opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2006, 09:41 PM   #601
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

Okay, it's official: I have an extra ticket. It's in section 203, right on the aisle down the middle, near the back. If that last sentence confused you, you can find my name on the seating chart to get a good idea of where the ticket is.

Apparently none of my friends are true Tool fans. I figured that for most of them, but I was surprised when a couple of people, including the person I went to the H-Bird show with, turned the ticket down, due to money and/or hatred of the venue. Personally, I think they're nuts, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm stuck with a spare.

So if anyone wants it, or knows someone who wants a ticket, please let me know. I'll sell it for face. To those who PMed me a while ago, when I mentioned the ticket might end up being a spare: if you're still interested in it, let me know within the next couple of days and I'll give you preference. I'm also interested in any trade offers people may have (like if you have a closer ticket, but it's just a single, and you want to sit with a friend, we can probably work something out).

One preference of my own: I would like to share the concert experience with someone who enjoys a J or two during a show. Smoking alone is less fun.

On a completely different note, I went to VFest today wearing my Tool shirt, and I ended up getting some cool (free) Tool goodies from one of the vendor tents there (the coolest of which being these sew-on patches that have the new Tool logo on them). It was a very nice surprise.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:43 PM   #602
Level 7 - Loquacious

Hopefully (for our show) the security (at the AMP on the 23rd) has their douche-bag sensors on full alert ....

Someone, (Phoenix gig, 2 days ago) during the first part of 'The Pot' (2nd song) decides to launch a water bottle at MJK, taggs him right in the head .... I'm sure he was impressed .... puts one in a good mood

He leaves the stage - the band continues - He returns near the end of 'The Pot'
and doesn't begin singing again until the last verse of the next song '46&2'

"A water bottle thrown at my head, nice...you people need to find a better
fucking way to express your feelings...is it safe for me to continue?"

Besides this, he was under the weather

Let's B sure and treat our entertainers w/ some good Ol' Canadian TO-respect

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-11-2006, 04:28 AM   #603
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

If someone throws a water bottle at MJK or any band member, I'll fuckin' stab them after the show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-11-2006, 05:04 AM   #604
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid-Canada View Post
If someone throws a water bottle at MJK or any band member, I'll fuckin' stab them after the show.
Comments about stabbing ppl after the show like that make Baby Jesus cry. We all know you should stab him right then and there.

"I don't get mad. I get...stabby"
Old 09-11-2006, 05:29 AM   #605
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_wh0re View Post
The show is coming soon and I suddenly feel dread about this general admission floor thing. I have issues, I know. Should I fuck off from work that day? I would be there till about 6:30pm or later. Maybe leave at lunch?
Damn.

I haven't had a general admission ticket for such a large venue in a while. I feel old and out of touch with reality. Actually, the last time I had had a big venue GA ticket was at the ACC for the Lateralus tour and I waited most of the day, skipped classes and took that day and the next day off of work, just to stand in line at noon like a complete loser with nothing else to do. I just stood in line tripping out. I was supposed to go with my friends, who weren't really into Tool, who bought me a 300 level ticket and I ditched them like the bitch that I am.

I managed to be front row and it was psychedelically orgasmic.

For people with floor tickets...if I may be so forward as to ask you a personal question dealing with your actual life:

When are You going to go wait in the Line?

I don't iimagine I'll show up much before 4 or 5. I also don't plan to spend the evening wrestling with a bunch of sweaty guys to get three feet closer. I find the closer you get, the more perspective you lose.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:46 AM   #606

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foping View Post
I don't iimagine I'll show up much before 4 or 5. I also don't plan to spend the evening wrestling with a bunch of sweaty guys to get three feet closer. I find the closer you get, the more perspective you lose.
you dont have to wrestle to get closer if your already at the front:D

im going really early to make sure i have a spot against the rail.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #607
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

In my opinion...

I have floors and I couldnt give a fuck when I get there. Floors hold 1000 people, everyone on floors will have a crazy good view, and if you are like me and want to see the band close, and not get crushed in a moshpit and not be covered in the sweat and bile of a bunch of cunts in the pit, you will be standing at the back of the floors, digging the show, getting into the groove of the music. Fuck being at the rail feeling the elbows of 50 people in your back.

If this was at the ACC which puts a few thousand on the floors, or even Molson Park that is all General Admission I could see people wanting to get there early and rush in, but if you have floors, you are going to see the band pretty close, is the extra 20 feet being closer to Adam really worth getting killed in that human swamp, fuck...Maynard stands so far back on the stage if you are too close you might not even see him.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #608
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 862

it's almost here
Mondays - Thursdays 11:30pm
If Not??.....You're A Coward

Member Of The Colbert Nation Covenant.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-11-2006, 10:02 PM   #609
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 67

You know how blair said this tool is tailored for the cheap seats? That's just screen images being projected on the stage so the stage looks like one of the screens except massive right? Or am I missing something entirely more significant to the experience. Personally, sound quality is of utmost importance so I wouldn't trade it for different visuals, I just want to know what exactly will be missed, if anything at all.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:02 AM   #610
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

It's not gonna be that big a deal - it's not like they'll have the answer to the greatest questions of the universe projected on the stage.

I'm going to stand mid-to-back of the pit, like someone said I don't want monkeys climbing all over me, and I'm sure i'll see all of the projections fine. I'm much, much bigger on hearing the band (as loudly as possible) and of course, watching Danny.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-12-2006, 05:31 AM   #611
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post
In my opinion...

I have floors and I couldnt give a fuck when I get there. Floors hold 1000 people, everyone on floors will have a crazy good view, and if you are like me and want to see the band close, and not get crushed in a moshpit and not be covered in the sweat and bile of a bunch of cunts in the pit, you will be standing at the back of the floors, digging the show, getting into the groove of the music. Fuck being at the rail feeling the elbows of 50 people in your back.

If this was at the ACC which puts a few thousand on the floors, or even Molson Park that is all General Admission I could see people wanting to get there early and rush in, but if you have floors, you are going to see the band pretty close, is the extra 20 feet being closer to Adam really worth getting killed in that human swamp, fuck...Maynard stands so far back on the stage if you are too close you might not even see him.

We share a brain. Can I borrow it for awhile though? I'm trying to write a love letter and would love to use some really neat innuendo.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:38 AM   #612
Level 4 - Thinker

I can appreciate that some of you enjoy the element of surprise in regards to a setlist, so I won't spoil anything here.

However, Maynard is sick. The past two nights have seen him sing half songs and cut entire chunks of the set. Here's hoping that 11 days and some Hogtown smog sets all right in the universe.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:45 AM   #613
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Thanks for not spoiling Foping - is the band actually cutting out songs? As in only playing for maybe 80 minutes? That's nuts...

I will be driving 5 hours to see this show, and then 5 hours home the next day, I better get a good show, and I don't care if Maynard's sick, the band can play D/R/T without him and add a few other things instead of just cutting a show short...that would be very unfortunate.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-12-2006, 09:54 AM   #614
Level 4 - Thinker

It looks like they've canned the San Antonio and Dallas shows (they'll probably re-schedule them for some time in October), so hopefully a 3-day break and some rest will be enough for Maynard to regain his form for the rest of the tour. He wasn't feeling well at the H-Bird show either, which is why they didn't play The Pot...
Old 09-12-2006, 03:36 PM   #615

Bincount™: 51

I guess getting old sucks ass for everyone, even rich ass-sucking rock stars.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-12-2006, 09:03 PM   #616
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 67

Hopefully I can see the stage projections from 201 midway through.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:50 PM   #617
Level 7 - Loquacious

In fact it may be hard to see the projections (on the stage) from anywhere at the AMP
IMO they have been developed for those who are sitting in higher levels (at Arenas) not a one level Ampitheatre, even though there is an obvious upwards slope south

LOL! - came across this tonight

The Spokesman-Review recently reported that a Spokane, Washington city police officer resigned after being told two of his fellow officers saw him buy and eat two $1 cookies that apparently contained marijuana at a TOOL concert, a police spokesman said.

Jonathon Smith, a three-year officer, quit late last month after acting Police Chief James Nicks gave him a choice between that and being fired, Cpl. Tom Lee said.

Nicks acted after Sgt. Craig Meidl and Cpl. Robbie Dashiell, who were not with Smith, said they saw him buy and eat cookies that had been described as laced with pot during a TOOL performance on August 27, 2006 at the Gorge Amphitheater near George.

Meidl and Dashiell, who said they were offered the cookies at $1 each but didn't buy any, contacted Nicks at home and wound up working with Grant County sheriff's deputies in an investigation that resulted in the arrest of Steven Cory Mack, 26, of Bothell, for investigation of delivery of marijuana.

Investigators found 2.8 grams of marijuana in a search of Mack's seized 1999 Chevrolet Blazer, along with $300 in $1 dollar bills and a plastic container with crumbs inside, Deputy John Turley said.

Smith couldn't be located in the crowd of 22,000 people after Nicks was called and won't be charged with a crime because of the cost of tests to verify that there was pot in the cookies, Turley said.

"It's tough to do any kind of field testing on food products. We have to send that off to the (state crime) lab," the sheriff's deputy said.

"What a knucklehead he is. That dollar just cost him a $50,000 job," Turley added. "Yeah, that's pretty smart."

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-13-2006, 05:47 AM   #618
Level 4 - Thinker

so i'm gonna be in toronto from the 22nd to the 26th, main reason for going is to see tool of course. I have been to Toronto before so i am familar with getting around and stuff. The girl that is going with me has never been there before, so I am just looking for some cool places that I can take her such as restaurants, clubs, shops, museums etc. Any recommendations??
I am familar with Yonge street and Queen Street but thats about it, what are some other cool areas of T.O
Old 09-13-2006, 06:12 AM   #619
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underalus View Post
You know how blair said this tool is tailored for the cheap seats? That's just screen images being projected on the stage so the stage looks like one of the screens except massive right? Or am I missing something entirely more significant to the experience. Personally, sound quality is of utmost importance so I wouldn't trade it for different visuals, I just want to know what exactly will be missed, if anything at all.
The sound at MA is fucking brilliant. Sorry for the bad language....but seriously you'll die it's awesome. Even on the lawn it's killer there.

Oh yeah and Kid Canada: I really think that stabbing people is approximately correct retribution for throwing things at performers....perhaps I could hold them down while you stab them???

Cool

-David Cross
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-13-2006, 06:20 AM   #620
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Thanks for not spoiling Foping - is the band actually cutting out songs? As in only playing for maybe 80 minutes? That's nuts...

I will be driving 5 hours to see this show, and then 5 hours home the next day, I better get a good show, and I don't care if Maynard's sick, the band can play D/R/T without him and add a few other things instead of just cutting a show short...that would be very unfortunate.
They cut a few songs out, and some of them Maynard just stopped singing mid-way through. Tool karaoke...

He has ten days to get better...he will.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:59 AM   #621
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph83 View Post
so i'm gonna be in toronto from the 22nd to the 26th, main reason for going is to see tool of course. I have been to Toronto before so i am familar with getting around and stuff. The girl that is going with me has never been there before, so I am just looking for some cool places that I can take her such as restaurants, clubs, shops, museums etc. Any recommendations??
I am familar with Yonge street and Queen Street but thats about it, what are some other cool areas of T.O
hey dude.

im too lazy to post ideas here, but i live downtown, if you need ideas of places to check out than just hit me up on msn.

[email protected]

peeeeeeas.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-15-2006, 12:16 AM   #622
Level 7 - Loquacious

OFFLINE |  
Old 09-15-2006, 07:18 AM   #623
Level 4 - Thinker

Hey kids - anyone looking for tickets?

I have 2 for sale in the 400's at cost ($85 each)
email me at [email protected] if you are interested
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-15-2006, 07:22 AM   #624
Level 4 - Thinker

I also have a ticket to see roger waters this wednesday - would be sitting with me and 2 others in section 106 if you are interested. also at cost of $110.
[email protected]
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-15-2006, 11:58 AM   #625
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

hey toronto people, this is a long shot but I'm looking for 2 really cool guys I met at the hummingbird show who were sitting in the left orchestra(3) row KK. I was the girl from california who came out for the show that was sitting right in front of you. I'm coming back to toronto for the molson show and was hoping to find you and meet up for a drink. send me a pm or email me at [email protected] if you see this post.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #626
Level 9 - Obstreperous

pics? j/k :) 8 days people, and I just got my primus tickets for the nov. show - couldn't have asked for a better year for concerts!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-15-2006, 12:42 PM   #627
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

anyone going to Alice in Chains on November 5th?
I really want to go but none of my friends want to, and I'm not too keen on going by myself.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-15-2006, 07:32 PM   #628
Level 9 - Obstreperous

i almost got tickets, but its too far and too expensive a trip for AIC without layne....if only they hit up mtl....

Anyone checking out PRIMUS??
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-16-2006, 06:58 AM   #629
Level 3 - Talker

Hey everyone. Man, SEVEN DAYS!!!!!!!! soooooo soon. Capt. Sith Park I'm in GA Floors along with my friend who came to the Hummingbird in May. Thats so awesome that your doin another seating chart. At the last show everyone was asking me where i could buy one. And has anyone thought about meeting somewhere before the show like last time? If so I'd deffinately be there. Well then see you all in seven days!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-16-2006, 10:22 AM   #630
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Anyone checking out PRIMUS??
Well...he's not quite PRIMUS, but I'm heading out the door to check out John Mayer in a little bit. Rock.

No, I'm not kidding.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-16-2006, 05:17 PM   #631

Bincount™: 51

holy fucking shit...next week is coming soon. know what I mean?

I have decided to wait in the loser/looser/boozer/frequent drug user line.

anyone with me?
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-16-2006, 05:38 PM   #632
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

holy shit PRIMUS and ALICE IN CHAINS in November!! I'll probably only have cash flow to go to one...but damn this looks to be a good season for shows....

ONE MORE WEEK
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-16-2006, 05:57 PM   #633
Level 10 - Vehement

For some reason I dont think I ever looked at what my Tool floor tickets cost after all the charges.

$85 each. Jesus tapdancing christ. Tool are one of the very few bands that are worth it, but fuck if this a far reach from them playing the Warehouse in 1996 for $24. Didnt know inflation has gone up 350% in a decade, fuck you Tool.

lol.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-16-2006, 05:58 PM   #634
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_wh0re View Post
holy fucking shit...next week is coming soon. know what I mean?

I have decided to wait in the loser/looser/boozer/frequent drug user line.

anyone with me?
what the fuck line are you talking about?

anyone check out the free Beyone concert on Friday night?
it was awesome.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-17-2006, 08:40 AM   #635
Level 3 - Talker

Can anybody please tell me how much the tickets (seating) come to after taxes, and ticketmaster 'B/C we can' charges?
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-17-2006, 08:45 AM   #636
Level 9 - Obstreperous

mine came to $85, just like someone above posted
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-17-2006, 09:38 AM   #637
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
mine came to $85, just like someone above posted
thanks, guess i missed that post. I was curious because my buddy who got tix was telling me they came to 95 or 97 bucks; that sounded high to me.
Does the amphitheatre charge a fee as well?
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-17-2006, 02:16 PM   #638
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Mine were 85 also, more expensive than I expected. As for fees at the MA I'm pretty sure no, just for parking I think but someone else would have to confirm that.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:25 PM   #639
Level 9 - Obstreperous

your buddy is ripping you off.

the tickets are $70 with a $5 venue (MA) fee, and $10 ticket fee.

the only way he isn't ripping you, is if he got them shipped some fast/expensive way and is adding that into the total.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #640
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post
For some reason I dont think I ever looked at what my Tool floor tickets cost after all the charges.

$85 each. Jesus tapdancing christ. Tool are one of the very few bands that are worth it, but fuck if this a far reach from them playing the Warehouse in 1996 for $24. Didnt know inflation has gone up 350% in a decade, fuck you Tool.

lol.
I ended up paying 215 dollars for mine...i have a friend that paid 350 for a closer seat in the same section as mine..... im 201

but yeah, my first time seeing Tool is worth it for sure

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: