Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
nocatharsis's Avatar nocatharsis
07-29-2007, 06:33 PM

are there any other X Files fans here? The last episode of season 6 and the first episode of season 7 kind of deal with a new age Rosetta Stone and upon first hearing the song it kind of made me think of that episode, because there's this stone tablet that has native american writing on it, and it turns out to be from the hull of a UFO. it eminates energy and Mulder gets put in the hospital in a coma but can read people's minds. meanwhile Scully gets help translating it, and it turns out to be passages from the Bible, which sparks this whole controversy that "god" is really extraterrestrial.

so i wonder if maybe that's what was revealed to the character in the song? maybe what they showed him fucked him up on top of his trip, like made him brain dead by the end of the song.

X Files or not though, it's definitely a great song on a great album.

Last edited by nocatharsis; 07-29-2007 at 06:36 PM..
Old 07-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Rosetta Stoned and X Files

are there any other X Files fans here? The last episode of season 6 and the first episode of season 7 kind of deal with a new age Rosetta Stone and upon first hearing the song it kind of made me think of that episode, because there's this stone tablet that has native american writing on it, and it turns out to be from the hull of a UFO. it eminates energy and Mulder gets put in the hospital in a coma but can read people's minds. meanwhile Scully gets help translating it, and it turns out to be passages from the Bible, which sparks this whole controversy that "god" is really extraterrestrial.

so i wonder if maybe that's what was revealed to the character in the song? maybe what they showed him fucked him up on top of his trip, like made him brain dead by the end of the song.

Last edited by nocatharsis; 07-29-2007 at 06:36 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
07-30-2007, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocatharsis View Post

Who ever said God wasn't an alien? Silly conspiracy buffs.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: Rosetta Stoned and X Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocatharsis View Post

Who ever said God wasn't an alien? Silly conspiracy buffs.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply