Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 10. Right in Two
User Name
Password
The Green Mule
07-19-2016, 04:04 AM

"Gotta divide it all right in two" I really don't understand what the chorus means. I try to think of examples, but life seems more complicated than that. Sure a husband and wife getting a divorce will split things two ways, but is there any other way? Also i realize in the political sphere things are left and right. Take the second world war for another example though, there aren't simply winners and losers. Germany attempted to win the war and exterminate the Jews. Japan participated, they would've been happy to divide Australia in two. This is my least favorite song on the album
Old 07-19-2016, 04:04 AM   #1
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
Ambiguous

"Gotta divide it all right in two" I really don't understand what the chorus means. I try to think of examples, but life seems more complicated than that. Sure a husband and wife getting a divorce will split things two ways, but is there any other way? Also i realize in the political sphere things are left and right. Take the second world war for another example though, there aren't simply winners and losers. Germany attempted to win the war and exterminate the Jews. Japan participated, they would've been happy to divide Australia in two. This is my least favorite song on the album
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
The Green Mule
01-06-2017, 06:26 PM

Fight till they die, over wind, over sky
They fight over lie, over blood, over air
And life, over love, over sun, over reality
Fight till they die over words, polarizing

This part is so understated and clouded with 'ambiguity,' when it really should be a signature piece of the album. The guitar is my favorite. Did they cloak it too heavily so that it's paid no attention?
Old 01-06-2017, 06:26 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
Re: Ambiguous

Fight till they die, over wind, over sky
They fight over lie, over blood, over air
And life, over love, over sun, over reality
Fight till they die over words, polarizing

This part is so understated and clouded with 'ambiguity,' when it really should be a signature piece of the album. The guitar is my favorite. Did they cloak it too heavily so that it's paid no attention?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply