Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
10kmaniac
10-02-2006, 10:26 AM

Found this interview with Justin, from a newspaper in Wilkes-Barre where tonight's show is.

http://www.diamondcityweekly.com/sit...d=560916&rfi=6
Old 10-02-2006, 10:26 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
new tool interview

Found this interview with Justin, from a newspaper in Wilkes-Barre where tonight's show is.

http://www.diamondcityweekly.com/sit...d=560916&rfi=6
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
metamorph
10-02-2006, 11:04 AM

man this interviewer is such a geek. the questions he asks are so redundant, you get the feeling justin is as annoyed with the questions as i am. "tool isnt a itunes band" cmon, who fucking cares.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: new tool interview

man this interviewer is such a geek. the questions he asks are so redundant, you get the feeling justin is as annoyed with the questions as i am. "tool isnt a itunes band" cmon, who fucking cares.
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
10-03-2006, 01:32 AM

I loved the interviewer! Very nice interview, thanks a lot.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:32 AM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

I loved the interviewer! Very nice interview, thanks a lot.
æmoeba•°·.'s Avatar æmoeba•°·.
10-03-2006, 12:05 PM

I loved the interviewer as well, although, there could have been more questions, it will suffice.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

I loved the interviewer as well, although, there could have been more questions, it will suffice.
2and46's Avatar 2and46
10-04-2006, 04:28 AM

Justin is cool. You know he was rolling his eyes at some of those questions, but he played along. Awesome guy.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:28 AM   #5
Banned.

Bincount™: 6746

Justin is cool. You know he was rolling his eyes at some of those questions, but he played along. Awesome guy.
lagimatt's Avatar lagimatt
10-04-2006, 04:55 AM

An excerpt from a MJK interview:

NYROCK:
How do you keep in touch with your fans? You seem a bit elusive and tend to avoid mingling with them.

MAYNARD:
We really don't like it. It's not arrogance at all. We just consider it slightly unnatural. It's not that we're looking down on our fans and that's why we don't want any contact. It's just if we would mix with our fans, they'd most likely feel that they have to tell us how much they like our music and that can easily get to your head. Look at a couple of bands out there, with a lot of them, I always get the feeling their success has gone to their heads. If you start taking yourself too seriously it's not good for the creative process. I always believed that music should speak for itself, that people shouldn't see us as heroes, that our fans shouldn't concentrate on us, that they shouldn't try to feed our egos. Once your ego gets in the way, it is much more difficult to feel music.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:55 AM   #6
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 17

NYROCK:
How do you keep in touch with your fans? You seem a bit elusive and tend to avoid mingling with them.

MAYNARD:
We really don't like it. It's not arrogance at all. We just consider it slightly unnatural. It's not that we're looking down on our fans and that's why we don't want any contact. It's just if we would mix with our fans, they'd most likely feel that they have to tell us how much they like our music and that can easily get to your head. Look at a couple of bands out there, with a lot of them, I always get the feeling their success has gone to their heads. If you start taking yourself too seriously it's not good for the creative process. I always believed that music should speak for itself, that people shouldn't see us as heroes, that our fans shouldn't concentrate on us, that they shouldn't try to feed our egos. Once your ego gets in the way, it is much more difficult to feel music.
10-04-2006, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagimatt View Post

NYROCK:

MAYNARD:
This must come from the Lateralus period, cos I think maynard's point of vew has changed since 10,000 days is out
Old 10-04-2006, 05:01 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagimatt View Post

NYROCK:

MAYNARD:
This must come from the Lateralus period, cos I think maynard's point of vew has changed since 10,000 days is out
10-04-2006, 05:09 AM

You're right it comes frim the Lateralus period, but I don't think that a perspective like that would change. I totally agree with him. I mean if I or was to meet him, what would I do? Give praise. How would it go to his head then and not now??
Old 10-04-2006, 05:09 AM   #8

You're right it comes frim the Lateralus period, but I don't think that a perspective like that would change. I totally agree with him. I mean if I or was to meet him, what would I do? Give praise. How would it go to his head then and not now??
10-04-2006, 09:30 AM

I'd probably just shake his hand and thank him for the last 12 years, then let him be on his way.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:30 AM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

I'd probably just shake his hand and thank him for the last 12 years, then let him be on his way.
10-04-2006, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinch666 View Post
I dont know where you would get this notion. Please back up such comments.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #10
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinch666 View Post
I dont know where you would get this notion. Please back up such comments.
Shidler
10-05-2006, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Wez View Post
I've always wanted to meet Tool and in particular, Maynard. But thinking about it, what would I really say? I mean, I don't wanna just kiss his ass or ask question after question about his songs. Probably the best thing I could do would be to just shake his hand and thank him.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:13 AM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Wez View Post
I've always wanted to meet Tool and in particular, Maynard. But thinking about it, what would I really say? I mean, I don't wanna just kiss his ass or ask question after question about his songs. Probably the best thing I could do would be to just shake his hand and thank him.
10-05-2006, 02:18 AM

Ya, ypu're right. Shaking his hand would probably be about right... but it would be killer to go to the bar with MJK. His point of view is way askew. I think he could come up with some really out-there shit and keep just about anyone in stitches all night long
Old 10-05-2006, 02:18 AM   #12

Ya, ypu're right. Shaking his hand would probably be about right... but it would be killer to go to the bar with MJK. His point of view is way askew. I think he could come up with some really out-there shit and keep just about anyone in stitches all night long
10-05-2006, 02:21 AM

I mean, shit... he went around for awhile handing out business cards with the name 'Jesus H. Christ' To come up with something like that and actually go through with it, damn... that is hillarious. I'd buy him a bottle of Jag...
Old 10-05-2006, 02:21 AM   #13

I mean, shit... he went around for awhile handing out business cards with the name 'Jesus H. Christ' To come up with something like that and actually go through with it, damn... that is hillarious. I'd buy him a bottle of Jag...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply