opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 07. Undertow
User Name
Password
Old 08-13-2007, 08:19 PM   #201
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
Re: You should know

Nope, i hear it on the cd every single time I play it.

If maynard submitted "sense your enemy"... and I got on here and said he was saying it was "saturating me" instead...

you'd sign your posing, fraudulent fat ass on the page.. look up my name and say "this asshole thinks he's saying sat-ur-ating me.. he must have his head up his ass! hehehehehehe! Everyone obviously knows it's sense your enemy!"

some Gautama Buddha wannabe... and ya come on here telling me my head is up my ass.

speaking of THE POT lyrics..... FUCKING HYPOCRITE.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #202
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

If you hear that, well that's fine with me. I just wanted to state that I disagree (hence the head-up-ass remark), because I hear "you're saturating me", and English isn't even my first language.

If MJK would have submitted "shut up...shut up...sense your enemy", I think it would be very weird, because it doesn't fit within the context of the song. I know YOU think it fits, but that's according to YOUR interpretation of the song and not to MINE.

I think it would be a mistake IF he had posted "sense you enemy", because some of the other lyrics which are posted are obviously wrong. Even the "Great Maynard James Keenan" can make mistakes. He's not a God. You really shouldn't think that he posts wrong lyrics intentionally. If you do please explain why.
However I do think that with the part we are discussing , he did not make a mistake, because what I hear conforms with the lyrics.

If you hadn't been such a whining "mr. know-it-all" about it, I probably wouldn't have responded to this thread. If I call you any names or something you might find offensive, you shouldn't take it personally, no really, I don't fucking know you.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:30 PM   #203
On Probation

Hear what you want to hear. Doesn't really matter to me. Afterall, I don't know you. I was just trying to enlighten you, Buddha Boy.

I don't whine. I just tell it how it is.

Maybe since you're the master of virtue and patience, it would behoove you to read the whole thread.

Cheerio
Old 08-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #204
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I did read the whole thread. Why would you assume that I didn't? And why won't you just answer my questions?

You should not assume that I'm the "master of virtue and patience". I'm not trying to prove that I'm smarter or better than you...because I don't assume that I am.
I'm only critizing you about the fact that you assume that you "tell it how it is", because that's the issue here.
You take something for a fact; he's singing "sense you enemy" instead of "you're saturating me". Facts should be backed up with evidence or logical deductions. This is something that I'm missing here. Therefore, doubts have risen within me about your statement. And when I doubt about something, I am likely to NOT accept it as a fact.

I would like to use this live video of Undertow as an argument for my statement that he's singing "you're saturating me": http://youtube.com/watch?v=eXHZGWnvego
Now, you can clearly hear him singing the words "you're (saturating me)"

Now, if you're not willing to accept that I don't agree, or just answer my questions, I'm not going to argue/discuss this anymore.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #205
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Let me rephrase the question again for you:

Do you honestly believe that MJK is submitting lyrics to this site which he has intentionally altered or changed?

I think the main purpose of this forum is that people can communicate with eachother about something. Communication also involves "listening" to other people and giving them an answer after he or she has asked a question. If your not willing to do this, then I'm not reading any more of your posts.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:08 PM   #206
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhikkhu View Post
Let me rephrase the question again for you:

Do you honestly believe that MJK is submitting lyrics to this site which he has intentionally altered or changed?

YES.

Not going to "SPOONFEED" you everything.

Think for yourself.

why would I assume you didnt read the whole thing? Because you said you hadn't.

and, you can youtube me every live performance.. (and no, I didnt check your link) I am not debating what he says live in concert. I am telling you what he says on the cd.

as for my arrogance and "factual" blabbering... this is an OPINION page i sign onto isn't it?

but yes, he INTENTIONALLY does not post exactly what he sings on the CD... when he submits lyrics to this site. Deal with it.

close enough so... i can DROWN you!

I'm treading water..
Old 08-21-2007, 06:49 AM   #207
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Ok, I already expected this. Now do you mind if I ask you something else...

Why would he sing it differently during a live performance? It doesn't make sense to me if he would sing something else during a concert.

And another question:

Do you also believe that God put dinosaur fossils on earth to test our faith?

Yes, I stole that from Bill Hicks, I admit it, but I don't see a problem with that.
That's the question that comes to my mind if you believe that MJK did intentionally post different (changed) lyrics. How can you take ANY of the lyrics seriously if you assume that he's fucking with the lyrics, thus fucking with our heads. You will probably say that he's changed them so I would think for myself, but I disagree with that.
You'll might also say that I shouldn't compare MJK with God, I know I shouldn't, but that's beside the point, or maybe God did put dinosaur fossils on earth to make us "think for ourselves"...haha...he thought: "damn, those fundamentalist christians are taking the bible too literally, come Jesus, let's put dinosaur fossils on earth to make them think for themselves", haha..

Oh, yeah, and about reading the whole thread...well it's 6 friggin pages long by now. I don't mind your "blabbering", but I'd rather see useful discussions where people have good arguments (or facts) to back up their "point of view" instead of people constantly telling eachother that they are wrong (pointing their finger).

p.s. Sorry if I make wrong assumptions about things you might say. I know I shouldn't.

Last edited by Bhikkhu; 08-21-2007 at 07:53 AM..
Old 08-23-2007, 02:32 PM   #208
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

If you don't want to, you don't have to respond to the whole "dinosaur fossil"-thing.

I think you only want to talk about the album/studio-version of this song. I have better things to do than to discuss this, and I guess some people just cannot be convinced to see/hear things as the way they (probably) are, but let me rephrase my point of view on the album/studio-version of this song:
I definitely hear a "T" after the "shut up, shut up...shut up"-part, the first time as well as the second time. To my knowledge, there is NO "T" in "sense your enemy". I must admit that it sounds like he's saying the word "enemy", but that's just because he's not very articulative or something. To me it sounds like "ya - sa - Tjua - redne - me", and this fits better with "you're saturating me" than with "sense your enemy".

You don't have to tell me to listing to it again or something, cause I've had the album since 1993/1994 and I've heard the song many times.

I'm willing to deal with the fact that Maynard is posting lyrics that might have some different words in it, but I would prefer lyrics that conform with the words that he sings. I think "thinking for myself" should mean that I think about the lyrics and what the meaning of the song might be.
I guess this is the last post in this thread for me, 'cause this discussion is going nowhere. After reading my posts you should understand that you don't have to "spoonfeed" me and that I'm thinking for myself already.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:50 PM   #209
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhikkhu View Post
If you don't want to, you don't have to respond to the whole "dinosaur fossil"-thing.

I think you only want to talk about the album/studio-version of this song. I have better things to do than to discuss this, and I guess some people just cannot be convinced to see/hear things as the way they (probably) are, but let me rephrase my point of view on the album/studio-version of this song:
I definitely hear a "T" after the "shut up, shut up...shut up"-part, the first time as well as the second time. To my knowledge, there is NO "T" in "sense your enemy". I must admit that it sounds like he's saying the word "enemy", but that's just because he's not very articulative or something. To me it sounds like "ya - sa - Tjua - redne - me", and this fits better with "you're saturating me" than with "sense your enemy".

You don't have to tell me to listing to it again or something, cause I've had the album since 1993/1994 and I've heard the song many times.

I'm willing to deal with the fact that Maynard is posting lyrics that might have some different words in it, but I would prefer lyrics that conform with the words that he sings. I think "thinking for myself" should mean that I think about the lyrics and what the meaning of the song might be.
I guess this is the last post in this thread for me, 'cause this discussion is going nowhere. After reading my posts you should understand that you don't have to "spoonfeed" me and that I'm thinking for myself already.

yeah, you're a regular genius.

at least you conceded something.. and ignored "drown"...

what's new
Old 08-23-2007, 11:43 PM   #210
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDeviations View Post
yeah, you're a regular genius.

at least you conceded something.. and ignored "drown"...

what's new
Thanks for the compliment...although I don't consider myself to be a genius.

I wasn't discussing "drown", because this thread is about Undertow and not about about "Prison Sex".

I'm disappointed that your posts are just getting shorter and shorter. Seems like you don't have much to say anymore. I really like discussing on this forum, but not like this...I'm willing to make an effort to respond to the things you say, but if you don't want to respond to things I say, then I'm not taking you seriously anymore, and I won't read any of your posts in other threads.

I just have two words left to say for you...DINOSAUR FOSSILS...(go check out Bill Hicks if you don't know what that's about)

Last edited by Bhikkhu; 08-23-2007 at 11:55 PM..
Old 08-23-2007, 11:55 PM   #211
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
If you don't see how "sense your enemy" and "saturatin' me" could be pronounced (yelled) phonetically the same way, then God help your soul.

Given that the "official" lyrics and various bootlegs say "saturating me," however, it doesn't take a linguist to figure out the most parsimonious explanation for this phenomenon. (It's obviously a message that God is sending you so that you'll avoid the impending doom that would befall you in parallel universes where you don't crucify/drown your ego and realize that Rage Against the Machine is actually the voice piece of those who oppose the OWLS-- our own world being a microcosm for the great infinity that exists in the penial gland.)
Yes, I am God, hahaha...

I've actually been a fan of RATM, but I've been having my doubts about Zack de la Rocha. He always sounds so angry and frustrated. I doubt if he'll still be like that 10 years from now. In some ways I agree with the messages that their songs are trying to convey, but to be always so angry about it seems not healthy to me. I'm not surprised that that band has split up. Their music just stopped "evolving".
Old 02-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #212
Level 1 - Lurker

Hey, how about this guys: I am currently listening to this song live on youtube and i believe he says "shut your enemy" which would make sense as he does say "shut up" a few time before the words in questions. It would make sense considering the last words do sound like "your enemy" but the first part sounds like a half way point between "saturating" and "sense". The "t" in shut followed by the "y" in your, especially with how he sings it could give it that similar "s" sound. any thoughts?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #213
On Probation

he says sense your enemy
Old 03-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #214
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

i always thought he said "accept your enemy." but sense your enemy seems to fit too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L5W-OB4sME

clear enough in this vid

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: