Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 10. Right in Two
User Name
Password
parables in the world's Avatar parables in the world
07-13-2007, 04:48 PM

it's "benched". Thats what i hear and it makes clear sense to me....look at my post above, as people obviously have missed....but lyrics aren't that important....right?

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.

Last edited by parables in the world; 07-13-2007 at 04:51 PM..
Old 07-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #41
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14
Re: Patience and Reason

it's "benched". Thats what i hear and it makes clear sense to me....look at my post above, as people obviously have missed....but lyrics aren't that important....right?

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.

Last edited by parables in the world; 07-13-2007 at 04:51 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
The Holy Gift's Avatar The Holy Gift
07-15-2007, 09:32 AM

yes, we know benched, "look at my post above" like right above yours....i confirmed it is benched. i guess "people have obviously missed" ...:-/
Old 07-15-2007, 09:32 AM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

yes, we know benched, "look at my post above" like right above yours....i confirmed it is benched. i guess "people have obviously missed" ...:-/
07-15-2007, 09:46 AM

I still hear "Picture love with patience and reason." I'm 99% sure that's what the line is. But hey, I guess we won't know until the official lyrics come out which by my calculations should be sometime around 2025.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:46 AM   #43
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

I still hear "Picture love with patience and reason." I'm 99% sure that's what the line is. But hey, I guess we won't know until the official lyrics come out which by my calculations should be sometime around 2025.
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-15-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
2025 may be a bit optimistic =P.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:14 PM   #44
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
2025 may be a bit optimistic =P.
07-16-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
Maybe the lesson is "don't give so much of a fuck about the lyrics?"
I hear this alot..my brother seems to think the same way. I think what happens here is the clash of two different types of people. There are those that find more meaning and enjoyment when they don't analyze the lyrics and focus primarily on the music. Then there are those who learn the lyrics, find them elequent and meaningful and want to discuss them futher...I don't really know if there's much use in debating on who's analysis of the lyrics are more in tune with what Maynard ment; but i'm not sure if diminishing the importance of the lyrics is the right way to go either. So, Maybe its a balancing act of both; or more over, a blending of the two; each having their appropriate place in the piece of art handed to us in the form of a song. Still, I see no reason that people should have to suppress their desire to discuss the music or the lyrics. However, I do tend to skip over posts that get stuck in the rut of distiguishing one or two exact words, but some discussions over the lyrics can, at times, lead to a meaningful exchange.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:55 AM   #45
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
Maybe the lesson is "don't give so much of a fuck about the lyrics?"
I hear this alot..my brother seems to think the same way. I think what happens here is the clash of two different types of people. There are those that find more meaning and enjoyment when they don't analyze the lyrics and focus primarily on the music. Then there are those who learn the lyrics, find them elequent and meaningful and want to discuss them futher...I don't really know if there's much use in debating on who's analysis of the lyrics are more in tune with what Maynard ment; but i'm not sure if diminishing the importance of the lyrics is the right way to go either. So, Maybe its a balancing act of both; or more over, a blending of the two; each having their appropriate place in the piece of art handed to us in the form of a song. Still, I see no reason that people should have to suppress their desire to discuss the music or the lyrics. However, I do tend to skip over posts that get stuck in the rut of distiguishing one or two exact words, but some discussions over the lyrics can, at times, lead to a meaningful exchange.
Nikeda-Taylor
02-09-2008, 06:14 PM

I thought it was something like that before. Then i looked at the lyrics. Look at the lyrics. ok?
Old 02-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #46
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I thought it was something like that before. Then i looked at the lyrics. Look at the lyrics. ok?
02-09-2008, 11:23 PM

I've always heard "Been too long"

Last edited by ufopancakes; 02-09-2008 at 11:26 PM..
Old 02-09-2008, 11:23 PM   #47
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1

I've always heard "Been too long"

Last edited by ufopancakes; 02-09-2008 at 11:26 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply