Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
CallofCthulhu's Avatar CallofCthulhu
03-26-2006, 06:37 PM

I'm new to the board but not new to Tool at all. I tend to stay away from message boards because they're more addicting than nicotine and crack, but after a couple weeks of reading everybody's theories and posts on the new album I felt obligated to lay down my two cents.

I personally agree with the naysayers and think that 10,000 Days is a hoax. I feel 10,000 Days, hidden meaning or not, is an awful title, and most of the song titles, hidden meaning or not, are awful as well. My band in high school had better names than "The Pot" or "Rosetta Stoned." HOWEVER, my Toolmates, regardless of the title, track names, whatever.............its new Tool. We've waited for some time and the big day is finally right around the corner. I think we should all realize that Tool couldn't care less about what the fans thought about the name or tracks. The one Tool philosophy that we all seem to overlook is that Tool plays for themselves, for us to listen to if we appreciate the music (thats what separates Tool from the rest of today's garbage). If you dont like the title then refer to it as "Tool 4" or "the new album," but it really doesn't matter what the damn title is. The music is where the album shines the most. My expectations, like all of your's, are very high for Tool 4, and I think we're all confident Tool will deliver. All in all after all this rambling.......the main message is..............Tool 4 is coming, listen to it, love it, who gives a damn about the title...........its not your album. I dont mean to knock anyone, but I get the impression that fans around here are going to despise the album simply because of the title and tracklisting. Like I said, I hated it at first, but then I realized it really doesn't matter.

Besides, May 2nd is what..........a month and two weeks away? We'll all know soon enough. Enjoy.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11
Two cents from a newcomer

I'm new to the board but not new to Tool at all. I tend to stay away from message boards because they're more addicting than nicotine and crack, but after a couple weeks of reading everybody's theories and posts on the new album I felt obligated to lay down my two cents.

I personally agree with the naysayers and think that 10,000 Days is a hoax. I feel 10,000 Days, hidden meaning or not, is an awful title, and most of the song titles, hidden meaning or not, are awful as well. My band in high school had better names than "The Pot" or "Rosetta Stoned." HOWEVER, my Toolmates, regardless of the title, track names, whatever.............its new Tool. We've waited for some time and the big day is finally right around the corner. I think we should all realize that Tool couldn't care less about what the fans thought about the name or tracks. The one Tool philosophy that we all seem to overlook is that Tool plays for themselves, for us to listen to if we appreciate the music (thats what separates Tool from the rest of today's garbage). If you dont like the title then refer to it as "Tool 4" or "the new album," but it really doesn't matter what the damn title is. The music is where the album shines the most. My expectations, like all of your's, are very high for Tool 4, and I think we're all confident Tool will deliver. All in all after all this rambling.......the main message is..............Tool 4 is coming, listen to it, love it, who gives a damn about the title...........its not your album. I dont mean to knock anyone, but I get the impression that fans around here are going to despise the album simply because of the title and tracklisting. Like I said, I hated it at first, but then I realized it really doesn't matter.

Besides, May 2nd is what..........a month and two weeks away? We'll all know soon enough. Enjoy.
OFFLINE |  
researchtriangle's Avatar researchtriangle
03-26-2006, 07:18 PM

go back to ryleh
Old 03-26-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 73
Re: Two cents from a newcomer

go back to ryleh
OFFLINE |  
Descencia's Avatar Descencia
03-26-2006, 07:22 PM

Actually it's Tool 5, or Tool 6 if you count Salival.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:22 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

OFFLINE |  
CallofCthulhu's Avatar CallofCthulhu
03-26-2006, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descencia
Good point
Old 03-26-2006, 07:31 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Good point
OFFLINE |  
One Dark Flame's Avatar One Dark Flame
03-26-2006, 07:40 PM

Quote:
It's the 4th full-length album.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
Old 03-26-2006, 07:40 PM   #5
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362

Quote:
It's the 4th full-length album.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
Descencia's Avatar Descencia
03-26-2006, 07:42 PM

It may be a long wait but it's basically guaranteed that Tool will always deliver an excellent album after the wait is over. Just reading interviews with Danny Carey you understand how passionate he is about creating unique rhythms and doing something as original as possible for the music they love to make. I don't mind if by the time they 'retire' and Tool is done as an entity that they most likely always released an excellent album and their catalogue, while shorter than a lot of lesser bands, was always quality.

I look forward to this new album just as much as albums prior because I know I won't be dissapointed since the songs are written by music lovers and that is where truly good music comes from anyways.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:42 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

It may be a long wait but it's basically guaranteed that Tool will always deliver an excellent album after the wait is over. Just reading interviews with Danny Carey you understand how passionate he is about creating unique rhythms and doing something as original as possible for the music they love to make. I don't mind if by the time they 'retire' and Tool is done as an entity that they most likely always released an excellent album and their catalogue, while shorter than a lot of lesser bands, was always quality.

I look forward to this new album just as much as albums prior because I know I won't be dissapointed since the songs are written by music lovers and that is where truly good music comes from anyways.
OFFLINE |  
Mr.Rubberburner
03-26-2006, 07:50 PM

Wings is gonna kick arse
Old 03-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 21

Wings is gonna kick arse
OFFLINE |  
dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag
03-26-2006, 07:57 PM

FUCKING POST ORIGINAL SHIT

PLZ
Old 03-26-2006, 07:57 PM   #8
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

FUCKING POST ORIGINAL SHIT

PLZ

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply