opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: May-July 2006
User Name
Password
Old 05-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/06/22 - Bologna, ITA - Palamalaguti

SETLIST --

Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right In Two
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

Gig was moved from Land Rover Arena to Palamalaguti.

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-22-2006, 01:31 AM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/22 - Bologna, ITA - Land Rover Arena

Correction: The Show has been moved to "Casalecchio di Reno", a little citadel 7 km near Bologna. The new room name is "Palamalaguti".
Old 06-22-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Re: 2006/06/22 - Bologna, ITA - Palamalaguti

Great is not enough.

The room was very hot, so most of people stripped out. This was good for girls, but not so much for boys, too. I was near the box, and we were all wet.
Show started around 21.00 'o clock, with no "special guest". The playlist has been the same of all the concerts before. The sound was really good, the room was almost full in the backside, and almost free in the upsides.
Like in every concert, Maynard singed shoulders to public, in the shadows. His voice was amazing, I cannot believe this. I also cannot believe the perfection of drummer Danny Carey who made no mistake. If you could hear this live on headphones, you shouldn't see any difference with studio recs. They were perfect.
Guitarist moved his head forward and behind during all the show.. I don't know what he drank or smoked, but I think it was a nice stuff.

People has been really animated and excited on the performance of Stinkfist and 46 & 2, I certainly saw many guys on the floor (: They stopped only for 2 minutes and after sang Vicarious and Ænema. I can't tell which song I liked more, people seemed to like it all, maybe with a particular regard to Lateralus, probabily their most-known track.

They played for nearly 90 mins, the playlist time (1h 23') plus many short or long extensions especially in the intros.

There have been a large number of girls and this incresed the show beauty ^L^

If anyone saw this show and wants to contact me, I'm pleased to receive PM's.
Ty (and sorry for my bad English).

Last edited by tetrafarmakon; 06-23-2006 at 02:27 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-23-2006, 12:30 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Setlist:

- Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
- Rosetta Stoned
- Stinkfist (extended)
- Forty-Six & 2 (with a little intro)
- Jambi
- Schism (extended)
interlude -
(an excerpt from "Intension")
- Right In Two
interlude -
(something a bit noisy and psychedelic, not "Merkaba")
- Sober
- Lateralus
break -
(The band keep on stage, sitting where MJK stay during the show,
drinking and talking, looking at the crowd and occasionally inciting
the people to scream)
Encores:
- Vicarious
- Ænema
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-23-2006, 01:44 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

great show. really. I was there in Rome the previous night, and there was an unefficient acoustic (not to point the finger and blame tool, but the location was unable to host a similar event, the sound was redudant). Last night great show, same setlist as Rome, but yeah, it was incredible.

I really liked Justin in these two italian dates. He was warmer than the others. And he's the english one... there's something wrong....You're really great Justin. Maynard did a great performance, most of all in Right in Two and Sober, he sang very very well, while he lost the rhythm in lateralus (magnificient Danny) in the verses "reaching up to embrace the rhythm..."
Adam static as always, but yeah, very good performance.

Maynardism:

"blablablablabla 10,000 Days... blablbalbalabalabala Jambi"
[and starts the song...]

"Buonasera, and congratulations for your victory tonight"
[referring to the victory of Italy at the World Cup]
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-23-2006, 02:27 AM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

just got back from bologna...sooo...
it's hard to keep close to the stage when you're a woman, 1,64m tall/small, so after rosetta stoned i went up the stairs and had a great view and enough place to move...
my first time seeing tool and i loved every second of it..
maynard-perfect voice..loved his jumping and running around during rosetta stoned..danny-he's not a human...he just can't be..justin-his moving made me,i don't know...i just smile..and adam-static,but perfect...
every single soul in the crowd shouting "why can't we drink forever?!", "not enough!i need more!"...and each song just the same....i mean...that's just something every person who loves their work should experience...

and let's not forget maynards "see you soon" :)))
Old 06-23-2006, 02:43 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajana
just got back from bologna...sooo...
it's hard to keep close to the stage when you're a woman, 1,64m tall/small, so after rosetta stoned i went up the stairs and had a great view and enough place to move...
I can believe you. It has been really very very hard to keep closer to the box, I've been lucky following a group of wild guys who shook everythink they met!
I saw so many guys quarrelling.. It was fun XD

At half concert I cannot stay more there, I was unable to breathe and being in a sweat, so went to the upstairs..
But I knew the playlist.. and knew that Vicarious was the second-last song so.. I came back closer to the band eblowing everywhere (:
Old 06-23-2006, 03:12 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

so... uh... it goes a little something like this
the band did a perfect job, didn't see much of justin, but every time i looked at him he was doing his "jesus having orgasm" dance... yeah, when the band came to the arena, justin arrived on his little bike and gave his hand to anyone who reached their hands through the fence, i was one of the lucky fellows :) that guy is just a burst of positive energy... a good surprise

adam... the way he just plays the guitar with his fleggmatic look made me laugh... he was just doing his job and kept looking at people, it's a wonderful feeling when the guitar player from your favourite band looks you in the eyes. i loved the squeeking intro before sober, btw, his talkbox solo on jambi was perfectly done, didn't notice mistakes

danny... OMFG... aaaaaahhhh... i expected perfection, but what i got was beyond perfection... i just can't fuckin believe it, i'm a drummer myself and i just stood there with my eyes wide open, couldn't believe it... i LOOOVED his solo on the fast schism part... danny is god...

and now maynard
heee... well... disappointed, but not too disappointed, had a few giant mistakes like in rosetta stoned (few mistakes), sober (wrong order but at least sounded good), lateralus (few mistakes), vicarious (i believe this was intentional, but he just stopped singing the whole outro, and that's probably the best part of the song)... his voice sounded terrible... not because he can't sing, but the sound was terrible... the other thing that bothered me is the fact that he turned his back to the audience and just waved his ass around 90% of the show

and we deserved it... the crowd SUCKED... full of rich shitheads who just came here to fight... i mean... moshing to the words "overthinking overanalyzing seperates the body from the mind" is like masturbating to maths... it really pissed me off... there was this one guy who practicaly raped my friend's sister... i mean he slipped his hands into the girl's pants and started to touch her and some other girls... i was kind of hoping i'm gonna see some more mature people on a tool show who really know how to enjoy tool and know the words from some songs.

so, we deserved maynard's ass.. but it was disappointing cause i traveled 7 hours from zagreb :/

conclusion... the show was great (except for the crowd) and i would love to see it again...
highlights:
lk/rosetta stoned, especially maynard who seemed like in a good mood... loved the waving behind the curtains :D... funny guy
sober... the intro
schism, especially danny
jambi, especially maynard's cowboy part :D

yeah, i was in front of the arena a few hours before the show, they had a rehersal and they played 10000 days, stinkfist and a bit of rosetta stoned
they played the whole 10000 days and believe me, they played it perfectly, so we can really expect it on the new tour (if it's gonna happen) :)

a za sve hrvate... razocarali me talijani, zalosno je bilo sve sto su radili u publici, mislim na nadrogirane pojedince kojih je bilo previse... koncert bi bio puno bolji da je bio u domu sportova ;)

see you soon :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-23-2006, 07:24 AM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

OFFLINE |  
Old 06-23-2006, 09:13 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 177

nice pics d00d
Old 06-23-2006, 09:41 AM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

I'd like to add one little thing...
yesterday, at the soundcheck, they played 10,000 Days, the song.
So one day maybe...

Yes, it's true.

Monday I'll post more pics (even better?) of the Rome gig on toolshed.it
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-23-2006, 09:47 AM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Next concert in Poland..got little hope for 10,000 days... :)
Old 06-23-2006, 10:49 AM   #13
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Bucky- I was also dissapointed when maynard did't sing the vicarious outro..for me that's the best part of the song,so i was pretty sad not to hear it from him...
i was also in the front of the arena when they played 10000days..hoping to hear it few hours later...but..in november hopefully... :)
were we possibly in the same bus to bologna?art travel agnecy?

i da..malo i na hrvatskome..mene su isto razocarali...i ovi u publici,ali i oni koje smo sreli vani..nitko ne zna engleski..a dobro..bili mi smjesni kak su govorili tulj i majnard.. :))
Old 06-23-2006, 11:13 AM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
i da..malo i na hrvatskome..mene su isto razocarali...i ovi u publici,ali i oni koje smo sreli vani..nitko ne zna engleski..a dobro..bili mi smjesni kak su govorili tulj i majnard.. :))
ja sam bio na certu u Milanu, isto brate talijani nemaju pojma sa engleskim, jedini lik koga sam upoznao na certu je sa juga Italije, tacnije Sicilije i on kao nesto zna, nabadao je reci al bar smo se sporazumeli a sto se tice publike, pijani grci i italijani su pravili nered bre, jebote ko jos radi sutke uz Tool,i to one najgore moguce, to je necuveno
pozdrav iz Srbije
i da upoznao sam par Hrvata u Milanu na koncertu
Sep 5th `07
--------------------
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-23-2006, 11:30 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show. Bellissimo!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #16
Level 2 - Poster

My first Tool show. And it was perfect from the beginning till the end. The one thing that dissapointed me a little bit was the outro of Vicarious, but what the hell...The long drive from Croatia was worth it...

I certainly hope that they will be coming back to Italy some time when I don't have exams...

e i pozdrav ljudima iz hrvatske da, vidio sam tamo neke ljude koje znam...recimo onog dja iz mochvare. tebe bucky nisam vidio. bo.al dobro, ja sam bio na tribini gore...pozdrav
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-23-2006, 10:25 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

great gig at all.. highlights of the show:
- 46&2
- sober (fantastic intro)
- lateralus
- vicarious
- aenima

there were 30% of people that are not real tool fans.. and a lot of wasted ones..

uglavnom, ja sam se kidao, al doslovce kidao od smijeha kad su poceli skandirat TULJ TULJ TULJ TULJ!! jebote presmijesno!! hahaha!! i da, 100% bolje bilo bi da je konc. bio u domu sportova.. pa ajmo mi lijepo peticiju pisat :)
imam dojam ko da su hrvati, slov. i srbi bili ravnomjerni u broju ako ne i vecina.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-24-2006, 12:30 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

hey everyone! ... it was my first tool show. apsolutely incredible....there are no words to describe it. even though the crowd was half drunk and half high, I had blast and loved every second of it. my favorites were schism, sober, 46&2,aenima...like for the most---outro of vicarious was a total dissapointment.but that doesn't matter. on the end---aenima---:"and I'm praying for rain..." lyrics completely suited the atmosphere. I was bathing in sweat and literally praying for rain ;) like i said the show was unbelievable... maynard said "see you soon" ---I mean that must of ment something...it sure as hell left me hoping . and at the beginning when he was reffering to italians and there victory...I don't know about you but it seemed to me like this concert was OUR (tool fans) victory....
evo malo hrvatskog. koncert je bio nenadjebiv. talijani su bili za k****. iiiii definitivno glasam za dom sportova. molim boga da dodju.pa makar u bec. neznam za vas,al sve mi je nekako brzo proslo. i..i.. buljim u plakat ..ii .. sve me podsjeća na tool...."not enough I need more!!!"
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-24-2006, 01:56 AM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Bucky- I was also dissapointed when maynard did't sing the vicarious outro..for me that's the best part of the song,so i was pretty sad not to hear it from him...
i was also in the front of the arena when they played 10000days..hoping to hear it few hours later...but..in november hopefully... :)
were we possibly in the same bus to bologna?art travel agnecy?

da e i ja sam bio na art travelu. bio sam jedini tam na koncertu s apc majicom koja ima smaragdno zelene detalje. mogla si me po tome prepoznat, da uglavnom, ocekivao sam previse od koncerta, tj vjerojatno od publike. koncert mi nije tak ispunio sva ocekivanja, sva sreca pa je tu danny koji je sve fino izbalansirao
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2006, 02:24 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

......where to begin......
this show sucked..... the dumb f.....g show goers completely ignored the band's request for not using flash photography.

žMaynard said at the beginning "You have your victory". Seems like he was reffering to 4000 idiots that were flashing their nuts off. so for the rest of the show we saw only his beautiful spine column tattoo. I've been to two shows befor this one and.... this one sucked. First one was in milan and the other in Vienna. Milan was a veritable LSD trip of a performance.

Band's coldness could be attributed to dumb f...s flashing or something. Could have been better..... Much better
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2006, 04:53 AM   #21
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nurzur Mekanotehnik
......where to begin......
this show sucked..... the dumb f.....g show goers completely ignored the band's request for not using flash photography.

žMaynard said at the beginning "You have your victory". Seems like he was reffering to 4000 idiots that were flashing their nuts off. so for the rest of the show we saw only his beautiful spine column tattoo.
Dear friend, the only idiot here is you.
Maynard said: "Buonasera (english: Good evening), and congratulations for your victory today" referring to the soccer match Italy - Czech Republic won by the Italian team. I hope you'll feel stupid as you are, now.

STFU, please.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:54 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrafarmakon
Dear friend, the only idiot here is you.
Maynard said: "Buonasera (english: Good evening), and congratulations for your victory today" referring to the soccer match Italy - Czech Republic won by the Italian team. I hope you'll feel stupid as you are, now.

STFU, please.

well, i admit to making a mistake in interpreting Maynard's words (mostly because i hate football), but the show still sucked as did you Italian flash-using scumf....s. DD MF!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 04:47 AM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

I went to shows in England back in 2001/2002, also I saw tool at Rock Im Park ( festivals usually aren't good for watching tool). I had big expections like you did about Bologna-the crowd blew it though. I knew not to bring my camera, even on my wifes insistance. The idiots throwing crap on stage, WTF? Tool shows are outfits for mosh pits and smash fests. I never have seen a crowd setting like I did at the malaguti. When I was at Rock Im Park the Korn ( lead singer from my high school) show brought out the radicals, but the Tool show, which followed, was in complete harmony and peace. The only thing that disappointed me about the band was that ther venue was identical as the Rock Im Park- not a usually part of the Tool experienc e, and wow was it load, and distorted at the palamalaguti.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 04:52 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Everyone following the world cup new what MJK was refering to, people that don't follow it, and I can understand why, watching a game for 2 hours that ends nil nil, like last nights game can be horribly boring. Just because they didn't know what MJK was refering to doesn't make someone an idiot, of course Tool has been following the games closing, as well as going to them, so Tool fans ( the ones with no life like myself) should probably know a little better.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 06:44 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

It's not a good evening for Maynard... the Bands it's really ok... but the terrible and caotic sound of the hot (40 centigrades minimum!!!!) Palamalaguti don't be good for the singer...
the last two songs it's very terrible...
I've seen Tool 3 days ago in Milano... Maynard it's Perfectly... (and the set include 1 songs, The Pot, not included in the other two italian dates )... The Stage is too big... and the sounds good...
Tool is a perfectly Bands.. it's an UFO in the Music... but tonight don't really start... only play the music...
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

it was so fucking great!my first Tool concert...Danny is god:)...we were upstairs...the view was amazing...maybe we didn't hear maynard very well beacuse we were more on right side...but what the hell...i really enjoyed...and we are going again:)...i tulj tulj...jei...kako si marine?
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: