Password
paraflux
04-27-2007, 10:41 AM

Jambi
Stinkfist ext
46&2
Schism ext
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Flood (with the Kids in the Hall song in between!)
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-10-2007 at 08:23 AM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/07/09 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum

Jambi
Stinkfist ext
46&2
Schism ext
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-10-2007 at 08:23 AM..
OFFLINE |  
fetisha
07-09-2007, 08:18 PM

Show was EXCELLENT! =)

Setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Maynard apologized for their "awful cover" of the Kids in the Hall song =)

I was so happy to hear Flood. I've been waiting for it! Crowd was a lot better than the last show. Maynard's vocals were a lot more clear, which was awesome.

Danny, as always, was a machine. Justin chugged 2 beers in a matter of minutes, which was funny.

Great show =)
Old 07-09-2007, 08:18 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/09 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum

Show was EXCELLENT! =)

Setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Maynard apologized for their "awful cover" of the Kids in the Hall song =)

I was so happy to hear Flood. I've been waiting for it! Crowd was a lot better than the last show. Maynard's vocals were a lot more clear, which was awesome.

Danny, as always, was a machine. Justin chugged 2 beers in a matter of minutes, which was funny.

Great show =)
OFFLINE |  
greenjelly
07-09-2007, 08:34 PM

Good fucking god what a show!
far, far better than the june 24th show. didnt realy care for jambi as an opener despite the positive reviews. Jambi and skinkfist and 46 & 2 were all extended if i heard correctly. the highlight of the show was certainly Flood with the full fuckin intro!! wasnt too sure about that "cover of kids in the hall" in the middle but the song was performed absoultely perfectly. Lateralus with the middle extension was just unreal. vicarious was a bit of a weak closer following lateralus and all its greatness. nonetheless the best concert ii've ever seen. the boys delivered tonight!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Good fucking god what a show!
far, far better than the june 24th show. didnt realy care for jambi as an opener despite the positive reviews. Jambi and skinkfist and 46 & 2 were all extended if i heard correctly. the highlight of the show was certainly Flood with the full fuckin intro!! wasnt too sure about that "cover of kids in the hall" in the middle but the song was performed absoultely perfectly. Lateralus with the middle extension was just unreal. vicarious was a bit of a weak closer following lateralus and all its greatness. nonetheless the best concert ii've ever seen. the boys delivered tonight!
OFFLINE |  
properlejdi's Avatar properlejdi
07-09-2007, 08:42 PM

Finally something from Undertow, Flood was incredible...I think I...wait I KNOW I pooped a little when I heard Danny and Justin break into it. Way better than the first show in June, back to old form, still missing AEnema at the end, but hey beggars can't be choosers. Need a shower to wash the fat sweaty guys from the pit off but all in all much better, Oh yeah Danny was icing his right arm after the first set, any problems? or just tennis elbow?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:42 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Finally something from Undertow, Flood was incredible...I think I...wait I KNOW I pooped a little when I heard Danny and Justin break into it. Way better than the first show in June, back to old form, still missing AEnema at the end, but hey beggars can't be choosers. Need a shower to wash the fat sweaty guys from the pit off but all in all much better, Oh yeah Danny was icing his right arm after the first set, any problems? or just tennis elbow?
OFFLINE |  
Stumble's Avatar Stumble
07-09-2007, 09:08 PM

there was some definite poop in my drawers after flood, i'm certain of it. the boys came out swinging tonight i'll say that for sure. side note...where do these meatheads come from who just want to mosh, if i wasn't all 140 pounds i might of had something to say...
Old 07-09-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

there was some definite poop in my drawers after flood, i'm certain of it. the boys came out swinging tonight i'll say that for sure. side note...where do these meatheads come from who just want to mosh, if i wasn't all 140 pounds i might of had something to say...
07-09-2007, 09:12 PM

Great show. I was in the 200 level for this show, and finally caught the full range of the stage show (I had GA for the June show and 100-level at the Ampitheater last year).

The lazers were basically eye-level where I was sitting, and the way that images on the screens all melted and flowed into each other and onto the floor.

And believe it or not, i actually had an excellent view of the band (we were in the first row of the 200 level, in section 211 which is essentially just slightly diagonal from the side of the stage, closest to Justin and Danny).

I was pissed wehn I got these tickets at frist, but I actually really liked them.

Good energy from the crowd too.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:12 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 255

Great show. I was in the 200 level for this show, and finally caught the full range of the stage show (I had GA for the June show and 100-level at the Ampitheater last year).

The lazers were basically eye-level where I was sitting, and the way that images on the screens all melted and flowed into each other and onto the floor.

And believe it or not, i actually had an excellent view of the band (we were in the first row of the 200 level, in section 211 which is essentially just slightly diagonal from the side of the stage, closest to Justin and Danny).

I was pissed wehn I got these tickets at frist, but I actually really liked them.

Good energy from the crowd too.
07-09-2007, 09:39 PM

Out of the 6 times I've seen them, that was the best.

I know I've bitched about the setlist lately, but honestly....after hearing, seeing, experiencing how fucking tight and intense Lateralus and Wings sounds now, I think I'll shut up. Wings is a long intense journey, and I dont think I ever really tapped into it, or appreciated it until tonight. Ahhh, really fucking good show.

I was so happy to hear Flood, then really really confused when they started playing that cover, then apeshit when Flood came back on, then dancing like a goddamn nutjob for most of the song completely bewildered how few people around me on the floor seemed to know it.

Rosetta Stoned still sounds a lot better on record than live, imo. The only slight disappointment of the night for me.

Either way, Amazing show, as good as it was to hear the older stuff at the beginning of the set, that 30 minute span of Lateralus and Wings was just ridiculous.

Crowd was for the most part great, a bunch of moshing at the beginning and then everyone got high, lol, and mellowed out, good times. Loved the response the band got at the end. Everyone just said thank you thank you thank you, for the music. We know they might not be back for 5 years, so it was nice to hear them absolutely destroy the whole building tonight.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:39 PM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

Out of the 6 times I've seen them, that was the best.

I know I've bitched about the setlist lately, but honestly....after hearing, seeing, experiencing how fucking tight and intense Lateralus and Wings sounds now, I think I'll shut up. Wings is a long intense journey, and I dont think I ever really tapped into it, or appreciated it until tonight. Ahhh, really fucking good show.

I was so happy to hear Flood, then really really confused when they started playing that cover, then apeshit when Flood came back on, then dancing like a goddamn nutjob for most of the song completely bewildered how few people around me on the floor seemed to know it.

Rosetta Stoned still sounds a lot better on record than live, imo. The only slight disappointment of the night for me.

Either way, Amazing show, as good as it was to hear the older stuff at the beginning of the set, that 30 minute span of Lateralus and Wings was just ridiculous.

Crowd was for the most part great, a bunch of moshing at the beginning and then everyone got high, lol, and mellowed out, good times. Loved the response the band got at the end. Everyone just said thank you thank you thank you, for the music. We know they might not be back for 5 years, so it was nice to hear them absolutely destroy the whole building tonight.
OFFLINE |  
DaysLater
07-09-2007, 09:47 PM

WOW! Truly, the best concert TOOL ever. Had 'floors, myself. Met some awesome people. I had great position on the floors near the right. 4 or 5 back from being front of Justin Chancellor, who was stellar to say the least. Very cool set up and light show. Loooooong in my opinion, but best ever. Sounds "light" description wise comiing from me, but details can't really sum up the energy of the show. The communal smokes were also a highlight.

The Two tattooed blonde and brunette sweeties for example were awesome. for company Total props to them. Us singing along, being dazzled and amazed. That concert was totaly intoxicating.
I should have stuck around after but I was completelyover$%$#ingwhelmed and its a fair drive from hamilton to mississauga.

Poster survived despite extensive moshings of not really my 'thing'. I didnt mind except when it continued when they were not even playings. I cant begin to describe the concerts briliance then to compare it to the most awesome set of tattoes I saw. THe blonde angel had both complete arms with 'third eyes' just to start. Incredible number of people ever.

The band should release that live.

Love my TOOL hat. too much of a fan for my own good I think. Can that be a bad thing?

Last edited by DaysLater; 07-10-2007 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: Was too tired at tiem of posting.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:47 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

WOW! Truly, the best concert TOOL ever. Had 'floors, myself. Met some awesome people. I had great position on the floors near the right. 4 or 5 back from being front of Justin Chancellor, who was stellar to say the least. Very cool set up and light show. Loooooong in my opinion, but best ever. Sounds "light" description wise comiing from me, but details can't really sum up the energy of the show. The communal smokes were also a highlight.

The Two tattooed blonde and brunette sweeties for example were awesome. for company Total props to them. Us singing along, being dazzled and amazed. That concert was totaly intoxicating.
I should have stuck around after but I was completelyover$%$#ingwhelmed and its a fair drive from hamilton to mississauga.

Poster survived despite extensive moshings of not really my 'thing'. I didnt mind except when it continued when they were not even playings. I cant begin to describe the concerts briliance then to compare it to the most awesome set of tattoes I saw. THe blonde angel had both complete arms with 'third eyes' just to start. Incredible number of people ever.

The band should release that live.

Love my TOOL hat. too much of a fan for my own good I think. Can that be a bad thing?

Last edited by DaysLater; 07-10-2007 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: Was too tired at tiem of posting.
OFFLINE |  
iwishimay
07-09-2007, 10:03 PM

my third tool concert, and by far the best. could hear maynard perfectly. did anyone catch what he said before and after Jambi? i was waiting in the beer line for that song.
:( and omg.. flood. they fucking nailed it. amazing night. must.. sleep.. now. peace
Old 07-09-2007, 10:03 PM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

my third tool concert, and by far the best. could hear maynard perfectly. did anyone catch what he said before and after Jambi? i was waiting in the beer line for that song.
:( and omg.. flood. they fucking nailed it. amazing night. must.. sleep.. now. peace
OFFLINE |  
ben_1112
07-09-2007, 10:12 PM

Great show!

I was at the very front of the floor, right against the rail in front of Adam (who had his hair in braided pigtails, hahah). Maynard couldn't be heard too well at times, but he was still audible. Could see exactly what all the band members were doing, so that was awesome. I've never been that close to the band before. Oh, and I caught one of Danny's sticks at the end!

Jambi was a great opener, everyone around me in the pit was enjoying it. Maynard's poses were hilarious, he seemed really into it tonight, moving around a lot.

Stinkfist really got the crowd going, the extended bridge in the middle amazed me like it always does. Forty-Six & 2 was rockin', as usual. Once again, Danny's drum solo blew me away. The double-time part in Schism had my buddy's jaw to the floor; he's a drummer and this was his first Tool show. Needless to say, Carey is now his hero.

Lost Keys/Rosetta was a lot better than the last time I saw them in Toronto. No screwups, plus the lighters during Lost Keys was amazing to see. Would have been nicer if Maynard was a bit more audible, I could barely make out what he was saying throughout the song.

Flood was exactly as one would expect it to be; AWESOME. The Kids In The Hall song completely caught me off guard, I had no idea what was going on. Pretty funny, though. The visuals during this song were perfect.

Wings/10k was so much tighter this time around. It was good to see the crowd respecting Maynard and toning it down with the screaming. However, the few people who were crowd surfing kinda pissed me off. The lasers during this song are incredible, even better than the last time I saw them.

Lateralus was definitely the performance of the night; the crowd was totally into it, Maynard was awesome as was Adam, and Danny's solo completely floored me, as well as that ridiculous gong hit near the end. Justin chugged a beer while playing the extended part, the man is invincible.

Vicarious had the crowd singing along, rockin' as it always is. Maynard skipped the "Vicariously I live while the whole world dies" part, but other than that, he did a great job.

I caught Danny's drum stick! Didn't expect it to come our way, it was a great way to end the night.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

Great show!

I was at the very front of the floor, right against the rail in front of Adam (who had his hair in braided pigtails, hahah). Maynard couldn't be heard too well at times, but he was still audible. Could see exactly what all the band members were doing, so that was awesome. I've never been that close to the band before. Oh, and I caught one of Danny's sticks at the end!

Jambi was a great opener, everyone around me in the pit was enjoying it. Maynard's poses were hilarious, he seemed really into it tonight, moving around a lot.

Stinkfist really got the crowd going, the extended bridge in the middle amazed me like it always does. Forty-Six & 2 was rockin', as usual. Once again, Danny's drum solo blew me away. The double-time part in Schism had my buddy's jaw to the floor; he's a drummer and this was his first Tool show. Needless to say, Carey is now his hero.

Lost Keys/Rosetta was a lot better than the last time I saw them in Toronto. No screwups, plus the lighters during Lost Keys was amazing to see. Would have been nicer if Maynard was a bit more audible, I could barely make out what he was saying throughout the song.

Flood was exactly as one would expect it to be; AWESOME. The Kids In The Hall song completely caught me off guard, I had no idea what was going on. Pretty funny, though. The visuals during this song were perfect.

Wings/10k was so much tighter this time around. It was good to see the crowd respecting Maynard and toning it down with the screaming. However, the few people who were crowd surfing kinda pissed me off. The lasers during this song are incredible, even better than the last time I saw them.

Lateralus was definitely the performance of the night; the crowd was totally into it, Maynard was awesome as was Adam, and Danny's solo completely floored me, as well as that ridiculous gong hit near the end. Justin chugged a beer while playing the extended part, the man is invincible.

Vicarious had the crowd singing along, rockin' as it always is. Maynard skipped the "Vicariously I live while the whole world dies" part, but other than that, he did a great job.

I caught Danny's drum stick! Didn't expect it to come our way, it was a great way to end the night.
OFFLINE |  
SadSummerSea's Avatar SadSummerSea
07-09-2007, 10:18 PM

wow.
who the fuck does stuff like that?

this was my 8th show and BY FAR the best. i've been wanting to see flood live for as long as i can remember.

that extention in schism was fucking mind blowing.

sorry again to the guy beside me who i attacked when the flood note hit. you were there and you were cool and i was just too fucking excited.

and an encore "fuck you" to the broad in the sun dress who kept spilling beer on us and "woo" screaming in the middle of wings.

i however wasnt a fan of the clapping during 10,000 days and was a little embarrased that the crowd was so roudy during such an intimate moment. just let the man sing. and after he blatantly says - no flash camera's please - dont take more fucking pictures. we're lucky they didnt walk off, to be honest. i saw at least 10 flashes go off within a minute after the warning.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #11
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553

wow.
who the fuck does stuff like that?

this was my 8th show and BY FAR the best. i've been wanting to see flood live for as long as i can remember.

that extention in schism was fucking mind blowing.

sorry again to the guy beside me who i attacked when the flood note hit. you were there and you were cool and i was just too fucking excited.

and an encore "fuck you" to the broad in the sun dress who kept spilling beer on us and "woo" screaming in the middle of wings.

i however wasnt a fan of the clapping during 10,000 days and was a little embarrased that the crowd was so roudy during such an intimate moment. just let the man sing. and after he blatantly says - no flash camera's please - dont take more fucking pictures. we're lucky they didnt walk off, to be honest. i saw at least 10 flashes go off within a minute after the warning.
OFFLINE |  
searing
07-09-2007, 10:19 PM

Another great show, were definitely more people, though I don't believe they were much louder then during the last show. Perhaps having an entire Sunday to indulge before the show was a factor.

Canadiana - Kids in the Hall was cool, but what was much cooler was the return of Adam's intro of A Passage to Bangkok by Rush, to start the show.

Flood, Jambi, Rosetta Stoned and Lateralus all highlights. People were generally really cool but did tame it down after the first half or so, lots of smoke going around.

Anyway, way too late and need to be up in 4 hours.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Another great show, were definitely more people, though I don't believe they were much louder then during the last show. Perhaps having an entire Sunday to indulge before the show was a factor.

Canadiana - Kids in the Hall was cool, but what was much cooler was the return of Adam's intro of A Passage to Bangkok by Rush, to start the show.

Flood, Jambi, Rosetta Stoned and Lateralus all highlights. People were generally really cool but did tame it down after the first half or so, lots of smoke going around.

Anyway, way too late and need to be up in 4 hours.
OFFLINE |  
Imdrowning's Avatar Imdrowning
07-09-2007, 10:29 PM

Key moment: The burning sun that Adam stood right in the middle of during his talk-box solo in Jambi. Coolest lighting thing of the night. Actually it was pretty cool when they got everyone lighting their lighters. They did it at molson amphitheatre too... I was up in the nosebleeds for this show, which I guess is karma because I was lucky enough to get into the one at the hummingbird centre. I couldn't hear Maynard at all up there. Whose birthday did he say it was? Where was aenima!?

Last edited by Imdrowning; 07-10-2007 at 12:31 AM..
Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Key moment: The burning sun that Adam stood right in the middle of during his talk-box solo in Jambi. Coolest lighting thing of the night. Actually it was pretty cool when they got everyone lighting their lighters. They did it at molson amphitheatre too... I was up in the nosebleeds for this show, which I guess is karma because I was lucky enough to get into the one at the hummingbird centre. I couldn't hear Maynard at all up there. Whose birthday did he say it was? Where was aenima!?

Last edited by Imdrowning; 07-10-2007 at 12:31 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Reluctant Messiah's Avatar Reluctant Messiah
07-09-2007, 11:01 PM

Second Tool show for me, the first was in Calgary last August, and its hard for me to decide which was better.

I wana end on a high note, so Ill list the cons first:

-I dont know if it was just where I was sitting, but the sound was terrible compared to Calgary. In Calgary I was practically on the floor, tonight we were way up on the second balcony. I could barely hear Maynard through the entire show, especially during the beginning of Rosseta Stoned, which I was really looking forward too. The drums I found were too quite at times too, and the sound got muddy at spots as well. On top of that, the sound was just quiet in general. When they played Clagary the entire place SHOOK, litterally, and my ears rang long into the next day. Tonight i could barely hear them over the idiots singin behind me (more on them after) and my ears are barely ringing.

-to the idiots behind me I wana say that yes, we get your excited, but please shut up, especially during wings/10000 days which they talked all the way through. The one guy hit me over the head about ten times with the shirt which he was swingin around. and as I said earlier, since the band was quiet I could barely hear Maynard when these guys were singing. Im just thankful they sung on key, though it got really annoying when they sung the guitar solos too.

-now Im very open about music and I like a lot of styles, but I'm not a big fan of the band that opened for Tool, the drummer was fantastis, but I couldnt hear the bass and the singer just sounded like he was yelling. That and all their songs sounded the same. Isis opened for them in Calgary and I was hoping to discover another new awesome band, but sadly I didn't.

-No "The Pot", :(

Now that I've gotten all that off my chest, lets go onto the good stuff, cause theres a heck of a lot more:

-Tool played fuckin AMAZING. from a playing perspective they played better than Calgary, VERY tight together. Adam nailed the solo in Jambi which had been a dissapointment for me in Calgary, its one of my favourite solos and it was perfect tonight. Justin was rocking out like crazy as usual, and Danny was a fuckin beast. Maynard, though I could barely hear him, sung really well and did a couple of fuckin awesome screams during Rossetta Stoned.

-The visuals blew Calgary absolutely out of the water. In Calgary they only had small screens behind each of them and had videos playing on the jumbotron above the floor, which meant you had to look up to see it, which got very annoying. Tonight there were large screens behind each of them AND two bigger screens on either side, as well as one hug one behind all of them and (since I got a birds eye view) the visuals on the stage, and the videos flowed between all the different screens perfectly. The light and lazers are a tie though, both shows were fantastic

-The Flood! enough said

-Seeings them play Wings for Mary and 10000 Days was practically a religious experience for me, I had shivers, it was so powerful. If I hadn't been with a bunch of friends I might have cried, no joke.

-all the extensions and ambient interludes were incredible, something you just cant get from listening to the CDs

-The free ticket I got in exchange for helping my friend move, :D

-Being the one guy out of the four of us who had to sit next to someone I didnt know (I wanted the isle seat, but I didnt get it), but that someone turned out to be two really awesome chicks, who hated the guys behind us just as much as we did.

So thats pretty much it, all in all it while it had its problems it was still better than any other non-tool show Ive seen so far (though the Red Hot Chili Peppers are ca close second). Cant wait till they come around again, but who knows when thatll be.

Wow, I wrote a fuckin lot, haha
Old 07-09-2007, 11:01 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Second Tool show for me, the first was in Calgary last August, and its hard for me to decide which was better.

I wana end on a high note, so Ill list the cons first:

-I dont know if it was just where I was sitting, but the sound was terrible compared to Calgary. In Calgary I was practically on the floor, tonight we were way up on the second balcony. I could barely hear Maynard through the entire show, especially during the beginning of Rosseta Stoned, which I was really looking forward too. The drums I found were too quite at times too, and the sound got muddy at spots as well. On top of that, the sound was just quiet in general. When they played Clagary the entire place SHOOK, litterally, and my ears rang long into the next day. Tonight i could barely hear them over the idiots singin behind me (more on them after) and my ears are barely ringing.

-to the idiots behind me I wana say that yes, we get your excited, but please shut up, especially during wings/10000 days which they talked all the way through. The one guy hit me over the head about ten times with the shirt which he was swingin around. and as I said earlier, since the band was quiet I could barely hear Maynard when these guys were singing. Im just thankful they sung on key, though it got really annoying when they sung the guitar solos too.

-now Im very open about music and I like a lot of styles, but I'm not a big fan of the band that opened for Tool, the drummer was fantastis, but I couldnt hear the bass and the singer just sounded like he was yelling. That and all their songs sounded the same. Isis opened for them in Calgary and I was hoping to discover another new awesome band, but sadly I didn't.

-No "The Pot", :(

Now that I've gotten all that off my chest, lets go onto the good stuff, cause theres a heck of a lot more:

-Tool played fuckin AMAZING. from a playing perspective they played better than Calgary, VERY tight together. Adam nailed the solo in Jambi which had been a dissapointment for me in Calgary, its one of my favourite solos and it was perfect tonight. Justin was rocking out like crazy as usual, and Danny was a fuckin beast. Maynard, though I could barely hear him, sung really well and did a couple of fuckin awesome screams during Rossetta Stoned.

-The visuals blew Calgary absolutely out of the water. In Calgary they only had small screens behind each of them and had videos playing on the jumbotron above the floor, which meant you had to look up to see it, which got very annoying. Tonight there were large screens behind each of them AND two bigger screens on either side, as well as one hug one behind all of them and (since I got a birds eye view) the visuals on the stage, and the videos flowed between all the different screens perfectly. The light and lazers are a tie though, both shows were fantastic

-The Flood! enough said

-Seeings them play Wings for Mary and 10000 Days was practically a religious experience for me, I had shivers, it was so powerful. If I hadn't been with a bunch of friends I might have cried, no joke.

-all the extensions and ambient interludes were incredible, something you just cant get from listening to the CDs

-The free ticket I got in exchange for helping my friend move, :D

-Being the one guy out of the four of us who had to sit next to someone I didnt know (I wanted the isle seat, but I didnt get it), but that someone turned out to be two really awesome chicks, who hated the guys behind us just as much as we did.

So thats pretty much it, all in all it while it had its problems it was still better than any other non-tool show Ive seen so far (though the Red Hot Chili Peppers are ca close second). Cant wait till they come around again, but who knows when thatll be.

Wow, I wrote a fuckin lot, haha
OFFLINE |  
BreakingGlass
07-10-2007, 12:02 AM

This show was just amazing! My 6th one and I think the band sounds better than ever. At the very least, they put as much energy into it tonight as I've ever seen them. Im gonna have to disagree with the general consensus that Rosetta Stoned is disappointing live - it blew me away tonight. The whole band rocked it so hard , I finally realized what an epic masterpeice it is. Its got such an intensity to it, what a great centerpeice for the show/album.
The whole show was great, really inspiring and reaffirmed that the band may yet reach its peak. Also, there was a familiar scent in the air for much of the show, hope no one minded. Great crowd too -Hobbins, Meagan, Jord - Booyakasha!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

This show was just amazing! My 6th one and I think the band sounds better than ever. At the very least, they put as much energy into it tonight as I've ever seen them. Im gonna have to disagree with the general consensus that Rosetta Stoned is disappointing live - it blew me away tonight. The whole band rocked it so hard , I finally realized what an epic masterpeice it is. Its got such an intensity to it, what a great centerpeice for the show/album.
The whole show was great, really inspiring and reaffirmed that the band may yet reach its peak. Also, there was a familiar scent in the air for much of the show, hope no one minded. Great crowd too -Hobbins, Meagan, Jord - Booyakasha!
OFFLINE |  
Eighteenth Eye's Avatar Eighteenth Eye
07-10-2007, 04:51 AM

Great show!

It is now my 2nd favourite Tool show just behind the 2001 ACC show that I don't believe can EVER be beat.

Maynard sounded better than the 24th tonight and was way more into the entire show. For some reason the bass drum didn't shake in my chest like the previous show but the drums were perfect as always.

Flood was the highlight of the show by far, the water on the screens was hypnotizing. It was played with so much power and it is great to see that Tool has not forgotten their earlier work....Now I just need to hear Merkaba and Opiate live and I will be 100% satisfied....Right now i am 98% satisfied.

Best band in the world, and it is proven to me over and over....despite the fact that I need no convincing.

I have never seen a girl with no pants on just collapse in the middle of a crowd until last night. I hope she is ok.

During Kids in the Hall cover the video screen had that guy with no head that just keeps waving to the crowd. That was one of the highlights of the ACC show and it was cool to see him again.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:51 AM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Great show!

It is now my 2nd favourite Tool show just behind the 2001 ACC show that I don't believe can EVER be beat.

Maynard sounded better than the 24th tonight and was way more into the entire show. For some reason the bass drum didn't shake in my chest like the previous show but the drums were perfect as always.

Flood was the highlight of the show by far, the water on the screens was hypnotizing. It was played with so much power and it is great to see that Tool has not forgotten their earlier work....Now I just need to hear Merkaba and Opiate live and I will be 100% satisfied....Right now i am 98% satisfied.

Best band in the world, and it is proven to me over and over....despite the fact that I need no convincing.

I have never seen a girl with no pants on just collapse in the middle of a crowd until last night. I hope she is ok.

During Kids in the Hall cover the video screen had that guy with no head that just keeps waving to the crowd. That was one of the highlights of the ACC show and it was cool to see him again.
OFFLINE |  
Huff's Avatar Huff
07-10-2007, 05:32 AM

Playing was amazing....lights were REALLY amazing....but I can't believe no one has commented on the fact that Maynard TURNED AROUND and didn't face the audience for about a third of the entire set!!! What the fuck?? Hey Maynard....I just drove for 2 hours and paid 90 bucks for my ticket.....I'd appreciate it if you weren't a fuckhead.

Maybe something pissed him off....who knows.....other than that it was the closest I've ever been to the band and they were friggin' awesome as usual.....sweet

-David Cross
Old 07-10-2007, 05:32 AM   #17
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Playing was amazing....lights were REALLY amazing....but I can't believe no one has commented on the fact that Maynard TURNED AROUND and didn't face the audience for about a third of the entire set!!! What the fuck?? Hey Maynard....I just drove for 2 hours and paid 90 bucks for my ticket.....I'd appreciate it if you weren't a fuckhead.

Maybe something pissed him off....who knows.....other than that it was the closest I've ever been to the band and they were friggin' awesome as usual.....sweet

-David Cross
OFFLINE |  
radionails
07-10-2007, 06:39 AM

The band and the visuals played off of each other so well that at some points I found myself getting lost in the visuals as opposed to watching the band - just perfect.

Adam slayed harder than anyone I've ever met with pigtails and added lots of nice synth work,
Justin rocked out that big waft of hair like no one else,
Maynard danced like a madman the majority of the time,
and I still haven't come to the conclusion of whether or not Danny is actually of this Earth - what a fucking machine, so hard and so fast - his wife must love him in bed.

I had a smile on my face the entire time (except when I was expecting Tool to walk off due to the clapping and someone throwing a hat at Justin during the beginning part of Wings Pt.2).
Old 07-10-2007, 06:39 AM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

The band and the visuals played off of each other so well that at some points I found myself getting lost in the visuals as opposed to watching the band - just perfect.

Adam slayed harder than anyone I've ever met with pigtails and added lots of nice synth work,
Justin rocked out that big waft of hair like no one else,
Maynard danced like a madman the majority of the time,
and I still haven't come to the conclusion of whether or not Danny is actually of this Earth - what a fucking machine, so hard and so fast - his wife must love him in bed.

I had a smile on my face the entire time (except when I was expecting Tool to walk off due to the clapping and someone throwing a hat at Justin during the beginning part of Wings Pt.2).
OFFLINE |  
Staticfactory's Avatar Staticfactory
07-10-2007, 06:47 AM

GREAT show... blew the June show out of the water.

I was sitting in section 122, row 21. I had read that this was an excellent area to watch the show from and it's no joke. 12 seats in the row behind me were bought by an older woman who brought her son and a bunch of his friends... now that's a cool Mom!

Standing right in front of one of the monitors, the sound was mixed incredibly well and all of the band's levels were balanced.

I don't really know what to say beyond the fact that it came damn close to being my favorite show yet. Would have loved Aenima as the closer, but getting FLOOD with the Death Lurks cover injected was really a special moment.

It really IS amazing how many people at that show didn't know FLOOD... I'm kinda shocked. Regardless, I'll be happy for the next 5 years or so (if they ever tour again at all).

Good crowd, good energy, great sound and a GREAT performance. Cheers!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:47 AM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

GREAT show... blew the June show out of the water.

I was sitting in section 122, row 21. I had read that this was an excellent area to watch the show from and it's no joke. 12 seats in the row behind me were bought by an older woman who brought her son and a bunch of his friends... now that's a cool Mom!

Standing right in front of one of the monitors, the sound was mixed incredibly well and all of the band's levels were balanced.

I don't really know what to say beyond the fact that it came damn close to being my favorite show yet. Would have loved Aenima as the closer, but getting FLOOD with the Death Lurks cover injected was really a special moment.

It really IS amazing how many people at that show didn't know FLOOD... I'm kinda shocked. Regardless, I'll be happy for the next 5 years or so (if they ever tour again at all).

Good crowd, good energy, great sound and a GREAT performance. Cheers!
07-10-2007, 07:21 AM

Now that was a notch above - totally solid - best of the 6 shows I've seen over the past year on this tour - band was tight and crisp and they gave us FLOOD!

My soul is full! Cheers!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:21 AM   #20
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Now that was a notch above - totally solid - best of the 6 shows I've seen over the past year on this tour - band was tight and crisp and they gave us FLOOD!

My soul is full! Cheers!
OFFLINE |  
Stumble's Avatar Stumble
07-10-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
Maynard TURNED AROUND and didn't face the audience for about a third of the entire set!!! What the fuck?? Hey Maynard....I just drove for 2 hours and paid 90 bucks for my ticket.....I'd appreciate it if you weren't a fuckhead.
He does it to concentrate. he gets all thrown off by flashes and people being dicks. And let me tell you there were a fare share of both during the show, i have the bruises to show it.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:46 AM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
Maynard TURNED AROUND and didn't face the audience for about a third of the entire set!!! What the fuck?? Hey Maynard....I just drove for 2 hours and paid 90 bucks for my ticket.....I'd appreciate it if you weren't a fuckhead.
He does it to concentrate. he gets all thrown off by flashes and people being dicks. And let me tell you there were a fare share of both during the show, i have the bruises to show it.
07-10-2007, 07:48 AM

Setlist: {Dedicated to Catlin}

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood/Some Day’s It Is Dark/Flood

Intermission

Wings for Marie
10 000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

One word to describe the whole experience: Phenomenal!

I have seen Tool 9 times in total now, and this is definitely one of the top experiences. I have read on a couple accounts that Adam designed the lighting to the show so that newcomers of the Tool experience would come unprepared, expecting to get a life altering experience; so the lights start off slow to generate a false sense of security as the true ability of the live set unfolds before your eyes. At the very least, he accomplished what he wanted as I heard people commenting as they left the building – as well as listening to the impact on my Mother and Fiancée, who (on both accounts) had just seen Tool for their first time. Personally, I thought this was much more functional, as the contrasting experience gave you that much more to think about, and take in visually than an overbearing set of lights that desensitized the senses halfway through the set.
This also transcended into the songs, as you could hear the band was developing a new ear to the songs created both on the new, and old songs. Making slight rearrangements to the placement of lyric and riff.

The crowds energy was pretty good, except for the occasional waste case, and a couple people that did not know when to shut up {particularly during Wings/Days} , or to stop screaming for the pot: Hello, you are in the back of the building, I am sure that the people three rows ahead of us couldn’t make out what you had to say.
The other negative feedback i have about the show also concerns the crowd. Just prior to the initiation of Wings for Marie, Maynard requested "no flash photography." After repeating this a couple times, the people behind be can be quoted saying "whatever," or "who gives a $h!t." Not forgetting to mention all the photography you could see during Wings/Days in Particular. I'm sorry, maybe I just have a strayed vision of respect, but if you are going to see a band that you like, and that you have invested your money into enjoying their presence, how could you NOT respect a simple desire. In case anyone was not aware, this song concerns Maynard's Mother - Judith Marie - who passed away in the not too distant past. So with this song being of personal nature, not to mention the SIMPLE request made by Maynard just prior to the performance of the song, what would compel someone to take pictures? and why? -- maybe there is just less attention paid to morals and values than I would have liked to think, especially within the Tool circle. ..

The songs themselves were amazing, each one taking you from the place you stood to a different reality, and returning you in time for the next departure. The lasers have evolved along with Tool’s performance as well. The last time I saw them would have been at the Molson Amphitheater in Toronto in September, which provided a reality altering experience in and of itself. {Especially being outside in the rain for Wings/10 000 days, but I digress.} But this light show has come a lot further. I liked the adapted Sigilum Die Ameth that was hidden within the middle ring of lights that hovered above the stage like unidentified flying objects that were ready to abduct the unsuspecting at any moment. The intermission that was reanimated for this show was a nice throwback to the intermission used during the later legs of the Lateralus tour(s): Purple and green lights with Chet Zar animations of a face pealing back to reveal an escaping skull. The sounds that bombarded the landscape were violent vibrations that fluctuated, creating harmonics that began to crescendo until meeting their climax with the help of Maynard’s keyboard, finally coming to rest in the Wings for Marie.
I would have to say that my personal peak for the show was the performance of Flood. After that they could have walked off stage, but they didn’t! Everything after that point was that much better, and I left the show with a natural high. (Even though there was an excessive amount of Marijuana administered into the air supply, I couldn’t have made me feel the way I did when I walked out of Copps Coliseum)

The Only Message For Tool: Thank You Eternally!

Spiral Out . ..
Old 07-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Setlist: {Dedicated to Catlin}

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood/Some Day’s It Is Dark/Flood

Intermission

Wings for Marie
10 000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

One word to describe the whole experience: Phenomenal!

I have seen Tool 9 times in total now, and this is definitely one of the top experiences. I have read on a couple accounts that Adam designed the lighting to the show so that newcomers of the Tool experience would come unprepared, expecting to get a life altering experience; so the lights start off slow to generate a false sense of security as the true ability of the live set unfolds before your eyes. At the very least, he accomplished what he wanted as I heard people commenting as they left the building – as well as listening to the impact on my Mother and Fiancée, who (on both accounts) had just seen Tool for their first time. Personally, I thought this was much more functional, as the contrasting experience gave you that much more to think about, and take in visually than an overbearing set of lights that desensitized the senses halfway through the set.
This also transcended into the songs, as you could hear the band was developing a new ear to the songs created both on the new, and old songs. Making slight rearrangements to the placement of lyric and riff.

The crowds energy was pretty good, except for the occasional waste case, and a couple people that did not know when to shut up {particularly during Wings/Days} , or to stop screaming for the pot: Hello, you are in the back of the building, I am sure that the people three rows ahead of us couldn’t make out what you had to say.
The other negative feedback i have about the show also concerns the crowd. Just prior to the initiation of Wings for Marie, Maynard requested "no flash photography." After repeating this a couple times, the people behind be can be quoted saying "whatever," or "who gives a $h!t." Not forgetting to mention all the photography you could see during Wings/Days in Particular. I'm sorry, maybe I just have a strayed vision of respect, but if you are going to see a band that you like, and that you have invested your money into enjoying their presence, how could you NOT respect a simple desire. In case anyone was not aware, this song concerns Maynard's Mother - Judith Marie - who passed away in the not too distant past. So with this song being of personal nature, not to mention the SIMPLE request made by Maynard just prior to the performance of the song, what would compel someone to take pictures? and why? -- maybe there is just less attention paid to morals and values than I would have liked to think, especially within the Tool circle. ..

The songs themselves were amazing, each one taking you from the place you stood to a different reality, and returning you in time for the next departure. The lasers have evolved along with Tool’s performance as well. The last time I saw them would have been at the Molson Amphitheater in Toronto in September, which provided a reality altering experience in and of itself. {Especially being outside in the rain for Wings/10 000 days, but I digress.} But this light show has come a lot further. I liked the adapted Sigilum Die Ameth that was hidden within the middle ring of lights that hovered above the stage like unidentified flying objects that were ready to abduct the unsuspecting at any moment. The intermission that was reanimated for this show was a nice throwback to the intermission used during the later legs of the Lateralus tour(s): Purple and green lights with Chet Zar animations of a face pealing back to reveal an escaping skull. The sounds that bombarded the landscape were violent vibrations that fluctuated, creating harmonics that began to crescendo until meeting their climax with the help of Maynard’s keyboard, finally coming to rest in the Wings for Marie.
I would have to say that my personal peak for the show was the performance of Flood. After that they could have walked off stage, but they didn’t! Everything after that point was that much better, and I left the show with a natural high. (Even though there was an excessive amount of Marijuana administered into the air supply, I couldn’t have made me feel the way I did when I walked out of Copps Coliseum)

The Only Message For Tool: Thank You Eternally!

Spiral Out . ..
07-10-2007, 07:48 AM

PLEASE! tell me someone recorded this show last night. this was my fifth time seeing these guys and by far one of the best. i don't think the visuals could have been anymore intense. and FLOOD! that song live was just amazing, not to mention the rest of their electrifying setlist. drove down all the way from ottawa yesterday to see them, and all the way back after the show. didn't make it home until around 5 in the morning, but it was all worth it. someone please post link to a torrent or some kind of live audio download for this show! i need to hear the kids in the hall song again. so many highlights!

until next show, whenever that may be. heres hoping for the live dvd!

nwimnthng0
Old 07-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #23
Artistic God

Bincount™: 41

PLEASE! tell me someone recorded this show last night. this was my fifth time seeing these guys and by far one of the best. i don't think the visuals could have been anymore intense. and FLOOD! that song live was just amazing, not to mention the rest of their electrifying setlist. drove down all the way from ottawa yesterday to see them, and all the way back after the show. didn't make it home until around 5 in the morning, but it was all worth it. someone please post link to a torrent or some kind of live audio download for this show! i need to hear the kids in the hall song again. so many highlights!

until next show, whenever that may be. heres hoping for the live dvd!

nwimnthng0
07-10-2007, 08:09 AM

Orgasmic

That was my first Tool show and best show I have ever gone to. It was my boyfriend's and my friend Matt's first concert.

I was in section 115 row 12 and I couldn't have picked better seats. I just happened to have been right smack in the middle and everyone around me was sitting. No one around me was going nuts so I could just relax and meditate with the music. It was an absolutely interesting experience...

I was totally blow away by the performance. I was speechless. I didn't have to cheer, the energy/love everyone was giving off felt as if it was a great enough way of communicating to the band that we loved the performance.

The sound was totally perfect. The visuals and lighting was perfect. Tool performed perfectly.

The only thing I wasn't so pleased about was during wings/10kdays when Maynard asked for no flash cameras and then people started using flash cameras. I also wasn't so big on the clapping during wings/10kdays.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:09 AM   #24
Banned.

Bincount™: 51

Orgasmic

That was my first Tool show and best show I have ever gone to. It was my boyfriend's and my friend Matt's first concert.

I was in section 115 row 12 and I couldn't have picked better seats. I just happened to have been right smack in the middle and everyone around me was sitting. No one around me was going nuts so I could just relax and meditate with the music. It was an absolutely interesting experience...

I was totally blow away by the performance. I was speechless. I didn't have to cheer, the energy/love everyone was giving off felt as if it was a great enough way of communicating to the band that we loved the performance.

The sound was totally perfect. The visuals and lighting was perfect. Tool performed perfectly.

The only thing I wasn't so pleased about was during wings/10kdays when Maynard asked for no flash cameras and then people started using flash cameras. I also wasn't so big on the clapping during wings/10kdays.
OFFLINE |  
Nith Sahor's Avatar Nith Sahor
07-10-2007, 08:28 AM

Oh.... so that's the intro to A Passage to Bangkok? When Adam started playing that I thought they would start with Cold and Ugly (like in that bootleg from Radio City I think)... Jambi was still awesome though! Maynard's vocals were a little easier to hear this time around, though I still think they could have easily cranked him up a little more.

Great show! Flood was awesome... the intro was amazing, and when they went into that Kids in the Hall cover I totally had no idea what was going on and thought it was a new song they were playing that they had recently written. Adam's solo at the end of that was awesome. The actual song part of Flood was also excellent, with great rain visuals and the band really getting into it.

46 & 2 was also cool - I like how they had that trippy circular camera view of Danny doing the breakdown on the screens (and also during his drum solo in Lateralus), very cool. Lateralus was very tight, as were Schism and Vicarious. Rosetta toned was also a bit tighter this time. Danny was a beast during that long instrumental section in 10,000 Days.

Some of the interludes were quite cool, particularly the one before 46&2... had a nice kind of desert feel to it. The lights cycling around during Wings, lighting up the band members, were cool, as was the purple/orange colored smoke that came out during Wings/Lateralus...

My only qualm with the show was that the setlist was more or less the same as before minus RiT/plus Flood. Other than that though, great show - thank you Tool, and see you again in 2012.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:28 AM   #25
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9

Oh.... so that's the intro to A Passage to Bangkok? When Adam started playing that I thought they would start with Cold and Ugly (like in that bootleg from Radio City I think)... Jambi was still awesome though! Maynard's vocals were a little easier to hear this time around, though I still think they could have easily cranked him up a little more.

Great show! Flood was awesome... the intro was amazing, and when they went into that Kids in the Hall cover I totally had no idea what was going on and thought it was a new song they were playing that they had recently written. Adam's solo at the end of that was awesome. The actual song part of Flood was also excellent, with great rain visuals and the band really getting into it.

46 & 2 was also cool - I like how they had that trippy circular camera view of Danny doing the breakdown on the screens (and also during his drum solo in Lateralus), very cool. Lateralus was very tight, as were Schism and Vicarious. Rosetta toned was also a bit tighter this time. Danny was a beast during that long instrumental section in 10,000 Days.

Some of the interludes were quite cool, particularly the one before 46&2... had a nice kind of desert feel to it. The lights cycling around during Wings, lighting up the band members, were cool, as was the purple/orange colored smoke that came out during Wings/Lateralus...

My only qualm with the show was that the setlist was more or less the same as before minus RiT/plus Flood. Other than that though, great show - thank you Tool, and see you again in 2012.
OFFLINE |  
gmenright's Avatar gmenright
07-10-2007, 08:42 AM

Great show. This was my third time seeing Tool and my first time in the pit. I was about 10-15 people away from Adam. One of Danny's sticks landed about 10 feet away.

I tried to get my camera in, but it was confiscated. Unlike most of the brats w/cameras, I know better than to use my flash - what are you trying to light up, the hair on the head of the dude in front of you? Your flash is not strong enough to light up the stage from the seats, you idiot.
<RANT>
All you moshing fucknuts can eat my ass. I stuck to the one side and back a bit, because I anticipated the moshing would pretty much be in the front/centre. I was wrong - there were a few scuffles going around. I'm a fairly big guy and can shove a lot harder than most of the brats who were moshing nearby, so push back I did - sometimes w/elbows because the crowd was tight there.
Some little blonde dickweed wanted me to lift him up to rub his ass on the heads of strangers and kick their girlfriends' heads - this is known to some as crowd-surfing ;) I told him to fuck off and find somebody else. Some chick tried to give me shit about pushing back against her friend too hard after said friend slammed herself into me. I'm stronger than her, she moaned.
TIP: Some people (me for one) don't like being hit/pushed/punched/kicked and will respond less than kindly - even if you do have tits.
</RANT>

Enough of that, though. Pit fiends notwithstanding, the show was awesome and I had a very good spot. The boys really tore loose on this one. Everything was energetic and pounded w/fury. With regard to the few folks who mentioned that the sound was still fucked up (as it apparently was on June 24) I'd have to attribute that to your seats, I guess; from my area, everything was completely amazing. There were some nice variations to tried-n-true standbys like Lateralus and there were a few fakeouts, like the intro to 'Cold n' Ugly' segueing into Jambi and then the scratchy chords that start Prison Sex led into Vicarious. I'm not sure how I feel about that because it actually would have been cool to hear those - especially Prison Sex and its extra 'OTRM' verse.

Tool has not disappointed me in the 3 times I've seen them, but this show topped the others!!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:42 AM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

Great show. This was my third time seeing Tool and my first time in the pit. I was about 10-15 people away from Adam. One of Danny's sticks landed about 10 feet away.

I tried to get my camera in, but it was confiscated. Unlike most of the brats w/cameras, I know better than to use my flash - what are you trying to light up, the hair on the head of the dude in front of you? Your flash is not strong enough to light up the stage from the seats, you idiot.
<RANT>
All you moshing fucknuts can eat my ass. I stuck to the one side and back a bit, because I anticipated the moshing would pretty much be in the front/centre. I was wrong - there were a few scuffles going around. I'm a fairly big guy and can shove a lot harder than most of the brats who were moshing nearby, so push back I did - sometimes w/elbows because the crowd was tight there.
Some little blonde dickweed wanted me to lift him up to rub his ass on the heads of strangers and kick their girlfriends' heads - this is known to some as crowd-surfing ;) I told him to fuck off and find somebody else. Some chick tried to give me shit about pushing back against her friend too hard after said friend slammed herself into me. I'm stronger than her, she moaned.
TIP: Some people (me for one) don't like being hit/pushed/punched/kicked and will respond less than kindly - even if you do have tits.
</RANT>

Enough of that, though. Pit fiends notwithstanding, the show was awesome and I had a very good spot. The boys really tore loose on this one. Everything was energetic and pounded w/fury. With regard to the few folks who mentioned that the sound was still fucked up (as it apparently was on June 24) I'd have to attribute that to your seats, I guess; from my area, everything was completely amazing. There were some nice variations to tried-n-true standbys like Lateralus and there were a few fakeouts, like the intro to 'Cold n' Ugly' segueing into Jambi and then the scratchy chords that start Prison Sex led into Vicarious. I'm not sure how I feel about that because it actually would have been cool to hear those - especially Prison Sex and its extra 'OTRM' verse.

Tool has not disappointed me in the 3 times I've seen them, but this show topped the others!!
OFFLINE |  
Staticfactory's Avatar Staticfactory
07-10-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp View Post
I was thinking/hoping the same thing. Whenever I hear that, I expect Cold and Ugly. Adam would always intro Cold and Ugly with that during the Aenima tour.
There were about half a dozen times when I swore I heard intros to different songs. At one point during a segue, Danny's droning tom shots had me thinking Third Eye was coming. It must be nice to be band with such loyal followers... just salivating for something that'll absolutely blow their minds. They really did a number on FLOOD though... and that was good enough for me.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:54 AM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp View Post
I was thinking/hoping the same thing. Whenever I hear that, I expect Cold and Ugly. Adam would always intro Cold and Ugly with that during the Aenima tour.
There were about half a dozen times when I swore I heard intros to different songs. At one point during a segue, Danny's droning tom shots had me thinking Third Eye was coming. It must be nice to be band with such loyal followers... just salivating for something that'll absolutely blow their minds. They really did a number on FLOOD though... and that was good enough for me.
07-10-2007, 10:43 AM

5th time seeing TOOL. Sat way up in the 2nd deck, as far up as you can get. I thought the concert was 100X louder on the 24th than this one but that's only because I was sitting dead centre in the lower bowl and was MUCH closer the last time around. The trade-off was that everything sounded crystal clear this time, including Maynard. Just pure TOOL goodness...

I thought I was going to crap my fuckin' pants when they played Flood! And to top it off, they go from Flood into that cover song and then right back into Flood again! I know everyone is saying they stuck some Kids in the Hall song in the middle but I still don't recognize it. Anytime I think of that show, I think of "these are the Daves I know I know..." and I know it definitely wasn't it. Or was it?!

Anyways, great time out. Had my woman along for the ride this time, so that was awesome. And just when you think they can't get any better live, eh! Crowd was into it from the get go, interesting mix of people in the crowd as always.

Highlights were the aforementioned FLOOD! and definitely Lateralus. Lets hope it's not another 5 years before we can see them again. That's why I thought I'd load up with the 2 shows in 2 weeks, heh heh. Actually, fuck it! I'll go see them anytime they're in our fuckin time zone. Later punks.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

5th time seeing TOOL. Sat way up in the 2nd deck, as far up as you can get. I thought the concert was 100X louder on the 24th than this one but that's only because I was sitting dead centre in the lower bowl and was MUCH closer the last time around. The trade-off was that everything sounded crystal clear this time, including Maynard. Just pure TOOL goodness...

I thought I was going to crap my fuckin' pants when they played Flood! And to top it off, they go from Flood into that cover song and then right back into Flood again! I know everyone is saying they stuck some Kids in the Hall song in the middle but I still don't recognize it. Anytime I think of that show, I think of "these are the Daves I know I know..." and I know it definitely wasn't it. Or was it?!

Anyways, great time out. Had my woman along for the ride this time, so that was awesome. And just when you think they can't get any better live, eh! Crowd was into it from the get go, interesting mix of people in the crowd as always.

Highlights were the aforementioned FLOOD! and definitely Lateralus. Lets hope it's not another 5 years before we can see them again. That's why I thought I'd load up with the 2 shows in 2 weeks, heh heh. Actually, fuck it! I'll go see them anytime they're in our fuckin time zone. Later punks.
OFFLINE |  
Maken
07-10-2007, 10:43 AM

Cocksuckers talking during wings should be shot. Those morons who took flash photos after Maynard mentioned not to should kill themselves. Seriously.

Flood alone was worth the price of admission.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #29
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Cocksuckers talking during wings should be shot. Those morons who took flash photos after Maynard mentioned not to should kill themselves. Seriously.

OFFLINE |  
Jezus_Ghoti
07-10-2007, 10:46 AM

Thinking that Cold and Ugly was coming got me so excited. Jambi was almost a let-down.

I don't know what it was, but I just kinda lost the mood for the 2nd half of the concert. The first half was amazing, but then my energy dropped off. I think it's just because I have heard these songs so many times. I knew the setlist would be very predictable, but it didn't stop me from wishing that they would bust out an awesome surprise.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:46 AM   #30
Level 3 - Talker

Thinking that Cold and Ugly was coming got me so excited. Jambi was almost a let-down.

I don't know what it was, but I just kinda lost the mood for the 2nd half of the concert. The first half was amazing, but then my energy dropped off. I think it's just because I have heard these songs so many times. I knew the setlist would be very predictable, but it didn't stop me from wishing that they would bust out an awesome surprise.
OFFLINE |  
gmenright's Avatar gmenright
07-10-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maken View Post

Agreed

... and agreed. Funny how hearing a song live multiplies one's appreciation. Obviously, the guys recognized that the change-ups in the setlist are appreciated and have incorporated a degree of spontaneity!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:50 AM   #31
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maken View Post

Agreed

... and agreed. Funny how hearing a song live multiplies one's appreciation. Obviously, the guys recognized that the change-ups in the setlist are appreciated and have incorporated a degree of spontaneity!
OFFLINE |  
baraz1111
07-10-2007, 10:50 AM

I believe Simulacrums has said it all. This was my ninth show as well, and as any time I attend a TOOL show, this was an experience that delves straight to the heart, soul and mind. I have watched these fellows evolve from the days of Undertow. No other musical artists have taken the path that these individuals have. Their performance relies not so much on the sound specialist, or on the effects wizards as it does on the audience. Compared to other performances of TOOL's that I've attended, I truly found the audience to be in quite good order. Yes, there are always a few cowards in the lot, but knowing that you are not one of them tells you that the show is for you. I took my brother in law, a friend from work and my cousin. My brother in law is 18, and this was his first time seeing TOOL. He had been to other shows before, but I assured him that this would be like nothing he had ever experienced before, or like anything he could ever imagine. The work of these fellows is a force to be reckoned with....and everyone is welcome to take part.

Stepping in with Jambi was expected. The song for me is like a cry for help. And when the evening begins with a cry for help, you can only expect that that cry will be answered. Knowing TOOL and their performances, the show started off calm and mellow. Yes, Jambi shows some of their heavier side, but as a whole, everything began as if I had just woken up from a long, peaceful sleep, rested and ready for whatever may come.

Stinkfist.....need I say more. The staple. For those who were sucked in in 1996 with the release of Aenima, this is probably the song that did it. As usual, the breakdown exceeded what is expected.

46&2, for me, was the eye opener. This was where the show truly began. My eyes were wiped, and finally wide open so as to take in what was to be delivered for the next couple of hours. Danny’s capabilities really shine through in this song. Imagine, it was written over 11 years ago, and is still far ahead of its time.

Schism, as we all know, perpetuates us, as a whole. Where have we gone? Where did it all begin? And where will it go? Something as important as this deserves undivided attention, as that is the first step in communication.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned. Well, well, well……..the visuals truly made me feel puny. The vast number of people who attended the show also became very insignificant as I stood and stared in awe, disbelief……how anything could put me in that position is beyond me. I have read many reviews of this song performed live, with complaints directed towards vocal presentation…to that I say, have you ever been confused????!!!???

Flood…….Flood!!!!!!

I sat back, resting my legs and eyes knowing that what was to come next would be paralyzing. I enjoy the intermission. It allows a few precious moments to capture in your mind what was…and what had yet to be.

Wings/10000 days is a very personal song for me. I lost my father several years ago….suicide…..he was a very depressed man. With the release of 10000 days, I was able to cope in a much different way than I previously had. I can’t imagine what it must be like, particularly for Maynard, to bring this piece out for all to see. I think the song speaks for itself, and I won’t go into detail here, as each one of us probably feels something slightly different when this is performed.

Lateralus blew me away. As a drummer, I can’t help but wonder what the hell is wrong with Danny. If you’ve ever visited his website, you can get a better understanding of what has taken this man to where he is today as a percussionist.

Vicarious was wonderful as usual. And a great closer. What better thought to send people off with than the world in which we live. Sickening place, isn’t it??

To all those who attended to capture a new experience and to feel their heart, soul and mind once again…..I’ll see ya next tour!!!!!

Thankyou ADAM, DANNY, JUSTIN, MAYNARD and the countless people that help bring this experience to us!!!

you are all loved.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:50 AM   #32
Level 3 - Talker

I believe Simulacrums has said it all. This was my ninth show as well, and as any time I attend a TOOL show, this was an experience that delves straight to the heart, soul and mind. I have watched these fellows evolve from the days of Undertow. No other musical artists have taken the path that these individuals have. Their performance relies not so much on the sound specialist, or on the effects wizards as it does on the audience. Compared to other performances of TOOL's that I've attended, I truly found the audience to be in quite good order. Yes, there are always a few cowards in the lot, but knowing that you are not one of them tells you that the show is for you. I took my brother in law, a friend from work and my cousin. My brother in law is 18, and this was his first time seeing TOOL. He had been to other shows before, but I assured him that this would be like nothing he had ever experienced before, or like anything he could ever imagine. The work of these fellows is a force to be reckoned with....and everyone is welcome to take part.

Stepping in with Jambi was expected. The song for me is like a cry for help. And when the evening begins with a cry for help, you can only expect that that cry will be answered. Knowing TOOL and their performances, the show started off calm and mellow. Yes, Jambi shows some of their heavier side, but as a whole, everything began as if I had just woken up from a long, peaceful sleep, rested and ready for whatever may come.

Stinkfist.....need I say more. The staple. For those who were sucked in in 1996 with the release of Aenima, this is probably the song that did it. As usual, the breakdown exceeded what is expected.

46&2, for me, was the eye opener. This was where the show truly began. My eyes were wiped, and finally wide open so as to take in what was to be delivered for the next couple of hours. Danny’s capabilities really shine through in this song. Imagine, it was written over 11 years ago, and is still far ahead of its time.

Schism, as we all know, perpetuates us, as a whole. Where have we gone? Where did it all begin? And where will it go? Something as important as this deserves undivided attention, as that is the first step in communication.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned. Well, well, well……..the visuals truly made me feel puny. The vast number of people who attended the show also became very insignificant as I stood and stared in awe, disbelief……how anything could put me in that position is beyond me. I have read many reviews of this song performed live, with complaints directed towards vocal presentation…to that I say, have you ever been confused????!!!???

Flood…….Flood!!!!!!

I sat back, resting my legs and eyes knowing that what was to come next would be paralyzing. I enjoy the intermission. It allows a few precious moments to capture in your mind what was…and what had yet to be.

Wings/10000 days is a very personal song for me. I lost my father several years ago….suicide…..he was a very depressed man. With the release of 10000 days, I was able to cope in a much different way than I previously had. I can’t imagine what it must be like, particularly for Maynard, to bring this piece out for all to see. I think the song speaks for itself, and I won’t go into detail here, as each one of us probably feels something slightly different when this is performed.

Lateralus blew me away. As a drummer, I can’t help but wonder what the hell is wrong with Danny. If you’ve ever visited his website, you can get a better understanding of what has taken this man to where he is today as a percussionist.

Vicarious was wonderful as usual. And a great closer. What better thought to send people off with than the world in which we live. Sickening place, isn’t it??

To all those who attended to capture a new experience and to feel their heart, soul and mind once again…..I’ll see ya next tour!!!!!

Thankyou ADAM, DANNY, JUSTIN, MAYNARD and the countless people that help bring this experience to us!!!

you are all loved.
07-10-2007, 12:18 PM

5th time seeing TOOL and one of the best! (only 1996 at the Warehouse in TO was better). We had floors for the June 24th show, and stood right near Adam, this time we had section 123 row 3 and again, was just a short distance from Adam. Had a great view of Maynard the entire show, he stood beside Carey most the night just going insane, and Carey, well he was mindblowing as always!
As for the sound, I thought it was excellent, and I didn't really have a problem with the show on the 24th either, I can never really complain about anything when it comes to seeing TOOL, other than maybe wishing some songs off Opiate or Undertow, but anytiime I see TOOL it's been 100% satisfaction for me!
I like having floors for most shows, but because this was a 2nd show at Copps we decided to get seating this time, and glad we did, no fuckers pushing or moshing around, we could see clearly and drink our beers and enjoy the show, lights, lasers and everything! Was awesome! I think my buddy and I were the only two people around us singing to FLOOD, as we've been fans since Opiate, and the crowd was a bit younger in our section but they still enjoyed it and we had a blast in our section, everyone stood, nobody sat down or took pictures to distract our view.. was great!
Although I would love to have had my camera with me, was so close and a great view, but just not worth the risk of losing it, security was really strict about photos... however the smell of weed everywhere, well that was ok, right on! lol
Hopefully someone can post any pics they did manage to take on here, would like to see them.
The hilite for me was easily FLOOD, and then probably 46 & 2 and Lateralus. The green beams everywhere was trippy! Especially when they all shined down on Adam and he just stood there like a statue, overlooking the crowd in awe... was wicked!
Even though I was close to Adam, I spent more time watching Justin go fuckin crazy, the guy is awesome! I love how he gets right into it, where as Adam is a bit different, his guitar playing speaks it all. Oh and yes, seeing Justin get handed 2 beers and chuggin them down while playing with one hand kneeled down was pretty fuckin cool.. he was enjoying himself as much as us fans.
Have seen them 5 times, will see them 500 more! Can't wait til the next time... Thanks TOOL for another solid performance!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:18 PM   #33
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

5th time seeing TOOL and one of the best! (only 1996 at the Warehouse in TO was better). We had floors for the June 24th show, and stood right near Adam, this time we had section 123 row 3 and again, was just a short distance from Adam. Had a great view of Maynard the entire show, he stood beside Carey most the night just going insane, and Carey, well he was mindblowing as always!
As for the sound, I thought it was excellent, and I didn't really have a problem with the show on the 24th either, I can never really complain about anything when it comes to seeing TOOL, other than maybe wishing some songs off Opiate or Undertow, but anytiime I see TOOL it's been 100% satisfaction for me!
I like having floors for most shows, but because this was a 2nd show at Copps we decided to get seating this time, and glad we did, no fuckers pushing or moshing around, we could see clearly and drink our beers and enjoy the show, lights, lasers and everything! Was awesome! I think my buddy and I were the only two people around us singing to FLOOD, as we've been fans since Opiate, and the crowd was a bit younger in our section but they still enjoyed it and we had a blast in our section, everyone stood, nobody sat down or took pictures to distract our view.. was great!
Although I would love to have had my camera with me, was so close and a great view, but just not worth the risk of losing it, security was really strict about photos... however the smell of weed everywhere, well that was ok, right on! lol
Hopefully someone can post any pics they did manage to take on here, would like to see them.
The hilite for me was easily FLOOD, and then probably 46 & 2 and Lateralus. The green beams everywhere was trippy! Especially when they all shined down on Adam and he just stood there like a statue, overlooking the crowd in awe... was wicked!
Even though I was close to Adam, I spent more time watching Justin go fuckin crazy, the guy is awesome! I love how he gets right into it, where as Adam is a bit different, his guitar playing speaks it all. Oh and yes, seeing Justin get handed 2 beers and chuggin them down while playing with one hand kneeled down was pretty fuckin cool.. he was enjoying himself as much as us fans.
Have seen them 5 times, will see them 500 more! Can't wait til the next time... Thanks TOOL for another solid performance!
OFFLINE |  
Hodge
07-10-2007, 01:33 PM

a healing experience.

that show blew away the one on the 24th. i would put it in a tie with the ACC show from 2001 I think

Flood was flawless and the highlight of my night. The little intermission part where they had that weird sound going before Wings while the lights and smoke were getting ready, I felt like I was being sucked into a black hole or some shit, it was intense.

The floor was 10x more packed than last show and a lady collapsed onto her boyfriend in front of me which was a buzzkill. aside from the drunken rowdies with their testosterone seeping out their pores, I would say that the floor was pretty comfortable.

The extended version of Stinkfist kills me everytime and I know I wanted that song retired, but I retract that statement. Schism on the other hand definitely has to go, killed all the crowd energy yet again.

The lights, lasers, artwork, all of it is simply amazing and if they do not get a dvd released from this tour, it will be a shame

An amazing experience and I hope everyone came away from it inspired

Cheers blokes
Old 07-10-2007, 01:33 PM   #34
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

a healing experience.

that show blew away the one on the 24th. i would put it in a tie with the ACC show from 2001 I think

Flood was flawless and the highlight of my night. The little intermission part where they had that weird sound going before Wings while the lights and smoke were getting ready, I felt like I was being sucked into a black hole or some shit, it was intense.

The floor was 10x more packed than last show and a lady collapsed onto her boyfriend in front of me which was a buzzkill. aside from the drunken rowdies with their testosterone seeping out their pores, I would say that the floor was pretty comfortable.

The extended version of Stinkfist kills me everytime and I know I wanted that song retired, but I retract that statement. Schism on the other hand definitely has to go, killed all the crowd energy yet again.

The lights, lasers, artwork, all of it is simply amazing and if they do not get a dvd released from this tour, it will be a shame

An amazing experience and I hope everyone came away from it inspired

Cheers blokes
OFFLINE |  
Insanekat's Avatar Insanekat
07-10-2007, 01:43 PM

Awesome show, I saw them back in Sept at the Molson Ampitheatre, but I thought this was a ton better.

Didn't get there till later so missed the opening band but I didn't really mind, also got a new shirt so yay.

I was in the middle of the pit, crowd was pretty good, only a little bit of slam dancing so I only got jostled a few times. It was cooler than I expected also, yay for AC.

Amazing concert in my opinion, Maynard sounded a lot better than when I saw them in September. Danny's drum solo owned my soul and I loved hearing Flood!

It just sounded great.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #35
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Awesome show, I saw them back in Sept at the Molson Ampitheatre, but I thought this was a ton better.

Didn't get there till later so missed the opening band but I didn't really mind, also got a new shirt so yay.

I was in the middle of the pit, crowd was pretty good, only a little bit of slam dancing so I only got jostled a few times. It was cooler than I expected also, yay for AC.

Amazing concert in my opinion, Maynard sounded a lot better than when I saw them in September. Danny's drum solo owned my soul and I loved hearing Flood!

It just sounded great.
07-10-2007, 06:57 PM

I see that the very attached fans have had similar experiences, and mine was no different. Enlightening. I had floors for the 24th and sect.122 row 18 for this one. Again, the clear view, good sound, yes that was all there, but more importantly, I saw a connection that I had not seen in the 5 times I've seen them. Adam stood on stage for an extended amount of time at the end, just staring at and admiring the fans that were going nuts. So intimate and honest in my opinion (as they always are).
People that are used to ''buying'' music and listening to it because it's something they purchased, want to see everything in constant order. Disorder becomes an insult to their purchase, and that's what I feel like they're defending. Well, when I read comments like ''hey maynard face the crowd and give me my dollars worth'', I know for sure that their defence is associated with the proportional effect of this concert on their wallets. Notice that these people were probably also taking flash photos and saying ''pffff who cares, it's a slow song anyways, play some toool'' This was one thing I heard there, and it instantly threw me off. I seriously hope no one associated with the band mentions these to the band and they don't notice, or just overlook the fact that a few assholes cannot ruin the show for a very tight fan-base. But honestly, if you are coming to see 'art' being performed, be a little respectful to the artist who puts everything they have into those creations. The fact that they go on a stage, and perform in front of people, is an indication of their honesty and will. So they have the right to suggest a couple of things and ask for some favours, and I will gladly give it to them, no questions asked. Because I appreciate art, and if a Seurat painting is meant to be looked at from a certain distance, I will look at it from that distance and respect it's creation in that certain direction. What I will not do is keep asking why he paints in dots and why he doesn't just paint in lines like normal painters. I might change my perspective and view it from different distances, go up to it, see the missing connections and enchanting details. That will only give me a wider vision and a stronger analysis of what that art represents.
Anyways, these are side-notes to the obvious points from the concert.

For the record;
Flood belonged to the die-hard fans. We sang till our throats exploded while all the posers thought they were hearing a new song.

Amazing show people.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #36
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I see that the very attached fans have had similar experiences, and mine was no different. Enlightening. I had floors for the 24th and sect.122 row 18 for this one. Again, the clear view, good sound, yes that was all there, but more importantly, I saw a connection that I had not seen in the 5 times I've seen them. Adam stood on stage for an extended amount of time at the end, just staring at and admiring the fans that were going nuts. So intimate and honest in my opinion (as they always are).
People that are used to ''buying'' music and listening to it because it's something they purchased, want to see everything in constant order. Disorder becomes an insult to their purchase, and that's what I feel like they're defending. Well, when I read comments like ''hey maynard face the crowd and give me my dollars worth'', I know for sure that their defence is associated with the proportional effect of this concert on their wallets. Notice that these people were probably also taking flash photos and saying ''pffff who cares, it's a slow song anyways, play some toool'' This was one thing I heard there, and it instantly threw me off. I seriously hope no one associated with the band mentions these to the band and they don't notice, or just overlook the fact that a few assholes cannot ruin the show for a very tight fan-base. But honestly, if you are coming to see 'art' being performed, be a little respectful to the artist who puts everything they have into those creations. The fact that they go on a stage, and perform in front of people, is an indication of their honesty and will. So they have the right to suggest a couple of things and ask for some favours, and I will gladly give it to them, no questions asked. Because I appreciate art, and if a Seurat painting is meant to be looked at from a certain distance, I will look at it from that distance and respect it's creation in that certain direction. What I will not do is keep asking why he paints in dots and why he doesn't just paint in lines like normal painters. I might change my perspective and view it from different distances, go up to it, see the missing connections and enchanting details. That will only give me a wider vision and a stronger analysis of what that art represents.

For the record;
Flood belonged to the die-hard fans. We sang till our throats exploded while all the posers thought they were hearing a new song.

Amazing show people.
OFFLINE |  
sianspheric's Avatar sianspheric
07-10-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shab View Post

For the record;

Amazing show people.
good post Shab. completely agree.

I've never seen Adam look out into the crowd that much. I got this kind of sad sense that as much as we might never want to believe it, those kind of long gazes might be the moment of this man looking out at us for the last time. Who knows, we hope not, only time will tell.

and Flood was for the die-hard fans. When the song started kicking I just took myself back to the place I've been for the last few months listening to Tool bootlegs, a bunch of them with that song, started getting into the song and dancing up a storm, looked around and the crowd was just still. Stoned and appreciative, I'm sure, but it was clear that most the people dying for that song were maybe the ones like us, who read the sets, and had some time to look forward to it.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #37
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

Quote:

For the record;

Amazing show people.

I've never seen Adam look out into the crowd that much. I got this kind of sad sense that as much as we might never want to believe it, those kind of long gazes might be the moment of this man looking out at us for the last time. Who knows, we hope not, only time will tell.

and Flood was for the die-hard fans. When the song started kicking I just took myself back to the place I've been for the last few months listening to Tool bootlegs, a bunch of them with that song, started getting into the song and dancing up a storm, looked around and the crowd was just still. Stoned and appreciative, I'm sure, but it was clear that most the people dying for that song were maybe the ones like us, who read the sets, and had some time to look forward to it.
OFFLINE |  
Ewang
07-10-2007, 09:46 PM

What a great fucking show! So much better than the June 24th show, and I had worse tickets for July 9th!

I can only think of a few things that would have made it better:

1) Crazy group of drunk 15 year old girls in section 219... Screaming for the first... 4-5 songs before they finally shut up.

2) Section 219 was dead... couple of people standing in the front... middle was all dead and sitting...

3) Vocals again on the beginning of Rosetta Stoned were... well didn't really hear anything other than drums and guitars.

Now for the good stuff...

1) The visuals... from where I was sitting (Section 219, Row 11, the VERY back across from the stage) were AMAZING. The lazers... the stage... everything... perfect.

2) Sound quality: Other than the Rosetta Stoned beginning it was so much clearer than the June 24th show, which in-turn made it an even better concert.

3) Danny Carey: The solo's and fills... this man is nothing short of a Machine.

4) FLOOD! During the intro just before the cover I knew it was coming... no one else around me, not even my friends, knew what song was coming up and I went ballistic. The Kids in the Hall cover was amazing.. but the actual song was just so much better. The visuals of the huge wave crashing and the thunderish lighting effects pushed this song over the edge, and I'm glad... Just wow.

5) Wings/10 000 Days: This was probably my 2nd favorite songs both nights. The song it's self just touchs me a certain way... beautiful song. Then add in the lazers, the lighters and the passion that Maynard puts into this song... astounding.

6) Lateralus: Highlight of the night, bar none. This song just packs a punch that I don't think any other song I'll hear in concert will ever have. Again, amazing visuals... but this time with a larger crowd, that was overall more into the music... I was at a loss for words after this song.

In closing... best concert of my life. Can't wait for the boys to come back to Ontario so I can have another amazing time. See you guys next time!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #38
Level 2 - Poster

What a great fucking show! So much better than the June 24th show, and I had worse tickets for July 9th!

I can only think of a few things that would have made it better:

1) Crazy group of drunk 15 year old girls in section 219... Screaming for the first... 4-5 songs before they finally shut up.

2) Section 219 was dead... couple of people standing in the front... middle was all dead and sitting...

3) Vocals again on the beginning of Rosetta Stoned were... well didn't really hear anything other than drums and guitars.

Now for the good stuff...

1) The visuals... from where I was sitting (Section 219, Row 11, the VERY back across from the stage) were AMAZING. The lazers... the stage... everything... perfect.

2) Sound quality: Other than the Rosetta Stoned beginning it was so much clearer than the June 24th show, which in-turn made it an even better concert.

3) Danny Carey: The solo's and fills... this man is nothing short of a Machine.

4) FLOOD! During the intro just before the cover I knew it was coming... no one else around me, not even my friends, knew what song was coming up and I went ballistic. The Kids in the Hall cover was amazing.. but the actual song was just so much better. The visuals of the huge wave crashing and the thunderish lighting effects pushed this song over the edge, and I'm glad... Just wow.

5) Wings/10 000 Days: This was probably my 2nd favorite songs both nights. The song it's self just touchs me a certain way... beautiful song. Then add in the lazers, the lighters and the passion that Maynard puts into this song... astounding.

6) Lateralus: Highlight of the night, bar none. This song just packs a punch that I don't think any other song I'll hear in concert will ever have. Again, amazing visuals... but this time with a larger crowd, that was overall more into the music... I was at a loss for words after this song.

In closing... best concert of my life. Can't wait for the boys to come back to Ontario so I can have another amazing time. See you guys next time!
OFFLINE |  
shab's Avatar shab
07-11-2007, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post

You know what, I was going to write that sentence exactly that way, but I hesitated to say. I felt the same way, like it was a goodbye. His expression was full of shy sadness and it seriously made me shiver inside. I hope we're wrong. But we now have the memory of this show plus many others to pass onto our children, so they can be blessed with the same feelings we were.

Tool is extremely important and personal for me and will stay that way until I give my last breath. I can only hope that we get another chance to feel connected to them.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:46 AM   #39
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post

You know what, I was going to write that sentence exactly that way, but I hesitated to say. I felt the same way, like it was a goodbye. His expression was full of shy sadness and it seriously made me shiver inside. I hope we're wrong. But we now have the memory of this show plus many others to pass onto our children, so they can be blessed with the same feelings we were.

Tool is extremely important and personal for me and will stay that way until I give my last breath. I can only hope that we get another chance to feel connected to them.
OFFLINE |  
pushthenvelope
07-11-2007, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I feel the same way and couldn't have said this better myself.
I too noticed Adam at the end. I was a long way away and couldn't see his face but there was a definate connection to the crowd. I hope it's not the last time I get to see them!!! If it does turn out to be, then that was a great way to finish.
For me it's up there pretty close with the 01 ACC show.
I was in the upper bowl and had a great view of the show. The only negatives I had were the crowd in our section. I couldn't believe how much running to get beer or whatever was going on. When I go to see Tool I'm there to watch the band , not socialize. During Jambi these meatheads are all standing by the railing (where the stairs come up) and blocking my as well as several others view. There was almost an altercation when I asked them to take their seats. Well you picked the wrong Tool fan to stand in front of. I just think 10k days has brought a new type of fan into the fold and I'm not sure I like it. Whatta ya going to do though. When they put on shows like that, word is sure to get out. Come on Tool, I hope you got one more release and a Tour left in you!!!!!!. And don't forget the live DVD.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:10 AM   #40
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
I feel the same way and couldn't have said this better myself.
I too noticed Adam at the end. I was a long way away and couldn't see his face but there was a definate connection to the crowd. I hope it's not the last time I get to see them!!! If it does turn out to be, then that was a great way to finish.
For me it's up there pretty close with the 01 ACC show.
I was in the upper bowl and had a great view of the show. The only negatives I had were the crowd in our section. I couldn't believe how much running to get beer or whatever was going on. When I go to see Tool I'm there to watch the band , not socialize. During Jambi these meatheads are all standing by the railing (where the stairs come up) and blocking my as well as several others view. There was almost an altercation when I asked them to take their seats. Well you picked the wrong Tool fan to stand in front of. I just think 10k days has brought a new type of fan into the fold and I'm not sure I like it. Whatta ya going to do though. When they put on shows like that, word is sure to get out. Come on Tool, I hope you got one more release and a Tour left in you!!!!!!. And don't forget the live DVD.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply