Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
06-08-2006, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spirit of Radio
"fragile is at best your desire to believe in -angels in the hearts of man
pull your head on out your head (created?) ....give a listen
shouldn't have to say it all again
the universe is hostile- so impossible -devour to survive- so it is.. so it's alway been
WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY OFF
Old 06-08-2006, 10:52 PM   #601
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6
Re: 01 - Vicarious lyrics

Quote:
"fragile is at best your desire to believe in -angels in the hearts of man
pull your head on out your head (created?) ....give a listen
the universe is hostile- so impossible -devour to survive- so it is.. so it's alway been
WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY OFF
06-09-2006, 12:54 AM

I still think it's "graven ground" not "grave and ground".
Old 06-09-2006, 12:54 AM   #602
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

06-09-2006, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseensilmä
And you do know?
Yep. I'm writing it down for the whole world to see.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #603
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: Background vocals at 2:22 - 2:28 are lead vocals from 6:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseensilmä
And you do know?
Yep. I'm writing it down for the whole world to see.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
visualtim's Avatar visualtim
06-09-2006, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
That's another version of this line I haven't seen yet.

First up, I looked up "graven". It's a word. Yeah, I guess it could fit.

Second, went back with headphones and windows media player, played with the equalizer, and even slowed it down a few times. And what I'm hearing, and probably what you're hearing is:

"...on grave an' ground"

And since there's no hard and clear "d" in "an[d]", you're probably interpreting it as "graven".

But, for sure (fo sho'), there's an "A" sound, not an "E" sound, after "grave".

Thus, we have "grave and ground"; not "graven ground".

I'm liking these new words. Expanding my vocabularly.

Last edited by visualtim; 06-09-2006 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: Duh, Enproper Engrish
Old 06-09-2006, 04:30 PM   #604
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara

Second, went back with headphones and windows media player, played with the equalizer, and even slowed it down a few times. And what I'm hearing, and probably what you're hearing is:

"...on grave an' ground"

And since there's no hard and clear "d" in "an[d]", you're probably interpreting it as "graven".

Last edited by visualtim; 06-09-2006 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: Duh, Enproper Engrish
wearethestories's Avatar wearethestories
06-09-2006, 07:13 PM

"I AM the TV"?

tragedy thrills ME --- as the personified TV, it makes more sense than anything else... also gives a reason for the list of "programmes" or "flavors" as it were that follow...

ALSO...
best thing I've heard suggested:
(Still have the transmitt[al/er]
Synched to the death rattle)

best sense and can hear every word...

finis.
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 06-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #605
Level 7 - Loquacious

"I AM the TV"?

tragedy thrills ME --- as the personified TV, it makes more sense than anything else... also gives a reason for the list of "programmes" or "flavors" as it were that follow...

ALSO...
best thing I've heard suggested:
(Still have the transmitt[al/er]
Synched to the death rattle)

best sense and can hear every word...

finis.
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Lysander
06-09-2006, 07:13 PM

...Or just possibly an octive lower. Anyway, I woudl ordinarily let the thread die, but I noticed that there actaully seem to be two sound loops going on simultaneously; one on the left which is louder, and another on the right, which is quieter, and seems to be a different voice. Would anyone konw if this is true, orif they're jsut the same but played back at adifferent speed? I seriously can't hear a thing either of them are saying, all i konw is that they sound different to my ears.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #606
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Re: help with HIDDEN lyrics

...Or just possibly an octive lower. Anyway, I woudl ordinarily let the thread die, but I noticed that there actaully seem to be two sound loops going on simultaneously; one on the left which is louder, and another on the right, which is quieter, and seems to be a different voice. Would anyone konw if this is true, orif they're jsut the same but played back at adifferent speed? I seriously can't hear a thing either of them are saying, all i konw is that they sound different to my ears.
06-10-2006, 05:17 AM

Woah give me just ten minutes.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:17 AM   #607
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

Woah give me just ten minutes.
lateralus0
06-10-2006, 10:03 AM

i hear "Eyes on the TV"
Old 06-10-2006, 10:03 AM   #608
Level 4 - Thinker

i hear "Eyes on the TV"
06-10-2006, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus0
i hear "Eyes on the TV"
definitely don't hear "S" in EYES... and I've tried to hear anything other than I AM, but it always comes out that way --- no EYE ON or I OWN, pretty sure it's an M I hear, not an N

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 06-10-2006, 12:29 PM   #609
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus0
i hear "Eyes on the TV"
definitely don't hear "S" in EYES... and I've tried to hear anything other than I AM, but it always comes out that way --- no EYE ON or I OWN, pretty sure it's an M I hear, not an N

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
06-10-2006, 12:45 PM

STILL like a zombie (has sounded that way to me for a week)?

and I keep hearing an F sound during "Blood like rain (Fr)om[?] down" --- anyone else?

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 06-10-2006, 12:45 PM   #610
Level 7 - Loquacious

and I keep hearing an F sound during "Blood like rain (Fr)om[?] down" --- anyone else?

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
06-10-2006, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearethestories
So then it's... "I ohm the TV"?
A tribute to Georg Ohm? :P

No, it's an "n". And I'm all for the "Eye on the TV" because he's eagerly wanting to witness human tragedy.

However, it keep hearing "own". I'm not saying the line is "I own the TV" (or even "I pwn the TV"), but every bloody time I hear it, I hear the "o" sound associated with "own" and not "on".

Contrary to what I believe in decyphering lyrics, I'm gonna have to say that maybe although it sounds like "own", it's either mispronounced, or there's an instrument effect that's distorting the "o" vowel. But just by saying this, it immediately throws everything I hear into question and confusion.

But I'll try listening to it a few more times.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #611
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
So then it's... "I ohm the TV"?
A tribute to Georg Ohm? :P

No, it's an "n". And I'm all for the "Eye on the TV" because he's eagerly wanting to witness human tragedy.

However, it keep hearing "own". I'm not saying the line is "I own the TV" (or even "I pwn the TV"), but every bloody time I hear it, I hear the "o" sound associated with "own" and not "on".

Contrary to what I believe in decyphering lyrics, I'm gonna have to say that maybe although it sounds like "own", it's either mispronounced, or there's an instrument effect that's distorting the "o" vowel. But just by saying this, it immediately throws everything I hear into question and confusion.

But I'll try listening to it a few more times.
06-10-2006, 01:04 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I could see where you're coming from with the "Still like a zombie". I heard it too for the longest time. But why would you "Still like a zombie into the TV"? Can you "Still into a TV"? Thus I went back and listened (and relistened again and again, with various effects added/subtracted etc).

It's the "L" from "like" that's throwing most people off. And the word "Stare" (because while you can't "still" into a TV, you can "Stare" into a TV. And Zombies have that weird stare, too. A blank one at that.) has some kind of weird emphasis (I'm not an english major) that makes it all run together in the weirdest places.

I assure you, it's "stare".

As with "From down", it's "come down". There's a sharp "c" sound (or K sound, it doesn't matter with phonetics there) right before "ome".

But the way he says "...rain come down...", I can see why you might hear a "fr" sound. It's one of those things where if you really search for it, you'll hear it. Trick of the mind there.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #612
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Yeah, I could see where you're coming from with the "Still like a zombie". I heard it too for the longest time. But why would you "Still like a zombie into the TV"? Can you "Still into a TV"? Thus I went back and listened (and relistened again and again, with various effects added/subtracted etc).

It's the "L" from "like" that's throwing most people off. And the word "Stare" (because while you can't "still" into a TV, you can "Stare" into a TV. And Zombies have that weird stare, too. A blank one at that.) has some kind of weird emphasis (I'm not an english major) that makes it all run together in the weirdest places.

As with "From down", it's "come down". There's a sharp "c" sound (or K sound, it doesn't matter with phonetics there) right before "ome".

But the way he says "...rain come down...", I can see why you might hear a "fr" sound. It's one of those things where if you really search for it, you'll hear it. Trick of the mind there.
06-11-2006, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualtim

Think I got you on the COME DOWN line, but it still sounds like STILL to me... here's my take:

STARE like a junkie
into the TV
STILL like a zombie
while the mother holds her child...

the STARE is from the junkie, fizated on the TV and the STILL is sitting still (like a zombie - frozen, unmoving) while watching the mother hold her dying child... no emotion/blank/frozen

hence why I continue to think it's STILL

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 06-11-2006, 09:46 AM   #613
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Think I got you on the COME DOWN line, but it still sounds like STILL to me... here's my take:

STARE like a junkie
into the TV
STILL like a zombie

the STARE is from the junkie, fizated on the TV and the STILL is sitting still (like a zombie - frozen, unmoving) while watching the mother hold her dying child... no emotion/blank/frozen

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
06-11-2006, 01:46 PM

Quote:

STARE like a junkie
into the TV
STILL like a zombie

Hmm.

There IS a notable difference between the junkie line and the zombie lne. That difference which I speak of are the length of each "ST" word, whether or not they are "stare" or "still". I could arguably say that what you are hearing as "still" couldn't simply be a faster way of "stare" that's sung, bluring the "R" of "stare" with the "L" of "like".

I could also argue that zombies are not still. They are infact quite mobile, which makes them feared. In some classic zombie movies, the trait of the Undead vs the Regular dead is that they Undead get up and walk around. The regular dead just sit there. Of course, in other classic zombies, ALL the dead are "undead", and so all walk around.
The 2004 release of "Dawn of the Dead" had the zombies running, sometimes faster than living humans. That's as far from being still as you could get. However, their glazed-over stare can hardly be missed. Contacts are often used to get this stare.

However, and in all honesty, the junkie line could go either way if I listen with my ears. Thus, I really cannot persuade you audibly on this one. The only thing that tips the scales for me are this:
1)Repetition of lines are not uncommon. They strengthen a particular idea or use of imagery.
2)Zombies are actually quite mobile. Their stare is also uncanny.

*shrugs*

Last edited by visualtim; 06-11-2006 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: I have poor sentence structzorz.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:46 PM   #614
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

STARE like a junkie
into the TV
STILL like a zombie

Hmm.

There IS a notable difference between the junkie line and the zombie lne. That difference which I speak of are the length of each "ST" word, whether or not they are "stare" or "still". I could arguably say that what you are hearing as "still" couldn't simply be a faster way of "stare" that's sung, bluring the "R" of "stare" with the "L" of "like".

I could also argue that zombies are not still. They are infact quite mobile, which makes them feared. In some classic zombie movies, the trait of the Undead vs the Regular dead is that they Undead get up and walk around. The regular dead just sit there. Of course, in other classic zombies, ALL the dead are "undead", and so all walk around.
The 2004 release of "Dawn of the Dead" had the zombies running, sometimes faster than living humans. That's as far from being still as you could get. However, their glazed-over stare can hardly be missed. Contacts are often used to get this stare.

However, and in all honesty, the junkie line could go either way if I listen with my ears. Thus, I really cannot persuade you audibly on this one. The only thing that tips the scales for me are this:
1)Repetition of lines are not uncommon. They strengthen a particular idea or use of imagery.
2)Zombies are actually quite mobile. Their stare is also uncanny.

*shrugs*

Last edited by visualtim; 06-11-2006 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: I have poor sentence structzorz.
A Spirit of Radio's Avatar A Spirit of Radio
06-11-2006, 03:05 PM

let's all sing to the death rattle .....lalalalalalala
makes much more sense than sync to the death rattle
Old 06-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #615

Bincount™: 14

06-11-2006, 03:13 PM

Please maynard put up the official lyrics so we can end all this nonsense
Old 06-11-2006, 03:13 PM   #616
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Please maynard put up the official lyrics so we can end all this nonsense
clarity.'s Avatar clarity.
06-11-2006, 03:21 PM

I suck your wee wee
So cum will fill me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like
"Sweat from the hard wang,
Salt from the ocean"
Shot by your flesh gun
Genetic poison in my teeth
As you kiss me goodbye
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til a sperm dies

Don't look at me like
I am whore, please
Frown with your one face
But with the other
Suck like a junkie
Onto my pee pee
Stare like a zombie
While the sucker, holds his child
Watches them die
Cum in the mouth cryin
"My, oh my"

Cause I need to suck things dry.
In this instance,
Bi-curiously I live
While your semen dies
You all need it too. Don't lie.

Why can't we just admit it?
We won't give pause until
The cum is flowing
Neither the young nor old
Will pleasure themselves alone
The cum is flowing

I need to suck things dry.
In this good, safe instance
Bi-curiously I live
While your semen dies
You all feel the same so

Cum like rain fallin' down
Down on face and mouth

Part man (boy)
Part woman (girl)
Carnivore of grandeur
Still have the transgender
To win this sex battle

La la la la la love.

Credulous at best
Your desire to believe in
Straightness in the hearts of men.
But pull your head on out on your ass
And give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again

The universe is ****
So erotic. Oh.
Devour to feel life
So it is, so you've always been

We all feed
On baby genes
It's just cum
Not to vagina

Bi-curiously I live
While I shoot my guys
Much better you than I.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #617
a moon full of stars
Suicide Booth ID: 23

Bincount™: 6220

I suck your wee wee
So cum will fill me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like
Salt from the ocean"
Shot by your flesh gun
As you kiss me goodbye
That's my kind of story

Don't look at me like
I am whore, please
Frown with your one face
But with the other
Suck like a junkie
Onto my pee pee
Stare like a zombie
Watches them die
Cum in the mouth cryin
"My, oh my"

In this instance,
Bi-curiously I live
While your semen dies

The cum is flowing
The cum is flowing

Bi-curiously I live
While your semen dies
You all feel the same so

Down on face and mouth

Part man (boy)
Part woman (girl)
Carnivore of grandeur
To win this sex battle

La la la la la love.

Credulous at best
And give a listen

The universe is ****
So erotic. Oh.
Devour to feel life

We all feed
On baby genes
It's just cum
Not to vagina

Bi-curiously I live
While I shoot my guys
Much better you than I.
06-13-2006, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarityinwithdrawl
I suck your wee wee
So cum will fill me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like
Salt from the ocean"
Shot by your flesh gun
As you kiss me goodbye
That's my kind of story

Don't look at me like
I am whore, please
Frown with your one face
But with the other
Suck like a junkie
Onto my pee pee
Stare like a zombie
Watches them die
Cum in the mouth cryin
"My, oh my"

In this instance,
Bi-curiously I live
While your semen dies

The cum is flowing
The cum is flowing

Bi-curiously I live
While your semen dies
You all feel the same so

Down on face and mouth

Part man (boy)
Part woman (girl)
Carnivore of grandeur
To win this sex battle

La la la la la love.

Credulous at best
And give a listen

The universe is ****
So erotic. Oh.
Devour to feel life

We all feed
On baby genes
It's just cum
Not to vagina

Bi-curiously I live
While I shoot my guys
Much better you than I.

Haha, this was amazing. Pretty clever in some parts.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #618
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarityinwithdrawl
I suck your wee wee
So cum will fill me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like
Salt from the ocean"
Shot by your flesh gun
As you kiss me goodbye
That's my kind of story

Don't look at me like
I am whore, please
Frown with your one face
But with the other
Suck like a junkie
Onto my pee pee
Stare like a zombie
Watches them die
Cum in the mouth cryin
"My, oh my"

In this instance,
Bi-curiously I live
While your semen dies

The cum is flowing
The cum is flowing

Bi-curiously I live
While your semen dies
You all feel the same so

Down on face and mouth

Part man (boy)
Part woman (girl)
Carnivore of grandeur
To win this sex battle

La la la la la love.

Credulous at best
And give a listen

The universe is ****
So erotic. Oh.
Devour to feel life

We all feed
On baby genes
It's just cum
Not to vagina

Bi-curiously I live
While I shoot my guys
Much better you than I.

Haha, this was amazing. Pretty clever in some parts.
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
06-14-2006, 02:37 AM

Quote:

"...on grave an' ground"

The thing is, it's impossible to tell whether it's Graven or Grave an' because en and an can sound exactly the same depending on how you pronounce them.

The reason I think it's graven ground is because that could mean "tragedy rain down on all these people who don't live life as fully as they could, instead preferring to waste it away watching TV."

Grave an' ground doesn't feel right to me, it's like saying "blood rain down on graves and everywhere else.", which seems a bit redundant.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:37 AM   #619
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

"...on grave an' ground"

The thing is, it's impossible to tell whether it's Graven or Grave an' because en and an can sound exactly the same depending on how you pronounce them.

The reason I think it's graven ground is because that could mean "tragedy rain down on all these people who don't live life as fully as they could, instead preferring to waste it away watching TV."

Grave an' ground doesn't feel right to me, it's like saying "blood rain down on graves and everywhere else.", which seems a bit redundant.
06-14-2006, 01:50 PM

Quote:

I don't think it's Lalalalalalala, as I listen to both the studio and live versions, it sounds more to me like Lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie x4 and to me, it just sounds more like what maynard would sing..playing on the word "lie" and singing it like it's innocent like singing a lullabye (lalalala etc) and its like hes saying that we're lying to ourselves, telling ourselves that everything is alright, but then you watch the images on the TV (transmittal) and we see all that is going on around us and yet we still lie to ourselves. Kind of in the vein of The Pet "counting bodies like sheep to the rythm of the war drums" off of APC's *shudders* eMotive.

Last edited by SunBurN; 06-14-2006 at 01:58 PM..
Old 06-14-2006, 01:50 PM   #620

Quote:

I don't think it's Lalalalalalala, as I listen to both the studio and live versions, it sounds more to me like Lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie x4 and to me, it just sounds more like what maynard would sing..playing on the word "lie" and singing it like it's innocent like singing a lullabye (lalalala etc) and its like hes saying that we're lying to ourselves, telling ourselves that everything is alright, but then you watch the images on the TV (transmittal) and we see all that is going on around us and yet we still lie to ourselves. Kind of in the vein of The Pet "counting bodies like sheep to the rythm of the war drums" off of APC's *shudders* eMotive.

Last edited by SunBurN; 06-14-2006 at 01:58 PM..
acoker
06-14-2006, 04:04 PM

Am I the only one that hears (in the second to last section w/ vocals)...

Credulous at best, your deisre to believe in
angels in the hearts of men
PULL YOU HEAD ON OUT YOUR HIP

I saw a bunch of other ideas like pull your head on out your hand,head,etc..

It's clear to me, but let me know what you think.

Eh?
Old 06-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #621
Level 1 - Lurker

Eh?
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
06-14-2006, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoker

Eh?
Yes, you are the only one who hears this, in the sum totality of all existence.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:29 PM   #622
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoker

Eh?
Yes, you are the only one who hears this, in the sum totality of all existence.
06-14-2006, 10:08 PM

If your gonna try and decipher the lyrics then you should know that its not "I" its "Eye".

Think about what he's talking about. If you know the meaning than you should understand the lyrics word of choice.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:08 PM   #623
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14

If your gonna try and decipher the lyrics then you should know that its not "I" its "Eye".

Think about what he's talking about. If you know the meaning than you should understand the lyrics word of choice.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
snominius's Avatar snominius
06-15-2006, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetGoLetgoLetGo
No way. Its Spidey doin the Napoleon dance. YES!
The official title is..."If spiderman was a gay nightclubber"
Old 06-15-2006, 12:25 AM   #624
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetGoLetgoLetGo
No way. Its Spidey doin the Napoleon dance. YES!
06-15-2006, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snominius
I love it, I fucking love it
Old 06-15-2006, 12:46 AM   #625
Banned.

Bincount™: 1157

Quote:
Originally Posted by snominius
I love it, I fucking love it
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
06-15-2006, 02:36 AM

You're right! How stupid we are! I just listened to the song and he's really saying "eye"! Eye own the TV!
Old 06-15-2006, 02:36 AM   #626
Level 8 - Vociferous

You're right! How stupid we are! I just listened to the song and he's really saying "eye"! Eye own the TV!
06-15-2006, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry21

Hahah, I like you :D
Old 06-15-2006, 04:36 AM   #627
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Hahah, I like you :D
06-15-2006, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00LHEAD
Is there anyway i can make that into my screensaver?
there was a bigger version of that somewhere on the web a couple years ago. I believe it went under the title "spiderman is gay."

google it, maybe they made it into a screensaver...I dunno how to do that myself...
Old 06-15-2006, 07:26 AM   #628
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
there was a bigger version of that somewhere on the web a couple years ago. I believe it went under the title "spiderman is gay."

google it, maybe they made it into a screensaver...I dunno how to do that myself...
jquag
06-15-2006, 05:26 PM

I just went through this thread, and my apologies to those who deserve them. But whatever it is you folks are sniffing, STOP!!! It's obviously detergent. Maynard is a poet. He would not insert words that obviously would not fit just to make the song flow. Why don't you just wait until he posts them himself? You are not gonna believe how wrong some of you are. From what I see, no one has it all correct. And I may be wrong as well, so I'm not gonna hang myself from a bigger tree than the one I'm on by posting my interpretation. Flame On.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:26 PM   #629
Level 3 - Talker

I just went through this thread, and my apologies to those who deserve them. But whatever it is you folks are sniffing, STOP!!! It's obviously detergent. Maynard is a poet. He would not insert words that obviously would not fit just to make the song flow. Why don't you just wait until he posts them himself? You are not gonna believe how wrong some of you are. From what I see, no one has it all correct. And I may be wrong as well, so I'm not gonna hang myself from a bigger tree than the one I'm on by posting my interpretation. Flame On.
jquag
06-15-2006, 06:33 PM

Eye on the TV, 'Cuz tragedy thrills me,
Whatever flavor, it happens to be, like
Killed by the husband, drowned by the ocean,
shot by his own son, she used the poison
In his tea, kissed him goodbye
That's my kinda story
It's no fun 'till someone dies

Don't look at me like I am a monster
Thought out your one face but with the other
stare like a junkie into the tv
stare like a zombie
while the mother holds her child
watches him die hands to the sky crying, why oh why
Cuz I need to watch things die, from a distance
Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
you all need it too don't lie

Why can't we just admit it? x2
We won't give pause until the blood is flowing
neither the brave nor bold will write us the story so
we won't give pause until the blood is flowing

I need to watch things die, from a good safe distance
You all feel the same so, why can't we just admit it?

Blood like rain come down, dripping on grave and ground

part vampire part warrior carnivore and voyeur

stare at the transmittal, sing to the death rattle

la la la la la la la lie x4

Credulous depends on desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men
pull your head on out your head believes in devineness
the universe is hostile, so impersonal
devour to survive it is, so it's always been
We all feed on tragedy, it's like blood to a vampire

Much better you than I

If I'm wrong, I'm only about 2%. I'm outta time for a week or more. will view the flames or compliments then. cya. Anyone remember the Ajax lady? hehe

Last edited by jquag; 06-15-2006 at 06:45 PM..
Old 06-15-2006, 06:33 PM   #630
Level 3 - Talker

Eye on the TV, 'Cuz tragedy thrills me,
Whatever flavor, it happens to be, like
Killed by the husband, drowned by the ocean,
shot by his own son, she used the poison
In his tea, kissed him goodbye
That's my kinda story
It's no fun 'till someone dies

Don't look at me like I am a monster
stare like a junkie into the tv
stare like a zombie
while the mother holds her child
watches him die hands to the sky crying, why oh why
Cuz I need to watch things die, from a distance
you all need it too don't lie

Why can't we just admit it? x2
We won't give pause until the blood is flowing
neither the brave nor bold will write us the story so
we won't give pause until the blood is flowing

I need to watch things die, from a good safe distance
You all feel the same so, why can't we just admit it?

part vampire part warrior carnivore and voyeur

stare at the transmittal, sing to the death rattle

la la la la la la la lie x4

the universe is hostile, so impersonal
devour to survive it is, so it's always been
We all feed on tragedy, it's like blood to a vampire

Much better you than I

If I'm wrong, I'm only about 2%. I'm outta time for a week or more. will view the flames or compliments then. cya. Anyone remember the Ajax lady? hehe

Last edited by jquag; 06-15-2006 at 06:45 PM..
Toolfrenzy
06-15-2006, 07:34 PM

seems right

Last edited by Toolfrenzy; 06-15-2006 at 07:36 PM..
Old 06-15-2006, 07:34 PM   #631
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

seems right

Last edited by Toolfrenzy; 06-15-2006 at 07:36 PM..
06-16-2006, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jquag
Eye on the TV
No! It's "I OWN the TV." Why are you all so insistant that it's "Eye on..." ???

Quote:
No, it's definately "frown", as in being two faced and telling someone that they're doing wrong out of one of those faces, frowning upon them, then doing something something equilly repulsive out of the other face.

Quote:
It's definitely not 'dripping', there aren't enough syllables, I think it's "drum on graven ground".

Quote:
That doesn't make sense at all.

"Credulous at best your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men. Pull your head on out your happy haze and give a listen, I shouldn't have to say it all again."

Quote:
Bit more than 2% there matey.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:01 AM   #632
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Eye on the TV
No! It's "I OWN the TV." Why are you all so insistant that it's "Eye on..." ???

Quote:
No, it's definately "frown", as in being two faced and telling someone that they're doing wrong out of one of those faces, frowning upon them, then doing something something equilly repulsive out of the other face.

Quote:
It's definitely not 'dripping', there aren't enough syllables, I think it's "drum on graven ground".

Quote:
That doesn't make sense at all.

"Credulous at best your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men. Pull your head on out your happy haze and give a listen, I shouldn't have to say it all again."

Quote:
Bit more than 2% there matey.
06-16-2006, 01:13 AM

Quote:
go here http://www.spider-man-movies.com/spider-man_gay/

and save the pic as a gif...then right click and set as desktop...it will slow you PC up though...so keep it small
Old 06-16-2006, 01:13 AM   #633
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
go here http://www.spider-man-movies.com/spider-man_gay/

and save the pic as a gif...then right click and set as desktop...it will slow you PC up though...so keep it small
06-16-2006, 03:06 AM

Good job done by all who have tried to decpiher the lyrics, I haven't sat and listened intently to translate them all yet, but seriously, I would be disappointed if the starting lyric is anything other than "I own the TV"

Why, because this is far more potent by declaring a sense of ownership, a sense of dependence on it rather than "eye on the TV" portraying a kind of casual interest.

The rest of the sentiment of the song supports the former far more than the latter.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:06 AM   #634
Level 2 - Poster

Good job done by all who have tried to decpiher the lyrics, I haven't sat and listened intently to translate them all yet, but seriously, I would be disappointed if the starting lyric is anything other than "I own the TV"

Why, because this is far more potent by declaring a sense of ownership, a sense of dependence on it rather than "eye on the TV" portraying a kind of casual interest.

The rest of the sentiment of the song supports the former far more than the latter.
wittig
06-16-2006, 03:22 AM

or as some previous posters have said "I am the TV" is even stronger, I possibly like this better.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:22 AM   #635
Level 2 - Poster

or as some previous posters have said "I am the TV" is even stronger, I possibly like this better.
SunBurN's Avatar SunBurN
06-16-2006, 07:38 AM

It's possible it is "i am the tv" as I can hear that too. Just like I hear "lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie" on the studio version and even more clearly on the live versions.. instead of La-la-la...etc.

But no matter what and how many guesses we make, we still won't have this solved until the lyrics are officially released.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:38 AM   #636

It's possible it is "i am the tv" as I can hear that too. Just like I hear "lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie" on the studio version and even more clearly on the live versions.. instead of La-la-la...etc.

But no matter what and how many guesses we make, we still won't have this solved until the lyrics are officially released.
06-16-2006, 07:51 AM

"I own the TV"
"Frown out your one face"
"Drum on"
"Creduloused at best"
"Pull your head on out your hippy haze"
Old 06-16-2006, 07:51 AM   #637
Level 8 - Vociferous

"I own the TV"
"Drum on"
"Creduloused at best"
SunBurN's Avatar SunBurN
06-16-2006, 08:12 AM

Quote:
"I own the TV"
"Drum on"
"Creduloused at best"
I don't think it's "I own the TV", that just sounds silly.

It's either Eye on the TV or I am the TV...although I'm leaning towards Eye on the TV.

Credulous at best

Pull your head on out your happy haze.. but it might be hippy too..hard to tell for sure..
Old 06-16-2006, 08:12 AM   #638

Quote:
"I own the TV"
"Drum on"
"Creduloused at best"

It's either Eye on the TV or I am the TV...although I'm leaning towards Eye on the TV.

Credulous at best

Pull your head on out your happy haze.. but it might be hippy too..hard to tell for sure..
06-18-2006, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBurN

Credulous at best

Why is "I own the TV" silly?

"Eye on the TV" is faaaaar sillier and it only makes sense if you think of it as a broken sentence.

"My eye is on the TV" would be broken into "Eye on the TV" and that's just plain sloppy.

Plus it SOUNDS like "I OWN the TV."

"I own the TV because tragedy thrills me." There, the person singing to us is explaining why they own their TV, because they enjoy watching tragedy.

I don't see why this is so hard to understand.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:46 PM   #639
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBurN

Credulous at best

Why is "I own the TV" silly?

"Eye on the TV" is faaaaar sillier and it only makes sense if you think of it as a broken sentence.

"My eye is on the TV" would be broken into "Eye on the TV" and that's just plain sloppy.

Plus it SOUNDS like "I OWN the TV."

"I own the TV because tragedy thrills me." There, the person singing to us is explaining why they own their TV, because they enjoy watching tragedy.

I don't see why this is so hard to understand.
06-19-2006, 12:38 AM

That weren't suggestions, that were the correct ones.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:38 AM   #640
Level 8 - Vociferous

That weren't suggestions, that were the correct ones.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply