board.
I would rather people protest the media, or war, or big tobacco.

I like your ideas, and I found myself supportive of them. But I realize that there are bigger fish to fry.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:11 PM   #879
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

So on Friday at the Jays game at the Rogers Centre, I met a scalper and tonight in exchange for a pair of tickets, we had sex. He told me he had tickets and to call his cell, and I did.

It was horrible, he was 300lbs and as oily as a Samoan, his apartment was dirty and smelled of lilac. It really hurts to walk right now, but I got tickets...balcony tickets. '

going to see Tool, yay.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:17 PM   #880
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbil
I would rather people protest the media, or war, or big tobacco.

I like your ideas, and I found myself supportive of them. But I realize that there are bigger fish to fry.
Are you currently frying bigger fish?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: