Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
phishman1's Avatar phishman1
08-08-2006, 04:25 AM

I'm not in Toolarmy, and I have all of the mp3's that I could possibly want. For crying out loud, people...my 13 year old daughter is able to find complete shows for me and download them. Put a little effort into it, and you will be able to find a lot of live Tool audio on the Internet. Decent quality, free, and it does not take very long to download an entire show...even if it's some huge FLAC files. Torrents...ya gotta love 'em.

Anyways, I don't really understand bands that take such a rigid stance on taping. What's the big deal? The quality is usually decent, and it's not like people are going to get rich by selling these bootlegs. With all of the people out there that have high speed internet connections and the massive amount of live shows available to download, who in their right mind would go to a record shop and buy an actual live bootleg? Trust me, the band is not going to lose anything by a few fans taping the show and sharing it on the 'net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux
Because we dont have shit to do with Toolarmy. They run their own thing, maybe since they pay to get in, the band allows them to have all the mp3's they want.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:25 AM   #41
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 467
Re: Tool should be more like Pearl Jam..

I'm not in Toolarmy, and I have all of the mp3's that I could possibly want. For crying out loud, people...my 13 year old daughter is able to find complete shows for me and download them. Put a little effort into it, and you will be able to find a lot of live Tool audio on the Internet. Decent quality, free, and it does not take very long to download an entire show...even if it's some huge FLAC files. Torrents...ya gotta love 'em.

Anyways, I don't really understand bands that take such a rigid stance on taping. What's the big deal? The quality is usually decent, and it's not like people are going to get rich by selling these bootlegs. With all of the people out there that have high speed internet connections and the massive amount of live shows available to download, who in their right mind would go to a record shop and buy an actual live bootleg? Trust me, the band is not going to lose anything by a few fans taping the show and sharing it on the 'net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux
Because we dont have shit to do with Toolarmy. They run their own thing, maybe since they pay to get in, the band allows them to have all the mp3's they want.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
M.Luther's Avatar M.Luther
08-08-2006, 04:29 AM

whats not to understand? the record labels force most of their puppets to do and say what they want them to.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:29 AM   #42
Suicide Booth ID: 3

Bincount™: 9261

whats not to understand? the record labels force most of their puppets to do and say what they want them to.
phishman1's Avatar phishman1
08-08-2006, 04:35 AM

go independant...

whatever. They can institute and (try to) enforce all the rules they want. I guarantee you that, once this Fall tour is done, I'll have at least half (or more) of the shows to listen to, as will many people here. Not to mention all of the cool pictures of the band that will be added to the ol' FLICKR tdn Live Pool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Luther
Old 08-08-2006, 04:35 AM   #43
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 467

go independant...

whatever. They can institute and (try to) enforce all the rules they want. I guarantee you that, once this Fall tour is done, I'll have at least half (or more) of the shows to listen to, as will many people here. Not to mention all of the cool pictures of the band that will be added to the ol' FLICKR tdn Live Pool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Luther
Triple Six Mafia
08-08-2006, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshls
In the fact that their live shows are available the day after for download in mp3 or FLAC. I would love to have some live tool shows to listen too. Anybody think the band will ever do this?
No I Dont Think So...YouTube.com/tool
watch their interviews.....in my opinion
i dont think there ever do that,you're
it would be great but I just cant see them
doing that,plus the band is very strict on
illegally downloading music so those mp3's
might get into the wrong hand.....have a good day
Old 08-08-2006, 05:59 AM   #44
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshls
In the fact that their live shows are available the day after for download in mp3 or FLAC. I would love to have some live tool shows to listen too. Anybody think the band will ever do this?
No I Dont Think So...YouTube.com/tool
watch their interviews.....in my opinion
i dont think there ever do that,you're
it would be great but I just cant see them
doing that,plus the band is very strict on
illegally downloading music so those mp3's
might get into the wrong hand.....have a good day
08-08-2006, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdude
This is it isn't it - it's not necessarily a case of needing to have everything Tool have ever done live on your computer (sure would take up a lot of memory!) - some people may want this and that's fine, but for me and I'm sure for a lot of others, there will be special shows and special moments that you want to experience again, I saw them live at Download festival for the first time ever this June, it was absolutely incredible and better than the gig we saw in London the following Tuesday - I downloaded a bootleg of the Download show and it obviously can't capture the immensity of it all, I would love to have that in good quality to look back on again. Pearl Jam are very cool for doing it the way they do it. But just a live DVD would be lovely :o)

I Agree
Old 08-08-2006, 06:02 AM   #45
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
This is it isn't it - it's not necessarily a case of needing to have everything Tool have ever done live on your computer (sure would take up a lot of memory!) - some people may want this and that's fine, but for me and I'm sure for a lot of others, there will be special shows and special moments that you want to experience again, I saw them live at Download festival for the first time ever this June, it was absolutely incredible and better than the gig we saw in London the following Tuesday - I downloaded a bootleg of the Download show and it obviously can't capture the immensity of it all, I would love to have that in good quality to look back on again. Pearl Jam are very cool for doing it the way they do it. But just a live DVD would be lovely :o)

I Agree
08-08-2006, 09:44 AM

Quote:
but for me and I'm sure for a lot of others, there will be special shows and special moments that you want to experience again
yeah, that's what i said too ;)
Old 08-08-2006, 09:44 AM   #46
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

Quote:
but for me and I'm sure for a lot of others, there will be special shows and special moments that you want to experience again
yeah, that's what i said too ;)

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply