Old 04-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #82
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11
Re: Track Lengths Revealed!

maybe it'll work like parabol did with parabola....just a guess
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
InertUniformity's Avatar InertUniformity
04-08-2006, 03:52 PM

From what adams said in the GW interview i think we can say safely that the opus of 10 000 Days will be tracks 2-4.

2 and 3 being the most "emotional", brooding, and powerful piece of music Tool have ever written...

4 being the most "commercial", and twisted track Tool has done to date.

Its gonna be a fuckin trip to hear that 18 minute piece followed by "The Pot"...
Old 04-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #83
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

From what adams said in the GW interview i think we can say safely that the opus of 10 000 Days will be tracks 2-4.

2 and 3 being the most "emotional", brooding, and powerful piece of music Tool have ever written...

Its gonna be a fuckin trip to hear that 18 minute piece followed by "The Pot"...
04-08-2006, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertUniformity

I think #5 the pot was the most commercial and tracks 3-4 are the powerful piece(s) of music.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #84
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 66

Quote:

I think #5 the pot was the most commercial and tracks 3-4 are the powerful piece(s) of music.
04-08-2006, 03:54 PM

I can't wait, this album is going to be epic.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #85
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

I can't wait, this album is going to be epic.
cadav's Avatar cadav
04-08-2006, 03:54 PM

COOL> Track lengths!!!

Now we can relate those times to sacred geometry and compile them with the song title anagrams while meditating on the XMdays universal product code. Afterwards maybe sit in the corner urinating softly on our inner thighs mumbling what we googled earlier about the lipan tribe while listening to Doom 3 / ISIS. :'-(
Old 04-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #86
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4

COOL> Track lengths!!!

Now we can relate those times to sacred geometry and compile them with the song title anagrams while meditating on the XMdays universal product code. Afterwards maybe sit in the corner urinating softly on our inner thighs mumbling what we googled earlier about the lipan tribe while listening to Doom 3 / ISIS. :'-(
Rosette feasted's Avatar Rosette feasted
04-08-2006, 03:56 PM

hey that fits! didn't Blair always say 'LK is an epic track with an amazing length of THREE FUCKING MINUTES!'

anyway, stop whining about how much you hate the track lengths. you don't have to project your dissatifaction with your penis lengths onto the track lengths.
thanks.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #87
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

hey that fits! didn't Blair always say 'LK is an epic track with an amazing length of THREE FUCKING MINUTES!'

anyway, stop whining about how much you hate the track lengths. you don't have to project your dissatifaction with your penis lengths onto the track lengths.
thanks.
delysid
04-08-2006, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
So the big opus "LK" Blair kept talking about was renamed to Wings for Marie and divided into 2 parts, and Lost Keys just coincidentally has the same initials....interesting...

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but music is not Blair's area of specialty.

I can honestly see him going in, listening to a rehearsal, hearing the songs, and thinking that the badass song he keeps talking about is "LK" when actually it is one of their other songs and Blair is just a dumbass and couldn't remember. Like I said, music is not the dude's thing and he probably doesn't really care about it the way we all do. Just seems like that to me for some reason. To him, its not really that important for him to remember.

I don't know, I'm high and tired....
Old 04-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #88
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
So the big opus "LK" Blair kept talking about was renamed to Wings for Marie and divided into 2 parts, and Lost Keys just coincidentally has the same initials....interesting...

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but music is not Blair's area of specialty.

I can honestly see him going in, listening to a rehearsal, hearing the songs, and thinking that the badass song he keeps talking about is "LK" when actually it is one of their other songs and Blair is just a dumbass and couldn't remember. Like I said, music is not the dude's thing and he probably doesn't really care about it the way we all do. Just seems like that to me for some reason. To him, its not really that important for him to remember.

I don't know, I'm high and tired....
04-08-2006, 03:57 PM

cadav needs to start a thread now!!
Old 04-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #89
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 36

cadav needs to start a thread now!!
Crucify the Ego
04-08-2006, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuhaDeWolf
I think we already knew this, not exactly, but somewhat.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the only other Tool songs longer than 10,000 Days and Rosetta Stoned (11:14) Disgustipated and Third Eye?
And Third Eye (Live) and Pushit (Live)
Old 04-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #90
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuhaDeWolf
I think we already knew this, not exactly, but somewhat.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the only other Tool songs longer than 10,000 Days and Rosetta Stoned (11:14) Disgustipated and Third Eye?
And Third Eye (Live) and Pushit (Live)
04-08-2006, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Invictus

my b

but yeah you know what i meant right?
Old 04-08-2006, 03:58 PM   #91
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Quote:

my b

04-08-2006, 03:59 PM

Quote:

my b

ya i got ya.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #92
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 66

Quote:

my b

ya i got ya.
04-08-2006, 03:59 PM

Quote:

andy's review said 7-8 was all Tool rolled into one. Violent end of life. I'm interested iin hearing that.

I still think L.K is L.K/rosetta stoned and Daedalous was just wings and 10,000 days. he never refered LK as daedalous unless I missed it. as I said everyone just assumed it was that.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #93
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 17

Quote:

andy's review said 7-8 was all Tool rolled into one. Violent end of life. I'm interested iin hearing that.

I still think L.K is L.K/rosetta stoned and Daedalous was just wings and 10,000 days. he never refered LK as daedalous unless I missed it. as I said everyone just assumed it was that.
Descencia's Avatar Descencia
04-08-2006, 04:00 PM

The sacred geometry that has been used to unleash the demons that exist inside Tool's divinely proportioned music, can only now be exorcised by buying the new album and unlocking the secrets of pi.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:00 PM   #94
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

The sacred geometry that has been used to unleash the demons that exist inside Tool's divinely proportioned music, can only now be exorcised by buying the new album and unlocking the secrets of pi.
Rosette feasted's Avatar Rosette feasted
04-08-2006, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadav
COOL> Track lengths!!!

OMG!
75,48 - 52,48 = 23!!!!
Old 04-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #95
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadav
COOL> Track lengths!!!

OMG!
75,48 - 52,48 = 23!!!!
dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag
04-08-2006, 04:01 PM

see my sig
Old 04-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #96
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

see my sig
04-08-2006, 04:02 PM

For some :
Wings for Marie (PART 1)
10,000 days (WINGS PART 2)

PART 1 + PART 2 = one 17:24 song.

LK was a working title. The LK Blair was talking about is maybe Wings for Marie part I & II. Sometimes musicians have a working title for one song and end up using this title for another song.
But Blair also said that LK was between 15 and 18 minutes, he wasn't sure so it could be Lost keys/Rosetta stoned which, from what we've heard, is a same and only song divided in two parts that runs 14:58. So both ways work. Nothing to whine about.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:02 PM   #97
Level 7 - Loquacious

For some :
Wings for Marie (PART 1)
10,000 days (WINGS PART 2)

PART 1 + PART 2 = one 17:24 song.

LK was a working title. The LK Blair was talking about is maybe Wings for Marie part I & II. Sometimes musicians have a working title for one song and end up using this title for another song.
But Blair also said that LK was between 15 and 18 minutes, he wasn't sure so it could be Lost keys/Rosetta stoned which, from what we've heard, is a same and only song divided in two parts that runs 14:58. So both ways work. Nothing to whine about.
One Dark Flame's Avatar One Dark Flame
04-08-2006, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyReality
Yeah you're probaly right. :()
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
Old 04-08-2006, 04:02 PM   #98
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyReality
Yeah you're probaly right. :()
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
a788's Avatar a788
04-08-2006, 04:03 PM

i hope so
Old 04-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #99
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 2268

i hope so
NoD
04-08-2006, 04:04 PM

No LK turned into WfM (P1&2)...I remember this email http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=blair
Old 04-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #100
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1239

No LK turned into WfM (P1&2)...I remember this email http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=blair
NoD
04-08-2006, 04:09 PM

more...

Quote:
Subj: Re: Seriously, down-to-earth titles?
Date: 3/11/2006 7:58:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: [email protected]
Sent from the Internet (Details)

It's actually much stranger than that - the whole lost keys thing, but you'll still get the lengthy song in all its glory. ~ BMB

On Mar 11, 2006, at 7:53 PM, [email protected] wrote:

So, then L.K was split into 2 songs then huh? Which sucks. I was actually looking forward to a 17 min song, damn. Or unless, you didn't mean L.K was the Daedalous piece in the newsletter? Lost Keys kinda throws me and probably everyone else off. Thanks for replying though.

- Joe
Old 04-08-2006, 04:09 PM   #101
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

more...

Quote:
Subj: Re: Seriously, down-to-earth titles?
Date: 3/11/2006 7:58:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: [email protected]
Sent from the Internet (Details)

It's actually much stranger than that - the whole lost keys thing, but you'll still get the lengthy song in all its glory. ~ BMB

On Mar 11, 2006, at 7:53 PM, [email protected] wrote:

So, then L.K was split into 2 songs then huh? Which sucks. I was actually looking forward to a 17 min song, damn. Or unless, you didn't mean L.K was the Daedalous piece in the newsletter? Lost Keys kinda throws me and probably everyone else off. Thanks for replying though.

- Joe
dissonance19
04-08-2006, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD

no but see, in the other email it was confusing what he said. he never actually said daedalous was L.K back to me. So, was LK ever known as daedalous piece before that one newsletter? that will answer it all. I just find hard to believe that L.K was changed while another remains. which is why I think he meant daedalous as another song.

No one is whining about anything. No one is sure.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:11 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD

no but see, in the other email it was confusing what he said. he never actually said daedalous was L.K back to me. So, was LK ever known as daedalous piece before that one newsletter? that will answer it all. I just find hard to believe that L.K was changed while another remains. which is why I think he meant daedalous as another song.

Idiotica
04-08-2006, 04:12 PM

i'm thinking they're all just 10,000 days parts 1-11 split up so they can play bits separately on tour.

edit: they were still in the writing arranging process when blair mentioned the long songs so maybe he's a little out of date now.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:12 PM   #103
Level 7 - Loquacious

i'm thinking they're all just 10,000 days parts 1-11 split up so they can play bits separately on tour.

edit: they were still in the writing arranging process when blair mentioned the long songs so maybe he's a little out of date now.
04-08-2006, 04:12 PM

Blair almost seems to slightly imply that the band was at first not going to have both parts on the album possibly by saying 'you'll still get the lengthy song in all its glory.' Meaning that it is now.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:12 PM   #104
Level 7 - Loquacious

Blair almost seems to slightly imply that the band was at first not going to have both parts on the album possibly by saying 'you'll still get the lengthy song in all its glory.' Meaning that it is now.
NoD
04-08-2006, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonance19

was any other song known as the daedalous piece?
Old 04-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #105
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonance19

Idiotica
04-08-2006, 04:22 PM

lost daedalous (blame blair)
Old 04-08-2006, 04:22 PM   #106
Level 7 - Loquacious

lost daedalous (blame blair)
ATARI's Avatar ATARI
04-08-2006, 04:23 PM

I look forward to the power ballad of Lost Keys myself
Old 04-08-2006, 04:23 PM   #107
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 297

I look forward to the power ballad of Lost Keys myself
04-08-2006, 04:24 PM

I bet the only reason tool employs blair is cuz he's always too wasted to remember anything to leak....he's like a drunk that rambles on at a bar and even though he might have something relevant to say, it's just too much bullshit to sit through.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #108
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

I bet the only reason tool employs blair is cuz he's always too wasted to remember anything to leak....he's like a drunk that rambles on at a bar and even though he might have something relevant to say, it's just too much bullshit to sit through.
dissonance19
04-08-2006, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD

well, he usually refered to L.K as L.K so it just makes me think wings and 10,000 days is daedalous and not what he said was proclaimed to be his favorite tool song which turned out to be L.K./rosetta stoned. I know I could be wrong. It would be weird as I said to have L.K as a working title than have it on the cd as another name.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD

well, he usually refered to L.K as L.K so it just makes me think wings and 10,000 days is daedalous and not what he said was proclaimed to be his favorite tool song which turned out to be L.K./rosetta stoned. I know I could be wrong. It would be weird as I said to have L.K as a working title than have it on the cd as another name.
Unstuck in Time's Avatar Unstuck in Time
04-08-2006, 04:27 PM

You guys would be terrible shrinks. Really terrible.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #110

Bincount™: 7

04-08-2006, 04:28 PM

You would be pretty terrible in bed
Old 04-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #111
Level 9 - Obstreperous

04-08-2006, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstuck in Time

no, I'm usually good at helping others like that...

unless you're not talking to me haha.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstuck in Time

no, I'm usually good at helping others like that...

unless you're not talking to me haha.
Idiotica
04-08-2006, 04:32 PM

i still convinced 10000 gays is the DVD title ... wait i just heard vichariots!
Old 04-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #113
Level 7 - Loquacious

i still convinced 10000 gays is the DVD title ... wait i just heard vichariots!
04-08-2006, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATARI
I wouldn't be in bed at all.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATARI
I wouldn't be in bed at all.
04-08-2006, 04:33 PM

vichariots of fire
Old 04-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #115
Level 9 - Obstreperous

vichariots of fire
04-08-2006, 04:44 PM

i think u r on to something!
Old 04-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #116
Level 7 - Loquacious

i think u r on to something!
04-08-2006, 04:46 PM

Vai-Chariots would be an army of Steve Vai clones atop chariots playing a million solos over Lost Horizon songs.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #117
Level 7 - Loquacious

Vai-Chariots would be an army of Steve Vai clones atop chariots playing a million solos over Lost Horizon songs.
Fap's Avatar Fap
04-08-2006, 04:46 PM

I don't see the problem with the track lengths.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #118
Fap

Bincount™: 23

04-08-2006, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descencia
One name - Mike Varney.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descencia
One name - Mike Varney.
04-08-2006, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fap
the last track isn't an epic or something bullshit like that
Old 04-08-2006, 04:53 PM   #120
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fap
the last track isn't an epic or something bullshit like that

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply