opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 12. Triad
User Name
Password
Old 06-17-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
visualization

When i hear this song in a meditational state i envision myself rapidly ascending though a spiraling vortex of intense red and yellow colors. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Red and yellow. interesting.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: visualization

Black and white are all I see...
Old 06-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #3

are you quoting maynard or stating that you only see black and white when you hear this song?
Old 06-17-2008, 01:02 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

I'm stating that I'm color blind and can only see in black and white.

And coincidentally quoting Maynard, I guess...
Old 06-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralareallofus View Post
When i hear this song in a meditational state i envision myself rapidly ascending though a spiraling vortex of intense red and yellow colors. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Red and yellow. interesting.
NO, nobody else has a similar experience for crying out loud. I am sick of people asking "when i meditate on the third day of every month, while eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, i see a two headed goat licking his but crack, does anybody experience this?"
Old 06-18-2008, 04:01 PM   #6

And i am sick of close minded fools posting worthless negative shit on here. Keep you negativity to yourself. You dont speak for everyone.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #7
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by theamazingtool View Post
"when i meditate on the third day of every month, while eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, i see a two headed goat licking his but crack, does anybody experience this?"
Shit! And i thought i was alone in this! You too?
Old 06-19-2008, 04:45 AM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
And i am sick of close minded fools posting worthless negative shit on here. Keep you negativity to yourself. You dont speak for everyone.
Umm...you calling him a closed minded fool is negative.

And how are you sick of it after 11 posts?
Old 06-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjamison27 View Post
Umm...you calling him a closed minded fool is negative.

And how are you sick of it after 11 posts?
Just becuase i dont post meaningless posts like you to boost up your level of obnoxiousness doesnt mean that I havent been reading the posts on this site for a while. But I am glad that i discovered who the official badass is on this website. After all, you have shown how much of a cool guy you are by bashing every post i have had on this site. Congratulations, you reflect exactly what Tool encourages; egocentrism, ignorance, and closed mind. I only hope that by the time I am 30 i can be at my computer belittleing the ideas of anyone who is new to this website.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #10
Jedi Master

LOL.

If you're having problems with gjamison27, you have only just seen the tip of the iceberg, imo.

No offence, GJ27
Old 06-19-2008, 04:28 PM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Amen to this statement here Hulk Hogan.

BTW, How is your son doing?

*The first five words of this post are legit*
Old 06-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
But I am glad that i discovered who the official badass is on this website.
Inner_Eulogy lives in Chicago. Home of the badass's. Yo I_E!

So please...Say hello to him when you get done watering your asparagus garden.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #13
Jedi Master

No, you can watch WWE instead.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:09 AM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Just becuase i dont post meaningless posts like you to boost up your level of obnoxiousness doesnt mean that I havent been reading the posts on this site for a while. But I am glad that i discovered who the official badass is on this website. After all, you have shown how much of a cool guy you are by bashing every post i have had on this site. Congratulations, you reflect exactly what Tool encourages; egocentrism, ignorance, and closed mind. I only hope that by the time I am 30 i can be at my computer belittleing the ideas of anyone who is new to this website.
All posts are meaningful, to someone. I know what you're going through. I did much more reading in my infancy here, but am I really obnoxious and is anyone really a "badass" on here? What exactly constitutes being a "badass" on a message board? I guess that would be subjective to each persons opinion, similar to my "obnoxiousness". I wasn't bashing you, just offering opinions, poking a little fun, and asking some questions, but its cool that you think I'm cool, I guess...

I think Tool encourages the opposite (i know you were being sarcastic silly willy) and for the most part, so do I. It's obvious through your negativity and bashing me, that you made an attempt at some intellectually stimulating and enlightened conversation. As soon as someone (me) started questioning your output (question authority, thinking for myself), you broke down and resorted to the very things you are accusing me of. Not very Toolish of you...

Last edited by gjamison27; 06-20-2008 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 06-20-2008, 08:42 AM   #15

Quote:
All posts are meaningful, to someone. I know what you're going through. I did much more reading in my infancy here, but am I really obnoxious and is anyone really a "badass" on here? What exactly constitutes being a "badass" on a message board? I guess that would be subjective to each persons opinion, similar to my "obnoxiousness". I wasn't bashing you, just offering opinions, poking a little fun, and asking some questions, but its cool that you think I'm cool, I guess...

I think Tool encourages the opposite (i know you were being sarcastic silly willy) and for the most part, so do I. It's obvious through your negativity and bashing me, that you made an attempt at some intellectually stimulating and enlightened conversation. As soon as someone (me) started questioning your output (question authority, thinking for myself), you broke down and resorted to the very things you are accusing me of. Not very Toolish of you...
i was being sarcastic about you being cool too
Old 06-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
i was being sarcastic about you being cool too
As was I...
Old 06-20-2008, 05:03 PM   #17
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Not very Toolish of you...
i wanna be JUST like TOOL
Old 06-23-2008, 05:44 AM   #18
Jedi Master

Amazing...
Old 06-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
NO, nobody else has a similar experience for crying out loud. I am sick of people asking "when i meditate on the third day of every month, while eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, i see a two headed goat licking his but crack, does anybody experience this?"
This was unnecessary. This might be a legitimate argument if there were actually bundles of these types of posts in this forum, but there isn't. Want to know how many threads have been made about this song in the past month? One; this one. If you don't like the discussion, I don't understand why you can't just leave it alone. Did you click this forum to make sure that there were no discussions going on? Who cares if he wants to compare what visions meditation on this song has revealed? Why do you feel the need to either (1) put others down or (2) make yourself look funny and cool (whichever happens to be the primary motivating factor)?
Old 06-24-2008, 01:17 AM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirak View Post
This was unnecessary. This might be a legitimate argument if there were actually bundles of these types of posts in this forum, but there isn't. Want to know how many threads have been made about this song in the past month? One; this one. If you don't like the discussion, I don't understand why you can't just leave it alone. Did you click this forum to make sure that there were no discussions going on? Who cares if he wants to compare what visions meditation on this song has revealed? Why do you feel the need to either (1) put others down or (2) make yourself look funny and cool (whichever happens to be the primary motivating factor)?
leefnaspleef put it pretty well actually, nice touch leef. but seriously, to answer you questions...

like i already said, i am sick of people asking other people if they have the same visualizations, meditations, dreams or whatever the fuck as other people. your right, there is not bundles of these, yet there is still too many.

(Q)-why put others down
(A)-i am not putting down the person as much as i am putting down the general nature of these type posts.

(Q)-make youself look funny and cool
(A)-i felt that using this humorous, exagerated comparison would help people see how rediculous his OP was, besides making me look funny and cool
Old 06-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
leefnaspleef put it pretty well actually, nice touch leef. but seriously, to answer you questions...

like i already said, i am sick of people asking other people if they have the same visualizations, meditations, dreams or whatever the fuck as other people. your right, there is not bundles of these, yet there is still too many.

(Q)-why put others down
(A)-i am not putting down the person as much as i am putting down the general nature of these type posts.

(Q)-make youself look funny and cool
(A)-i felt that using this humorous, exagerated comparison would help people see how rediculous his OP was, besides making me look funny and cool
Well, I'm glad to see that you avoided this insults this time, unlike this douche bag:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
Meditational state envision rapidly spiraling vortex of intense red and yellow.

This doesn't remind me of any artwork in particular
way to just pull a bunch of random bullshit out of nowhere you stupid fucking hippy
God fucking dammit, do you ever actually get around to saying anything? Maybe you don't know what I mean. I'm talking about using words to communicate ideas, rather than brute anger. If you didn't notice, you took one incomplete thought and stuck two unrelated, insulting sentences onto the end of it. This is not intelligent communication, you inbred prick.

Quote:
Anyway, back to this. Maybe it's silly to ask if people have had similar meditative experiences; maybe it isn't. Is it really that bad to want to discuss what visions one has received under altered states of consciousness while listening to this song, especially in light of the fact that there are no other discussions of this song going on at all?
Old 06-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #22
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Anyway, back to this. Maybe it's silly to ask if people have had similar meditative experiences; maybe it isn't. Is it really that bad to want to discuss what visions one has received under altered states of consciousness while listening to this song, especially in light of the fact that there are no other discussions of this song going on at all?
To want to "discuss what vision one has had under altered states of consciousness while listening to a song" IS pretty silly, if you ask me. There is no sense in trying to desrcibe such IMAGINATIONS. These are entirely imaginative, unique and PERSONAL. THESE BELONG TO YOU, NOT OTHERS!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
To want to "discuss what vision one has had under altered states of consciousness while listening to a song" IS pretty silly, if you ask me. There is no sense in trying to desrcibe such IMAGINATIONS. These are entirely imaginative, unique and PERSONAL. THESE BELONG TO YOU, NOT OTHERS!
But to share them could be interesting. Is this not the entire purpose of art?

Edit: Just incase you're going to say, "but it isn't art," here's my response: is art not imaginative, unique and personal? Is this a reason for art not to be published, or is it the very reason that it should be published?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #24
Jedi Master

Besides, why join a messageboard or forum if you don't want to read about people expressing their opinions/impressions and wanna discuss about it?
Old 06-30-2008, 07:23 PM   #25
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
But to share them could be interesting. Is this not the entire purpose of art?

Edit: Just incase you're going to say, "but it isn't art," here's my response: is art not imaginative, unique and personal? Is this a reason for art not to be published, or is it the very reason that it should be published?
then put it under the arts, crafts and birthday card section...yuppy
Old 07-02-2008, 05:34 AM   #26
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
But I am glad that i discovered who the official badass is on this website.
Aw thanks, I'm glad you finally noticed. =-) Now get the fuck outta here before I step on you like a little bug.

I mean that in the nicest possible way of course. =-)

Fucker
Old 07-02-2008, 05:36 AM   #27
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
...and is anyone really a "badass" on here? What exactly constitutes being a "badass" on a message board?
When you can do cock push ups.....then you're a badass
Old 07-02-2008, 05:39 AM   #28
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
God fucking dammit, do you ever actually get around to saying anything? Maybe you don't know what I mean. I'm talking about using words to communicate ideas, rather than brute anger. If you didn't notice, you took one incomplete thought and stuck two unrelated, insulting sentences onto the end of it. This is not intelligent communication, you inbred prick.
You're failing to take into consideration that "brute anger" is an innate natural human emotion and if you're so high and mighty about being a peacenik with oneself you should also learn to embrace your true emotions.

Nevermind, I really don't know where I'm going with this right now...fuck it
Old 07-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #29
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
When you can do cock push ups.....then you're a badass
leave it to inner to bring dicks into the conversation
Old 07-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #30
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
then put it under the arts, crafts and birthday card section...yuppy
It has to do with this song.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:08 AM   #31
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
leave it to inner to bring dicks into the conversation
Penis breath
Old 07-12-2008, 01:49 AM   #32
Jedi Master

Glad to see nothing's changed since my week of absence :)
Old 07-14-2008, 09:37 AM   #33
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
Glad to see nothing's changed since my week of absence :)
Cock gobbler
Old 07-14-2008, 09:51 AM   #34
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

I believe the correct term is Cock Goblin.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:52 AM   #35
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post
I believe the correct term is Cock Goblin.
Cock Gobblin' Goblin
Old 07-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #36
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Cock Gobblin' Goblin
Cock Gobblin' Cock Goblin would be even more of a mouthful. <- Pun intended.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #37
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post
Pun intended.
You don't say

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply