opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 12. Triad
User Name
Password
Old 11-29-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
Cliff Burton era Metallica

I love this track so much, it's so epic. I don't even know what it makes me think, but I get super pumped, with evil thoughts on my mind.

This track sounds like Tool with an old Metallica Cliff Burton esque feel. Anyone agree slightly? Like something from the Lightning, Puppets era?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3208
Re: Cliff Burton era Metallica

Adam obviously listened to some metal in his day, and the guitars do kinda sound pretty heavy, too. But, I can't agree just because the song is too technical and it shifts time signatures too much for any thrash metal tune.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:51 AM   #3
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkajdcjc View Post
Adam obviously listened to some metal in his day, and the guitars do kinda sound pretty heavy, too. But, I can't agree just because the song is too technical and it shifts time signatures too much for any thrash metal tune.
mmm.. I was referring more to the imagery. I've always actually had trouble counting time signatures that are not 4/4. Im not a musician by any means however.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3208

It's a great track, it shows off everyone's talents (like an instrumental track should).

It's just too complex for the boundaries of thrash metal, but I definately see the connection made between the two.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:30 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 707

the imagery is very subjective. the imagry i get is much more luminescent and colorful and transendant then anything i would tend to associate with metallica.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkajdcjc View Post
It's just too complex for the boundaries of thrash metal, but I definately see the connection made between the two.
Having possession of every Metallica cd, i can agree that it is definitely not Metallicaesque. Of course, I look at metallica as much more than a thrash metal band, but I just can't make a connection between them and Triad. It sounds nothing like their style.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2063

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_manback19 View Post
Having possession of every Metallica cd, i can agree that it is definitely not Metallicaesque. Of course, I look at metallica as much more than a thrash metal band, but I just can't make a connection between them and Triad. It sounds nothing like their style.
It is Tool style, how about that?
Old 12-25-2006, 05:50 PM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Gner. A: Metallica is not thrash metal. They broke away from that after Fight Fire With Fire and (except for Battery and Dier's Eave) haven't looked back. B: Triad doesn't change any time signatures, and nothing about that song is complex except some of the drumming. (Of course, I'm talking about the take that was put on the album; Lateralus Triad and live Triad are two completely different songs.)
Old 01-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277

triad's a awesome track.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

I can't really relate it to metallica, i think this track is tool and tool only.. It's one of their most evil tracks and i bloody love it.

I always shut my eyes and imagine it as a live track but in my own visual way, gives me some serious shivers.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 96

Did anyone else find this song one of those songs that you have to listen to a good half dozen times to appreciate. i didnt realise how much this song rocked for like a week after buying the album. Now i just go "aaaaaaghhhhh yyeeeeeeaaaahhhhhh" each time tht opening builds.

Don't get big ideas, they are not going to happen.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: