opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: May-July 2006
User Name
Password
Old 05-20-2006, 08:26 PM   #121
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

Something I noticed was that Maynard did not substitute "fuck L. Ron Hubbard" with "fuck Rupert Murdoch"

And was it just me or was Danny's drum kit riser way over to the far right at the beginning of the show and then later it seemed to be more centered near Maynard? Either it was moved or I was on crack.

If anyone noticed a girl with red and black synthetic dread locks and black framed glasses, that was me.

My brother also pointed out that there weren't a lot of whores at the show. I commented that it was nice not to see the sluts out and about, thinking they can get backstage and fuck the band, haha.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2006, 09:44 PM   #122
Level 4 - Thinker

Here's something I made today (I know, I'm such a tool nerd):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fortytwo/150206610/

I figured some of you might enjoy it. Tell me what you think. It's definitely open for modification.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:02 AM   #123
in the fade

Bincount™: 36

Seen them about a dozen times across every tour since 92 both in Canada and the States and they always kill - irrespective of nuances about sound and crowd and visual and setlist, you know the music and playing is so fuckin strong that even on what some call a "bad night", you're in for an assault!!!

Anyway, here's my dissectional on the Hummingbird show for the historical record for whatever its worth:

I was up front in row "D" centre - and as always the closer you are the more intense the show - went to the head during Schism (say what you want but fans know if you've been drinking and have to piss you go to the can during Schism!), anyway I noticed on the way the sound and sights from the back were pretty good too - volume was loud and low-end was solid - I could always use more - but aside from an early washout or two - decibals were on.

Again, say what you want, but Toronto crowds tend to be conservative - we had a whole slew of folks losing their minds around us, but the Hummingbird's too sanitary for my liking for a Tool gig (wondered how they were going to get all of our burns out of the carpetting!) and security was a bit much - imagine General Adimission floors and you know your're dealing with a different vibe...bring back GA I say!!!!

Anyway, the only critique I can find and I'm stretching here - is that although some of the visuals had me losing my fucking mind, at times the flamimg flames seemed a bit too obligatory Windows cheesy digital if you know what I mean....that's about it

So fuck all that - watching Justin kick out the bass lines to Vicarious was alone worth being there - he is so underrated - fuckin loved it. Adam and Danny smoked - and Maynard, sick or not, can't go wrong can he? Other highlights were watching them kill Jambi - that was fuckin awesome - Right in Two pasted a million mile smile on my face, and as always the close out to Lateralus made me wet!

Would have loved to seen the Pot, and missed the Patient and Parabola - but fuck it, Tool's finally on tour motherfucker and I'll be all over the Northeast gigs in the fall... and you know they're going to come heavier and tighter....see you then!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #124
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetisha
Something I noticed was that Maynard did not substitute "fuck L. Ron Hubbard" with "fuck Rupert Murdoch"

And was it just me or was Danny's drum kit riser way over to the far right at the beginning of the show and then later it seemed to be more centered near Maynard? Either it was moved or I was on crack.

If anyone noticed a girl with red and black synthetic dread locks and black framed glasses, that was me.

My brother also pointed out that there weren't a lot of whores at the show. I commented that it was nice not to see the sluts out and about, thinking they can get backstage and fuck the band, haha.

Agreed...there were a lot more women at this show than i am used to, but the girls I usually see at concerts barely know the music, and just sashay (sp) their drunk ghetto booties around trolling for backstage access.
They usually make me itchy when they walk by.
I was the guy losing his mind in WW section for Aenima, 46x2, Vicarious, Jambi and Stinkfist
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-23-2006, 02:13 PM   #125
Level 1 - Lurker

Hey, i havnt beebn able to post i was busy for a while.. I was sitting in X on the Mez. It was my first ever concert, and it just blew me away. I know so many people that wanted to go to this concert, and didnt go. I bought 2 shirts, and the poster. $110, but money was no issue. I came all the way from Nova Scotia to see this concert. My favorite was either Schism, or Aenima, although i liked all of them.. Great Performance. When they come back i plan on going again aswell.

Someone stated they saw Darcy Tucker, and Bryan McKabe there?? Where were they seated? I also waited in the back for them to come out.. I was lucky enough to shake Justin's hand, and got Danny's autograph. Maynard came running out with a towel on his head.. and he walked right beside me.. i felt like pushin him.. heh..

Does ayone have any pics of the concert.. if so can u let me know.. thanx.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: