Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » General Discussion
User Name
Password
Dylanja
02-08-2012, 11:03 AM

I love how the tweak their stage set up seemingly ever tour. It just gets better and better. I wonder how much that whole set up cost, does anyone have the slightest idea? At the Tucson show, every time the screens started moving, or the lights started dropping I couldn't help but think to myself, "Damn! That must be so expensive!" lol
10-30-01 @ Cricket Pavillion | 11-19-02 @ America West Arena | 6-6-06 @ Gammage Auditorium | 9-1-06 @ Theatre Under the Stars | 9-9-06 @ Cricket Pavillion | 6-6-07 @ Tucson Convention Center | 6-15-07 @ Bonnaroo | 12-13-07 @ The Pearl | 12-14-07 @ The Pearl | 7-18-09 @ Mile High Festival | 7-19-09 @ Energy Solutions Arena | 7-21-09 @ US Airways Center | 7-18-10 @ Nokia Theatre | 7-19-10 @ Nokia Theatre | 1-17-12 @ Tucson Convention Center
Old 02-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #401
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2012 General Tool Tour Discussion *NO SPOILERS*

I love how the tweak their stage set up seemingly ever tour. It just gets better and better. I wonder how much that whole set up cost, does anyone have the slightest idea? At the Tucson show, every time the screens started moving, or the lights started dropping I couldn't help but think to myself, "Damn! That must be so expensive!" lol
10-30-01 @ Cricket Pavillion | 11-19-02 @ America West Arena | 6-6-06 @ Gammage Auditorium | 9-1-06 @ Theatre Under the Stars | 9-9-06 @ Cricket Pavillion | 6-6-07 @ Tucson Convention Center | 6-15-07 @ Bonnaroo | 12-13-07 @ The Pearl | 12-14-07 @ The Pearl | 7-18-09 @ Mile High Festival | 7-19-09 @ Energy Solutions Arena | 7-21-09 @ US Airways Center | 7-18-10 @ Nokia Theatre | 7-19-10 @ Nokia Theatre | 1-17-12 @ Tucson Convention Center
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Ganjalf's Avatar Ganjalf
02-08-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisoncarey View Post
Bahaha... That is hilarious. I feel the same way about "Maynard's Dick"... Additionally, I don't think that his stage presence and/or the power of his music are lagging at all. He, along with the rest of the band, continue to be the best musicians around. I was actually surprised at how much he did talk at the Charlotte show. All of those guys are just amazing, if you ask me...
They're my favorite band but I dunno about best musicians around. Rush is still around...
Old 02-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #402
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisoncarey View Post
Bahaha... That is hilarious. I feel the same way about "Maynard's Dick"... Additionally, I don't think that his stage presence and/or the power of his music are lagging at all. He, along with the rest of the band, continue to be the best musicians around. I was actually surprised at how much he did talk at the Charlotte show. All of those guys are just amazing, if you ask me...
They're my favorite band but I dunno about best musicians around. Rush is still around...
02-13-2012, 06:11 PM

Hey, if anyone can burn me a CDR or DVD of any of the following, I'd be grateful.
Reno
Vegas
Tucson
Dallas (1&2)

Send a PM.

Last edited by jwb; 02-13-2012 at 06:14 PM..
Old 02-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #403
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Hey, if anyone can burn me a CDR or DVD of any of the following, I'd be grateful.
Reno
Vegas
Tucson
Dallas (1&2)

Send a PM.

Last edited by jwb; 02-13-2012 at 06:14 PM..
Dylanja
02-13-2012, 08:39 PM

^ Are there boots of those shows floating around? I'd love Tucson if it's out there.

Also, my friend is a VJ and posted this on facebook saying how truthful it was. I hope somehow this can get back to Junior because I got a kick out of it...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...02661031_n.jpg
Old 02-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #404
Level 7 - Loquacious

^ Are there boots of those shows floating around? I'd love Tucson if it's out there.

Also, my friend is a VJ and posted this on facebook saying how truthful it was. I hope somehow this can get back to Junior because I got a kick out of it...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...02661031_n.jpg
allisoncarey's Avatar allisoncarey
02-13-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjalf View Post
Agree to disagree?
Old 02-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #405
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjalf View Post
Agree to disagree?
jwb's Avatar jwb
02-14-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanja View Post
I don't know, I just assumed there would be.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:50 AM   #406
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I don't know, I just assumed there would be.
kanaduh
02-19-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Def Con 2 View Post
So you're a fan of lazy dicks who take your money? Your boyfriend/husband must be a winner. Hopefully he's atleast taller than Gaynard.
you can say a lot of negative things about maynard that are quite possibly fair and true.

however, lazy is NOT something you should call him.

since 2011:

Aussie TOOL tour
APC summer tour
Wine harvest/stuff in AZ
New full album for Puscifer
Puscifer NA tour in the fall
TOOL tour January/February
Puscifer tour starts next month

Seriously, that is not lazy in my books.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #407
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45

Quote:
So you're a fan of lazy dicks who take your money? Your boyfriend/husband must be a winner. Hopefully he's atleast taller than Gaynard.
you can say a lot of negative things about maynard that are quite possibly fair and true.

however, lazy is NOT something you should call him.

since 2011:

Aussie TOOL tour
APC summer tour
Wine harvest/stuff in AZ
New full album for Puscifer
Puscifer NA tour in the fall
TOOL tour January/February
Puscifer tour starts next month

Seriously, that is not lazy in my books.
02-19-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Just because you show up to work doesn't excuse you from being labeled as lazy.
In this case it does. I think most people are thrilled beyond satisfaction that tool toured this winter. Lazy maynard or not, the setlist was beyond great compared to what most people expected. I know I had a spectacular time.

Quote:
. I'm not referring to his 3rd rate take on trip hop (Puscifer)
Seriously... third rate take on trip hop? Puscifer is not, and will never been on the same level as tool. However, give it the time of day and there are many surprisingly good sounds and lyrics to be found. not to mention the puscifer live experience is beautiful and definitely memorable. other people on these boards who've attended can attest to that. I bet you listened to cuntry boner and maybe 1-2 other songs before you jumped to your idiotic conclusion.

Quote:
or his weak attempt at being Robert Smith (APC).
lol, now you're just trolling.

Quote:
I'm referring to the money he is taking for the effort, or lack thereof, he's put forth in Tool over the past few years, particularly live
He creates and performs music for a living. It is his job. I cant stand this ridiculous notion people have that just because he is some philosophical/inspiration wizard, he is suddenly expected to act like a Brahman or pretend to be the Salvation Army and give us everything for free.

Quote:
It's bad enough fans have to pay hundreds of dollars, if not more
Hundreds of dollars, if not more? I have been to 29 shows. never paid even $100 for a ticket.

Quote:
, for an hour set, which is what it is after trimming the fat
An hour set? Really? You're an idiot, if I haven't said so already. Almost every single show is closer to, if not more than, 2 hours.

Also, I would love to hear what you refer to as "fat"? Because the transitions, jams and interludes between songs are sometimes just as enjoyable than the actual songs themselves. Remember when they opened for Lateralus in 2002 by playing Wings for Marie? You would call that fat.

Quote:
Which is no doubt due to MJK's inability to perform
Have you heard the Charlotte bootleg from 2012? His voice is still absolutely incredible considering his age. Remember, he isnt playing drums/guitar/bass - his vocals deteriorate over time more than the instruments will for the other 3 guys. Despite this, his vocals are still great. Listen to that Charlotte bootleg. Pushit reminds me of why this band, and Maynard, are still fucking epic to this day.

Quote:
but mainly his desire to get the fuck off stage as quickly as he can
Oh, I'm sorry Maynard leaves the stage after the concert is over. Sorry, did you want to watch him play Monopoly with the other 3 on the stage, or maybe sit in a circle with the front mosh pit security staff and sing kumbaya?

Quote:
not to mention his body language, behavior and ridiculously absurd comments to crowds and fans alike
Maynard has always been this way. Watch any video of tool since they started touring in the early 90's. If you want to go to a concert where the lead singer is all, "FUCK YES TORONTO!!!!! LETS HEAR YOU MAKE SOME FUCKING NOISE1111!111", I suggest you go look up some other bands. Nickelback comes to mind.

Lastly, have you even paid any attention to the fucking setlists they have been playing the past few years?

THIRD EYE
TICKS
Pushit
Hooker
Parabola
The Patient
You Lied

All 7 of the above songs I never would have dreamed would be played ever again. Tool is full of surprises. Stop bitching and learn to love whatever it is they give us. If it's not enough for you, then dont give them your money. Nickelback is still waiting for you.

/phew. that was fun.

Last edited by kanaduh; 02-20-2012 at 06:08 PM..
Old 02-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #408
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Just because you show up to work doesn't excuse you from being labeled as lazy.
In this case it does. I think most people are thrilled beyond satisfaction that tool toured this winter. Lazy maynard or not, the setlist was beyond great compared to what most people expected. I know I had a spectacular time.

Quote:
. I'm not referring to his 3rd rate take on trip hop (Puscifer)
Seriously... third rate take on trip hop? Puscifer is not, and will never been on the same level as tool. However, give it the time of day and there are many surprisingly good sounds and lyrics to be found. not to mention the puscifer live experience is beautiful and definitely memorable. other people on these boards who've attended can attest to that. I bet you listened to cuntry boner and maybe 1-2 other songs before you jumped to your idiotic conclusion.

Quote:
or his weak attempt at being Robert Smith (APC).
lol, now you're just trolling.

Quote:
I'm referring to the money he is taking for the effort, or lack thereof, he's put forth in Tool over the past few years, particularly live
He creates and performs music for a living. It is his job. I cant stand this ridiculous notion people have that just because he is some philosophical/inspiration wizard, he is suddenly expected to act like a Brahman or pretend to be the Salvation Army and give us everything for free.

Quote:
It's bad enough fans have to pay hundreds of dollars, if not more
Hundreds of dollars, if not more? I have been to 29 shows. never paid even $100 for a ticket.

Quote:
, for an hour set, which is what it is after trimming the fat
An hour set? Really? You're an idiot, if I haven't said so already. Almost every single show is closer to, if not more than, 2 hours.

Also, I would love to hear what you refer to as "fat"? Because the transitions, jams and interludes between songs are sometimes just as enjoyable than the actual songs themselves. Remember when they opened for Lateralus in 2002 by playing Wings for Marie? You would call that fat.

Quote:
Which is no doubt due to MJK's inability to perform
Have you heard the Charlotte bootleg from 2012? His voice is still absolutely incredible considering his age. Remember, he isnt playing drums/guitar/bass - his vocals deteriorate over time more than the instruments will for the other 3 guys. Despite this, his vocals are still great. Listen to that Charlotte bootleg. Pushit reminds me of why this band, and Maynard, are still fucking epic to this day.

Quote:
but mainly his desire to get the fuck off stage as quickly as he can
Oh, I'm sorry Maynard leaves the stage after the concert is over. Sorry, did you want to watch him play Monopoly with the other 3 on the stage, or maybe sit in a circle with the front mosh pit security staff and sing kumbaya?

Quote:
not to mention his body language, behavior and ridiculously absurd comments to crowds and fans alike
Maynard has always been this way. Watch any video of tool since they started touring in the early 90's. If you want to go to a concert where the lead singer is all, "FUCK YES TORONTO!!!!! LETS HEAR YOU MAKE SOME FUCKING NOISE1111!111", I suggest you go look up some other bands. Nickelback comes to mind.

Lastly, have you even paid any attention to the fucking setlists they have been playing the past few years?

THIRD EYE
TICKS
Pushit
Hooker
Parabola
The Patient
You Lied

All 7 of the above songs I never would have dreamed would be played ever again. Tool is full of surprises. Stop bitching and learn to love whatever it is they give us. If it's not enough for you, then dont give them your money. Nickelback is still waiting for you.

/phew. that was fun.

Last edited by kanaduh; 02-20-2012 at 06:08 PM..
new millenium cyanide christ's Avatar new millenium cyanide christ
02-19-2012, 01:23 PM

and this is why i still love TDN, lol.

:)
Old 02-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #409
greetings from planet x

Bincount™: 1062
Re: General Tool Discussion

and this is why i still love TDN, lol.

:)
kanaduh
02-19-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
And no, I don't expect your bathtime boyfriend to stick around and play monopoly, you dumb fuck.
Thank god, it's about time somebody figured out my secret.

What, did you honestly think I spent so much money on all these Puscifer, APC and Tool shows just to see the man perform on a fucking stage?

Tool fans, fear not. Maynard wears protection.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #410
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
And no, I don't expect your bathtime boyfriend to stick around and play monopoly, you dumb fuck.
Thank god, it's about time somebody figured out my secret.

What, did you honestly think I spent so much money on all these Puscifer, APC and Tool shows just to see the man perform on a fucking stage?

Tool fans, fear not. Maynard wears protection.
02-19-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
29 shows, yet 0 before '06. Ouch. No sense in trying to educate me on what a great show actually is. You and Vern Troyer better just stick to The Lion King.
I don't even know why that Kanaduh-dude even posts here. There should be some sort IQ test you have to take before logging on, I think he might be borderline retarded.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #411
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
29 shows, yet 0 before '06. Ouch. No sense in trying to educate me on what a great show actually is. You and Vern Troyer better just stick to The Lion King.
I don't even know why that Kanaduh-dude even posts here. There should be some sort IQ test you have to take before logging on, I think he might be borderline retarded.
kanaduh
02-19-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
LOL.

Well played, Adam.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #412
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
LOL.

Well played, Adam.
02-20-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
You kill me....i think you have summed up all my past relationships in one sentence! ha ha ha....
and my husband is taller this MAYNARD....he is 6'7...big hands big feet = big dick!!! lol
Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #413
On Probation

Bincount™: 25

Quote:
You kill me....i think you have summed up all my past relationships in one sentence! ha ha ha....
and my husband is taller this MAYNARD....he is 6'7...big hands big feet = big dick!!! lol
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
02-20-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
First, let me compliment you on your avatar. It's wonderful. I appreciate the compliment, but I'm willing to bet kanaduh doesn't find me quite as humorous. He'd probably try to shank me with one of his Mini-me scented dildos if he ever found time between seeing The Lion King and Cats to locate me. 1/24/12 was my 47th Tool show, most of which were pre-Lateralus which is indicative of my present dissatisfaction with El Nardo's "effort."
We have now hit Def Con 3
Old 02-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #414
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
First, let me compliment you on your avatar. It's wonderful. I appreciate the compliment, but I'm willing to bet kanaduh doesn't find me quite as humorous. He'd probably try to shank me with one of his Mini-me scented dildos if he ever found time between seeing The Lion King and Cats to locate me. 1/24/12 was my 47th Tool show, most of which were pre-Lateralus which is indicative of my present dissatisfaction with El Nardo's "effort."
We have now hit Def Con 3
bb46n2
02-20-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
So you're a fan of lazy dicks who take your money?
Well actually, yes, i am developing a crush on you Def Con.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #415
On Probation

Quote:
So you're a fan of lazy dicks who take your money?
Well actually, yes, i am developing a crush on you Def Con.
bb46n2
02-20-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Thanks, but my dick is relatively active and quite wealthy.
Well contact me when you are lazy and poor, i'll take real good care of you. ha ha ha ha
Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #416
On Probation

Quote:
Thanks, but my dick is relatively active and quite wealthy.
Well contact me when you are lazy and poor, i'll take real good care of you. ha ha ha ha
bb46n2
02-20-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Ok, it'll probably be towards the end of the year, after Obama gets re-elected.
RIGHT!! But you better grab me up quick, because if that happens, i will have a plethora of broke men (and women) to choose from!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #417
On Probation

Quote:
Ok, it'll probably be towards the end of the year, after Obama gets re-elected.
RIGHT!! But you better grab me up quick, because if that happens, i will have a plethora of broke men (and women) to choose from!
begmetostay's Avatar begmetostay
02-20-2012, 12:54 PM

Is def con 2 Maynard trolling? Think about it.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #418
Level 7 - Loquacious

Is def con 2 Maynard trolling? Think about it.
bb46n2
02-20-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Ok, but first let me ask you a few questions. For compatibility purposes.
You sure know how to put a girl on the spot, ok, here goes:

What's your favorite fictitious novel?[/QUOTE]
Dianetics
How often do you clip your toe nails? [/QUOTE]
clip my toe nails? are you insane?!?

If you could pick any prison in the state of Oklahoma to do hard time, which would it be?
When was the last time you or someone you've known personally had a colonoscopy?
Why does kanaduh play for the pink team?
How many ejaculations does it take a donkey (Venezuelan) to fill a 40 ounce bottle of Old English?
And......what's your favorite color?

Also, if you could finish this sentence, it would be greatly appreciated.

The last time I ____________, I came to with blood and feces dripping from my hands.

Look forward to seeing the results. I have a feeling you'll do great, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by bb46n2; 02-20-2012 at 04:42 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #419
On Probation

Quote:
Ok, but first let me ask you a few questions. For compatibility purposes.
You sure know how to put a girl on the spot, ok, here goes:

What's your favorite fictitious novel?[/QUOTE]
Dianetics
How often do you clip your toe nails? [/QUOTE]

If you could pick any prison in the state of Oklahoma to do hard time, which would it be?
When was the last time you or someone you've known personally had a colonoscopy?
Why does kanaduh play for the pink team?
How many ejaculations does it take a donkey (Venezuelan) to fill a 40 ounce bottle of Old English?
And......what's your favorite color?

Also, if you could finish this sentence, it would be greatly appreciated.

The last time I ____________, I came to with blood and feces dripping from my hands.

Look forward to seeing the results. I have a feeling you'll do great, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by bb46n2; 02-20-2012 at 04:42 PM..
bb46n2
02-20-2012, 04:58 PM

^^^^^GUESS I AM TOO STUPID TO EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW TO REPLY TO YOU^^^^

1.What's your favorite fictitious novel?
Dianetics

2.How often do you clip your toe nails?

3. If you could pick any prison in the state of Oklahoma to do hard time, which would it be?
Beaver Work Center, so I can put my beaver to good use.

4.When was the last time you or someone you've known personally had a colonoscopy?
too personal a question

5.Why does kanaduh play for the pink team?
didn't think they let kanaduh play for any team because of insurance reasons

6.How many ejaculations does it take a donkey (Venezuelan) to fill a 40 ounce bottle of Old English?
Zero, the bottle is already filled with Old English.....you should have said how many to fill an EMPTY bottle.

7.And......what's your favorite color?
Whatever El Nardo's favorite color is

8. Also, if you could finish this sentence, it would be greatly appreciated.

The last time I "tried to help kanaduh find his head", I came to with blood and feces dripping from my hands.

Did i pass....probably not....but i do look forward to the upcoming tongue lashing I will receive from you.

Last edited by bb46n2; 02-20-2012 at 05:02 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #420
On Probation

^^^^^GUESS I AM TOO STUPID TO EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW TO REPLY TO YOU^^^^

1.What's your favorite fictitious novel?
Dianetics

2.How often do you clip your toe nails?

3. If you could pick any prison in the state of Oklahoma to do hard time, which would it be?
Beaver Work Center, so I can put my beaver to good use.

4.When was the last time you or someone you've known personally had a colonoscopy?
too personal a question

5.Why does kanaduh play for the pink team?
didn't think they let kanaduh play for any team because of insurance reasons

6.How many ejaculations does it take a donkey (Venezuelan) to fill a 40 ounce bottle of Old English?
Zero, the bottle is already filled with Old English.....you should have said how many to fill an EMPTY bottle.

7.And......what's your favorite color?
Whatever El Nardo's favorite color is

8. Also, if you could finish this sentence, it would be greatly appreciated.

The last time I "tried to help kanaduh find his head", I came to with blood and feces dripping from my hands.

Did i pass....probably not....but i do look forward to the upcoming tongue lashing I will receive from you.

Last edited by bb46n2; 02-20-2012 at 05:02 PM..
kanaduh
02-20-2012, 05:27 PM

this thread is thoroughly amusing.

i am proud to have played a role.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #421
Level 9 - Obstreperous

02-20-2012, 05:35 PM

You guys are funny! This is my first post; I've been reading these posts for years and finally sat down and registered. Anyway, I'm going to April Tool's Day @ Alex Grey's Chapel of Sacred Mirrors in New York! Has anyone ever been before? Apparently the Bengali Tabla player Aloke Dutta will be there (he taught Danny some stuff). I'm psyched to be in the presence of Alex Grey who helped shape the visions of TOOL that we all love. I'm still on a high after seeing the 2.1.12 show in NJ although I did cry a little when they didn't play ticks.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #422
Level 4 - Thinker

You guys are funny! This is my first post; I've been reading these posts for years and finally sat down and registered. Anyway, I'm going to April Tool's Day @ Alex Grey's Chapel of Sacred Mirrors in New York! Has anyone ever been before? Apparently the Bengali Tabla player Aloke Dutta will be there (he taught Danny some stuff). I'm psyched to be in the presence of Alex Grey who helped shape the visions of TOOL that we all love. I'm still on a high after seeing the 2.1.12 show in NJ although I did cry a little when they didn't play ticks.
02-20-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2swallow View Post
I was also at the NJ show and feel your pain. Especially considering they did not play Parabola to make up for it like they did at some earlier shows.

Regarding the Chapel - are both Alex Grey AND Aloke gonna be there? If so, that's actually really amazing. I wish I could be there as well. Take some pictures if it's appropriate and you get the chance. Would love to see them.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #423
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I was also at the NJ show and feel your pain. Especially considering they did not play Parabola to make up for it like they did at some earlier shows.

Regarding the Chapel - are both Alex Grey AND Aloke gonna be there? If so, that's actually really amazing. I wish I could be there as well. Take some pictures if it's appropriate and you get the chance. Would love to see them.
02-20-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post

Yes kanaduh, if were not for you and this thread, god only knows what we might really do out in the real world. Just think....YOU ARE SAVING LIVES MAN!!

"the world will not be destroyed by those who do evil,
but by those who watch them without doing anything"

-Einstein_
Old 02-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #424
On Probation

Quote:

Yes kanaduh, if were not for you and this thread, god only knows what we might really do out in the real world. Just think....YOU ARE SAVING LIVES MAN!!

"the world will not be destroyed by those who do evil,
but by those who watch them without doing anything"

-Einstein_
born2swallow's Avatar born2swallow
02-20-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:

Ya, both will be there as well as the cover band Schism. Alex will be doing a live painting with his wife, Allyson too. Hopefully I will be able to take pics and will share if I can.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #425
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Ya, both will be there as well as the cover band Schism. Alex will be doing a live painting with his wife, Allyson too. Hopefully I will be able to take pics and will share if I can.
02-20-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Awesome. Also, glad to see they recovered after that car accident last year. It didn't sound too good based on the pictures of him in the hospital. How much did you pay for tickets?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #426
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Awesome. Also, glad to see they recovered after that car accident last year. It didn't sound too good based on the pictures of him in the hospital. How much did you pay for tickets?
02-20-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I didn't even know about the accident! damn, glad they're ok too. The tix are 25 online/40 at the door. Lookin forward to being around like-minded people and artists that have influenced the band. The website is COSM.org if you are interested. He has other events throughout the year too.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #427
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I didn't even know about the accident! damn, glad they're ok too. The tix are 25 online/40 at the door. Lookin forward to being around like-minded people and artists that have influenced the band. The website is COSM.org if you are interested. He has other events throughout the year too.
02-20-2012, 08:42 PM

Can somebody please PM me a link to the boot?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #428
Level 7 - Loquacious

Can somebody please PM me a link to the boot?
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
02-21-2012, 10:54 AM

there is such thing as private messages.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #429
Level 7 - Loquacious

there is such thing as private messages.
Dylanja
02-21-2012, 02:07 PM

*sigh* Tool fans are the worst.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #430
Level 7 - Loquacious

*sigh* Tool fans are the worst.
MFF0RD6
02-21-2012, 02:38 PM

i apologize if this has already been posted, but here's a video of maynard speaking in arizona and it touches upon the creation of the song "aenima"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=G1d1tte7ouQ#!
3.1.97 - 7.11.97 - 7.3.98 - 8.15.01 - 11.24.02 - 4.30.06 - 9.7.06 - 9.8.06 - 7.14.07 - 12.10.07 - 12.14.07 - 8.22.09 - 7.18.10 - 7.19.10 - 3.12.14 - 3.16.14 - 10.31.15 - 1.9.16 - 6.17.17 - 10.20.19 - 10.21.19
Old 02-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #431
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

i apologize if this has already been posted, but here's a video of maynard speaking in arizona and it touches upon the creation of the song "aenima"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=G1d1tte7ouQ#!
3.1.97 - 7.11.97 - 7.3.98 - 8.15.01 - 11.24.02 - 4.30.06 - 9.7.06 - 9.8.06 - 7.14.07 - 12.10.07 - 12.14.07 - 8.22.09 - 7.18.10 - 7.19.10 - 3.12.14 - 3.16.14 - 10.31.15 - 1.9.16 - 6.17.17 - 10.20.19 - 10.21.19
Dylanja
02-21-2012, 03:39 PM

When's the new album dropping, 12/21/2012?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #432
Level 7 - Loquacious

02-21-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Maynard and they that hear shall live
Old 02-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #433
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Maynard and they that hear shall live
02-21-2012, 04:44 PM

haha. wish i could take 'born2swallow' seriously
Old 02-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #434
Level 7 - Loquacious

02-21-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
There is actually a cute little story behind my profile name involving a play on words from the song opiate.... I'm actually forced to be "serious" all day at work and this outlet is my time to let loose a little. Anyway, my analogy of the second coming of christ and the new tool album was my lame attempt at humor and overdone i'm sure.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #435
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
There is actually a cute little story behind my profile name involving a play on words from the song opiate.... I'm actually forced to be "serious" all day at work and this outlet is my time to let loose a little. Anyway, my analogy of the second coming of christ and the new tool album was my lame attempt at humor and overdone i'm sure.
02-21-2012, 07:55 PM

clever haha, keep the anal(ogys) coming. alley oop
Old 02-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #436
Level 7 - Loquacious

clever haha, keep the anal(ogys) coming. alley oop
Prem Kala's Avatar Prem Kala
02-23-2012, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegean_okra View Post
fucking hell. wasn't even paying attention, clicked the setlist thread automatically. god damn it. hopefully they'll change it up a bit so there's some surprise left come the 25th. feel like crying. spoilers hurt. god damn it. fuck.
Ohhh! You weren't lying when you offered a Tool ticket in--- January!! Your emailed alert about the Toronto Tool concert was just received *now*!!

I've been out in the middle of no where in India and there was no way to check my mail.

This is strange though! I had a dream, during a meditation retreat from around mid Jan. to mid Feb., that I lost a Tool ticket!... It was thought that the dream had more of an esoteric meaning - but thats very synchronistic don't you think?

Thanks for the ticket offer, but even if I would have went with you, I honestly would have disappeared into the crowd the moment the music would have started. To me, going to a Tool concert is like entering a sacred temple and to get the full effect of their live music its best to go alone, in your own "comfortable, vulnerable" space.

-

another tool concert missed...

what a surprise that Tool played in Canada during the winter season.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:06 AM   #437
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegean_okra View Post
fucking hell. wasn't even paying attention, clicked the setlist thread automatically. god damn it. hopefully they'll change it up a bit so there's some surprise left come the 25th. feel like crying. spoilers hurt. god damn it. fuck.
Ohhh! You weren't lying when you offered a Tool ticket in--- January!! Your emailed alert about the Toronto Tool concert was just received *now*!!

I've been out in the middle of no where in India and there was no way to check my mail.

This is strange though! I had a dream, during a meditation retreat from around mid Jan. to mid Feb., that I lost a Tool ticket!... It was thought that the dream had more of an esoteric meaning - but thats very synchronistic don't you think?

Thanks for the ticket offer, but even if I would have went with you, I honestly would have disappeared into the crowd the moment the music would have started. To me, going to a Tool concert is like entering a sacred temple and to get the full effect of their live music its best to go alone, in your own "comfortable, vulnerable" space.

-

another tool concert missed...

what a surprise that Tool played in Canada during the winter season.
kanaduh
02-23-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prem Kala View Post
To me, going to a Tool concert is like entering a sacred temple and to get the full effect of their live music its best to go alone, in your own "comfortable, vulnerable" space.
wow.

interesting perspective.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #438
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prem Kala View Post
To me, going to a Tool concert is like entering a sacred temple and to get the full effect of their live music its best to go alone, in your own "comfortable, vulnerable" space.
wow.

interesting perspective.
02-24-2012, 12:05 PM

I must say that I like the fact there is a nice estrogen balance on this board. Too many music sites and boards are dickfests. Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of dicks here..

Chicks who love Tool rule.

(especially ones who don't mind being referred to as chicks)
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #439
Level 10 - Vehement

I must say that I like the fact there is a nice estrogen balance on this board. Too many music sites and boards are dickfests. Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of dicks here..

Chicks who love Tool rule.

(especially ones who don't mind being referred to as chicks)
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
02-24-2012, 12:36 PM

i think ide agree with the last three posts.

my friends were a distraction last show and i think ide rather just go alone and have a similar introspective no distractions experience next time. after all tools music is like that for the most part
Old 02-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #440
Level 7 - Loquacious

i think ide agree with the last three posts.

my friends were a distraction last show and i think ide rather just go alone and have a similar introspective no distractions experience next time. after all tools music is like that for the most part

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply