Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 54
Re: French interview

XD ahahahaha
04-13-2006, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching and mentioning
ummm.....what?
It's ridiculous how many people here have Tool derived names. I realize it's a Tool forum, but I thought there would be SOME creativity. That IS what the band is about. At least I've heard Maynard mention he would like to think what they do inspires people to be creative.

Now granted, I didn't make up my name, but it pays homage to an obscure movie I'm sure not many people here know about.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:36 PM   #163
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching and mentioning
ummm.....what?
It's ridiculous how many people here have Tool derived names. I realize it's a Tool forum, but I thought there would be SOME creativity. That IS what the band is about. At least I've heard Maynard mention he would like to think what they do inspires people to be creative.

Now granted, I didn't make up my name, but it pays homage to an obscure movie I'm sure not many people here know about.
04-13-2006, 07:42 PM

clutch it like an ćnima makes me lol every time

in a bad way.

there's another really bad one, but i forget it now.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:42 PM   #164
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

in a bad way.

04-13-2006, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfoot
Tool is a very inspiring band. They have helped me see a lot of things in life through a whole new light.

I understand what you're saying, but the creativity coming from this inspiration doesn't have to be pouring out of every aspect of a persons life. So my identification on a web forums isn't "creative" or "unique", I'm okay with that.

Maynards idea's has still been achieved, it's just that none of you will probably every see what it has inspiried me to create.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:43 PM   #165
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Tool is a very inspiring band. They have helped me see a lot of things in life through a whole new light.

I understand what you're saying, but the creativity coming from this inspiration doesn't have to be pouring out of every aspect of a persons life. So my identification on a web forums isn't "creative" or "unique", I'm okay with that.

Maynards idea's has still been achieved, it's just that none of you will probably every see what it has inspiried me to create.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Goldfoot
04-13-2006, 07:51 PM

I don't know, maybe I can't convey what I mean properly. That's probably it. It just bugs me. Look at these people who joined in April. This is how bored I am. I just skimmed and took a bunch of user names that joined in the last two weeks.

4orty6ix&2
AEnimaTOOLer
Aldaraian
BlueSecondSun
Jambi Dexter
Keith.Schism
lateral_circle
Lipan Conjured
Lipan Conjuring
Novus Opiate Seclorum
Rosetta Stoned
schism_46_2
ThePatient666
ThePAT|ENT
toolmandoug
undeniable dilemma
Vicarious Liability
Virginity Trey
Visceralus
Old 04-13-2006, 07:51 PM   #166
Level 9 - Obstreperous

I don't know, maybe I can't convey what I mean properly. That's probably it. It just bugs me. Look at these people who joined in April. This is how bored I am. I just skimmed and took a bunch of user names that joined in the last two weeks.

4orty6ix&2
AEnimaTOOLer
Aldaraian
BlueSecondSun
Jambi Dexter
Keith.Schism
lateral_circle
Lipan Conjured
Lipan Conjuring
Novus Opiate Seclorum
Rosetta Stoned
schism_46_2
ThePatient666
ThePAT|ENT
toolmandoug
undeniable dilemma
Vicarious Liability
Virginity Trey
Visceralus
04-13-2006, 07:57 PM

Jakalope pwn the shit out of APC...
Old 04-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #167
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 181

Jakalope pwn the shit out of APC...
04-13-2006, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracomordag

in a bad way.

Wear The Pot Like A Crown?
Old 04-13-2006, 08:44 PM   #168
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracomordag

in a bad way.

04-13-2006, 08:52 PM

hahahaha fuck...

hey wait.. I'm still waiting for that french article. Send it to me at once, so I can help translate it !
Old 04-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #169
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 34

hahahaha fuck...

hey wait.. I'm still waiting for that french article. Send it to me at once, so I can help translate it !
04-14-2006, 12:39 AM

Mer de Noms and Thirteenth Step are two masterpieces, in time we will all regret the disband of a A Perfect Circle. It's sad. But you cannot clone Maynard.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:39 AM   #170
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Mer de Noms and Thirteenth Step are two masterpieces, in time we will all regret the disband of a A Perfect Circle. It's sad. But you cannot clone Maynard.
dekard49
04-14-2006, 03:36 AM

Quote:
lol, classic! :)
Old 04-14-2006, 03:36 AM   #171
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
lol, classic! :)
2and46's Avatar 2and46
04-14-2006, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madklikor
Today was released a interview in a french magazine called Rock Hard. Tool is on the cover. I'm not going to translate everything, but here are a few facts :

- they didn't gave titles during the listening session, because the weren't sure about them at the time. Yet Adam mentions "lost keys" and "rosetta".
- "Lost keys" is "the introduction to "rosetta"".
- Maynard was there at the beginning of the writing process, than left before coming back. Adam says that it's better than for Lateralus (Maynard only came when all the songs were already written), but he hopes Maynard will be here all the time for the next album.
- How Adam would define Tool : "there are a lot of maths, it's heavy and you're not gonna like it."
- There is no DVD in the works. There were plans, but they prefered to make a new album. The new album and the tour are the priorities.
- They love France.
- The set for the tour will be sober, at least for the first shows.
- The album is their most personnal, it's "coming from the guts". Some usual rant about how Bush is stupid and how the album is about frustration. But Danny adds that the approach to politics in Tool is different from the one of APC, they don't want to adopt a close political discourse which would be fast outdated.
- The reviewer says that Danny is more busy than ever on the drums. Danny answers that he's not looking to play a lot of notes but wants to densify the sonic space and to dynamise the music, but that nevertheless the king in the movie Amadeus would say about his playing : "Too many notes!".
- APC is over.
- They would like to get rid of labels and to do everything by themselves, and they think artists will be able to do so soon.
- They don't take themselves seriously at all.

The rest is pretty much what we've already read.
The interviewer gives his quick impression on the album : "With a enormous bass sound, this new dynamic album mixes big grooves with cutting metal riffs and a real anger. [...] The 11 pieces of this record, 77 minutes of often oppresive music, leaves us breahtless."
The tour will be sober? What's that supposed to mean? stripped down? Or was that a typo?
Old 04-14-2006, 06:06 AM   #172
Banned.

Bincount™: 6746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madklikor
Today was released a interview in a french magazine called Rock Hard. Tool is on the cover. I'm not going to translate everything, but here are a few facts :

- they didn't gave titles during the listening session, because the weren't sure about them at the time. Yet Adam mentions "lost keys" and "rosetta".
- "Lost keys" is "the introduction to "rosetta"".
- Maynard was there at the beginning of the writing process, than left before coming back. Adam says that it's better than for Lateralus (Maynard only came when all the songs were already written), but he hopes Maynard will be here all the time for the next album.
- How Adam would define Tool : "there are a lot of maths, it's heavy and you're not gonna like it."
- There is no DVD in the works. There were plans, but they prefered to make a new album. The new album and the tour are the priorities.
- They love France.
- The set for the tour will be sober, at least for the first shows.
- The album is their most personnal, it's "coming from the guts". Some usual rant about how Bush is stupid and how the album is about frustration. But Danny adds that the approach to politics in Tool is different from the one of APC, they don't want to adopt a close political discourse which would be fast outdated.
- The reviewer says that Danny is more busy than ever on the drums. Danny answers that he's not looking to play a lot of notes but wants to densify the sonic space and to dynamise the music, but that nevertheless the king in the movie Amadeus would say about his playing : "Too many notes!".
- APC is over.
- They would like to get rid of labels and to do everything by themselves, and they think artists will be able to do so soon.
- They don't take themselves seriously at all.

The rest is pretty much what we've already read.
The interviewer gives his quick impression on the album : "With a enormous bass sound, this new dynamic album mixes big grooves with cutting metal riffs and a real anger. [...] The 11 pieces of this record, 77 minutes of often oppresive music, leaves us breahtless."
The tour will be sober? What's that supposed to mean? stripped down? Or was that a typo?
nagrom
04-15-2006, 08:33 AM

For the ones with a Tool collection out there, the magazine can be ordered online on http://www.rockhard.fr

I purchased it the day it hit the streets here in France and that's a nice one ! (7 pages on Tool with quite a lof of pics)

Good magazine, especially if you can read french :)
Old 04-15-2006, 08:33 AM   #173
Level 1 - Lurker

For the ones with a Tool collection out there, the magazine can be ordered online on http://www.rockhard.fr

I purchased it the day it hit the streets here in France and that's a nice one ! (7 pages on Tool with quite a lof of pics)

Good magazine, especially if you can read french :)
Goldfoot
04-17-2006, 10:04 AM

No translation yet?
Old 04-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #174
Level 9 - Obstreperous

No translation yet?
04-17-2006, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitcodfry
I wonder if anyone on these boards was at that show. Wonder where it was. And how long it took Maynard to come back on stage after screwing up.
Not planning on reading the next four pages to see if anyone answered this. Cant remember where the show was, but I have the whole concert(will check later) He comes back on fairly quickly and just kind of crouces down on his platfom while the band finish of parabola. Was pretty cool to see them play without vocals.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:31 AM   #175
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I wonder if anyone on these boards was at that show. Wonder where it was. And how long it took Maynard to come back on stage after screwing up.
Not planning on reading the next four pages to see if anyone answered this. Cant remember where the show was, but I have the whole concert(will check later) He comes back on fairly quickly and just kind of crouces down on his platfom while the band finish of parabola. Was pretty cool to see them play without vocals.
bigtard
04-22-2006, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Well...maybe MJK was on something at this point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFoWz...maynard%20tool
I don't think he was very happy.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:53 PM   #176
On Probation

Quote:
Well...maybe MJK was on something at this point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFoWz...maynard%20tool
psims23
04-22-2006, 11:00 PM

I think after Maynard finished working with Tool, and seeing how well they worked together, and meshed together as one cohesive entity... he realized that it's just not going to work out with APC. I remember from previous interviews them saying there was a lot of stress during the writing/recording period and some bad blood between billy and 'nard. Good riddance, I mean APC is good... but Maynard is and always has been TOOL
Old 04-22-2006, 11:00 PM   #177
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

I think after Maynard finished working with Tool, and seeing how well they worked together, and meshed together as one cohesive entity... he realized that it's just not going to work out with APC. I remember from previous interviews them saying there was a lot of stress during the writing/recording period and some bad blood between billy and 'nard. Good riddance, I mean APC is good... but Maynard is and always has been TOOL
intoaneye's Avatar intoaneye
04-22-2006, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtard
I dont think he was very happy on this one either http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKXr40gl9_k&search=maynard
Old 04-22-2006, 11:21 PM   #178
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtard
I dont think he was very happy on this one either http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKXr40gl9_k&search=maynard
04-23-2006, 12:31 AM

yeah, a badass video :))
Old 04-23-2006, 12:31 AM   #179
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

yeah, a badass video :))

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply