Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 10. Right in Two
User Name
Password
parables in the world's Avatar parables in the world
10-23-2007, 01:45 AM

It introduces angels on the sideline, puzzled and unamused, talking amongst each other. They ask each other why did father give them free will? and ask don't they know that theirs plenty in the garden of eden. Silly Monkeys...they always divide one into two.

time passes, and the angels this time are baffled and confused. they know that Father blessed them with Reason, yet this is what they choose to do: to kill each other over little pieces of ground. Silly monkeys, this time they forged a blade and divided it in two.
continuing with the killing, the monkeys made clubs to beat their brothers. The Angels don't know how they can survive so misguided. wasting the ability to look into heaven knowing you won't live here too long is offensive, and inconsistent.

So they cut it, divide it right in two.
Still they fight over land, sky, air. and push away love. fight over sun. claiming it as their own. All for what, their lives and time ending.

Times passes, and the angels are again on the sideline, the monkeys haven't asked them at all to help, they are benched not able to play. Along with Patience and Reason. They sit wandering when it'll all end.

Thats basically the story for this song. How I see it, its about those people who are like monkeys, he's using the evolution theory to show us as monkeys, and how we are still like monkeys who were born with reason, paitence, yet we fight over who has ownership of Everything, and we seperate what we have into two, when we could have one, and share from it. Pretty cool concept i must say. Their best. follows the Duality theme.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:45 AM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14
Right in Two story....

It introduces angels on the sideline, puzzled and unamused, talking amongst each other. They ask each other why did father give them free will? and ask don't they know that theirs plenty in the garden of eden. Silly Monkeys...they always divide one into two.

time passes, and the angels this time are baffled and confused. they know that Father blessed them with Reason, yet this is what they choose to do: to kill each other over little pieces of ground. Silly monkeys, this time they forged a blade and divided it in two.
continuing with the killing, the monkeys made clubs to beat their brothers. The Angels don't know how they can survive so misguided. wasting the ability to look into heaven knowing you won't live here too long is offensive, and inconsistent.

So they cut it, divide it right in two.
Still they fight over land, sky, air. and push away love. fight over sun. claiming it as their own. All for what, their lives and time ending.

Times passes, and the angels are again on the sideline, the monkeys haven't asked them at all to help, they are benched not able to play. Along with Patience and Reason. They sit wandering when it'll all end.

Thats basically the story for this song. How I see it, its about those people who are like monkeys, he's using the evolution theory to show us as monkeys, and how we are still like monkeys who were born with reason, paitence, yet we fight over who has ownership of Everything, and we seperate what we have into two, when we could have one, and share from it. Pretty cool concept i must say. Their best. follows the Duality theme.

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
wearethestories's Avatar wearethestories
10-23-2007, 05:21 AM

Can you develop the monkey theory towards the end of your post?

That is probably the best description I have heard of why "patience and reason" actually mean something in the song, and the evolutionary theory idea makes me want to go listen and speak on this some more.

Thanks.
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 10-23-2007, 05:21 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: Right in Two story....

Can you develop the monkey theory towards the end of your post?

That is probably the best description I have heard of why "patience and reason" actually mean something in the song, and the evolutionary theory idea makes me want to go listen and speak on this some more.

Thanks.
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
10-23-2007, 10:38 AM

I like this....that's pretty much exactly how I've always seen the song too. But I also thought that was something that should be obvious to everyone with an above 11 IQ.

One thing I would like to point out, as irrelevant as it is, clubs were created as weapons long before blades. =-P
Old 10-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #3
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

I like this....that's pretty much exactly how I've always seen the song too. But I also thought that was something that should be obvious to everyone with an above 11 IQ.

One thing I would like to point out, as irrelevant as it is, clubs were created as weapons long before blades. =-P
10-23-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post

Agreed.

I liked what he was saying about the evolutionary theory and how that relates to the angels.

And you're quite right about the clubs. They go well with seals.

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 10-23-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post

Agreed.

I liked what he was saying about the evolutionary theory and how that relates to the angels.

And you're quite right about the clubs. They go well with seals.

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
parables in the world's Avatar parables in the world
10-23-2007, 09:14 PM

well I see that the evolution theory is seen from an angels point of view. Like, he sees it as silly.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14

well I see that the evolution theory is seen from an angels point of view. Like, he sees it as silly.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply