opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Salival
User Name
Password
Old 06-03-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
I wish . . .

I wish the different version of Jerk-Off was on this CD.

The one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzlYBPIN0A0

Yeah, I don't know, anyone hear other versions of songs online that'd be cool to have on this CD?

Another name I want to throw in, even though I haven't looked for a video of it since I'm waiting for the concert, is Lateralus. I hear it's supposed to be cool . . . Yeah, that's all I've got.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 272
Re: I wish . . .

lateralus is bad ass live
the lasers and the everything is all goin
and its mind blowing
just a little fact
Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #3
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

They should've put ALL their live/different songs on Salival, I don't know why they didn't. Stranglehold, Stinkfist extended, Prison Sex OTRM, and others. I hope that one day we'll see some official versions of those and other live gems like the extended versions of Schism and Lateralus, or their ambient interludes, etc. Until that day...it's all about bootlegs!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
Last stop on the West Coast line.

Bincount™: 7282

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
They should've put ALL their live/different songs on Salival, I don't know why they didn't. Stranglehold, Stinkfist extended, Prison Sex OTRM, and others. I hope that one day we'll see some official versions of those and other live gems like the extended versions of Schism and Lateralus, or their ambient interludes, etc. Until that day...it's all about bootlegs!
. x 100

I couldn't have said it better.

Salival was a teaser. I like the album, but I think it was more for the music video's unfortunately, kind of like aMOTION by APC.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esurient4Truth View Post
. x 100

it really must take some restraint to not release everything they have produced for a profit

cuz they know we would eat it all up at top dollar.

edit: *sigh*
Old 06-17-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
Level 11 - Clamorous

Well, if Tool were in it for the money, the Schism and Parabola DVDs wouldn't be an isolated incident.

I really think they're trying to make some sort of artistic statement here, and they don't really give a shit that everyone can hear their live version. "come watch us play you fucks" is probably their motto.

ALSO, I forgot to mention this already, but there is a soundboard recording of Jerk-Off that's good enough to be on the CD anyway, so when it comes to that, I'm not really bummed out about its absence on Salival.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #7
Last stop on the West Coast line.

Bincount™: 7282

Quote:
"come watch us play you fucks" is probably their motto.
Berlin Germany, 2.04.93

Justin or Adam (I'm not sure which one, I don't think it was Maynard): "Get up here you smelly, ugly fucks, we're about to play."

edit*: I "think" Justin.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #8
Level 11 - Clamorous

Justin wasn't in the band until 1996 and he has an obvious English accent, so it couldn't be him. And Adam never ever ever talks during shows, I can't remember ever hearing him on the mic. Anyway, it was Paul, he went up on the mic allll the time (some shows he talked more than Maynard) and said dumb shit. You can hear him in many (most?) shows from 91-95. Plus he has a pretty distinctive voice, I don't know how to describe it, but I can recognize it in a second.

Last edited by hushypushy; 06-18-2007 at 05:21 PM..
Old 07-08-2007, 11:30 PM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

Quote:

i TOTALLY agree w/ya man.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

i would have loved to heard an alternate version of sober, following merkaba. i LOVE this live, supposedly '93 version

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zw3FTiWRXF8
Old 05-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #11
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

This version of Jerk-Off is the one that's on Opiate except with words replaced with fucks. Plus the little guitar action bit which wasn't in the studio version. I don't see whats entirely special about this one.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:34 PM   #12
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post
This version of Jerk-Off is the one that's on Opiate except with words replaced with fucks. Plus the little guitar action bit which wasn't in the studio version. I don't see whats entirely special about this one.
Does anybody have the Salival version of Pushit they can hook me up with. I wasn't able to purchase Salival while it was out and I never got a chance to pick it up ever since...I need to but for now, howz' about hooking a brotha up?
Old 05-12-2008, 03:42 PM   #13
Level 10 - Vehement

I'd give it to you but I've got dial-up. I love the Salival version... although I received it in a way less than legal. Perhaps someone around here can send it to you.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #14
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post
I'd give it to you but I've got dial-up. I love the Salival version... although I received it in a way less than legal. Perhaps someone around here can send it to you.
People on Ebay are selling it for like $120+, it's such a rip off
Old 05-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #15
Level 10 - Vehement

I feel your pain. I desperately feel as though my collection is lacking without the presence of the Salival Boxset. One of the cheapest ones I found was for 20 dollars and in the fine print it said "Box only, cd is scratched beyond playability". I feel sorry if anyone bought that, lol.

And I haven't seen their salival videos on a tv screen, they were in a format only readable by my mp3 player which doesn't really do them justice.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: