opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Sober
User Name
Password
Old 03-28-2004, 09:59 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Sober

****Quote By: Chuckie****
I remember reading from a website that the song was written about an actual person who was ridiculed for using drugs as a tool for his songwriting. I dont know if this is true or not, but I like to think of that when I try to interpret what the video means.

I think the box is his fix. The atmosphere of the video is very dark and gloomy, and the character's eyes are sewn shut, symbolizing that he doesnt have any artistic vision while he is sober. Due to such ridicule he hides his box, and debates whether he should open it or not. When he does finally open it, you see other characters, such as the camera looking guy, whom I think symbolizes the watchdog for whoever is ridiculing him. After he opens the box you see the little man floating, and seeing a light (and being sucked in to it it seems), the character takes a peice off a pipe and see's some sort of living, intestine-like, thing going through it, as if he see's more than whats really there, as if everything comes alive.

Thats just kind of how I interpret it
****I Forgot how to use the Quote Tag so I'm doing this***

I could have sworn I saw that exact same thing somewhere else....

Anyways, I agree with it exactly

And I think when he is lifted up it's like being enlightened and finding his peace. "I will work to elevate you, just enough to bring you down." Then maybe when he's sobering up he falls back down (not actually falling...it's a metaphor) and it's much worse because he hits the ground and it...hurts...

"I am just a witless liar..." Maybe that stanza or two is from the drug's point of view... Because drugs are liars in the sense of hallucinization; you see things that aren't there.

"I am just an imbecile" They are imbeciles(...? can't back that up).

"I will only complicate you..." they do complicate many things: there are wars on drugs, killings for/because of drugs, it's illegal(so issues with the law), etc. And if you trust in drugs, and become addicted, then you'll just fall and it'll ruin your life.

"I will find a center in you..." When you're addicted, it tears your life apart, and all you can think about is getting a fix.

"I will work to elevate you..." They get you high, but just as you feel your best... they bring you back, lower than where you were...

It's probably way off but it sounds fitting to me...

P.S. "Why can't we not be sober?" Possibly the drugs always want themselves to be used???
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:06 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Sober

[QUOTE=ÆnimaticEnigma]****Quote By: Chuckie****

"I am just a witless liar..." Maybe that stanza or two is from the drug's point of view... Because drugs are liars in the sense of hallucinization; you see things that aren't there."[/QUOTE]

It is not a witless liar its worthless.

Just thought I'd let ya know

- Maynard James Keenan
Old 04-20-2004, 11:38 AM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: Sober

i wasn't looking when i posted this my bad..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: