Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit (Extended Intro)
Wings For Marie Part I
10,000 Days Wings Part II
Lateralus (Extended/Drum Solo)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-31-2007 at 08:11 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/05/31 - Orlando, FL - Amway Arena

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism (Extended/Sped Up)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit (Extended Intro)
Wings For Marie Part I
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

OFFLINE |  
xxgoddessxx
05-31-2007, 08:07 PM

my first time at a tool show.....and effing amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! we got pushit!!!! the ony thing that sucked was i kinda missed the first two songs because i was too busy getting sandwiched by idiots rushing the stage. at first i was pretty much right up front, but later moved more back, which was actually better. couldnt see as well but the vocals were way better and i wasnt getting my ass kicked my moshers. in the very front all i could hear was the people standing next to me singing. once i moved, i could hear maynard much better. ah did i mention pushit???? that was worth every penny!!!! worst part??? when it was over

oh yeah and i wish they would have REALLY played prison sex instead of just the beginning of it =)

Old 05-31-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/31 - Orlando, FL - Amway Arena

my first time at a tool show.....and effing amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! we got pushit!!!! the ony thing that sucked was i kinda missed the first two songs because i was too busy getting sandwiched by idiots rushing the stage. at first i was pretty much right up front, but later moved more back, which was actually better. couldnt see as well but the vocals were way better and i wasnt getting my ass kicked my moshers. in the very front all i could hear was the people standing next to me singing. once i moved, i could hear maynard much better. ah did i mention pushit???? that was worth every penny!!!! worst part??? when it was over

oh yeah and i wish they would have REALLY played prison sex instead of just the beginning of it =)

OFFLINE |  
WiredIllusion
05-31-2007, 08:09 PM

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit (Extended Intro)
Wings For Marie Part I
Vicarious

Think I got it right. Holy shit though, first Tool show (finally made one without problems) and it was amazing. Wings/10K Days & Lateralus for the win. I'll post up a review tomorrow, need to decompress at the moment though. Brilliant show, I don't know how anyone could complain about setlists and such. Hell, I would have been happy if they ended with Lateralus. :)

Edit: Yeah the Prison Sex diddy got me too, damn!

One more quick thought. Now I have never seen Tool before (nor any videos from this tour yet), but I have seen APC numerous times (I always see APC but miss Tool). Maynard seems a bit more active than I've seen him in the past. Got into a few of the songs quite a bit (his odd cowboy and robot dancing). Granted, the only words he said the entire show were spoken right before Wings, he said something along the lines of "During this song, no flash photography please. Please, no flash photography." The music spoke louder than words would anyways.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-01-2007 at 09:02 AM..
Old 05-31-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit (Extended Intro)
Wings For Marie Part I
Vicarious

Think I got it right. Holy shit though, first Tool show (finally made one without problems) and it was amazing. Wings/10K Days & Lateralus for the win. I'll post up a review tomorrow, need to decompress at the moment though. Brilliant show, I don't know how anyone could complain about setlists and such. Hell, I would have been happy if they ended with Lateralus. :)

Edit: Yeah the Prison Sex diddy got me too, damn!

One more quick thought. Now I have never seen Tool before (nor any videos from this tour yet), but I have seen APC numerous times (I always see APC but miss Tool). Maynard seems a bit more active than I've seen him in the past. Got into a few of the songs quite a bit (his odd cowboy and robot dancing). Granted, the only words he said the entire show were spoken right before Wings, he said something along the lines of "During this song, no flash photography please. Please, no flash photography." The music spoke louder than words would anyways.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-01-2007 at 09:02 AM..
OFFLINE |  
THIC DARK BASS
05-31-2007, 08:14 PM

AWSOME SHOW TONIGHT!GREAT SOUND,GREAT LIGHTS,GREAT BAND,GREAT CROWD.IN A NUT SHELL,THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS I'VE ATTENDED.I WAS ALITTLE DISTRAUGHT WITH THE PRISON SEX THING AS WELL,BUT HEY,I WOULDN'T' HAVE WANTED IT ANY OTHER WAY.THANK YOU TOOL FOR AN AMAZING PERFORMANCE!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

AWSOME SHOW TONIGHT!GREAT SOUND,GREAT LIGHTS,GREAT BAND,GREAT CROWD.IN A NUT SHELL,THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS I'VE ATTENDED.I WAS ALITTLE DISTRAUGHT WITH THE PRISON SEX THING AS WELL,BUT HEY,I WOULDN'T' HAVE WANTED IT ANY OTHER WAY.THANK YOU TOOL FOR AN AMAZING PERFORMANCE!
OFFLINE |  
TheI3rokenSpiral
05-31-2007, 08:15 PM

Holy shit, fucking amazing. The setlists posted are what I heard. There might have been one somewhere I can't place. Holy shit, what a performance!!!! Best show I've ever seen!!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:15 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Holy shit, fucking amazing. The setlists posted are what I heard. There might have been one somewhere I can't place. Holy shit, what a performance!!!! Best show I've ever seen!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Florida_Mike
05-31-2007, 08:23 PM

Pushit was the highlight of the set for me. Wings was amazing, but I've waited so long to hear Pushit live.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:23 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Pushit was the highlight of the set for me. Wings was amazing, but I've waited so long to hear Pushit live.
OFFLINE |  
obrutbaas
05-31-2007, 08:24 PM

excellent, much better than pensacola, the acoustics there suck. thanks to the hot babe with the body paint top of 10000 days, awesome! and death to the jackass who threw a cup of something on stage when tool started. hope he was crushed by the mob on the floor.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:24 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

excellent, much better than pensacola, the acoustics there suck. thanks to the hot babe with the body paint top of 10000 days, awesome! and death to the jackass who threw a cup of something on stage when tool started. hope he was crushed by the mob on the floor.
OFFLINE |  
xxgoddessxx
05-31-2007, 08:30 PM

wings/ 10k days were my least favorite songs of tools (not that they are bad songs, just dont like them as much as the others) but tonight , they fucking made me love those songs. the whole thing was amazing.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:30 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

wings/ 10k days were my least favorite songs of tools (not that they are bad songs, just dont like them as much as the others) but tonight , they fucking made me love those songs. the whole thing was amazing.
OFFLINE |  
KW2M's Avatar KW2M
05-31-2007, 08:33 PM

Great show. No "the Pot" disappointed. I liked the way 46 & 2 and then the pot went in Tampa. Oh well. Still great show. Yeah the Prison Sex thing about blew my mind. Had a great view of Justin again. Heard a couple of off timing mistakes but nothing big. WI thats about all you are going to get out of MJK as far as movement goes. Had some mosh pits going on the floor. Saw a couple camera's get taken away, but they were easier on phone camera's so I snapped a few. Bad deal here was they cut off the beer after 46 &2. And pissed off many. They seem to really lose the crowd during Wings and 10,000 days. 2nd night I've noticed that. But great show. The boys looked pumped and the floor was into it. I am now thinking about Jax show. My wife even enjoyed it some what. They are still having a little trouble w/ Rosetta you can see Adam staring at Justin during certain parts, but hey thats a tough song. Again. Great shows guys. Keep up the good work and hope to see ya in Jax.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:33 PM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

Great show. No "the Pot" disappointed. I liked the way 46 & 2 and then the pot went in Tampa. Oh well. Still great show. Yeah the Prison Sex thing about blew my mind. Had a great view of Justin again. Heard a couple of off timing mistakes but nothing big. WI thats about all you are going to get out of MJK as far as movement goes. Had some mosh pits going on the floor. Saw a couple camera's get taken away, but they were easier on phone camera's so I snapped a few. Bad deal here was they cut off the beer after 46 &2. And pissed off many. They seem to really lose the crowd during Wings and 10,000 days. 2nd night I've noticed that. But great show. The boys looked pumped and the floor was into it. I am now thinking about Jax show. My wife even enjoyed it some what. They are still having a little trouble w/ Rosetta you can see Adam staring at Justin during certain parts, but hey thats a tough song. Again. Great shows guys. Keep up the good work and hope to see ya in Jax.
OFFLINE |  
KW2M's Avatar KW2M
05-31-2007, 08:35 PM

excellent, much better than pensacola, the acoustics there suck. thanks to the hot babe with the body paint top of 10000 days, awesome!

Yes saw her on the way out. Very hot.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:35 PM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

excellent, much better than pensacola, the acoustics there suck. thanks to the hot babe with the body paint top of 10000 days, awesome!

Yes saw her on the way out. Very hot.
OFFLINE |  
fearxile
05-31-2007, 09:12 PM

Just got home. Traffic was crazy going back to Tampa cause of construction.

This was my 9th show.

Wow this show was 2x better than the Tampa show. The crowd was into it more and you could tell the band fed off the energy better than the Tampa crowd. I think everyone played tight and solid tonight. I only noticed one fuckup and it was from Justin during Wings. Maynard didn't sound so monotone at the beginning of Schism tonight. Sad about no Pot, but Pushit was amazing. It was probably the best performance of a song that I have heard from Tool. The part in rosetta stoned "overwhelmed as one would be...." was really good.

Yeh a few secs into Jambi someone threw a cup of something on stage? Why? Does it get you more pumped up, and your potentially pissing off the band.

All we got from Maynard all night was right before Wings started "Please no flash photos during this song. Please no flash photos for this song. He sounded really sincere to. So what do the fucking idiots start doing and continue to do during the song? USING THEIR FUCKING FLASHES. Show some respect, at least turn it off.

The laser show didnt look as good at at the Sun Dome. Dont think there was enough smoke. But the sun dome is probably a quarter of the size, so the smoke filled up the place better.

Security was really lax at this place. I seen so many cell phone cameras taking shots. Hell we were on the back row lower section right in front of security, and a guy next to me was taking vids and pics on his cell phone. Staff was great.

Im starting to like Melt Banana more and more, everytime I hear them. This crowd seemed to really digged them. One point when she was talking the middle section started to boo, but after they started the next song and finished, the same section was where they got the loudest applause. Dont know what was up with that.

Well I'm out. One more show to go. See you all in Jacksonville.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:12 PM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Just got home. Traffic was crazy going back to Tampa cause of construction.

This was my 9th show.

Wow this show was 2x better than the Tampa show. The crowd was into it more and you could tell the band fed off the energy better than the Tampa crowd. I think everyone played tight and solid tonight. I only noticed one fuckup and it was from Justin during Wings. Maynard didn't sound so monotone at the beginning of Schism tonight. Sad about no Pot, but Pushit was amazing. It was probably the best performance of a song that I have heard from Tool. The part in rosetta stoned "overwhelmed as one would be...." was really good.

Yeh a few secs into Jambi someone threw a cup of something on stage? Why? Does it get you more pumped up, and your potentially pissing off the band.

All we got from Maynard all night was right before Wings started "Please no flash photos during this song. Please no flash photos for this song. He sounded really sincere to. So what do the fucking idiots start doing and continue to do during the song? USING THEIR FUCKING FLASHES. Show some respect, at least turn it off.

The laser show didnt look as good at at the Sun Dome. Dont think there was enough smoke. But the sun dome is probably a quarter of the size, so the smoke filled up the place better.

Security was really lax at this place. I seen so many cell phone cameras taking shots. Hell we were on the back row lower section right in front of security, and a guy next to me was taking vids and pics on his cell phone. Staff was great.

Im starting to like Melt Banana more and more, everytime I hear them. This crowd seemed to really digged them. One point when she was talking the middle section started to boo, but after they started the next song and finished, the same section was where they got the loudest applause. Dont know what was up with that.

Well I'm out. One more show to go. See you all in Jacksonville.
OFFLINE |  
budhatouch's Avatar budhatouch
05-31-2007, 09:15 PM

Just got back to St Pete. "No flash camers, Please no flash cameras during this song." that was the only thing Maynard said all night, besides singing ofcourse. It was said before wings. Great show, better vibe than Tampa. Pushit was good, so was the tease for Prison Sex.
11/22/96 | 02/27/97 | 07/11/97 | 07/03/98 | 10/24/01 | 10/28/01 | 07/23/02 | 07/26/02 | 05/19/06 | 05/20/06 | 09/11/06 | 05/29/07 | 05/31/07 |
Old 05-31-2007, 09:15 PM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Just got back to St Pete. "No flash camers, Please no flash cameras during this song." that was the only thing Maynard said all night, besides singing ofcourse. It was said before wings. Great show, better vibe than Tampa. Pushit was good, so was the tease for Prison Sex.
11/22/96 | 02/27/97 | 07/11/97 | 07/03/98 | 10/24/01 | 10/28/01 | 07/23/02 | 07/26/02 | 05/19/06 | 05/20/06 | 09/11/06 | 05/29/07 | 05/31/07 |
OFFLINE |  
TheBigTool
05-31-2007, 10:44 PM

This show not even comparable to the Tampa show. Holy shit so much better. PuShit was worth the price of admission at both shows.

Being on the floor in Tampa, the show was so much better from the seats. Sounds was better. Soaking in the video, lasers, etc was better.

I still think they could have turned Maynard up a bit but wow ... what an amazing, amazing show. Best i've seen.

And I have to say, after seeing W4M/10K once, I would have much rather traded it for something off of Undertow (SWAMP SONG), Aenima, and maybe Right In Two.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:44 PM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

This show not even comparable to the Tampa show. Holy shit so much better. PuShit was worth the price of admission at both shows.

Being on the floor in Tampa, the show was so much better from the seats. Sounds was better. Soaking in the video, lasers, etc was better.

I still think they could have turned Maynard up a bit but wow ... what an amazing, amazing show. Best i've seen.

And I have to say, after seeing W4M/10K once, I would have much rather traded it for something off of Undertow (SWAMP SONG), Aenima, and maybe Right In Two.
OFFLINE |  
iamthewalrus237
05-31-2007, 10:59 PM

The show in Orlando was 100000 times better than Tampa. I walked away from Tampa really disappointed, but tonight was great. Pushit was the best of course. I was really glad they didn't play the pot. Something off of Undertow or Opiate would've been nice, but they can't play everything.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:59 PM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

The show in Orlando was 100000 times better than Tampa. I walked away from Tampa really disappointed, but tonight was great. Pushit was the best of course. I was really glad they didn't play the pot. Something off of Undertow or Opiate would've been nice, but they can't play everything.
OFFLINE |  
mxsuicide
06-01-2007, 04:27 AM

My first TOOL show and it was everything I hoped it would be. I have been to lots of shows here in Tampa, but I have to admit the crowd and the staff in Orlando was awesome. Except for the assclown who threw the water bottle everyone else was great.

The band really seemed to feed off the crowd. Pushit was the best. At the very end the little band huddle on the stage was cool. You could tell they really still enjoy playing together.

I heard so many bad things about the opening band I was surprised how good they were. They reminded me of the hardcore punk bands of the 80's. The bassist was awesome and her energy was infectious.

Thanks to TOOL for making this the best concert I have ever seen.

Peace all
Old 06-01-2007, 04:27 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

My first TOOL show and it was everything I hoped it would be. I have been to lots of shows here in Tampa, but I have to admit the crowd and the staff in Orlando was awesome. Except for the assclown who threw the water bottle everyone else was great.

The band really seemed to feed off the crowd. Pushit was the best. At the very end the little band huddle on the stage was cool. You could tell they really still enjoy playing together.

I heard so many bad things about the opening band I was surprised how good they were. They reminded me of the hardcore punk bands of the 80's. The bassist was awesome and her energy was infectious.

Thanks to TOOL for making this the best concert I have ever seen.

Peace all
OFFLINE |  
Jobob
06-01-2007, 04:31 AM

The concert was great after the opening act was done (man, sitting through that was almost painful). Tool, of course, was brilliant. The laser show for the second half of the concert was fantastic. I had a seat in the back of the arena, so it was a great place to sit and watch the lights.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:31 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

The concert was great after the opening act was done (man, sitting through that was almost painful). Tool, of course, was brilliant. The laser show for the second half of the concert was fantastic. I had a seat in the back of the arena, so it was a great place to sit and watch the lights.
OFFLINE |  
TampaRichard
06-01-2007, 04:35 AM

I can't believe I have been at work in Tampa for over an hour already. Damn I am tired! The contruction in Orlando driving home sucked.

However, I think the Orlando show was better than the Tampa show. Although I loved hearing The Pot in Tampa and they totally nailed RIght in Two, Push IT was fantastic and another treat!

Although my Tampa seats were better than Orlando, I definitely think the sound and overall show in Orlando seemed much better. I even thought the light show was better in Orlando. Maybe it had to do with my seats facing the stage and it might also be one of those things where you see and appreciate more during the second show. I guess the diehards that have seen Tool 5 to 10 times can chime in on this topic. So do they get better the more times you see them?

Even though I was disappointed to not hear the Pot last night - I thought maybe we would get a nice surprise at the end after Vicarious!

I was much more impressed with Danny's drumming and his solo last night compared to Tampa. In addition, to a nice solo during Lateralus he was awesome during Push IT.

I know the boys only tour every 4-5 years so I for one can say I am happy I was able to see them 2x on this tour. It was worth the money - both times!
Old 06-01-2007, 04:35 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

I can't believe I have been at work in Tampa for over an hour already. Damn I am tired! The contruction in Orlando driving home sucked.

However, I think the Orlando show was better than the Tampa show. Although I loved hearing The Pot in Tampa and they totally nailed RIght in Two, Push IT was fantastic and another treat!

Although my Tampa seats were better than Orlando, I definitely think the sound and overall show in Orlando seemed much better. I even thought the light show was better in Orlando. Maybe it had to do with my seats facing the stage and it might also be one of those things where you see and appreciate more during the second show. I guess the diehards that have seen Tool 5 to 10 times can chime in on this topic. So do they get better the more times you see them?

Even though I was disappointed to not hear the Pot last night - I thought maybe we would get a nice surprise at the end after Vicarious!

I was much more impressed with Danny's drumming and his solo last night compared to Tampa. In addition, to a nice solo during Lateralus he was awesome during Push IT.

I know the boys only tour every 4-5 years so I for one can say I am happy I was able to see them 2x on this tour. It was worth the money - both times!
OFFLINE |  
ColdLogic's Avatar ColdLogic
06-01-2007, 05:16 AM

We had bowl seats here rather than the floor, and almost immediately I was glad. The translucent light show they bounced off the surface of the stage could not be seen by the floor audience (Maynard sang while standing in a puddle of lava, for instance).

We got there just in time as the lights went down. "Oh what great timing!" my buddy said. We sat down and were treated to.... MELT BANANA! I couldn't believe some record company heard this band and thought: "Y'know? I think I could sell a lot of their records!" Every word of every lyric of every song was "corn chip". AJ and Danney could have come out and set a hamster up on stage with a nail file and some rubber bands and it would have been a goddamn masterpiece by virtue of following Melt Banana. ANyone notice when that little Chinese chick was announcing Tool she said: "Thank you. We really like to thank The Tool. We have The Tool for you."

Finally Maynard came out in this burning orange jacket and his big cowboy hat and proceeded to do his Nard shuffle to Jambi.

The show was great. I've seen them three times now, and I'm always amazed that AJ can generate those sounds live. That guy obviously never had any girlfriends because he had to have spent long hours caressing artificial harmonics from his strings.

Anyway, I think it was during 46&2 when Maynard pulled off the hat to reveal his perfect, beautiful mohawk. I'm so jealous.
Rosetta Stoned was wicked fast (who knew he could do the banana-danna line faster live than on the record?!) and Pushit was just as good as you could hope for.
Another thing I noticed: for his age, Nard still gets a lot of nasty rowls out. I had read that his voice was sucking this tour, but I thought he sounded as incredible as ever.

Jacksonville tomorrow night! w00t

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the whole "zillion points of lighter lights" before Wings/10kD. The group went to the raised diaz, sat down, smiled at the audience as if posing. Five minutes go by while the crowd screams, cam-phones buzzing all over the place. Justin (or AJ maybe) lights his Bic, and 5 seconds later 50,000 Bics are lit (including mine). It stays that way, an arena filled with yellow wavering stars, for a while.

Then they get back to their posts, Nard says: "Now, no flash photography for this songs please," and they roll into Wings.

Last edited by ColdLogic; 06-01-2007 at 06:17 PM..
Old 06-01-2007, 05:16 AM   #18
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 29

We had bowl seats here rather than the floor, and almost immediately I was glad. The translucent light show they bounced off the surface of the stage could not be seen by the floor audience (Maynard sang while standing in a puddle of lava, for instance).

We got there just in time as the lights went down. "Oh what great timing!" my buddy said. We sat down and were treated to.... MELT BANANA! I couldn't believe some record company heard this band and thought: "Y'know? I think I could sell a lot of their records!" Every word of every lyric of every song was "corn chip". AJ and Danney could have come out and set a hamster up on stage with a nail file and some rubber bands and it would have been a goddamn masterpiece by virtue of following Melt Banana. ANyone notice when that little Chinese chick was announcing Tool she said: "Thank you. We really like to thank The Tool. We have The Tool for you."

Finally Maynard came out in this burning orange jacket and his big cowboy hat and proceeded to do his Nard shuffle to Jambi.

The show was great. I've seen them three times now, and I'm always amazed that AJ can generate those sounds live. That guy obviously never had any girlfriends because he had to have spent long hours caressing artificial harmonics from his strings.

Anyway, I think it was during 46&2 when Maynard pulled off the hat to reveal his perfect, beautiful mohawk. I'm so jealous.
Rosetta Stoned was wicked fast (who knew he could do the banana-danna line faster live than on the record?!) and Pushit was just as good as you could hope for.
Another thing I noticed: for his age, Nard still gets a lot of nasty rowls out. I had read that his voice was sucking this tour, but I thought he sounded as incredible as ever.

Jacksonville tomorrow night! w00t

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the whole "zillion points of lighter lights" before Wings/10kD. The group went to the raised diaz, sat down, smiled at the audience as if posing. Five minutes go by while the crowd screams, cam-phones buzzing all over the place. Justin (or AJ maybe) lights his Bic, and 5 seconds later 50,000 Bics are lit (including mine). It stays that way, an arena filled with yellow wavering stars, for a while.

Then they get back to their posts, Nard says: "Now, no flash photography for this songs please," and they roll into Wings.

Last edited by ColdLogic; 06-01-2007 at 06:17 PM..
OFFLINE |  
cavalierfh
06-01-2007, 05:39 AM

This is my.. durr.. 5th? Tool show. 1st this tour.

Lovely, really lovely through and through. I think I actually became jaded this tour, because I've been so blown away every single time that I think I EXPECTED excellence this time.. and of course got it.. bummer though, used to be so pumped up after a show, now it's "Yup, that was a damn good show!"

I was so suprised they played Stinkfist (I haven't been reading prior set lists), that really made my night. Such a great song live.

I thought I heard Prison Sex start up, adn the visuals sure helped with all the coils and what not, and I was like NOOO WAAYY... but then they didn't play it, ahh well too good to be true :)

The laser light spectaculars were pretty kewl, first time seeing that on a Tool show. For a second I thought I was at a Floyd show! wOOOooOo trails. Some of the visuals especially Wings pt 2 were really wonderful.

All in all thanks for the show guys! Fantastic in every regard as always, a real class act.

EDIT:

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention, MJK interacted and moved quite a bit! Heck he faced the audience for Wings it seemed -- probably the request for no flash pix. I haven't seen him move this much since the Aenima tour. It seemed like he was in a good place!

Any music nerds know what sort of gear Adam and Maynard were rolling with? I was in the bowl in the back so I only saw what I thought where keyboards?? Seems like there was more to it then that, though.

Last edited by cavalierfh; 06-01-2007 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: added some MJK Shit
Old 06-01-2007, 05:39 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

This is my.. durr.. 5th? Tool show. 1st this tour.

Lovely, really lovely through and through. I think I actually became jaded this tour, because I've been so blown away every single time that I think I EXPECTED excellence this time.. and of course got it.. bummer though, used to be so pumped up after a show, now it's "Yup, that was a damn good show!"

I was so suprised they played Stinkfist (I haven't been reading prior set lists), that really made my night. Such a great song live.

I thought I heard Prison Sex start up, adn the visuals sure helped with all the coils and what not, and I was like NOOO WAAYY... but then they didn't play it, ahh well too good to be true :)

The laser light spectaculars were pretty kewl, first time seeing that on a Tool show. For a second I thought I was at a Floyd show! wOOOooOo trails. Some of the visuals especially Wings pt 2 were really wonderful.

All in all thanks for the show guys! Fantastic in every regard as always, a real class act.

EDIT:

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention, MJK interacted and moved quite a bit! Heck he faced the audience for Wings it seemed -- probably the request for no flash pix. I haven't seen him move this much since the Aenima tour. It seemed like he was in a good place!

Any music nerds know what sort of gear Adam and Maynard were rolling with? I was in the bowl in the back so I only saw what I thought where keyboards?? Seems like there was more to it then that, though.

Last edited by cavalierfh; 06-01-2007 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: added some MJK Shit
OFFLINE |  
six9
06-01-2007, 07:11 AM

The show was amazing. One of the best concerts Ive been too. Highlight of the evening for me was Push It and Wings 1 and 2... The opening band was alright, the guitar player was sick, but the vocals were a little too much high-pitched japanesse screaming for me. I just dont understand why some of the people started to boo them. Thats just plain rude. I guess it was just good ole 'Biflo representing. jk. Anyways, I was hoping for some more classics such as H, Aenima, and stuff from Undertow, but I guess can't always get everything. I was so happy they played Push It, what a great song. I was also wondering, who brings glowsticks to a Tool Concert, isnt there enough visuals up there for you rollerskaters on the stage. I guess I just wasnt informed that it was a rave. Oh well... overall, it was a kicka$$ show, and I can't wait to see them again sometime in the near future.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:11 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

The show was amazing. One of the best concerts Ive been too. Highlight of the evening for me was Push It and Wings 1 and 2... The opening band was alright, the guitar player was sick, but the vocals were a little too much high-pitched japanesse screaming for me. I just dont understand why some of the people started to boo them. Thats just plain rude. I guess it was just good ole 'Biflo representing. jk. Anyways, I was hoping for some more classics such as H, Aenima, and stuff from Undertow, but I guess can't always get everything. I was so happy they played Push It, what a great song. I was also wondering, who brings glowsticks to a Tool Concert, isnt there enough visuals up there for you rollerskaters on the stage. I guess I just wasnt informed that it was a rave. Oh well... overall, it was a kicka$$ show, and I can't wait to see them again sometime in the near future.
OFFLINE |  
ChaseA17's Avatar ChaseA17
06-01-2007, 07:49 AM

This was my first Tool show and it did not disappoint. Was digging the pigtails and the face-melting solos that Adam was rocking. Justin nearly stole the show, he is such a virtuoso on the bass. Danny was less than i had hoped, but then again there is a reason this tour stop along with others was postponed... Maynard was awesome, the robot dances and the singing was on-point. The talkbox part in the beginning of Rosetta Stoned was awesome from the floor whereas his voice was bouncing off the walls so to give it an omnipresent auditory vibe (if you will). Pushit, Lateralus and Wings were the highlights for me personally. Great show, going to see them in Germany in August whilst backpacking around Europe.

p.s. I really am getting a "final tour" vibe from Tool with all of the hugging on stage and just how maynard and the boys really dont get into it like i have seen/heard on the net before.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:49 AM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

This was my first Tool show and it did not disappoint. Was digging the pigtails and the face-melting solos that Adam was rocking. Justin nearly stole the show, he is such a virtuoso on the bass. Danny was less than i had hoped, but then again there is a reason this tour stop along with others was postponed... Maynard was awesome, the robot dances and the singing was on-point. The talkbox part in the beginning of Rosetta Stoned was awesome from the floor whereas his voice was bouncing off the walls so to give it an omnipresent auditory vibe (if you will). Pushit, Lateralus and Wings were the highlights for me personally. Great show, going to see them in Germany in August whilst backpacking around Europe.

p.s. I really am getting a "final tour" vibe from Tool with all of the hugging on stage and just how maynard and the boys really dont get into it like i have seen/heard on the net before.
OFFLINE |  
rschackleford75
06-01-2007, 09:13 AM

Very excellent show. I was quite impressed with everything: the sound, the visuals, the crowd. It was all very good. The lasers were great to watch and added a lot to the songs they were used on. I was sitting stage right, on Adam's side, and the sound was great. I could hear the guitar, bass, and drums very well. My one complaint is that at times Maynard's vocals were a little too low. The crowd got into the show pretty good, especially when they played Stinkfist, Forty-Six & 2, and Pushit.

Melt-Banana was alright, nothing spectacular. It was cool hearing some of the guitar effects that the guy was spewing out, but at times it was just too much screeching.

Jambi: I kind of liked this as an opener. The boys all came out and took their places and just went right into it. Danny was wearing an Orlando Magic jersey, which was nice. I did not recognize Maynard or Adam at first, considering MJK was all wrapped up in an orange jacket and Adam's hair looked considerably shorter. Anyway, I liked the screens and lights on Jambi, the fire and woman on the screen reflected off the stage and looked awesome.

Stinkfist: I really liked the (-)Ions intro to this song, was not expecting it. The crowd went crazy for this one and at times we drowned out Maynard ("I'll keep digging"). Glad to hear it live, although I was kind of hoping for the extended version. Not complaining though.

Forty-Six & 2: Again, the crowd really liked this one. Tons of energy coming out of everyone, the band included. The bass intro knocked me off my feet. Maynard's dancing/moving on this one was of particular note, as he was swaying around bent over.

Schism: This one had a nice intro, and they played it well, but it was not really a highlight for me. The music video for it played on the screens in the background. I think the coolest part of the song was when they extended the middle and sped it up, my friends and I really enjoyed it.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned: I was really looking forward to hearing this live. Maynard went down and got his megaphone for it. Hearing the opening notes and "Alrighty then, picture this if you will" was so exciting. I was impressed with how Maynard nailed the vocals, and the whole band was pretty spot-on. The visuals of the guy running in the road, the alien, and all the space-related stuff fit well, and I had a good time watching those. Best part was the pinnacle when Maynard came back in with "ooooooverwhelmed as one would be". I think I heard him add a nice growl to it before saying 'overwhelmed'.

Pushit: the band played a pretty long intro to this, lots of synths. I was hoping for this one over Right In Two, and being that Pushit is my favorite Tool song, I went crazy when I heard Adam begin to play it. The rest of the crowd seemed pretty surprised to hear it as well. Tons of cheers.

Wings For Marie/10K Days: The band took a bit of an intermission, all coming to the stage to sit down. Justin lit his lighter, and the whole arena followed suit. My friends and I put up our zippo's, and looked around at the "sea of fire". It was quite a sight. I had seen this done once before, at a Nine Inch Nails concert during "Hurt". It's great. After that, once the whole place was filled with smoke and the circle lights from the ceiling came down, the band got into position. Maynard got behind his keyboard and Justin took a seat. It was at this point that Maynard said the only thing he said all night: "No flash cameras on this song please, no flash cameras". It sucked that he had to actually say this to us, especially when people were still using them. Made Orlando look bad. Anyway, these songs were great. The lasers were amazing to watch, and the lighting was perfect. A lot of people cheered and whooed, which was a bit annoying, but oh well, nothing too bad. I think I heard Maynard better on these two songs than on any others. Overall it was breathtaking to see this performed live.

Lateralus: My God. This song was the definite highlight of the night. It was better than I could have ever hoped for. They employed everything for this song. The rings of light were still down, and the lasers were awesome as well. They showed the Lateralus eye on the screens and all the lights turned everything orange. The visuals on screen were great and mesmerizing. The playing on this song was probably the best of the night, and this was before the extended part. I had read about them extending it, but did not know exactly what to expect. Needless to say I was blown away. Adam and Justin kept rythym while Danny slaughtered his drum set. All the people around us, including ourselves were almost hysterical at how incredible Danny was doing. How he does it, I will never know. Definitely the best of the night. I even think that we all drowned out Maynard during the "spiral out, keep going" parts.

Vicarious: The lasers on this song were really cool. They crossed the red and green ones to make a really cool effect. Also had the 10K Days eyes shining on the stage, which was cool to see. It closed out the set pretty nice, and the crowd liked it. Maynard let us sing "vicariously I live while the whole world dies", before coming back in to loudly yell "much better you than I".

After the show, the lights came on and everone stood up. The whole place was going crazy. The band all hugged, which was cool to see, and they threw sticks, picks, and drumheads into the crowd. I find it worth noting the guy who got two other people to lift him up down on the floor. He was lifted up on these two people's hands, high above the rest of the crowd. It was so funny, and Jusin and Adam really seemed to enjoy it.
Overall, it was a great show. Only a few minor complaints, mainly the crowd being jackasses at times and Maynard's vocals being a bit too low. But like I said, nothing that really impeded the concert.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:13 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Very excellent show. I was quite impressed with everything: the sound, the visuals, the crowd. It was all very good. The lasers were great to watch and added a lot to the songs they were used on. I was sitting stage right, on Adam's side, and the sound was great. I could hear the guitar, bass, and drums very well. My one complaint is that at times Maynard's vocals were a little too low. The crowd got into the show pretty good, especially when they played Stinkfist, Forty-Six & 2, and Pushit.

Melt-Banana was alright, nothing spectacular. It was cool hearing some of the guitar effects that the guy was spewing out, but at times it was just too much screeching.

Jambi: I kind of liked this as an opener. The boys all came out and took their places and just went right into it. Danny was wearing an Orlando Magic jersey, which was nice. I did not recognize Maynard or Adam at first, considering MJK was all wrapped up in an orange jacket and Adam's hair looked considerably shorter. Anyway, I liked the screens and lights on Jambi, the fire and woman on the screen reflected off the stage and looked awesome.

Stinkfist: I really liked the (-)Ions intro to this song, was not expecting it. The crowd went crazy for this one and at times we drowned out Maynard ("I'll keep digging"). Glad to hear it live, although I was kind of hoping for the extended version. Not complaining though.

Forty-Six & 2: Again, the crowd really liked this one. Tons of energy coming out of everyone, the band included. The bass intro knocked me off my feet. Maynard's dancing/moving on this one was of particular note, as he was swaying around bent over.

Schism: This one had a nice intro, and they played it well, but it was not really a highlight for me. The music video for it played on the screens in the background. I think the coolest part of the song was when they extended the middle and sped it up, my friends and I really enjoyed it.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned: I was really looking forward to hearing this live. Maynard went down and got his megaphone for it. Hearing the opening notes and "Alrighty then, picture this if you will" was so exciting. I was impressed with how Maynard nailed the vocals, and the whole band was pretty spot-on. The visuals of the guy running in the road, the alien, and all the space-related stuff fit well, and I had a good time watching those. Best part was the pinnacle when Maynard came back in with "ooooooverwhelmed as one would be". I think I heard him add a nice growl to it before saying 'overwhelmed'.

Pushit: the band played a pretty long intro to this, lots of synths. I was hoping for this one over Right In Two, and being that Pushit is my favorite Tool song, I went crazy when I heard Adam begin to play it. The rest of the crowd seemed pretty surprised to hear it as well. Tons of cheers.

Wings For Marie/10K Days: The band took a bit of an intermission, all coming to the stage to sit down. Justin lit his lighter, and the whole arena followed suit. My friends and I put up our zippo's, and looked around at the "sea of fire". It was quite a sight. I had seen this done once before, at a Nine Inch Nails concert during "Hurt". It's great. After that, once the whole place was filled with smoke and the circle lights from the ceiling came down, the band got into position. Maynard got behind his keyboard and Justin took a seat. It was at this point that Maynard said the only thing he said all night: "No flash cameras on this song please, no flash cameras". It sucked that he had to actually say this to us, especially when people were still using them. Made Orlando look bad. Anyway, these songs were great. The lasers were amazing to watch, and the lighting was perfect. A lot of people cheered and whooed, which was a bit annoying, but oh well, nothing too bad. I think I heard Maynard better on these two songs than on any others. Overall it was breathtaking to see this performed live.

Lateralus: My God. This song was the definite highlight of the night. It was better than I could have ever hoped for. They employed everything for this song. The rings of light were still down, and the lasers were awesome as well. They showed the Lateralus eye on the screens and all the lights turned everything orange. The visuals on screen were great and mesmerizing. The playing on this song was probably the best of the night, and this was before the extended part. I had read about them extending it, but did not know exactly what to expect. Needless to say I was blown away. Adam and Justin kept rythym while Danny slaughtered his drum set. All the people around us, including ourselves were almost hysterical at how incredible Danny was doing. How he does it, I will never know. Definitely the best of the night. I even think that we all drowned out Maynard during the "spiral out, keep going" parts.

Vicarious: The lasers on this song were really cool. They crossed the red and green ones to make a really cool effect. Also had the 10K Days eyes shining on the stage, which was cool to see. It closed out the set pretty nice, and the crowd liked it. Maynard let us sing "vicariously I live while the whole world dies", before coming back in to loudly yell "much better you than I".

After the show, the lights came on and everone stood up. The whole place was going crazy. The band all hugged, which was cool to see, and they threw sticks, picks, and drumheads into the crowd. I find it worth noting the guy who got two other people to lift him up down on the floor. He was lifted up on these two people's hands, high above the rest of the crowd. It was so funny, and Jusin and Adam really seemed to enjoy it.
Overall, it was a great show. Only a few minor complaints, mainly the crowd being jackasses at times and Maynard's vocals being a bit too low. But like I said, nothing that really impeded the concert.
OFFLINE |  
flipmojo's Avatar flipmojo
06-01-2007, 09:34 AM

Just got back from Orlando...

The show was pretty good. I give it 7 out of 10. I would have ranked it higher had they done a few different things.

First, Schism is just not working anymore. The band casually runs through it, even the sped up part seems boring to them now. There was some good momentum after Jambi, Stinkfist, and 46&2 that was killed by Schism.

Second, the ending of the set doesn't send you off feeling "high". I can only imagine what those lucky bastards felt like after leaving the show after Aenima. Aenima should close right after Vicarious. I know that would have done the trick last night. Maybe it will come back tonight in Sunrise.

And last, Maynard didn't say a damn thing all night. In fact, I didn't even realize they were starting. It just hit with Jambi. Then, the whole show went on without a peep. They ought to hand a mic to Justin or Adam. And when the show finished... nothing. The only words that were heard that were song lyrics were "Please, no flash photography during this song." WTF? Very weak in my opinion. I don't care if they haven't been talking a lot during this tour. It sucks to be there and never hear from the band except to not use cameras.

Now that that crap is out of the way...

I enjoyed the show. We stayed across the street at the Mariott. It was within walking distance. We sat up on the 12th floor listening to Tool, drinking beer and watching people arrive. The lines were never long, and security wasn't tight.

We went over at 8pm and Melt Banana was already on stage. The guy who said this cracked me up because it was SO TRUE!

Quote:
Every word of every lyric of every song was "corn chip". "Corn chip cooorn chiiiiiip corn-chip-corn-chip-cochi-cochi-corn chip!"
My brother and I were cracking up. I was loving it. They are from Japan, so I was imagining rock and roll video games. That is what they sound like - a metal video game. And I may have been in that section that was booing. It was the lower level corner. They were booing, but when I sat down I started yelling and cheering the Bananas on! Then, that area started to chill out and listen more.

Quick setlist notes:

Jambi - KILLS!! Fire on screens, and Maynard with cowboys hat raised straight over his head and moving back and forth. Very awesome moment.

Stinkfist - Classic that still rocks. Music video played on screens.

46&2 - Another classic, but came across better than Stinkfist because of the drum work by Danny. Maynard sang hard on this one too. The show was flying high at this point.

Schism - Total waste of a song. It needs to be replaced tonight! Killed the momentum.

Rosetta Stoned - Went over pretty well. I would say it was another highlight.

Pushit - Great song to make the setlist. They did well on it, although I don't remember an "extended intro".

Wings 1 & 2 - My first tim ehearing this live. I cried like a baby. It was a very sad and depressing song. MUCH sadder live than on the album. The crowd was way low after this loooong song.

Lateralus - They played it well. I didn't think the jam was very special though. It certainly wasn't a Triad type of jam or anything. I think this song would have worked better after Vicarious.

Vicarious - Rocked, but Maynard was already done. Didn't sing all the lyrics. As soon as it ended, Maynard went around collecting bodies for a group hug, through a hand up, and... gone. Zzzz....

It was a good show, but it could have been better. I have seen them perform with MUCH more energy. The set needs to be teaked a little. I hope they change it up tonight. I have to shower and regroup. Then I'm off on a 2 1/2 hour drive to Sunrise. See you there!!!
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
Old 06-01-2007, 09:34 AM   #23
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

Just got back from Orlando...

The show was pretty good. I give it 7 out of 10. I would have ranked it higher had they done a few different things.

First, Schism is just not working anymore. The band casually runs through it, even the sped up part seems boring to them now. There was some good momentum after Jambi, Stinkfist, and 46&2 that was killed by Schism.

Second, the ending of the set doesn't send you off feeling "high". I can only imagine what those lucky bastards felt like after leaving the show after Aenima. Aenima should close right after Vicarious. I know that would have done the trick last night. Maybe it will come back tonight in Sunrise.

And last, Maynard didn't say a damn thing all night. In fact, I didn't even realize they were starting. It just hit with Jambi. Then, the whole show went on without a peep. They ought to hand a mic to Justin or Adam. And when the show finished... nothing. The only words that were heard that were song lyrics were "Please, no flash photography during this song." WTF? Very weak in my opinion. I don't care if they haven't been talking a lot during this tour. It sucks to be there and never hear from the band except to not use cameras.

Now that that crap is out of the way...

I enjoyed the show. We stayed across the street at the Mariott. It was within walking distance. We sat up on the 12th floor listening to Tool, drinking beer and watching people arrive. The lines were never long, and security wasn't tight.

We went over at 8pm and Melt Banana was already on stage. The guy who said this cracked me up because it was SO TRUE!

Quote:
Every word of every lyric of every song was "corn chip". "Corn chip cooorn chiiiiiip corn-chip-corn-chip-cochi-cochi-corn chip!"
My brother and I were cracking up. I was loving it. They are from Japan, so I was imagining rock and roll video games. That is what they sound like - a metal video game. And I may have been in that section that was booing. It was the lower level corner. They were booing, but when I sat down I started yelling and cheering the Bananas on! Then, that area started to chill out and listen more.

Quick setlist notes:

Jambi - KILLS!! Fire on screens, and Maynard with cowboys hat raised straight over his head and moving back and forth. Very awesome moment.

Stinkfist - Classic that still rocks. Music video played on screens.

46&2 - Another classic, but came across better than Stinkfist because of the drum work by Danny. Maynard sang hard on this one too. The show was flying high at this point.

Schism - Total waste of a song. It needs to be replaced tonight! Killed the momentum.

Rosetta Stoned - Went over pretty well. I would say it was another highlight.

Pushit - Great song to make the setlist. They did well on it, although I don't remember an "extended intro".

Wings 1 & 2 - My first tim ehearing this live. I cried like a baby. It was a very sad and depressing song. MUCH sadder live than on the album. The crowd was way low after this loooong song.

Lateralus - They played it well. I didn't think the jam was very special though. It certainly wasn't a Triad type of jam or anything. I think this song would have worked better after Vicarious.

Vicarious - Rocked, but Maynard was already done. Didn't sing all the lyrics. As soon as it ended, Maynard went around collecting bodies for a group hug, through a hand up, and... gone. Zzzz....

It was a good show, but it could have been better. I have seen them perform with MUCH more energy. The set needs to be teaked a little. I hope they change it up tonight. I have to shower and regroup. Then I'm off on a 2 1/2 hour drive to Sunrise. See you there!!!
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
OFFLINE |  
willy99_buzz
06-01-2007, 12:47 PM

Hearing "Pushit" at the Orlando show was awesome. Once they played "Pushit", I hoped they would end the show with Aenema since they dropped "The Pot" and "Right in Two" from the set they did in Tampa. Didn't happen though. That is my only complaint from an otherwise perfect show. Jambi is a killer song to start the set with. Awesome. I too fell for the "Prison Sex" like tease. Great shows.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Hearing "Pushit" at the Orlando show was awesome. Once they played "Pushit", I hoped they would end the show with Aenema since they dropped "The Pot" and "Right in Two" from the set they did in Tampa. Didn't happen though. That is my only complaint from an otherwise perfect show. Jambi is a killer song to start the set with. Awesome. I too fell for the "Prison Sex" like tease. Great shows.
OFFLINE |  
UCFjason
06-01-2007, 03:41 PM

Well this was my 3rd Tool show. The others were At the O-rena in 2001 and the UCF arena in 1997. This I thought was the best of the three. Did anybody out there happen to record this show? I was actually thinking about investing in a DAT but chickened out at the last second. I kind of regretted it since the security I felt was pretty lax. I was in section 210 row Q. I had a great view of the show. My one disapointment $42 for a freaking T-shirt????? Granted I am a big boy and like xxl but thats crazy. But I guess those lasers are expensive and that is how the band makes moolah with merchandise. That's about it. My first time posting on the site. It looks like the Orlando show might end up being the best of the florida mini-tour so to speak. See you guys again in 5 or 6 years when tool hits the O-rena/TD Waterhouse/ Amway arena!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Well this was my 3rd Tool show. The others were At the O-rena in 2001 and the UCF arena in 1997. This I thought was the best of the three. Did anybody out there happen to record this show? I was actually thinking about investing in a DAT but chickened out at the last second. I kind of regretted it since the security I felt was pretty lax. I was in section 210 row Q. I had a great view of the show. My one disapointment $42 for a freaking T-shirt????? Granted I am a big boy and like xxl but thats crazy. But I guess those lasers are expensive and that is how the band makes moolah with merchandise. That's about it. My first time posting on the site. It looks like the Orlando show might end up being the best of the florida mini-tour so to speak. See you guys again in 5 or 6 years when tool hits the O-rena/TD Waterhouse/ Amway arena!!!
OFFLINE |  
SpiralReflection
06-01-2007, 05:30 PM

This is my 2nd Tool show. It was probably the best concert I'll go to for a long time. I must say, the 2001 show was such an eye-opening experience for me it's hard to rank that at 2. Never the less it was great to finally hear some Aenima classics I missed from the pervious show and hear the 10,000 Days material (and all of it kicked ass).

Personal faves, best of the best:
Stinkfist, Pushit, Rosetta, Lateralus, Vicarious
Old 06-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

This is my 2nd Tool show. It was probably the best concert I'll go to for a long time. I must say, the 2001 show was such an eye-opening experience for me it's hard to rank that at 2. Never the less it was great to finally hear some Aenima classics I missed from the pervious show and hear the 10,000 Days material (and all of it kicked ass).

Personal faves, best of the best:
Stinkfist, Pushit, Rosetta, Lateralus, Vicarious
OFFLINE |  
jerseydrums656
06-01-2007, 06:19 PM

i was supposed to be in third tier 206 nose bleed but i was like fuck that. so i stumbled my trippin self down to the floor and rocked out in the pit. probably THE best show i have ever been too. more of a tool fan now then i ever thought i could be. great turn out. great crowd. great energy, specialy with the lighter tribute. my voice is still there, screamin, and singing along
Old 06-01-2007, 06:19 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

i was supposed to be in third tier 206 nose bleed but i was like fuck that. so i stumbled my trippin self down to the floor and rocked out in the pit. probably THE best show i have ever been too. more of a tool fan now then i ever thought i could be. great turn out. great crowd. great energy, specialy with the lighter tribute. my voice is still there, screamin, and singing along
OFFLINE |  
wawaweewa
06-01-2007, 09:50 PM

great show, i thought the show at sunrise was better in certain aspects although maynard was better in orlando. for some reason i felt that they played their songs a little slow today. hmmm... still good though but i felt it took away from the energy.
the best part of the night was when house lights came on after the show and the theme song for Borat began playing through the speakers!!

was I the only one who noticed this?

i hated this one guy who was whistling non-stop for 5 minutes straight and who began to yell stupid random shit like "rise you motherfuckers!!" during wings... what a drunk fuck
Old 06-01-2007, 09:50 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

great show, i thought the show at sunrise was better in certain aspects although maynard was better in orlando. for some reason i felt that they played their songs a little slow today. hmmm... still good though but i felt it took away from the energy.
the best part of the night was when house lights came on after the show and the theme song for Borat began playing through the speakers!!

was I the only one who noticed this?

i hated this one guy who was whistling non-stop for 5 minutes straight and who began to yell stupid random shit like "rise you motherfuckers!!" during wings... what a drunk fuck
OFFLINE |  
kujobie
06-02-2007, 06:01 AM

Great show. 4th time I have seen them on this tour. In some ways this was better than Tampa, and in some ways it wasn't. I liked the set list better for the Tampa show. I think Right in Two is the best song from 10,000 Days and it is absolutely mind blowing live and should be played every night. But then, Pushit... It's a great song too.. But then we also got The Pot in Tampa... The visuals and light show were better in Tampa but the sound was better at this show. I will say this. You are foolish if you get floor tickets on this tour. The video projection on the stage itself is one of the coolest things I have ever seen at a concert. The best place to view this is about 1/2 the way up on the sides of the arena. Not to mention that the sound sucks on the floor, unless you are standing at the back and that kinda defeats the purpose of being on the floor. If you must get floor tickets, at least work your way up into the seating areas for a song or two. The view is not to be missed. I must give kudos to the people of Orlando. Everyone, fans, security, people selling beer, shirts, etc. were MUCH cooler than the people in my hometown of Tampa. There is kind of a rivalry between these two cities, and you guys have outshined us again. The crowd was really showing it's appreciation to the band, standing ovations between every song, etc.. I think the Tampa crowd was half asleep the whole time. In any case, I agree that this may be the last time we get to see these guys live, so that's a little sad, but they did not disappoint, as usual.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:01 AM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

Great show. 4th time I have seen them on this tour. In some ways this was better than Tampa, and in some ways it wasn't. I liked the set list better for the Tampa show. I think Right in Two is the best song from 10,000 Days and it is absolutely mind blowing live and should be played every night. But then, Pushit... It's a great song too.. But then we also got The Pot in Tampa... The visuals and light show were better in Tampa but the sound was better at this show. I will say this. You are foolish if you get floor tickets on this tour. The video projection on the stage itself is one of the coolest things I have ever seen at a concert. The best place to view this is about 1/2 the way up on the sides of the arena. Not to mention that the sound sucks on the floor, unless you are standing at the back and that kinda defeats the purpose of being on the floor. If you must get floor tickets, at least work your way up into the seating areas for a song or two. The view is not to be missed. I must give kudos to the people of Orlando. Everyone, fans, security, people selling beer, shirts, etc. were MUCH cooler than the people in my hometown of Tampa. There is kind of a rivalry between these two cities, and you guys have outshined us again. The crowd was really showing it's appreciation to the band, standing ovations between every song, etc.. I think the Tampa crowd was half asleep the whole time. In any case, I agree that this may be the last time we get to see these guys live, so that's a little sad, but they did not disappoint, as usual.
OFFLINE |  
toolofmagick
06-02-2007, 06:06 PM

Great show. I cant tell if the Tampa show was better than this one because to me they were just as magical. I was really stoked they played Push It cause we had been talking about it on the car ride there. Danny ripped it again, but I could tell he kind of lost his flow during the solo but like he said, if he fucks up, he'll just play a roll and hit a china hahaha. Lots of flack backstage but finally came through in the end when Danny let me get a few beers and his badass chicken and spinach. 'Our catering is great' hahahaha
Old 06-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show. I cant tell if the Tampa show was better than this one because to me they were just as magical. I was really stoked they played Push It cause we had been talking about it on the car ride there. Danny ripped it again, but I could tell he kind of lost his flow during the solo but like he said, if he fucks up, he'll just play a roll and hit a china hahaha. Lots of flack backstage but finally came through in the end when Danny let me get a few beers and his badass chicken and spinach. 'Our catering is great' hahahaha
OFFLINE |  
Bokeypunk
06-02-2007, 10:59 PM

NIICEE! First Tool concert. Might I say, what a performance. Better than any other band that I have seen. Went with my best friend and this cool ass chick (she was with her boyfriend, phooey!). Had a great. Made a jackass of myself, but I was there for Tool. My favorite song were 46&2 then into Stinkfist. Then it was PuShit and Lateralus. PuShit was awesome, but I still wish I could have seen Right in Two. I wish they could have played them all. Not enough energy for that. The stage was great and the lights! Man, was those lasers great. As for the douche bag that threw the ice, I hope he got his eyes gouged out by humming birds, and shit on by turtles on the way home. Why would you do that? And I heard some guy shined a laser pointer at Maynard on Friday's concert. What?!?! You got to be shittn me. This ain't no punk rock show where a bunch of homos touch each. All in all, great show and I really loved Lateralus. My favorite. I almost broke my chair.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

NIICEE! First Tool concert. Might I say, what a performance. Better than any other band that I have seen. Went with my best friend and this cool ass chick (she was with her boyfriend, phooey!). Had a great. Made a jackass of myself, but I was there for Tool. My favorite song were 46&2 then into Stinkfist. Then it was PuShit and Lateralus. PuShit was awesome, but I still wish I could have seen Right in Two. I wish they could have played them all. Not enough energy for that. The stage was great and the lights! Man, was those lasers great. As for the douche bag that threw the ice, I hope he got his eyes gouged out by humming birds, and shit on by turtles on the way home. Why would you do that? And I heard some guy shined a laser pointer at Maynard on Friday's concert. What?!?! You got to be shittn me. This ain't no punk rock show where a bunch of homos touch each. All in all, great show and I really loved Lateralus. My favorite. I almost broke my chair.
OFFLINE |  
rickneal
06-04-2007, 11:36 AM

Show #9 for me. One of my least favorite of the 9. Maynard didn't have much to say to the crowd. It was the 1st time I wasn't blessed with an encore by them too.

That being said, a bad Tool show still blows everything away I've ever seen any other band try to pull off. I took my brother with me cause he had never seen them. He's probably only heard a few of their radio songs. He told me afterwards that he didn't recognize any tracks they played, but he was still taken back by the whole presentation. That's special when a band can do that. I love reading some of these experiences from 1st timers.

The Orlando crowd was awesome too. At least section 101 was. It didn't seem to be overrun with the sterotypical punks that tend to show up at these shows. I did find the douche with the glowsticks annoying. I showed up late, so I missed the guy who threw ice. Not sure what he was thinking. Did he end up getting his ass kicked? I'm guessing that's why we didn't get an encore.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:36 AM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Show #9 for me. One of my least favorite of the 9. Maynard didn't have much to say to the crowd. It was the 1st time I wasn't blessed with an encore by them too.

That being said, a bad Tool show still blows everything away I've ever seen any other band try to pull off. I took my brother with me cause he had never seen them. He's probably only heard a few of their radio songs. He told me afterwards that he didn't recognize any tracks they played, but he was still taken back by the whole presentation. That's special when a band can do that. I love reading some of these experiences from 1st timers.

The Orlando crowd was awesome too. At least section 101 was. It didn't seem to be overrun with the sterotypical punks that tend to show up at these shows. I did find the douche with the glowsticks annoying. I showed up late, so I missed the guy who threw ice. Not sure what he was thinking. Did he end up getting his ass kicked? I'm guessing that's why we didn't get an encore.
OFFLINE |  
timespacex's Avatar timespacex
06-04-2007, 02:46 PM

5 rows up from the floor just right of center. the band was at eye level and the sound just killed!!! even though the sound was amazing on the floor in tampa, being slightly elevated into the pa was sweet. this show i was impressed with the way they cultivate the sound. especially adam.... at times playing ahead and then opening up with fat ass chords as maynard, justin and danny swarm into the middle and finally punching through the other side as one... o u r s i d e !!!!!!!!
what a fucking cohesive machine they can be...........................................
Old 06-04-2007, 02:46 PM   #33
Level 4 - Thinker

5 rows up from the floor just right of center. the band was at eye level and the sound just killed!!! even though the sound was amazing on the floor in tampa, being slightly elevated into the pa was sweet. this show i was impressed with the way they cultivate the sound. especially adam.... at times playing ahead and then opening up with fat ass chords as maynard, justin and danny swarm into the middle and finally punching through the other side as one... o u r s i d e !!!!!!!!
what a fucking cohesive machine they can be...........................................
OFFLINE |  
THIC DARK BASS
06-04-2007, 02:58 PM

NOW THAT I HAD A COUPLE OF DAYS TO LET THE TAMPA AND ORLANDO SHOWS SINK IN, I THINK FOR ONE IN A MORE INTIMATE FEEL I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT THE TAMPA SHOW HAD THIS HANDS DOWN.BUT, AS FAR AS THE SOUND AND SHOWMANSHIP STANDS THE ORLANDO SHOW WAS THE BETTER OF THE TWO.I WAS AT THE K.C. SHOW LAST SEPT RIGHT BELOW THE GUYS WITH THE TOOL SIGN,ANOTHER SICK ASS SHOW BY THE WAY,AND WHAT I'VE NOTICED IS THAT TOOLS SOUND IS TOO BIG FOR CERTAIN ARENAS.I WOULD LOVE TOO SEE THEM PLAY A FEW MORE OUTDOOR FESTIVALS IN THE US OR EVEN A FEW STADIUMS MAYBE LIKE WITH A OLD SCHOOL DEF LEPPARD TYPE STAGE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FEILD.WOULDN'T THAT BE SICK?MAYBE I'M DREAMIN,AND NO I AM NOT EVEN TRYING TO PUT DEF LEPPARD ON THE SAME PLANE OF EXSISTANCE AS TOOL,I'M JUST PUTTING THE WHOLE STAGE IN THE CENTER OG THE VENUE TYPE IDEA OUT THERE.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

NOW THAT I HAD A COUPLE OF DAYS TO LET THE TAMPA AND ORLANDO SHOWS SINK IN, I THINK FOR ONE IN A MORE INTIMATE FEEL I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT THE TAMPA SHOW HAD THIS HANDS DOWN.BUT, AS FAR AS THE SOUND AND SHOWMANSHIP STANDS THE ORLANDO SHOW WAS THE BETTER OF THE TWO.I WAS AT THE K.C. SHOW LAST SEPT RIGHT BELOW THE GUYS WITH THE TOOL SIGN,ANOTHER SICK ASS SHOW BY THE WAY,AND WHAT I'VE NOTICED IS THAT TOOLS SOUND IS TOO BIG FOR CERTAIN ARENAS.I WOULD LOVE TOO SEE THEM PLAY A FEW MORE OUTDOOR FESTIVALS IN THE US OR EVEN A FEW STADIUMS MAYBE LIKE WITH A OLD SCHOOL DEF LEPPARD TYPE STAGE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FEILD.WOULDN'T THAT BE SICK?MAYBE I'M DREAMIN,AND NO I AM NOT EVEN TRYING TO PUT DEF LEPPARD ON THE SAME PLANE OF EXSISTANCE AS TOOL,I'M JUST PUTTING THE WHOLE STAGE IN THE CENTER OG THE VENUE TYPE IDEA OUT THERE.
OFFLINE |  
PShepherd11's Avatar PShepherd11
06-08-2007, 09:46 AM

It was indeed an amazing show. It was great to hear Forty-Six & 2 and Stinkfist. I was hoping to hear Ænema, Parabol/a and the rest of Prison Sex, but it was still great. Rosetta Stoned was cool, Wings and 10,000 Days were beautiful. Schism and Lateralus were amazing. I wish it could've been longer.

Lateralus tour in 2001 was my favorite, but I am grateful that I got to see them again. This was my fourth show and I hope they never stop making music so I can see them live again.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #35
Level 11 - Moogle (tdn $upporter)

Location: Chocobo's Forest Job: Save games & sell goods Description: Fuzzy little winged creature
Bincount™: 694

It was indeed an amazing show. It was great to hear Forty-Six & 2 and Stinkfist. I was hoping to hear Ænema, Parabol/a and the rest of Prison Sex, but it was still great. Rosetta Stoned was cool, Wings and 10,000 Days were beautiful. Schism and Lateralus were amazing. I wish it could've been longer.

Lateralus tour in 2001 was my favorite, but I am grateful that I got to see them again. This was my fourth show and I hope they never stop making music so I can see them live again.
OFFLINE |  
Madness320
06-12-2007, 07:11 AM

My first Tool show. God it was good, but I really wish I could have seen their previous tours. I love Undertow and it sucked they don't play that stuff much anymore. Still an amazing time.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:11 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

My first Tool show. God it was good, but I really wish I could have seen their previous tours. I love Undertow and it sucked they don't play that stuff much anymore. Still an amazing time.
OFFLINE |  
Aezarien's Avatar Aezarien
06-26-2007, 07:03 AM

Posted under the wrong event by accident.... That's what happens when you are rudely awakened by an encyclopedia salesman... The horror... Going to go post in the right place now.. I think.

Last edited by Aezarien; 06-26-2007 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: I'm Stupid
Old 06-26-2007, 07:03 AM   #37
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Posted under the wrong event by accident.... That's what happens when you are rudely awakened by an encyclopedia salesman... The horror... Going to go post in the right place now.. I think.

Last edited by Aezarien; 06-26-2007 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: I'm Stupid
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply