Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 07. Lost Keys
User Name
Password
ccoffou
05-04-2006, 10:55 AM

i'm new here.
The following information has not been presented. Or at least to my knowledge.

As you know the Rosetta Stone is the key to deciphering Heiroglyphics. That's our one logical fact. It seems apparent that everyone is making the connection between "Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)" and "Rosetta Stoned;" understandable. So what is the connection? Everyone seems to be on the LSD kick, lets forget about that and Albert Hofmann altogether, for a moment.
So there was another guy named Hofmann and if you care to search, his name gets hits with the Rosetta Stone. Mark Hofmann was a professional counterfieter in the 1970's and 80's. He made numerous forgeries of mormon documents. One of which was a copy of the golden tablets which were translated to create the book of mormon. Hofmann's document was basically Heiroglyphics from the Rosetta Stone merely rotated in a way and a few extra pen strokes added.
The next step. These golden tablets which ultimately founded the mormon religion were not just "found." Joseph Smith was visited by an angel, a celestrial being, an alien what have you, and was told of these tablets and where to find them. He translated the tablets and we now have the book of mormon.
There's a just a foundation for you. You can go and do your own research and piece a meaning together.
What is the true meaning behind the lyrics, i don't know, probably wont ever, unless Maynard sits down and tells them. That's not important to me. What's important is how I and you and everyone else who accepts the sounds from the album in and how their conscious or subconscious not only reacts, but interacts with it.

Thank you for your time.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:55 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
coincidence

i'm new here.
The following information has not been presented. Or at least to my knowledge.

As you know the Rosetta Stone is the key to deciphering Heiroglyphics. That's our one logical fact. It seems apparent that everyone is making the connection between "Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)" and "Rosetta Stoned;" understandable. So what is the connection? Everyone seems to be on the LSD kick, lets forget about that and Albert Hofmann altogether, for a moment.
So there was another guy named Hofmann and if you care to search, his name gets hits with the Rosetta Stone. Mark Hofmann was a professional counterfieter in the 1970's and 80's. He made numerous forgeries of mormon documents. One of which was a copy of the golden tablets which were translated to create the book of mormon. Hofmann's document was basically Heiroglyphics from the Rosetta Stone merely rotated in a way and a few extra pen strokes added.
The next step. These golden tablets which ultimately founded the mormon religion were not just "found." Joseph Smith was visited by an angel, a celestrial being, an alien what have you, and was told of these tablets and where to find them. He translated the tablets and we now have the book of mormon.
There's a just a foundation for you. You can go and do your own research and piece a meaning together.
What is the true meaning behind the lyrics, i don't know, probably wont ever, unless Maynard sits down and tells them. That's not important to me. What's important is how I and you and everyone else who accepts the sounds from the album in and how their conscious or subconscious not only reacts, but interacts with it.

Thank you for your time.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
eonblue462's Avatar eonblue462
05-04-2006, 11:22 AM

Hmmmmmm.....could be! was he a doctor??!!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:22 AM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11
Re: coincidence

Hmmmmmm.....could be! was he a doctor??!!
ccoffou
05-04-2006, 11:31 AM

forget the doctor. what's it matter if he was a doctor. what's it matter that a doctor and nurse and a "patient" were in lost keys. what if it were a guy sitting on the curb outside a 7-11 and two concerned people walked up. same situation different players, same message.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

forget the doctor. what's it matter if he was a doctor. what's it matter that a doctor and nurse and a "patient" were in lost keys. what if it were a guy sitting on the curb outside a 7-11 and two concerned people walked up. same situation different players, same message.
xPOGOx's Avatar xPOGOx
05-04-2006, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoffou
Why is it that everyone wants to think that "Blame Hofmann" refers to the doctor?

The doctor in "Lost Keys" is trying to help the guy who's all funked up...
I tended to think that the "Hoffman" guy that is getting blamed is the guy who caused the guy to be acting the way he is...whether that is the Hoffman that invented LSD, or some other Hoffman is up to interpretation...
Old 05-04-2006, 11:51 AM   #4
I'd rather listen to Hanson.

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoffou
Why is it that everyone wants to think that "Blame Hofmann" refers to the doctor?

The doctor in "Lost Keys" is trying to help the guy who's all funked up...
I tended to think that the "Hoffman" guy that is getting blamed is the guy who caused the guy to be acting the way he is...whether that is the Hoffman that invented LSD, or some other Hoffman is up to interpretation...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply