mon-go-lloyd
06-09-2006, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Æsahættr
Wow.
Are you fucking stupid? Ignorant?
JUST LACKING IN INTELLIGENCE?

Mikael Åkerfeldt
Don't know who he is? Educate Yourself. He is, by far, a better vocalist then Maynard. Listen to his band's album, Damnation.
Don't be a moron. Don't tell people that they are stupid because they don't know who Mikael Åkerfeldt is.

Besides, Åkerfeldt can't fucking sing. He's a good guitar-player and screamer. But in a traditional vocal aspect. He's terrible. He's not even singing. It has no dynamics what so ever. The weakest element in Opeth is the "melody-vocals". End of fucking discussion, man.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:38 AM   #121
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: MJK Is the worlst part of 10,000 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Æsahættr
Wow.
Are you fucking stupid? Ignorant?
JUST LACKING IN INTELLIGENCE?

Mikael Åkerfeldt
Don't know who he is? Educate Yourself. He is, by far, a better vocalist then Maynard. Listen to his band's album, Damnation.
Don't be a moron. Don't tell people that they are stupid because they don't know who Mikael Åkerfeldt is.

Besides, Åkerfeldt can't fucking sing. He's a good guitar-player and screamer. But in a traditional vocal aspect. He's terrible. He's not even singing. It has no dynamics what so ever. The weakest element in Opeth is the "melody-vocals". End of fucking discussion, man.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Bloody's Avatar Bloody
06-09-2006, 11:09 AM

^ agreed!

Calling someone an idiot while pointing out your idiocy. You obviously aren't a singer. Mikael is not even close to maynards technical ability. Not even close.

Anyway, this album is great but I kind of agree. Maynards voice isn't the best thing about this album. The production of his voice is not done very well either. Plus i think most people are used to maynard showing off his range with every song and on this album he really isn't.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:09 AM   #122
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 76
Re: MJK Is the worst part of 10,000 days

^ agreed!

Calling someone an idiot while pointing out your idiocy. You obviously aren't a singer. Mikael is not even close to maynards technical ability. Not even close.

Anyway, this album is great but I kind of agree. Maynards voice isn't the best thing about this album. The production of his voice is not done very well either. Plus i think most people are used to maynard showing off his range with every song and on this album he really isn't.
Culb's Avatar Culb
06-09-2006, 11:33 AM

Honestly, nothing has changed in Tool. Nothing at all. Danny is still a fucking amazing drummer. Justin still plays the coolest bass riffs. Adam still plays his catchy, grinding, yet simple guitar riffs, and MJK still produces in the lyrics and vocals department. This sounds like Tool, this is Tool. This kicks ass.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:33 AM   #123
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123

Honestly, nothing has changed in Tool. Nothing at all. Danny is still a fucking amazing drummer. Justin still plays the coolest bass riffs. Adam still plays his catchy, grinding, yet simple guitar riffs, and MJK still produces in the lyrics and vocals department. This sounds like Tool, this is Tool. This kicks ass.
3poundsoflove's Avatar 3poundsoflove
06-09-2006, 11:41 AM

I've listened to Opeth (et similia... Anathema, Porcupine Tree, Katatonia... all the music coming from that scene) for a couple of years back in 2001>2003...
Now I'm so bored and tired of that music and lyrics which I feel so immature...
It's no more a part of me.

In Topic: Maynard? It's one of his warmer and intense performance this one on 10,000 Days.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #124
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

I've listened to Opeth (et similia... Anathema, Porcupine Tree, Katatonia... all the music coming from that scene) for a couple of years back in 2001>2003...
Now I'm so bored and tired of that music and lyrics which I feel so immature...
It's no more a part of me.

In Topic: Maynard? It's one of his warmer and intense performance this one on 10,000 Days.
jstar0492
06-09-2006, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMZ
Suck my cock, thank you, fuck off.
No, you're welcome, no.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:47 PM   #125
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
No, you're welcome, no.
Bloody's Avatar Bloody
06-09-2006, 12:55 PM

Quote:
The worst part about 10,000 Days is the fact that it was fucking made. As much as I love Tool or have loved Tool I think they should have gone down in a plane crash before this fucking stupid album.

is this not against the rules?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #126
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
The worst part about 10,000 Days is the fact that it was fucking made. As much as I love Tool or have loved Tool I think they should have gone down in a plane crash before this fucking stupid album.

is this not against the rules?
Garguantua's Avatar Garguantua
06-09-2006, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Luther
Complete offense intended to the above poster.

shut the fuck up.

Actually, he is correct. STFU Noob.

"Maynard's persona bugs me......he's this.... he's that...blah...blah...blah".

STFU already. His persona has not changed in one iota. He's the same guy on all the records. You just read way too much press the band permits themselves.

If you want some "rockstar" , "fan" friendly icon, go listen and post on Disturbed's website.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:50 PM   #127
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Luther
Complete offense intended to the above poster.

shut the fuck up.

Actually, he is correct. STFU Noob.

"Maynard's persona bugs me......he's this.... he's that...blah...blah...blah".

STFU already. His persona has not changed in one iota. He's the same guy on all the records. You just read way too much press the band permits themselves.

If you want some "rockstar" , "fan" friendly icon, go listen and post on Disturbed's website.
evfain
06-09-2006, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spekio474
Anyone else feel that MJK is the worst part of 10,000 Days?
Nah. Lyrically, some of it isn't my cup of tea (I like my Maynard optimistic), but I think he sounds pretty damn inspired most of the time on this. If there is a worst part of 10K Days, it's Adam. I think a lot more could have been done (ex: his solo on 10000 Days doesn't work for me). Still great most of the time but it's not my favorite from him.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #128
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Nah. Lyrically, some of it isn't my cup of tea (I like my Maynard optimistic), but I think he sounds pretty damn inspired most of the time on this. If there is a worst part of 10K Days, it's Adam. I think a lot more could have been done (ex: his solo on 10000 Days doesn't work for me). Still great most of the time but it's not my favorite from him.
Bloody's Avatar Bloody
06-09-2006, 02:05 PM

MJK is just weird. First he dressed up like a woman now he dresses up as a cowboy. He's just so...weird. That's all I can say. But I don't have a huge problem with his weirdness. It makes people laugh and that's his intention. I really liked when he wore that black shiny suit during the lateralus tour though.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #129
Level 8 - Vociferous

MJK is just weird. First he dressed up like a woman now he dresses up as a cowboy. He's just so...weird. That's all I can say. But I don't have a huge problem with his weirdness. It makes people laugh and that's his intention. I really liked when he wore that black shiny suit during the lateralus tour though.
Jayar's Avatar Jayar
06-09-2006, 02:05 PM

I like it.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #130
Suicide Booth ID: 15

Bincount™: 2221

I like it.
Bloody's Avatar Bloody
06-09-2006, 02:23 PM

Oh, I know. It is. He's still weird.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #131
Level 8 - Vociferous

Oh, I know. It is. He's still weird.
swampyfool's Avatar swampyfool
06-09-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volrath
What's the worst part?
That few seconds after the end of Viginti Tres- when I can't remember if I set the CD player to repeat the album or not.
But I'll pull through
Old 06-09-2006, 04:43 PM   #132
Ron Swampson

Bincount™: 5576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volrath
What's the worst part?
That few seconds after the end of Viginti Tres- when I can't remember if I set the CD player to repeat the album or not.
But I'll pull through
Jimtheaudi
06-09-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuccessfullyPriedOpen
I really can't think of a worst part to 10,000 days. Yes, it is different from their past albums, but if it wasn't, I would probably be disappointed. As far as the people who insist on finding fault and trashing the album, well they can lick MJK's hairy balls. I'm sure he would appreciate it.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #133
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuccessfullyPriedOpen
I really can't think of a worst part to 10,000 days. Yes, it is different from their past albums, but if it wasn't, I would probably be disappointed. As far as the people who insist on finding fault and trashing the album, well they can lick MJK's hairy balls. I'm sure he would appreciate it.
deuceman's Avatar deuceman
06-09-2006, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
Maynard on 10,000 Days > Maynard on Lateralus

On 10,000 Days he sings with emotion.
Umm, go listen to The Grudge, especially the scream, then listen to that scream over and over again.

Good. Now come back and tell me he lacks emotion.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:05 PM   #134
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
Maynard on 10,000 Days > Maynard on Lateralus

On 10,000 Days he sings with emotion.
Umm, go listen to The Grudge, especially the scream, then listen to that scream over and over again.

Good. Now come back and tell me he lacks emotion.
Stinkfyst's Avatar Stinkfyst
06-09-2006, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rembrandt_q_einstein
let a man change... ive seen it posted umpteen times... "oh maynards lost something blah blah blah blah" look people change... GET OVER IT. if you want young, angry maynard go get your copies of undertow and opiate out... its really that simple... shit
Fuckin' right. I've been waiting for someone in this entire forum to spew those words and now I find myself wanting to kiss this persons ass. Everyone needs to just calm the shit down, people evolve, I've already said this on another thread and I'll say it again...He has seen better days and has evolved into something more positive. I saw a video of him on Youtube.com where he says something along the lines of ''I hate children...'' something along the lines of that and more and that happened between opiate and undertow or something of the sort...now he has a son and has dealt with several different events in his life and even more that we all don't know of, but can you expect him to come into a song screaming ''Fuck you'' again? Do you want him to come out with Jerk off part 2 or something of the sorts? You won't get it, get over it. I understand that there are people that like the album but are still somewhat disappointed and thats ok because I've found things that could have been better on the album to, but this is what we've been waiting for for five years and this is what we got.

For the people who blame his lyrical content/writting style on APC, go shove it somewhere.

Yeah I'm gonna get nasty remarks, or I probably won't. Either way people need to just take the album for what it is. Yeah there has been better work, but picking appart the elements of the band and this album isn't going to do you any good, they'll still make the music THEY want to release and what they feel their adoring fans will like...I'm sorry some of the early Tool fans are missing that part of their careers, and I'm sorry they didn't get Lateralus 2.

-End of message-
Old 06-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #135
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rembrandt_q_einstein
let a man change... ive seen it posted umpteen times... "oh maynards lost something blah blah blah blah" look people change... GET OVER IT. if you want young, angry maynard go get your copies of undertow and opiate out... its really that simple... shit
Fuckin' right. I've been waiting for someone in this entire forum to spew those words and now I find myself wanting to kiss this persons ass. Everyone needs to just calm the shit down, people evolve, I've already said this on another thread and I'll say it again...He has seen better days and has evolved into something more positive. I saw a video of him on Youtube.com where he says something along the lines of ''I hate children...'' something along the lines of that and more and that happened between opiate and undertow or something of the sort...now he has a son and has dealt with several different events in his life and even more that we all don't know of, but can you expect him to come into a song screaming ''Fuck you'' again? Do you want him to come out with Jerk off part 2 or something of the sorts? You won't get it, get over it. I understand that there are people that like the album but are still somewhat disappointed and thats ok because I've found things that could have been better on the album to, but this is what we've been waiting for for five years and this is what we got.

For the people who blame his lyrical content/writting style on APC, go shove it somewhere.

Yeah I'm gonna get nasty remarks, or I probably won't. Either way people need to just take the album for what it is. Yeah there has been better work, but picking appart the elements of the band and this album isn't going to do you any good, they'll still make the music THEY want to release and what they feel their adoring fans will like...I'm sorry some of the early Tool fans are missing that part of their careers, and I'm sorry they didn't get Lateralus 2.

-End of message-
06-09-2006, 07:01 PM

Quote:
anyone think that you're a noob with only 7 posts and no-one gives a flying fuck what you think? i do. that's for sure
Old 06-09-2006, 07:01 PM   #136
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 49

Quote:
anyone think that you're a noob with only 7 posts and no-one gives a flying fuck what you think? i do. that's for sure
HiPp_1's Avatar HiPp_1
06-09-2006, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkfyst

-End of message-
Agreed.

To me Aemina is the best, the greatest piece of art that they have ever achived. It could only go down from there. Which in my mind it has. Dont get me wrong I loved Lateralus. And I love 10k days. I have listed to it every day since May 2. However, I understand that it will never top my favorite album they have made. IT IS STILL FUCKING GREAT MUSIC! Just realize that if you expect or are expecting anything that this band produces will be like anything like they have compiled in the past, prepared to be disapointed. The band has evolved and moved on.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:04 PM   #137
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkfyst

-End of message-
Agreed.

To me Aemina is the best, the greatest piece of art that they have ever achived. It could only go down from there. Which in my mind it has. Dont get me wrong I loved Lateralus. And I love 10k days. I have listed to it every day since May 2. However, I understand that it will never top my favorite album they have made. IT IS STILL FUCKING GREAT MUSIC! Just realize that if you expect or are expecting anything that this band produces will be like anything like they have compiled in the past, prepared to be disapointed. The band has evolved and moved on.
Benevolent Son's Avatar Benevolent Son
06-09-2006, 10:14 PM

Quote:
I started this, and this is my point, exactly. Yea, 10,000 days is great, and all that pizzazz, but seriously, MJK is lacking something he had once upon a time.
Youth/ hostility. All of these guys have matured and as a result do not sound as they did at one time. As far as MJK is concerned, he just doesn't have much to pissed off about. Sure the war sucks and we as a people may suck but in his youth he referred to things that had to do with personal experiences, hence his more hostile and emotional vocal expressions. There are lots of fans who seem dissappointed at Maynard's vocal lacking... sorry, but as a singer I know that he is a much better SINGER now than he ever was. Keep it up MJK!!!

www.myspace.com/shapingthemindsofouryouth
Old 06-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #138
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
I started this, and this is my point, exactly. Yea, 10,000 days is great, and all that pizzazz, but seriously, MJK is lacking something he had once upon a time.
Youth/ hostility. All of these guys have matured and as a result do not sound as they did at one time. As far as MJK is concerned, he just doesn't have much to pissed off about. Sure the war sucks and we as a people may suck but in his youth he referred to things that had to do with personal experiences, hence his more hostile and emotional vocal expressions. There are lots of fans who seem dissappointed at Maynard's vocal lacking... sorry, but as a singer I know that he is a much better SINGER now than he ever was. Keep it up MJK!!!

www.myspace.com/shapingthemindsofouryouth
Spekio474
06-13-2006, 10:46 PM

wow, havn't come back to this in a while, and wish i didn't. Perhaps I should have phrased it, MJK is my least favorite part? But seriously...some of you people need to relax.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:46 PM   #139
Level 2 - Poster

wow, havn't come back to this in a while, and wish i didn't. Perhaps I should have phrased it, MJK is my least favorite part? But seriously...some of you people need to relax.
06-14-2006, 05:35 AM

Some of you people need to learn to think. ( swimming should be a'priori ).
Old 06-14-2006, 05:35 AM   #140
Level 2 - Poster

Some of you people need to learn to think. ( swimming should be a'priori ).
waffel
06-14-2006, 02:47 PM

lol @ 06'ers using tool slang in posts. i need to learn to swim while i live vicariously before i schism my third eye.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:47 PM   #141
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

lol @ 06'ers using tool slang in posts. i need to learn to swim while i live vicariously before i schism my third eye.
submachine's Avatar submachine
06-14-2006, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nous
GOOD: Danny
Justin
AVERAGE: Maynard
Adam
BAD: Overall Songwiting
Danny, Maynard, and Justin are the best in their respective fields.

I agree the songwriting was weak (except for Vicarious) and whether or not this was mostly adams fault, it is his guitar that overpower the (better, and more interesting) Danny (and even Maynard).
Old 06-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #142
On Probation

Bincount™: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nous
GOOD: Danny
Justin
AVERAGE: Maynard
Adam
BAD: Overall Songwiting
Danny, Maynard, and Justin are the best in their respective fields.

I agree the songwriting was weak (except for Vicarious) and whether or not this was mostly adams fault, it is his guitar that overpower the (better, and more interesting) Danny (and even Maynard).
roomservice
06-14-2006, 04:20 PM

bar chords, guys,....not power chords. if the songs were in E, then yes, power chords...but since all songs are in D. its bar chords.
and vicarious is not one of the hardest tool songs to play.
and mjks lyrics are fucking golden. get off his nuts, or go make a better album with better singing...fucking pricks...
how can you say his vocals are shit? not another man in rock could pull off anything close to that.....especially with the arrangments and music he must sing along too...you people dont have a grasp on musicality at all...this album is fucking technical as fuck....music and vocal wise....
Old 06-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #143
Level 4 - Thinker

bar chords, guys,....not power chords. if the songs were in E, then yes, power chords...but since all songs are in D. its bar chords.
and vicarious is not one of the hardest tool songs to play.
and mjks lyrics are fucking golden. get off his nuts, or go make a better album with better singing...fucking pricks...
how can you say his vocals are shit? not another man in rock could pull off anything close to that.....especially with the arrangments and music he must sing along too...you people dont have a grasp on musicality at all...this album is fucking technical as fuck....music and vocal wise....
inSin's Avatar inSin
06-14-2006, 05:48 PM

nope. the indians are :)
Old 06-14-2006, 05:48 PM   #144
Level 7 - Loquacious

nope. the indians are :)
AMF
06-14-2006, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apathetic goat
The worst part is the production. Mixed way too loud, static bursts, distortion, white noise here and there. The drums are way too hard to focus on.

MJK rules.
Be patient and wait for the vinyl to destroy you\m/
Old 06-14-2006, 08:28 PM   #145
AMF
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by apathetic goat
The worst part is the production. Mixed way too loud, static bursts, distortion, white noise here and there. The drums are way too hard to focus on.

MJK rules.
Be patient and wait for the vinyl to destroy you\m/

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply