opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 08-03-2003, 06:53 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Something To Consider

I believe the begining of the video has alot to do with Sacred Geometry. In Sacred Geometry the number three represents the transformation of line to plane, or the unmanifest to manifest, line (two points), to the "transformation" (three points, or the triangle), to the square (four points). The square represents the begining of form or the begining of the natural world as we know it. So the three men represent the creators of the natural world. The suits make them seem more prestigious. After all they did make us.
The apple may or may not be symbolic of anything, but after the apple is cut we see a five pointed star in the middle. As the camera zooms in over two more frames the five pointed star becomes six pointed, then seven pointed. This represents the progression or growth of the physical world. 4(square, the begining) to 5,6 and 7 pointed stars.
So how do the messed up looking men create our reality? They elevate and puke a circle. The circle in Sacred Geometry represents one. God is the only thing that has unity or is one. Nothing in the natural world has unity or is one. Everying that we know is understood because of its opposite, everything comes in two. Without cold we could not understand what hot is. Without wet we would not know dry and so on. The circle that they create would again suggest that they are the creators. God began creation by creating his opposite, the universe or heaven. God (one) divided himself and created two (god and heaven/universe) and there have been two of everything ever since. Anyways, the next thing we see are a bunch of hands that grab the circle and pull it in opposite directions, thus dividing it into a geometric form (seven pointed star) and putting us and our world into existence.
There are other examples of sacred geometry in the video, like the giant floating thing made of spheres, but I haven't had the time to interperet the rest of the video.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 09:18 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 277
Re: Something To Consider

Good thoughts. I would say that the apple is symbolic of secret knowledge, knowledge of good and evil and the knowledge that humans are divine, also, and that the men are holders of the secret who refuse to let the rest of humanity know the truth. I have to watch the video again, it's been a while...
Old 08-04-2003, 09:23 AM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

So you're saying that the apple refers to the whole Adam and Eve story. That we were given our knowledge of good and evil because of the disobedience of the first humans. Never thought of it that way, it makes alot of sense. That might explain why the apple is grey, it symbolizes the evil that that moment brought upon humanity.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:54 AM   #4
Level 10 - Vehement

Sort of, though you could take the metaphor in many different ways. My first impression was that the men were 'organized religion' who have access to the secret and don't let others have it. Instead, they choose to control humanity and try to tell them how to act and think. I think any time there is a metaphorical use of an apple, or a snake for that matter, most of us that were raised in some Christian church think of the temptation, though, so it's an obvious choice. Then, later in the video the guy relealizes absolute truth on his own, and possibly his shadow represents ignorance(of the divine human nature). Anyone who has had Kundalini moments identifies with that flaming leaf, I think, and it immediately reminded me of the Lotus Sutra.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:14 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Tell me more about Kundalini. It's about accessing certain chakras and meditation, right? I'm 18, so you could call me ignorant, but what do you believe I am missing out on here on Earth, or elsewhere, if I never realize the "absolute truth." I've always used Sacred Geometry as a proof that God exists. Who, or what, could have related just about everything in the natural world to number and/or function but God himself and made it known to those who wanted to know about it. I guess I'm not talking about the Tool video anymore.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:56 PM   #6
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsAboveSoBelow
I guess I'm not talking about the Tool video anymore.

Lol, no problem, stick around, there are bound to be discussions concerning Kundalini in Socialize some time. I am definitely not an expert. The extent of my knowledge comes from a book called Kundalini, by Gopi Krishna and also taking Kundalini yoga classes. A Kundalini experience isn't necessarily a realization of an absolute truth, so let me correct myself, it's more of a revelation. Of course, people argue that there is no absolute truth, and it's a sticky semantic discussion, but I guess if there is an absolute truth it would be that God exists and IS the entire universe. The revelation I speak of is realizing the divinity in everything including yourself.

Yeah, Kundalini deals with the chakras, like Tantra. The chakras, 7 basic ones, but some kundalini people speak of 8 or 10 or more, but there are 7 in your body. One at the base of the spine, one at the genitals, one just below the navel, one at the heart, one at the throat, one at your third eye spot on your forehead, and the crown of the head....Anyways, let me see...let me get a website that has specific info about all of the chakras.

http://www.3ho.org/
http://www.sahajayoga.org/
http://www.erowid.org/spirit/spirit.shtml
Old 08-05-2003, 03:42 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Thanks for the reply and the sites. I'm going to do some Kundalini Yoga.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:00 PM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Something about the apple. I agree on the sacred knowledge thing. Look up blue apples on the internet. A interesting myth.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: