Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
IC's Avatar IC
08-19-2004, 05:42 PM

cool man. i dont think anyone signed up for H yet, so go for it.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:42 PM   #161
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575
Re: Tribute to Tool Part II

cool man. i dont think anyone signed up for H yet, so go for it.
08-19-2004, 06:43 PM

no i really don't like the digitech, it can get the job done to a degree but it's too abrasive and i hate the fuss of messing with all the knobs and programming things..... in that regard i prefer the marshall.

the delay is 100% marshall, the phaser and synth sounds are from cool edit pro, and surprisingly pretty good with just using presets and some tinkering.

so the synth is my teese rmc3 (great wah pedal but it's wasted on my SS amp) and then I equed it with tons of bass and stuff in CEP, and then I put a "synth" phaser present on it from cool edit.... and.. the sort of droning synth notes were just me playing guitar then putting the CEP phaser on it.....

the rest of the sound is not effect laden at all, I didn't even want to begin to try to nail adam's flange... so, it's just my good old dissonant guitar/amp settings throughout the entire song, minus the solo/interlude piece which, i just told you about.

i might've put cool edit reverb on some things too, but mainly i just have a tiny almost unnoticeable amount of amp reverb on.

I recommend pirating CEP *disclaimer piracy is evil, etc* *wink wink*
arrrrr matey, etc. You can PM me for more info if you're desperate.
Though... I obviously do not endorse piracy
and the version i have is largely defunct, so that makes it more acceptable, too.

Last edited by holy reality; 08-19-2004 at 06:47 PM..
Old 08-19-2004, 06:43 PM   #162
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1129

no i really don't like the digitech, it can get the job done to a degree but it's too abrasive and i hate the fuss of messing with all the knobs and programming things..... in that regard i prefer the marshall.

the delay is 100% marshall, the phaser and synth sounds are from cool edit pro, and surprisingly pretty good with just using presets and some tinkering.

so the synth is my teese rmc3 (great wah pedal but it's wasted on my SS amp) and then I equed it with tons of bass and stuff in CEP, and then I put a "synth" phaser present on it from cool edit.... and.. the sort of droning synth notes were just me playing guitar then putting the CEP phaser on it.....

the rest of the sound is not effect laden at all, I didn't even want to begin to try to nail adam's flange... so, it's just my good old dissonant guitar/amp settings throughout the entire song, minus the solo/interlude piece which, i just told you about.

i might've put cool edit reverb on some things too, but mainly i just have a tiny almost unnoticeable amount of amp reverb on.

I recommend pirating CEP *disclaimer piracy is evil, etc* *wink wink*
arrrrr matey, etc. You can PM me for more info if you're desperate.
Though... I obviously do not endorse piracy
and the version i have is largely defunct, so that makes it more acceptable, too.

Last edited by holy reality; 08-19-2004 at 06:47 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
deviatedwolf625's Avatar deviatedwolf625
08-19-2004, 07:16 PM

I'll get a Cold and Ugly bass track up on my site tonight. BTW I've got a huge amount of webspace, and soon I should have my own .com, so if anyone needs a place to host, let me know. I will be the host-er for this. And if anyone can design an upload page, that'd be EVEN COOLER. Trust me on that one :)

Hell, I'll work on stinkfist too, and do you want me to record 46&2 on a fretless?

BTW, hopefully AOM gets a whole bunch of FX for recording programs, the ones I got from him were amazingly awesome. the flanger, phaser, chorus, and reverb beat the SHIT out of the CEP ones, anyday, as did the standard delay. The multitap delay on CEP is an awesome little device though, you can do all sorts of wacked out shit with it.

OK, poll: For my bass tracks, I can go psycho on the mixing job, or I can try to nail Justin's tone. Which do you guys want?

Proud sponser of greenfever, Red Eye Jedi and amanda_lynn. They're mine, unless you've got 20$.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:16 PM   #163
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 230

I'll get a Cold and Ugly bass track up on my site tonight. BTW I've got a huge amount of webspace, and soon I should have my own .com, so if anyone needs a place to host, let me know. I will be the host-er for this. And if anyone can design an upload page, that'd be EVEN COOLER. Trust me on that one :)

Hell, I'll work on stinkfist too, and do you want me to record 46&2 on a fretless?

BTW, hopefully AOM gets a whole bunch of FX for recording programs, the ones I got from him were amazingly awesome. the flanger, phaser, chorus, and reverb beat the SHIT out of the CEP ones, anyday, as did the standard delay. The multitap delay on CEP is an awesome little device though, you can do all sorts of wacked out shit with it.

OK, poll: For my bass tracks, I can go psycho on the mixing job, or I can try to nail Justin's tone. Which do you guys want?

Proud sponser of greenfever, Red Eye Jedi and amanda_lynn. They're mine, unless you've got 20$.
holy reality's Avatar holy reality
08-19-2004, 08:24 PM

can you do a little of both?

like justins tone but maybe a bit of your own flavor to it, while still trying to say semi-traditional.

like me i went for adam's tone to the best of my ability (it sounds better in person than direct in, believe me... especially cranked a bit, this is like 0 volume recording) but ... well i did my funky little thing with the solo.... still in lieu of Jones though.

and do you guys really approve of the solo? i'm insecure and all so i have to ask to make sure.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:24 PM   #164

can you do a little of both?

like justins tone but maybe a bit of your own flavor to it, while still trying to say semi-traditional.

like me i went for adam's tone to the best of my ability (it sounds better in person than direct in, believe me... especially cranked a bit, this is like 0 volume recording) but ... well i did my funky little thing with the solo.... still in lieu of Jones though.

and do you guys really approve of the solo? i'm insecure and all so i have to ask to make sure.
EricMatthewLeavell
08-19-2004, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy reality
Second guitar? The "synth" that's all Adam man..... he plays it with his foot..... or do you mean the swelling chords? Or the dissonant notes matching his singing? I just thought they sounded pretty good, INCLUDING the bass (which i was listening to via official track at the time....)

That's how he plays it, mine might be a bit more sticking out but he totally has that wicky wicky pick scrapey nu-metal sound while he's playing it man.
Okay, for the interlude, there's no synth. The held out note before you get the bass accompanying the guitar (the bass is doing the same notes as guitar, but whammying an octave higher), anyway, that held out note is the bass also.

at 3:48, that's the bass

then at 4:01 that's the bass coming in to match the guitar

no synth.

and with my complaints about the nu-metal palm muting... i guess you're right, i just didn't remember it right, but i listened back and you're right.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:25 PM   #165
Banned.

Bincount™: 23

Quote:
Second guitar? The "synth" that's all Adam man..... he plays it with his foot..... or do you mean the swelling chords? Or the dissonant notes matching his singing? I just thought they sounded pretty good, INCLUDING the bass (which i was listening to via official track at the time....)

That's how he plays it, mine might be a bit more sticking out but he totally has that wicky wicky pick scrapey nu-metal sound while he's playing it man.
Okay, for the interlude, there's no synth. The held out note before you get the bass accompanying the guitar (the bass is doing the same notes as guitar, but whammying an octave higher), anyway, that held out note is the bass also.

at 3:48, that's the bass

then at 4:01 that's the bass coming in to match the guitar

no synth.

and with my complaints about the nu-metal palm muting... i guess you're right, i just didn't remember it right, but i listened back and you're right.
IC's Avatar IC
08-20-2004, 06:46 AM

hey dieviatedwolf, thats very cool about the web space. When you mean design an upload page, do you mean like a layout? I might be able to do that. And its very cool you are doin those tracks, you think you could do schism? BTW whats your site?
Old 08-20-2004, 06:46 AM   #166
IC
resident flamer

hey dieviatedwolf, thats very cool about the web space. When you mean design an upload page, do you mean like a layout? I might be able to do that. And its very cool you are doin those tracks, you think you could do schism? BTW whats your site?
08-20-2004, 07:12 AM

Hey guys, im new here but I have been checking out this thread for a while. First off, I would like to give props to InnerCombustion and HolyReality for their skills. I am hoping to see the finished products, so far it sounds great. Anyway, I heard that you guys are looking for someone to play Lateralus on guitar. I would like to take part but I dont really have any good recording equip./skills. Heres my take on Lateralus.

Really turn up ur volume...hehe

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/jt0/lateralus.mp3
Old 08-20-2004, 07:12 AM   #167
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

Hey guys, im new here but I have been checking out this thread for a while. First off, I would like to give props to InnerCombustion and HolyReality for their skills. I am hoping to see the finished products, so far it sounds great. Anyway, I heard that you guys are looking for someone to play Lateralus on guitar. I would like to take part but I dont really have any good recording equip./skills. Heres my take on Lateralus.

Really turn up ur volume...hehe

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/jt0/lateralus.mp3
IC's Avatar IC
08-20-2004, 07:26 AM

the sites down for now, when alot of people downlaod from it the bandwidth goes on crack..but I should be able to download it in a while.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:26 AM   #168
IC
resident flamer

the sites down for now, when alot of people downlaod from it the bandwidth goes on crack..but I should be able to download it in a while.
08-20-2004, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb
First off, I would like to give props to InnerCombustion and HolyReality for their skills.
By the way thanks man
Old 08-20-2004, 07:27 AM   #169
IC
resident flamer

Quote:
First off, I would like to give props to InnerCombustion and HolyReality for their skills.
By the way thanks man
08-20-2004, 07:58 AM

Hey! They shutdown my link because they said I violated their terms of agreement. WTF that sucks. Where can I host my files for free?
Old 08-20-2004, 07:58 AM   #170
Level 3 - Talker

Hey! They shutdown my link because they said I violated their terms of agreement. WTF that sucks. Where can I host my files for free?
UncomfortablyNumb
08-20-2004, 08:42 AM

Ahhh...I think I finally got it working now.

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/88/index.html
Old 08-20-2004, 08:42 AM   #171
Level 3 - Talker

Ahhh...I think I finally got it working now.

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/88/index.html
IC's Avatar IC
08-20-2004, 09:22 AM

Wow that was pretty impressive. Im still learning lateralis on drums-the verse is a bit tricky and there's one sincopated beat that I have yet to look at in the bridge. But I would love to do lateralis. Maybe we could mix it up a bit too..any suggestions?
Old 08-20-2004, 09:22 AM   #172
IC
resident flamer

Wow that was pretty impressive. Im still learning lateralis on drums-the verse is a bit tricky and there's one sincopated beat that I have yet to look at in the bridge. But I would love to do lateralis. Maybe we could mix it up a bit too..any suggestions?
08-20-2004, 09:55 AM

Eric, I've read articles stating Adam plays synth (a virus?) with his foot....

as for the other stuff you're talking about it's just stuff I added in.... and i don't think it's identical for the bass part, which leaves you room to do the bass part, or do whatever little thing you want to do...... I can post an fx free solo version if you want though.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:55 AM   #173

Eric, I've read articles stating Adam plays synth (a virus?) with his foot....

as for the other stuff you're talking about it's just stuff I added in.... and i don't think it's identical for the bass part, which leaves you room to do the bass part, or do whatever little thing you want to do...... I can post an fx free solo version if you want though.
IC's Avatar IC
08-20-2004, 10:14 AM

yeah when can you put a bass track up eric
Old 08-20-2004, 10:14 AM   #174
IC
resident flamer

yeah when can you put a bass track up eric
08-20-2004, 10:37 AM

yeah i'm uploading final version, fixed the slightly off intro and, put the hammer ons in the "solo" and covered up the sour note in the heavyish part of the solo.

and also a no fx version is up too.
www.angelfire.com/hiphop3/holyreality1
( i mean i guess there might be a few small flaws in here but i'd feel fine with calling it a final version)
well actually i dunno if the hammer ons really work well with this, i could take them out...... but....

Last edited by holy reality; 08-20-2004 at 10:40 AM..
Old 08-20-2004, 10:37 AM   #175

yeah i'm uploading final version, fixed the slightly off intro and, put the hammer ons in the "solo" and covered up the sour note in the heavyish part of the solo.

and also a no fx version is up too.
www.angelfire.com/hiphop3/holyreality1
( i mean i guess there might be a few small flaws in here but i'd feel fine with calling it a final version)
well actually i dunno if the hammer ons really work well with this, i could take them out...... but....

Last edited by holy reality; 08-20-2004 at 10:40 AM..
UncomfortablyNumb
08-20-2004, 10:59 AM

Hey HolyRealiity, what kinda equipment did you use for recording schism (programs, equip., etc.)? The only thing I use is my crappy mic and sound recorder. I really need to upgrade! I am interested in doing some of these projects.

InnerCombustion, if you can lay some drum tracks for Lateralus, I will try and add some guitar layer over it. I can also play many more songs like stinkfist, schism, hooker with a penis, eulogy, opiate, the patient, grudge, parabol/parabola, sober, and even most tracks for the salival album like no quarter, pushit, and some of you lied. If you want me demonstrate one of these songs, I will be more than happy to.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:59 AM   #176
Level 3 - Talker

Hey HolyRealiity, what kinda equipment did you use for recording schism (programs, equip., etc.)? The only thing I use is my crappy mic and sound recorder. I really need to upgrade! I am interested in doing some of these projects.

InnerCombustion, if you can lay some drum tracks for Lateralus, I will try and add some guitar layer over it. I can also play many more songs like stinkfist, schism, hooker with a penis, eulogy, opiate, the patient, grudge, parabol/parabola, sober, and even most tracks for the salival album like no quarter, pushit, and some of you lied. If you want me demonstrate one of these songs, I will be more than happy to.
08-20-2004, 11:38 AM

http://toolshed.down.net/opinion/for...&postcount=180

just scroll up a bit, I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0
Old 08-20-2004, 11:38 AM   #177

http://toolshed.down.net/opinion/for...&postcount=180

just scroll up a bit, I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0
n00b
08-20-2004, 12:48 PM

I'd be interested in contributing some guitar parts.. Although I can't seem to get my computer to record anything at the moment..

I've only been playing for about 8 months, self-taught, but I think I'm ok.. when I get it working I'll upload some stuff for you guys to listen to and you can see if you approve.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:48 PM   #178
Banned.

Bincount™: 822

I'd be interested in contributing some guitar parts.. Although I can't seem to get my computer to record anything at the moment..

I've only been playing for about 8 months, self-taught, but I think I'm ok.. when I get it working I'll upload some stuff for you guys to listen to and you can see if you approve.
08-20-2004, 01:20 PM

OK. My current website is www.eon-blue.com/deviatedwolf625. If I've got about 20$ after buying car parts today, I will sign up for a deviatedwolf625.com tonight, and get my uploader working.

Innercombustion: i am talking about a web page that allows you to browse a file on your computer and then click upload, and it puts it on the site. and then you can view it.

So, if I do have 20$, I will buy us (tdn in general) some FUCKING WEBSPACE so we don't have to worry about finding goddamn angelfire sites.

The new layered version is sweet. Not a single timing issue holy, and JESUS does it sound RICH. Excuse me while I spank the monkey.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT HAPPY NOODLE BOY! YOUR MOTHER LIKES CHEESE! THE SKY WILL ONLY FALL IN ON MONTANA! YOU MAY FIND HAPPINESS IN YOUR ANAL CAVITY! DON'T LOOK, THERE'S A PENGUIN THERE!

Old 08-20-2004, 01:20 PM   #179
Level 9 - Obstreperous

OK. My current website is www.eon-blue.com/deviatedwolf625. If I've got about 20$ after buying car parts today, I will sign up for a deviatedwolf625.com tonight, and get my uploader working.

Innercombustion: i am talking about a web page that allows you to browse a file on your computer and then click upload, and it puts it on the site. and then you can view it.

So, if I do have 20$, I will buy us (tdn in general) some FUCKING WEBSPACE so we don't have to worry about finding goddamn angelfire sites.

The new layered version is sweet. Not a single timing issue holy, and JESUS does it sound RICH. Excuse me while I spank the monkey.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT HAPPY NOODLE BOY! YOUR MOTHER LIKES CHEESE! THE SKY WILL ONLY FALL IN ON MONTANA! YOU MAY FIND HAPPINESS IN YOUR ANAL CAVITY! DON'T LOOK, THERE'S A PENGUIN THERE!

08-20-2004, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviatedwolf625

whoa

i've done some thinking and i think i agree it's justin on whammy doing the "synth" part....
Old 08-20-2004, 01:27 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviatedwolf625

whoa

i've done some thinking and i think i agree it's justin on whammy doing the "synth" part....
IC's Avatar IC
08-20-2004, 01:56 PM

Quote:

Thats cool you know all those songs, it does open horizons. However, you did pick a few songs that are very difficult for drums..haha. I can actually make it through the grudge, but the solo at the end is nearly impossible. Of the songs you listen, I can play right now:
Eulogy, Opiate, Stinkfist, Schism, Sober, No Quarter, and You Lied.

Give me some time to practice lateralis, its a bit tricky. Then I'll try to have a recording for you all a.s.a.p. of every Tool song I can play on drums. Or at least most, just in case if anyone is interested, they have something to base it off of.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:56 PM   #181
IC
resident flamer

Quote:

Thats cool you know all those songs, it does open horizons. However, you did pick a few songs that are very difficult for drums..haha. I can actually make it through the grudge, but the solo at the end is nearly impossible. Of the songs you listen, I can play right now:
Eulogy, Opiate, Stinkfist, Schism, Sober, No Quarter, and You Lied.

Give me some time to practice lateralis, its a bit tricky. Then I'll try to have a recording for you all a.s.a.p. of every Tool song I can play on drums. Or at least most, just in case if anyone is interested, they have something to base it off of.
08-20-2004, 02:03 PM

we're working you to death man....

can you do T&L? I think I know most of it. Know most of Lateralus too.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:03 PM   #182

we're working you to death man....

can you do T&L? I think I know most of it. Know most of Lateralus too.
IC's Avatar IC
08-20-2004, 02:35 PM

Quote:

can you do T&L?
can I ever. Well, I do my best. The straight double bass 16ths 3rd time through is a bit tricky, but I play along to it often. I'll try to record that too, and if any one wants requests, I can play these songs fully on drums:

(In album order:)
Sweat
Hush
Cold and Ugly
Opiate
Intolerance
Prison Sex
Sober
Undertow
Stinkfist
Eulogy
H.
46&2
Third Eye
Schism
Parabola
Ticks and Leeches
Reflection

and there ya go.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:35 PM   #183
IC
resident flamer

Quote:

can you do T&L?
can I ever. Well, I do my best. The straight double bass 16ths 3rd time through is a bit tricky, but I play along to it often. I'll try to record that too, and if any one wants requests, I can play these songs fully on drums:

(In album order:)
Sweat
Hush
Cold and Ugly
Opiate
Intolerance
Prison Sex
Sober
Undertow
Stinkfist
Eulogy
H.
46&2
Third Eye
Schism
Parabola
Ticks and Leeches
Reflection

and there ya go.
08-20-2004, 02:57 PM

if anyone wants it-heres the new layered version sporting Holy's mixed down 4 track of schism:

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/tdn
Old 08-20-2004, 02:57 PM   #184
IC
resident flamer

if anyone wants it-heres the new layered version sporting Holy's mixed down 4 track of schism:

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/tdn
08-20-2004, 04:29 PM

you kick so much ass!
Old 08-20-2004, 04:29 PM   #185

you kick so much ass!
IC's Avatar IC
08-20-2004, 04:50 PM

hm..Primus, Dream Theater, Deftones, Incubus, A Perfect Circle, Alice in Chains, Rage Against the Machine..along them lines
Old 08-20-2004, 04:50 PM   #186
IC
resident flamer

hm..Primus, Dream Theater, Deftones, Incubus, A Perfect Circle, Alice in Chains, Rage Against the Machine..along them lines
08-20-2004, 05:21 PM

it is a piccolo snare
Old 08-20-2004, 05:21 PM   #187
IC
resident flamer

it is a piccolo snare
08-20-2004, 06:03 PM

haha thanks
Old 08-20-2004, 06:03 PM   #188
IC
resident flamer

haha thanks
08-20-2004, 07:32 PM

ok I don't know schism, but hey, I'll work on 46 and 2, crawl away, and hush (3 tool songs I REALLY know on bass). I also know the extended pushit, but that's a little much for one night.

www.eon-blue.com/deviatedwolf625

I'm recording immediately after I post this, so give me an hour or so.

Ok, update 1: Title: GOOD AND BAD NEWS.

Good news: The recording was fun.

Bad news: I fixed my mixer

UPDATE 2: Stick the knife in.

Got crawl away. Posted. I think I'll REPOST once I have a preamp (about 3 weeks, I'm sorry, or at least my next paycheck where I've got money spare). It's clipped cuz my mixer's shitty, and I'm getting weird harmonics with the slaps.

So besides, and let me know what you think.

www.eon-blue.com/deviatedwolf625/crawl_away.mp3

Last edited by deviatedwolf625; 08-21-2004 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: I'm rocket collecting
Old 08-20-2004, 07:32 PM   #189
Level 9 - Obstreperous

ok I don't know schism, but hey, I'll work on 46 and 2, crawl away, and hush (3 tool songs I REALLY know on bass). I also know the extended pushit, but that's a little much for one night.

www.eon-blue.com/deviatedwolf625

I'm recording immediately after I post this, so give me an hour or so.

Ok, update 1: Title: GOOD AND BAD NEWS.

Good news: The recording was fun.

Bad news: I fixed my mixer

UPDATE 2: Stick the knife in.

Got crawl away. Posted. I think I'll REPOST once I have a preamp (about 3 weeks, I'm sorry, or at least my next paycheck where I've got money spare). It's clipped cuz my mixer's shitty, and I'm getting weird harmonics with the slaps.

So besides, and let me know what you think.

www.eon-blue.com/deviatedwolf625/crawl_away.mp3

Last edited by deviatedwolf625; 08-21-2004 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: I'm rocket collecting
IC's Avatar IC
08-20-2004, 07:43 PM

Ok cool, VERY cool. Its late where I am..almost midnight and Im tired, and I think u posted this recently, so I'll check back in the morning. Good luck with the mixer
Old 08-20-2004, 07:43 PM   #190
IC
resident flamer

Ok cool, VERY cool. Its late where I am..almost midnight and Im tired, and I think u posted this recently, so I'll check back in the morning. Good luck with the mixer
08-20-2004, 09:18 PM

Update: I can't record anymore tonight, too late. I didn't get a good take on anything but crawl away.

Old 08-20-2004, 09:18 PM   #191
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Update: I can't record anymore tonight, too late. I didn't get a good take on anything but crawl away.

EricMatthewLeavell
08-21-2004, 12:03 AM

sorry, i've been doing a lot of recording with my band, and i've been busy, i'll try to get on it soon
Old 08-21-2004, 12:03 AM   #192
Banned.

sorry, i've been doing a lot of recording with my band, and i've been busy, i'll try to get on it soon
IC's Avatar IC
08-21-2004, 07:26 AM

EML ok man get it down when its convenient for you

Crawl Away-Love the sound of the bass, I'll see if ican do a drum track, but that bridge is tricky
Old 08-21-2004, 07:26 AM   #193
IC
resident flamer

EML ok man get it down when its convenient for you

Crawl Away-Love the sound of the bass, I'll see if ican do a drum track, but that bridge is tricky
08-21-2004, 10:34 AM

the demo version of that song is insane on the bridge part. I can't fingerplay that fast, let alone pick. I might be able to SLAP that fast ... but that's still pretty crazy.

Alright, well, wait until I get my preamp. If the tube amp I ordered is what I want ... *grin* fat bass distortion ... omg ... I <3 ... *jizzes randomly* the mental sludge is overwhelming ...

Alright. I'm done.

I'll try to drag my mixer in tonight and record 46 and 2, or just record in general. I'm kinda out of energy and i have a lot of other shit that needs to get done, so i might just poop out, and if so, i'm sorry ...

Old 08-21-2004, 10:34 AM   #194
Level 9 - Obstreperous

the demo version of that song is insane on the bridge part. I can't fingerplay that fast, let alone pick. I might be able to SLAP that fast ... but that's still pretty crazy.

Alright, well, wait until I get my preamp. If the tube amp I ordered is what I want ... *grin* fat bass distortion ... omg ... I <3 ... *jizzes randomly* the mental sludge is overwhelming ...

Alright. I'm done.

I'll try to drag my mixer in tonight and record 46 and 2, or just record in general. I'm kinda out of energy and i have a lot of other shit that needs to get done, so i might just poop out, and if so, i'm sorry ...

08-21-2004, 11:32 AM

i could go for a tube amp myself.

but i'm a hearing conservationist so i'd probably not crank it and have to get an attenuator or something.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:32 AM   #195

i could go for a tube amp myself.

but i'm a hearing conservationist so i'd probably not crank it and have to get an attenuator or something.
08-21-2004, 12:34 PM

heh, I'm buying a tube pre-amp and I've got a solid-state poweramp. That's an idea, then you still have control over the overall volume, but you still get that tube sound.

bass preamps are a little more common than guitar ones though.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:34 PM   #196
Level 9 - Obstreperous

heh, I'm buying a tube pre-amp and I've got a solid-state poweramp. That's an idea, then you still have control over the overall volume, but you still get that tube sound.

bass preamps are a little more common than guitar ones though.

08-22-2004, 11:13 AM

hmm yeah i think we discussed this eons ago, that might be a good option, i'd need a cab though i don't think my speaker is of the highest integrity.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:13 AM   #197

hmm yeah i think we discussed this eons ago, that might be a good option, i'd need a cab though i don't think my speaker is of the highest integrity.
08-22-2004, 12:37 PM

www.avatarspeakers.com

It wouldn't cost that much to pimp you out a nice sounding setup, seriously. Assuming you sold all your old gear though, which, again, wouldn't be hard to do. Not actual guitars, just amp/effects, and buy a nice tube preamp (tech 21 SANSamp i've heard is good, esp. for distortion), and a poweramp (i got mine for 300 online, 125 watts stereo, about 300 if ran in mono), and a speaker cabinet. It'd be about a grand, but how much of that would be deducted through selling your current amp/effects setup?

Old 08-22-2004, 12:37 PM   #198
Level 9 - Obstreperous

www.avatarspeakers.com

It wouldn't cost that much to pimp you out a nice sounding setup, seriously. Assuming you sold all your old gear though, which, again, wouldn't be hard to do. Not actual guitars, just amp/effects, and buy a nice tube preamp (tech 21 SANSamp i've heard is good, esp. for distortion), and a poweramp (i got mine for 300 online, 125 watts stereo, about 300 if ran in mono), and a speaker cabinet. It'd be about a grand, but how much of that would be deducted through selling your current amp/effects setup?

EricMatthewLeavell
08-22-2004, 01:20 PM

sansAMP arn't tubes, they are tube emulation... probably the best tube emulation on the market, but still. For a guitar, go all tubes, because without the power tubes it'll sound like shit. On a bass a tube pre-amp is what you go for, but with a guitar, you need all tubes. Because the pre-amp tubes and power tubes all color your tone, and actually, the power tubes are what will give you a nice tube tone, the preamp tubes just will give you over drive, but the power tubes will warm it up, and make it sweet.

oh, and avatar cabs are amazingly good. The prices are going up though. I bought my 4x10 for 239, now it's 299... but for good measure, it's still worth it.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:20 PM   #199
Banned.

sansAMP arn't tubes, they are tube emulation... probably the best tube emulation on the market, but still. For a guitar, go all tubes, because without the power tubes it'll sound like shit. On a bass a tube pre-amp is what you go for, but with a guitar, you need all tubes. Because the pre-amp tubes and power tubes all color your tone, and actually, the power tubes are what will give you a nice tube tone, the preamp tubes just will give you over drive, but the power tubes will warm it up, and make it sweet.

oh, and avatar cabs are amazingly good. The prices are going up though. I bought my 4x10 for 239, now it's 299... but for good measure, it's still worth it.
08-22-2004, 01:44 PM

hmm... well i've heard mesas are all about preamp gain and marshalls power amp, so it kind of depends.

(i could have heard wrong) but yeah if i'm spending $1000 i figure why not just get a good head ?
Old 08-22-2004, 01:44 PM   #200

hmm... well i've heard mesas are all about preamp gain and marshalls power amp, so it kind of depends.

(i could have heard wrong) but yeah if i'm spending $1000 i figure why not just get a good head ?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply