opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2006, 08:16 AM   #121
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/28 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center

I f'd up a chance to get 202 row E but luckily I ended up getting 2 tickets at 202 row J. I am looking for someone to go with (someone down with a solid pregame in the lot, blazing, etc) and will part with the other at face value. I'm in Northern NJ.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:17 AM   #122
Level 4 - Thinker

ok its is now 12:15 - more than 1 hour after tickets have gone on sale. And i just searched and got 2 seats directly next to the seats i bought at 11. section 202. row h seats 51-52 i got 57-58
Do what it takes to step through.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:19 AM   #123
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspope99
I f'd up a chance to get 202 row E but luckily I ended up getting 2 tickets at 202 row J. I am looking for someone to go with (someone down with a solid pregame in the lot, blazing, etc) and will part with the other at face value. I'm in Northern NJ.
good shit bro your right next to me i got 202 row H.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:21 AM   #124
Level 4 - Thinker

what a joke ticketmaster is. right after i get section 202 loge they give me lawn as best available
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:21 AM   #125
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

the show is a ways away but hopefully we can all coordinate a nice pre game party/chronic fest ;p I'm pumped.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:22 AM   #126
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

can anyone tell me what security is like in this place? Once the show starts, does everyone just run up to the front of their section and get all mixed together anyway, or are you pretty much restricted to where your seat actually is? I ask cuz i'm wondering if I can't just buy a couple pairs of floor seats that are relatively close together and still end up seeing the show with my friends.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:23 AM   #127
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
the show is a ways away but hopefully we can all coordinate a nice pre game party/chronic fest ;p I'm pumped.
it is pretty far away. but sorry i dont smoke or anything haha. good luck finding a buddy tho im sure it wont be too hard, it is a Tool show...
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:37 AM   #128
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 751

if i go along i definitly would like to hang out with a bunch of people. security for the NIN show between the Lawn and the seats was tight as hell. i dont think there is a way to bypass that security unless there is a big distraction. the show is in September, so im hoping i can find a date or something at school in the meantime, then i would use my lawn seats. but that is improbable so im probably using my lone seat.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:55 AM   #129
Level 3 - Talker

i got 2 pit tix after refreshing about 20 times, finally got them at 11:12
Thurs, Sept 28, 2006 08:00 PM
PIT/GA

Tool: Wachovia Arena, Wilkes-Barre, PA
Monday, Oct 2, 2006 08:00 PM
FL5 Row P
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 09:06 AM   #130

Bincount™: 4

If you got screwed and ended up buying multiple sets call ticket master, they canceled my first order!!!

Mt first and and canceled :

Seat location: section 203, row W, seats 15-16
Total Charge: $113.10

The one I kept and am fking pumped!!! Dead center !!!
Seat location: section 202, row C, seats 34-35 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Total Charge: $135.60

CALL TICKETMASTER, They will cancel if you call today..she said because I called the same day of the purchace they would cancel
- The Almighty Kool Keith!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 09:57 AM   #131
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Last show I saw at Tweeter, I had an awesome time. We tailgated in a big parking lot prior to the show with many others... nobody bothered us. We went in a bit banged up and enjoyed the show from the lawn... all while the smell of fine chron lingered throughout. I am looking forward but I'm always on the prowl for better seats and people to enjoy the show with.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #132
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

so.
can anyone confirm this? i've heard that i can take the nj transit... transfer at trenton to go to camden... and then hop another rail that will take me straight to the venue. if this is true that rules....
i always have a bitch of a time on the jesey transit and all those trains in general... not to mention i usually get lost everytime i'm in new jersey. any help or info would be great.
anyone... anyone?
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 11:36 AM   #133
Level 12 - Scurrilous

i dont know if i want to cancel my tickets, because if other people on these boards can use them i would be more than happy to help.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeoserv
i got 2 pit tix after refreshing about 20 times, finally got them at 11:12
which page should we be refreshing?

"It's become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity. When I look at you, I think that one day - our humanity might actually surpass our technology."
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 01:01 PM   #135
Level 3 - Talker

Section 104, Row X

me and three buddies i met up here at Penn State

my first time seeing tool, after this show i can die a happy man
Old 07-22-2006, 02:00 PM   #136
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmann3d
Section 104, Row X

me and three buddies i met up here at Penn State

my first time seeing tool, after this show i can die a happy man
my friend goes to Penn State. If Toronto didnt sell out immediatly like it did we were going to get tickets for that show and make a weekend out of it. what are you going to do, just skip classes for that day?
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 02:45 PM   #137
Level 2 - Poster

Alright I'm in. Pit. Fucking awesome.

I got to see them from the Pit at the Tower and loved it. Now I get to see them again with a (hopefully) healthy and vibrant Maynard.

I never saw Tool before 06, now I'm going to see them twice in one year. This is just amazing. I was 5ft from Adam at the Tower, I think I'll try to get close to Justin this time. ; )
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 02:54 PM   #138
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJsancho
can anyone tell me what security is like in this place? Once the show starts, does everyone just run up to the front of their section and get all mixed together anyway, or are you pretty much restricted to where your seat actually is? I ask cuz i'm wondering if I can't just buy a couple pairs of floor seats that are relatively close together and still end up seeing the show with my friends.
The lawn and the pit are the only sections you can run up to the front. Every ticket that has a section and seat, you can only stay at your seat. Security is real tight at Tweeter. They have aisle guards to make sure nobody tries to move up a few rows too and Even after you get your pit wristband you still have to show your pit ticket to them everytime you re-enter the pit. It sucks sometimes, I had a buddy lose his ticket stub during a beer run at a Hawthorne Heights show and couldn't get back in. For this show I'll endure the pain and staple my stub to my arm to prevent anything like that. Oh and youre not allowed to stand on your seat or jump on it either. Guards will be on you real quick if ya do.

All in all, the Tweeter is a nice venue. It gets loud as fuck when the lawn is closed, but still has great sightlines and sound when its open. Its also alot more intimate than anyother major venue around here.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 03:41 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedle
The lawn and the pit are the only sections you can run up to the front. Every ticket that has a section and seat, you can only stay at your seat. Security is real tight at Tweeter. They have aisle guards to make sure nobody tries to move up a few rows too and Even after you get your pit wristband you still have to show your pit ticket to them everytime you re-enter the pit. It sucks sometimes, I had a buddy lose his ticket stub during a beer run at a Hawthorne Heights show and couldn't get back in. For this show I'll endure the pain and staple my stub to my arm to prevent anything like that. Oh and youre not allowed to stand on your seat or jump on it either. Guards will be on you real quick if ya do.

All in all, the Tweeter is a nice venue. It gets loud as fuck when the lawn is closed, but still has great sightlines and sound when its open. Its also alot more intimate than anyother major venue around here.
Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll just stick with the lawn; it's not like they're shit seats or anything. Besides, I can save some money to put towards the (hopefully) imminent NYC shows. Actually, Toolshed just posted European dates for November, though I haven't heard anything about them anywhere else. If that's true, then that leaves only October for some new east coast dates. Hallowe'en concert in New York? Please?
Old 07-22-2006, 05:55 PM   #140
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTSAUCEMAN
so.
can anyone confirm this? i've heard that i can take the nj transit... transfer at trenton to go to camden... and then hop another rail that will take me straight to the venue. if this is true that rules....
i always have a bitch of a time on the jesey transit and all those trains in general... not to mention i usually get lost everytime i'm in new jersey. any help or info would be great.
anyone... anyone?

I was just looking at the NJ transit website and it looks like you can take the northeast corridor to the river line and it will take you right to the venue. Since Im at Rutgers in New Brunswick that is sweet for me. But after further inspection found in the .pdf here http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/r0070.pdf it may be that the river line stops running at around 9 ish at night which would mean no ride home :( Could some one try to figure out if this is correct or not.

Ps if anyone from Rutgers is goin to this show let me know so we could travel togher...

EDIT: My bad, the train from camden to trenton ends at 9 pm but there is a train that goes to the park and ride on 36th street untill midnight. But that is only good if u parked there. The people that took the train all the way there would be stranded i guess. Any ideas on this???

Last edited by HomeDepot; 07-22-2006 at 06:20 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-23-2006, 05:52 AM   #141
Level 1 - Lurker

Not from Rutgers - but will be travelling to the show from New Brunswick. Let me know your ride situation!

Last edited by profzocc; 07-23-2006 at 07:05 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-23-2006, 06:01 AM   #142
not my cup of tea

Bincount™: 4643

ok so has anyone figured out how to get from nyc to camden?
nothing runs late enuff..it seems my only option is to go to my moms in central jersey and drive the rest of the way...i just think my car is too shitty to drive even an hour and getting stuck in camden is BAD BAD BAD! dammit toooool

Jesus was a Jew.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-23-2006, 06:37 AM   #143
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 41

you have 1:40 AM Greyhound from Philly to NYC, Id say take the ferry back across the river after the show, then take a taxi to the bus station(taxis line up by the ferry landing, under the overpass that is there. Make sure on getting one of the early ferries. As soon as the show is over people literally run for the ferry station. First night when I went for Pearl Jam, it was hour and a half and three ferries before I finally got across. Second night I got wise and ran for it, got on the first one. Hope you're not going alone, remember you get back to Port Authority-NY at 3 AM, thats not exactly the nicest of areas esp at that time of night.

Another option might be getting a hotel room, there is a big hotel right by the ferry pier, on the Philly side, also some smaller hotels in that 2nd street/old city area.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-23-2006, 07:35 AM   #144
not my cup of tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeinNY
you have 1:40 AM Greyhound from Philly to NYC, Id say take the ferry back across the river after the show, then take a taxi to the bus station(taxis line up by the ferry landing, under the overpass that is there. Make sure on getting one of the early ferries. As soon as the show is over people literally run for the ferry station. First night when I went for Pearl Jam, it was hour and a half and three ferries before I finally got across. Second night I got wise and ran for it, got on the first one. Hope you're not going alone, remember you get back to Port Authority-NY at 3 AM, thats not exactly the nicest of areas esp at that time of night.

Another option might be getting a hotel room, there is a big hotel right by the ferry pier, on the Philly side, also some smaller hotels in that 2nd street/old city area.
so no good options, huh...shitty car i think its gonna be

Jesus was a Jew.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-23-2006, 08:26 AM   #145
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 41

forgot to mention- another option to get back from Camden to Philly is you take that shuttle train that stops outside the Tweeter center to Camden trans. center, and take a NJ Transit train from there to Philadelphia, which connects to Philly subway system, its like a commuter train thing. You might want to check the schedules, I think they stop running after 12:30 or so.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-23-2006, 01:38 PM   #146
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

I got lawn seats. I dont care because I have GA to the street scene and fresno shows, so ill get my necessary dose of close up Tool at those shows (mmmmmm back to back TOOL nights). Itll be nice to just sit in back and chill. Ill see you there.
-Tool Fresno august 6 06'
Future:
-Tool Camden NJ Tweeter Center 06'
-Tool Wilkes-Barre 06'
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-23-2006, 03:32 PM   #147
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

god damn it, I don't want to have to fucking drive from my parents' house almost 2 fucking hours to get to the show...but it sounds a lot less complicated than taking mass transit....why have there been no NYC shows announced yet?

btw, I got a ticket in section 200 only a few hours ago. good deal for a show I didn't even think I'd go to.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-23-2006, 03:59 PM   #148
Level 4 - Thinker

Got section 104 row T seats 28-31. Anyone know if any of my view is obstructed or what? I believe it is the furthest end away from the stage.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:07 PM   #149
Level 3 - Talker

you guys are never happy... I would prefer Ticketmaster to jump around and sell seats randomly then sell the best first to the worst last. That gives everyone a chance and there is no guarantee that if youre first in line youll get the best seats. Since scalpers pay the homeless to sleep out to be first in line, they now get F'd and there is no guarantees of them getting the best seats.

I got section 102 at 11am. Then 20 minutes I did another search and got 2 pit tickets. Random sales rule!
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-23-2006, 06:03 PM   #150
not my cup of tea

is it weird that its not sold out yet?

Jesus was a Jew.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-23-2006, 06:53 PM   #151
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by PArealtor
you guys are never happy... I would prefer Ticketmaster to jump around and sell seats randomly then sell the best first to the worst last. That gives everyone a chance and there is no guarantee that if youre first in line youll get the best seats. Since scalpers pay the homeless to sleep out to be first in line, they now get F'd and there is no guarantees of them getting the best seats.

I got section 102 at 11am. Then 20 minutes I did another search and got 2 pit tickets. Random sales rule!
yeah you got lucky and a lot of people that took the time to actually be up in time and actually try to get tickets get fucked over, like me. i was there clicking refresh at 10:59 and i got fucked over and got 2 lawn tickets at 11:00:15. then i got another tickets 15 minutes later and another ticket 20 minutes later after that, i had to spend 220 bucks to get a decent ticket. not to mention it says Best Available, that is bullshit. if it is random, it would be nice for TicketFucker to tell us that, so we can choose what tickets we want by the drag down menu. even though that doesnt work either. immediatly after i got lawn tickets i searched for Pit Tickets, it came up fucking blank. if you got pit tickets after 11:02, then Ticket Fucker again fucked me over and that makes me more pissed.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-23-2006, 07:08 PM   #152
Level 4 - Thinker

For those of you yet to see ISIS

http://www.fabchannel.com/isis
Old 07-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #153
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfig
Got section 104 row T seats 28-31. Anyone know if any of my view is obstructed or what? I believe it is the furthest end away from the stage.
haha my seat is two seats down from you.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-23-2006, 09:59 PM   #154
Banned.

Location: 41 degrees 23'57"42" N by 75 degrees 42'38.51" W elevation 822
Bincount™: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by viti
there is nooooooo way this is the nyc show...

llast tour they played the garden twice, continental and even nassua collesium in long island.

if they dont go closer to nyc then there will be many dissapointed tool fans

im thinking since they're skipping PA going from ohio to nj they may make they're way up the east coast, im thinking philly or maby wilke-barre<wich is my biggest hope, it may be 25 miles but ill walk it for tool>
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-24-2006, 01:41 AM   #155
Level 2 - Poster

seeing as how they are playing in Massachusetts on the 29th, its safe to say they are not hitting New York. And them playing Tweeter in Camden constitutes a Philly show. The Tweeter center is Philly's best concert hall, its just located on the other side of the bridge.

People need to stop wondering when more East Coast dates are happening. These guys have been touring since May, have gone overseas, and now they are coming back and doing 29 shows in 50+ days. Besides, Maynard takes a break to harvest his vineyards, which will probably be happening in October and part of November.

I wouldn't rule out a December or January series of shows on the East coast, but as it stands, Philly and Massachusetts are it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-24-2006, 03:55 AM   #156
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Im looking for two tickets together near the front (in the 100's)
If anyone can help please PM me
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-24-2006, 06:53 AM   #157
Level 12 - Scurrilous

one of the drivers of the trucks i load at work knows people that work at the Tweeter Center and might be able to get me good tickets. this would fucking be great, sure would make up for the shit i went though with TM, well almost. if he pulls through i may sell all four tickets i have.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-24-2006, 08:21 AM   #158
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I've got 2 tickets in section 202 row J. I'm looking for someone to go with (none of my friends are worthy of seeing Tool as they are not fans). I'm willing to part with the ticket for face value. We can work out driving/pregame arrangements. No weirdos tho, plz.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-24-2006, 09:45 AM   #159

Quote:
I've got 2 tickets in section 202 row J. I'm looking for someone to go with (none of my friends are worthy of seeing Tool as they are not fans). I'm willing to part with the ticket for face value. We can work out driving/pregame arrangements. No weirdos tho, plz.
i'm not a wierdo. i might buy that off you, and go with you, as long as your not a weirdo :o

"It's become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity. When I look at you, I think that one day - our humanity might actually surpass our technology."
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-24-2006, 10:09 AM   #160
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by waking believing running
i'm not a wierdo. i might buy that off you, and go with you, as long as your not a weirdo :o
haha. all good. let me know what you decide to do. I'll be coming down (probably driving) from northern NJ.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: