Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
iamtheflute
10-07-2006, 09:12 PM

Hey! put that flamethrower away before you hurt someone, and listen to what i have to say.

Led Zeppelin released two hit albums and then came out with Led Zeppelin III which was a departure from the normal rockingness of the hammer of the gods. It had a more acoustic touch; almost folksy/bluesy in a way. It took a while to catch on with the fans, but when it did it hit hard. They then released the untitled album (Led Zeppelin 4) which is considered by some to be one of the best rock albums ever made.

Tool released three hit albums (not including opiate or salival, i'm just talking full length albums) and then came out with Ten Thousand Days. Ten thousand days was a departure from the normal tool sound (if there is one). Even justin said "this is our blues album". But with time, as with all of tools albums, the sound and the meaning sunk in more and more and it became a favorite to some and a burden to others. Mostly, an awesome album (in my opinion)

Now it's tools turn......

Tool will enter the recording studio in 2009 with one goal and one goal alone. To create the single most rocking album of all time.

Having gotten all their artsy/bluesy stuff out of them. All they will have left is their rock. AND ROCK IT SHALL!!!!!

when it is released. You will never hear a 4 year old man scream with more conviction, and in an attempt to rock harder and scream louder than in undertow/aenima/lateralus. he will actually scream himself to death on the last take of the last track.

so i guess, all i'm trying to say is.....get ready...
Old 10-07-2006, 09:12 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Ten Thousand Days is Tool's Led Zeppelin III

Hey! put that flamethrower away before you hurt someone, and listen to what i have to say.

Led Zeppelin released two hit albums and then came out with Led Zeppelin III which was a departure from the normal rockingness of the hammer of the gods. It had a more acoustic touch; almost folksy/bluesy in a way. It took a while to catch on with the fans, but when it did it hit hard. They then released the untitled album (Led Zeppelin 4) which is considered by some to be one of the best rock albums ever made.

Tool released three hit albums (not including opiate or salival, i'm just talking full length albums) and then came out with Ten Thousand Days. Ten thousand days was a departure from the normal tool sound (if there is one). Even justin said "this is our blues album". But with time, as with all of tools albums, the sound and the meaning sunk in more and more and it became a favorite to some and a burden to others. Mostly, an awesome album (in my opinion)

Now it's tools turn......

Tool will enter the recording studio in 2009 with one goal and one goal alone. To create the single most rocking album of all time.

Having gotten all their artsy/bluesy stuff out of them. All they will have left is their rock. AND ROCK IT SHALL!!!!!

when it is released. You will never hear a 4 year old man scream with more conviction, and in an attempt to rock harder and scream louder than in undertow/aenima/lateralus. he will actually scream himself to death on the last take of the last track.

so i guess, all i'm trying to say is.....get ready...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
DirtyBanana's Avatar DirtyBanana
10-08-2006, 03:19 AM

it´s spelled "10,000 Days"
Old 10-08-2006, 03:19 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 139
Re: Ten Thousand Days is Tool's Led Zeppelin III

it´s spelled "10,000 Days"
10-08-2006, 05:10 AM

i hate to shoot you down, but i think zeppelin's fourth LP is a terrible album, even for zeppelin

i can already see you're going to be very disappointed with the next tool album, because it's never what people expected, and you're hyped about it being a rock album just based on band that did it 35 years ago

i'm thinking it will be very electronic with a nonlyrical, perhaps patton-esque vocal influence, but i learned from my initial shock and disappointment with every single thing about 10,000 days not to let myself follow the incredible hype behind a tool release
Old 10-08-2006, 05:10 AM   #3
Banned.

i hate to shoot you down, but i think zeppelin's fourth LP is a terrible album, even for zeppelin

i can already see you're going to be very disappointed with the next tool album, because it's never what people expected, and you're hyped about it being a rock album just based on band that did it 35 years ago

i'm thinking it will be very electronic with a nonlyrical, perhaps patton-esque vocal influence, but i learned from my initial shock and disappointment with every single thing about 10,000 days not to let myself follow the incredible hype behind a tool release
duncang's Avatar duncang
10-08-2006, 05:29 AM

I can see where you're coming from, certainly. However, this next album will not be a 'rocking' one. It will be even more experimental and progressive. You can tell that there is only one track on 10,000 Days that was spawned entirely from the 2002-2005 writing sessions, and not from leftovers or thinking from Lateralus. This track will be the basis of the next.

Intension.
Be A Human
Old 10-08-2006, 05:29 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

I can see where you're coming from, certainly. However, this next album will not be a 'rocking' one. It will be even more experimental and progressive. You can tell that there is only one track on 10,000 Days that was spawned entirely from the 2002-2005 writing sessions, and not from leftovers or thinking from Lateralus. This track will be the basis of the next.

Intension.
Be A Human
lsdexmt's Avatar lsdexmt
10-08-2006, 10:00 AM

Maybe I'm stupid, but as far as I know, III was pretty fucking huge from the get-go. Immigrant Song and Celebration Day alone were enough for rediculous commercial success.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #5
On Probation

Maybe I'm stupid, but as far as I know, III was pretty fucking huge from the get-go. Immigrant Song and Celebration Day alone were enough for rediculous commercial success.
the bending rodriguez
10-08-2006, 10:41 AM

so was "since i've been loving you". the critics were the ones who appalled the album, apparently. i think it's better than their other stuff but still nothing great..
Old 10-08-2006, 10:41 AM   #6
Banned.

so was "since i've been loving you". the critics were the ones who appalled the album, apparently. i think it's better than their other stuff but still nothing great..
iamtheflute
10-08-2006, 12:38 PM

let others do your thinking for you.

i'm saying look past what i have said for you to think about and just read

...and i was also unaware of number and words meaning different things

Last edited by iamtheflute; 10-08-2006 at 12:43 PM..
Old 10-08-2006, 12:38 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

let others do your thinking for you.

i'm saying look past what i have said for you to think about and just read

...and i was also unaware of number and words meaning different things

Last edited by iamtheflute; 10-08-2006 at 12:43 PM..
mike09's Avatar mike09
10-08-2006, 02:27 PM

Contrary to popular belief, Zeppelin III was not that well-received by their fans when it first came out. The reaction to 10,000 Days is similar. 10,000 Days is pretty different from Lateralus just like Zepplin III is different from II. However, that does not mean that Tool's next album will be the equivalent of ZoSo because it just doesn't work like that. Zeppelin and Tool are completely different bands. ZoSo is actually the weakest of their first four albums, so why would you want Tool to make a similar album? So we can get a "Stairway to Heaven" type song?
Old 10-08-2006, 02:27 PM   #8
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

Contrary to popular belief, Zeppelin III was not that well-received by their fans when it first came out. The reaction to 10,000 Days is similar. 10,000 Days is pretty different from Lateralus just like Zepplin III is different from II. However, that does not mean that Tool's next album will be the equivalent of ZoSo because it just doesn't work like that. Zeppelin and Tool are completely different bands. ZoSo is actually the weakest of their first four albums, so why would you want Tool to make a similar album? So we can get a "Stairway to Heaven" type song?
macfreak's Avatar macfreak
10-08-2006, 03:05 PM

The more progressive and experimental they can get is just perfect for me, i dont think really that the next album will be a ¨rocking¨ album, they will be older, besides looks like APC is coming back and probably maynard will rock with them (ha) so i think they will try to do what they always do which is make a totally different and challenging album ...TOOL 2010, 1 album, 1 song,75 minutes..self titled haha
Old 10-08-2006, 03:05 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

The more progressive and experimental they can get is just perfect for me, i dont think really that the next album will be a ¨rocking¨ album, they will be older, besides looks like APC is coming back and probably maynard will rock with them (ha) so i think they will try to do what they always do which is make a totally different and challenging album ...TOOL 2010, 1 album, 1 song,75 minutes..self titled haha
Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
10-08-2006, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfreak View Post
APC is coming back
Speak again?
Old 10-08-2006, 03:17 PM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfreak View Post
APC is coming back
Speak again?
parables in the world's Avatar parables in the world
10-08-2006, 04:07 PM

whatever Tool comes up with they do, but this album will do for now. Already speculating a new cd.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14

whatever Tool comes up with they do, but this album will do for now. Already speculating a new cd.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Bodhi
10-08-2006, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parables in the world View Post
??? What the hell are you trying to say???
Old 10-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #12
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by parables in the world View Post
??? What the hell are you trying to say???
10-09-2006, 08:00 AM

Not a surpise that Tool would follow in their influence's footsteps. Maybe they did it on purpose? who knows.

But all i can say is i hope the next tool album is a bit more like their old stuff. Even though that's pretty much impossible, i can still hope lol.

Then again, anything from Tool would rock.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:00 AM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Not a surpise that Tool would follow in their influence's footsteps. Maybe they did it on purpose? who knows.

But all i can say is i hope the next tool album is a bit more like their old stuff. Even though that's pretty much impossible, i can still hope lol.

Then again, anything from Tool would rock.
the bending rodriguez
10-09-2006, 08:03 AM

honestly , i think a lot of bad reception is due to the hype surrounding Wings . the mixing and mastering keep that song from being what Tool made it out to be , imo .
Old 10-09-2006, 08:03 AM   #14
Banned.

honestly , i think a lot of bad reception is due to the hype surrounding Wings . the mixing and mastering keep that song from being what Tool made it out to be , imo .
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
10-09-2006, 09:21 AM

Well, the thread starters theory is a bit irrelevant if you ask me. You start a band, you make records - what makes a theory like this relevant? Tool doing this intentionally? Or fate? Or just a funny thought? I think AEnima, Lateralus and 10,000 Days are already some of the most rocking records ever and Tool do their best to top that. ;)
Old 10-09-2006, 09:21 AM   #15
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

Well, the thread starters theory is a bit irrelevant if you ask me. You start a band, you make records - what makes a theory like this relevant? Tool doing this intentionally? Or fate? Or just a funny thought? I think AEnima, Lateralus and 10,000 Days are already some of the most rocking records ever and Tool do their best to top that. ;)
iamtheflute
10-09-2006, 02:13 PM

i'm not saying they aren't rocking, becasue you me and the next guy know that they do.

i just want something that will give me closure, the end of tool.....we all know its coming, so why not just brace for it now and expect the best work they have ever done.

people say that you can't top what the band has already done. i recall people saying the same thing about aenima before lateralus came out, and what happened with that?

the showsmen that these guys are, they will want to go out with a huge crash and a loud bang, and i dont think that its going to be the vicarious video (if such a thing really exists)
Old 10-09-2006, 02:13 PM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

i'm not saying they aren't rocking, becasue you me and the next guy know that they do.

i just want something that will give me closure, the end of tool.....we all know its coming, so why not just brace for it now and expect the best work they have ever done.

people say that you can't top what the band has already done. i recall people saying the same thing about aenima before lateralus came out, and what happened with that?

the showsmen that these guys are, they will want to go out with a huge crash and a loud bang, and i dont think that its going to be the vicarious video (if such a thing really exists)
10-09-2006, 02:50 PM

^ I'm the next guy and they rock
Old 10-09-2006, 02:50 PM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 129

^ I'm the next guy and they rock
macfreak's Avatar macfreak
10-09-2006, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa View Post
Speak again?
http://www.aperfectcircle.com/

APC is coming back...lol is that a clue or what....i dont now if thats good or not, i mean i love APC but not if that means i have to wait more for a tool album..ah..mmm

Hey stop with the end of Tool already u dont know that at all maybe they´ll keep playing until they are 60 like many bands that have influenced them ..
Old 10-09-2006, 11:41 PM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa View Post
Speak again?
http://www.aperfectcircle.com/

APC is coming back...lol is that a clue or what....i dont now if thats good or not, i mean i love APC but not if that means i have to wait more for a tool album..ah..mmm

Hey stop with the end of Tool already u dont know that at all maybe they´ll keep playing until they are 60 like many bands that have influenced them ..
iamtheflute
10-10-2006, 08:55 AM

would you really want them to play until they were 60?

i know i wouldnt. and wth all their side projects and vineyards to run, it doesn't look like tool does either. maybe danny and justin will keep playing as session players.

maynard has wine to make
adam has videos to work on.

tool is people
Old 10-10-2006, 08:55 AM   #19
Level 3 - Talker

would you really want them to play until they were 60?

i know i wouldnt. and wth all their side projects and vineyards to run, it doesn't look like tool does either. maybe danny and justin will keep playing as session players.

maynard has wine to make
adam has videos to work on.

tool is people

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply