Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Apr-July 2007
User Name
Password
Innocent_Bystander
05-18-2007, 09:13 AM

This show was incredible, I had an amazing fucking view from the stands, I had no idea reserved seating would be so close! The sound was loud, louder than any concert I've ever been to. Every song was amazing though, even if Maynard was a little drowned out it the guitar. Right in Two and 10000 Days were amazing. This was the 2nd time I've seen Tool live, with the first being last year at Coors Amphitheatre. The only thing is I wish the bitch behind me would have shut the fuck up, because she was screaming (screeching really) throughout the entire show right in my ear.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:13 AM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/09 - Colorado Springs, CO - World Arena

This show was incredible, I had an amazing fucking view from the stands, I had no idea reserved seating would be so close! The sound was loud, louder than any concert I've ever been to. Every song was amazing though, even if Maynard was a little drowned out it the guitar. Right in Two and 10000 Days were amazing. This was the 2nd time I've seen Tool live, with the first being last year at Coors Amphitheatre. The only thing is I wish the bitch behind me would have shut the fuck up, because she was screaming (screeching really) throughout the entire show right in my ear.
OFFLINE |  
esp4ever
05-19-2007, 09:07 PM

The show was awesome. It was one of the best live shows I've ever been to and better than their previous two shows in Denver. The one thing that pissed me off was how extremely conservative (not politically) the people working there were. There were so many rules and I've never seen anything like it in my life. It felt like the whole city didn't want the band or any of their fans there. I just thought that they were trying to control everyone too much by imposing these stupid rules to show their so called "moral" views.

Other than that it was pretty awesome and pretty much every rule was broken and every ear was ringing by the end of it. Jambi turned out to be a good opener and Wings 1 and 2 rocked. My favorite was Lateralus and the whole band seemed to be right on the entire show. The guitar was overpowering the vocals a little but Tool has always viewed the vocals as another instrument and mixed them in the back rather than in the front like most bands. In a sense I thought it sounded awesome and it was nice to hear the drums, bass, and guitars up front. At a concert like that most of the fans know all the lyrics anyways but I thought Maynard was right on as well and his voice sounded good and I could hear him just fine.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:07 PM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

The show was awesome. It was one of the best live shows I've ever been to and better than their previous two shows in Denver. The one thing that pissed me off was how extremely conservative (not politically) the people working there were. There were so many rules and I've never seen anything like it in my life. It felt like the whole city didn't want the band or any of their fans there. I just thought that they were trying to control everyone too much by imposing these stupid rules to show their so called "moral" views.

Other than that it was pretty awesome and pretty much every rule was broken and every ear was ringing by the end of it. Jambi turned out to be a good opener and Wings 1 and 2 rocked. My favorite was Lateralus and the whole band seemed to be right on the entire show. The guitar was overpowering the vocals a little but Tool has always viewed the vocals as another instrument and mixed them in the back rather than in the front like most bands. In a sense I thought it sounded awesome and it was nice to hear the drums, bass, and guitars up front. At a concert like that most of the fans know all the lyrics anyways but I thought Maynard was right on as well and his voice sounded good and I could hear him just fine.
OFFLINE |  
FloydRose25's Avatar FloydRose25
05-21-2007, 07:04 AM

awesome show. setlist was ok, pretty average. wings pt 1 and 2 were the best songs, hands down! people in general admission should shut the hell up, seriously! other than that, worth the experience. great sound, loud and proud. personally, found it better than show at coors amphitheater. (maybe because i had better seats).
Old 05-21-2007, 07:04 AM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

awesome show. setlist was ok, pretty average. wings pt 1 and 2 were the best songs, hands down! people in general admission should shut the hell up, seriously! other than that, worth the experience. great sound, loud and proud. personally, found it better than show at coors amphitheater. (maybe because i had better seats).
05-31-2007, 04:12 PM

awesome show, i was right by the sound booth and it sounded decent, immensely better than that sorry excuse of a concert at fiddlers/coors.

i purposely didn't check the setlist beforehand and was very pleasantly surprised by wings/10000 days, but i really wouldn't include intension on the setlist, they had maybe a minute or so intro to right in two but they didn't play intension.

managed to avoid most of the mosh mooks, although the dude by the soundboard that passed out was kind of disturbing, but i've seen enough OD's at raves that it didn't phase me too bad.

and like all tool shows, i felt like the only guy who wasn't wearing a tool shirt. hasn't anyone ever seen the movie PCU??? don't be that guy.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:12 PM   #44
Level 4 - Thinker

awesome show, i was right by the sound booth and it sounded decent, immensely better than that sorry excuse of a concert at fiddlers/coors.

i purposely didn't check the setlist beforehand and was very pleasantly surprised by wings/10000 days, but i really wouldn't include intension on the setlist, they had maybe a minute or so intro to right in two but they didn't play intension.

managed to avoid most of the mosh mooks, although the dude by the soundboard that passed out was kind of disturbing, but i've seen enough OD's at raves that it didn't phase me too bad.

and like all tool shows, i felt like the only guy who wasn't wearing a tool shirt. hasn't anyone ever seen the movie PCU??? don't be that guy.
OFFLINE |  
anarcho-commie's Avatar anarcho-commie
06-01-2007, 04:18 PM

Alright, I decided I'm gonna post a thourough review.

Kinski was ok for the most part. I enjoyed Isis a lot more though back in September.

Jambi kicked off the show. Not a good opener in my opinion. They should go back to opening with Stinkfist. I love the visuals for Jambi though.

Stinkfist was as always amazing. At this point I expected the crowd to get a little more intimate, but it seemed like the audience was full of squares that night.

Forty Six and Two was alright. Kinda bored of hearing this one. They should replace it with another song. The sound was kinda crappy up until this point. I think after this song the sound crew started to get it right.

Schism was the shit. I fucking love the double time. I think that little bit is the most æntheogenic sound of Tool ever. Especially live. I fucking love how the visuals start to speed up too.

I'm glad they played Lost Keys. It brought me back to my first Tool show, at the Buell, when they opened with it. Rosetta Stoned was the shit live. I love that Maynard sounds so different doing it it live than on the album. The visuals as always kicked ass for the song.

After Rosetta I was pumped, despite all the fucking idiots around me, who didn't bother standing up once during the whole show, I was lost in the fucking music. At this point I thought Tool would follow that pattern of playing Pushit every other show and was fucking ready for it (I yelled out "Pushit motherfuckers" if anyone heard). I was quite dissapointed when I heard the opening notes of Intension. But I'm fucking glad they played it. I think Right in Two is the most intense Tool song I've ever heard live. Especially after Danny's solo, it started to get fucking ætherial. I didn't head bang, I didn't sing along, I just watched in awe.

Then came the break. I loved the sea of lighters, wished I snuck mine in. The laser on the back drop making merkabas and such and the spinning UFO lights were the true fucking beginning of the show. What was to come next I could not even dream of.

Wings started and once the laser show began, I was fucking gone. I don't remember the songs, I dont remember looking at the band, I just remember the fucking room being filled with the most surrealest laser show ever. I was towards the back and one was right in front of me. I just wanted to reach out and grab it. I remember thinking, there is no way this is happening. Tool is fucking genius.

Then fucking Lateralus came on. This is one of my live favorites. I love this song through and through. The ending especially was beyond æntheogenic.

Vicarious was next. I love how the Bardobeing was dispalyed all over the screens. It went well with my realization a few days prior that the Bardobeing was Vicarious. Maynard did not sing the "vicariously I" high point of the song, and neither did the crowd, even though he fucking stuck the microphone out towards them. The laser dome created during the song was cool.

Ænema was as always the highlight of the show. I'm beyond dissapointed that it's not played live anymore. I think this song is truly the genius of Tool in a nutshell. This time Maynard didn't substitute Rupert Murdoch for L Ron Hubbard though, as he's done for the other two shows I've seen. It didn't matter. Greatest fucking song ever. I was hailing the band towards the end of the song.

All and all, the show was ace. Overall it was the best of the 3 I've seen. Aside from the shitty meathead fans, and the fact that I couldn't get my hands on acid, I had a blast. Oh, one quick complaint. The fucking people that I was forced to be there with (long story) were fucking idiots. This girl I used to work with and her brother. Her fucking brother not only didn't stand up once but also didn't applaud, even at the end of the show. And she was like "it says no moshing outside, but I'm like how can you not mosh man, it's fucking TOOL!" I shook my head like "I dunno" but on the inside I was like "GET THE FUCK OUT MY FUCKING TOOL SHOW WHORE."

Anyway, hopefully Nardo holds us up on the promise made after Lateralus; "Thank you, we'll see you soon." and comes back and plays fucking Red Rocks. Til then everyone.

Peace_the_fuck_out.

Last edited by anarcho-commie; 06-01-2007 at 04:23 PM..
Old 06-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #45
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 63

Kinski was ok for the most part. I enjoyed Isis a lot more though back in September.

Jambi kicked off the show. Not a good opener in my opinion. They should go back to opening with Stinkfist. I love the visuals for Jambi though.

Stinkfist was as always amazing. At this point I expected the crowd to get a little more intimate, but it seemed like the audience was full of squares that night.

Forty Six and Two was alright. Kinda bored of hearing this one. They should replace it with another song. The sound was kinda crappy up until this point. I think after this song the sound crew started to get it right.

Schism was the shit. I fucking love the double time. I think that little bit is the most æntheogenic sound of Tool ever. Especially live. I fucking love how the visuals start to speed up too.

I'm glad they played Lost Keys. It brought me back to my first Tool show, at the Buell, when they opened with it. Rosetta Stoned was the shit live. I love that Maynard sounds so different doing it it live than on the album. The visuals as always kicked ass for the song.

After Rosetta I was pumped, despite all the fucking idiots around me, who didn't bother standing up once during the whole show, I was lost in the fucking music. At this point I thought Tool would follow that pattern of playing Pushit every other show and was fucking ready for it (I yelled out "Pushit motherfuckers" if anyone heard). I was quite dissapointed when I heard the opening notes of Intension. But I'm fucking glad they played it. I think Right in Two is the most intense Tool song I've ever heard live. Especially after Danny's solo, it started to get fucking ætherial. I didn't head bang, I didn't sing along, I just watched in awe.

Then came the break. I loved the sea of lighters, wished I snuck mine in. The laser on the back drop making merkabas and such and the spinning UFO lights were the true fucking beginning of the show. What was to come next I could not even dream of.

Wings started and once the laser show began, I was fucking gone. I don't remember the songs, I dont remember looking at the band, I just remember the fucking room being filled with the most surrealest laser show ever. I was towards the back and one was right in front of me. I just wanted to reach out and grab it. I remember thinking, there is no way this is happening. Tool is fucking genius.

Then fucking Lateralus came on. This is one of my live favorites. I love this song through and through. The ending especially was beyond æntheogenic.

Vicarious was next. I love how the Bardobeing was dispalyed all over the screens. It went well with my realization a few days prior that the Bardobeing was Vicarious. Maynard did not sing the "vicariously I" high point of the song, and neither did the crowd, even though he fucking stuck the microphone out towards them. The laser dome created during the song was cool.

Ænema was as always the highlight of the show. I'm beyond dissapointed that it's not played live anymore. I think this song is truly the genius of Tool in a nutshell. This time Maynard didn't substitute Rupert Murdoch for L Ron Hubbard though, as he's done for the other two shows I've seen. It didn't matter. Greatest fucking song ever. I was hailing the band towards the end of the song.

All and all, the show was ace. Overall it was the best of the 3 I've seen. Aside from the shitty meathead fans, and the fact that I couldn't get my hands on acid, I had a blast. Oh, one quick complaint. The fucking people that I was forced to be there with (long story) were fucking idiots. This girl I used to work with and her brother. Her fucking brother not only didn't stand up once but also didn't applaud, even at the end of the show. And she was like "it says no moshing outside, but I'm like how can you not mosh man, it's fucking TOOL!" I shook my head like "I dunno" but on the inside I was like "GET THE FUCK OUT MY FUCKING TOOL SHOW WHORE."

Anyway, hopefully Nardo holds us up on the promise made after Lateralus; "Thank you, we'll see you soon." and comes back and plays fucking Red Rocks. Til then everyone.

Peace_the_fuck_out.

Last edited by anarcho-commie; 06-01-2007 at 04:23 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Sajadiah's Avatar Sajadiah
06-20-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourthumbs View Post
setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

same as 5/8 setlist. looking at the 'pattern' that had been established, i was really hoping for 'pushit'. got 'right in two', which still rocks. had seen them in englewood in august, so that was still new [to me]. as was 'wings for marie/10,000 days'.

my first show at the world arena. had i known that some of the reserved seating was still so close, i would have passed on floor/general admission. there were a bunch of uber-violent f*&*ers in front and to my right. my brother says a guy right behind me was taping the show. if his equipment survived.

so, um. i know i'm getting older. but is it so wrong to just wanna take in the music without wailing on people's heads? i'll admit i'm a newbie to being on the floor for a show of tool's intensity, but i had to stop myself from laughing several times. the juxtaposition of maynard singing 'right in two' about fighting and monkeys, while a couple of skinhead looking motherf*&^ers are bouncing around and knocking people over....too much.

and how the hell do you mosh thru ALL of 'wings for marie/10,000 days'?! the song starts, and a guy to my left turns to his girlfriend and says 'such a beautiful song', and they hold eachother...meanwhile the shirtless nazis to my right were laying into people and sending young ladies flying.

i wonder if they actually skipped 'pushit' for today because of all the violence in the crowd.

i'm usually into bands for dynamic vocalists. i don't play an instrument, so i can never truly appreciate all that goes into the music. not like i can sing either. but i was amazed to find myself focusing on danny, adam, and justin. maynard is just really an afterthought at this point. he shows flashes of intensity, but not as consistently as the band rocking out. i'm glad they are adding things like the 'schism' speed up and the 'lateralus' solo to shake things up a bit.

the few things maynard said, that i remember: i think right before they played jambi, something to the effect of 'somebody's smoking pot'. then right before aenema 'well, i guess that about sums it up...' he said something right after that, but i missed it.

i wonder if it pisses them off as artists that people seem to want to be awash in beer and pot before they feel they can 'experience' a tool show. like if you spent all day preparing a meal for someone, and they sat down and just doused it in salt and pepper without even trying it first.
HA HA... I was at the show in the stands right by stage left and a few rows up. The moshing was insane. It is stupid and inept. But whatever. I love tool and am too enraptured in the music to take my eyes or ears away for a single second. But then again... I'm whipped...what can I say
Old 06-20-2007, 04:27 PM   #46
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourthumbs View Post
setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

same as 5/8 setlist. looking at the 'pattern' that had been established, i was really hoping for 'pushit'. got 'right in two', which still rocks. had seen them in englewood in august, so that was still new [to me]. as was 'wings for marie/10,000 days'.

my first show at the world arena. had i known that some of the reserved seating was still so close, i would have passed on floor/general admission. there were a bunch of uber-violent f*&*ers in front and to my right. my brother says a guy right behind me was taping the show. if his equipment survived.

so, um. i know i'm getting older. but is it so wrong to just wanna take in the music without wailing on people's heads? i'll admit i'm a newbie to being on the floor for a show of tool's intensity, but i had to stop myself from laughing several times. the juxtaposition of maynard singing 'right in two' about fighting and monkeys, while a couple of skinhead looking motherf*&^ers are bouncing around and knocking people over....too much.

and how the hell do you mosh thru ALL of 'wings for marie/10,000 days'?! the song starts, and a guy to my left turns to his girlfriend and says 'such a beautiful song', and they hold eachother...meanwhile the shirtless nazis to my right were laying into people and sending young ladies flying.

i wonder if they actually skipped 'pushit' for today because of all the violence in the crowd.

i'm usually into bands for dynamic vocalists. i don't play an instrument, so i can never truly appreciate all that goes into the music. not like i can sing either. but i was amazed to find myself focusing on danny, adam, and justin. maynard is just really an afterthought at this point. he shows flashes of intensity, but not as consistently as the band rocking out. i'm glad they are adding things like the 'schism' speed up and the 'lateralus' solo to shake things up a bit.

the few things maynard said, that i remember: i think right before they played jambi, something to the effect of 'somebody's smoking pot'. then right before aenema 'well, i guess that about sums it up...' he said something right after that, but i missed it.

i wonder if it pisses them off as artists that people seem to want to be awash in beer and pot before they feel they can 'experience' a tool show. like if you spent all day preparing a meal for someone, and they sat down and just doused it in salt and pepper without even trying it first.
HA HA... I was at the show in the stands right by stage left and a few rows up. The moshing was insane. It is stupid and inept. But whatever. I love tool and am too enraptured in the music to take my eyes or ears away for a single second. But then again... I'm whipped...what can I say
OFFLINE |  
06-20-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baa View Post
Thanks for the pics guys, wanted to show mine off but I saved 'em to my phone (wasn't thinking about this) and they ended up like 64x64 or something, coupled with the fact that they can't be emailed once they're saved to it as wallpaper pictures.

By the way, did anyone else think Prison Sex was coming on when they had that creaking sound going before Lateralus? That would've been awesome.
YES!!! I was excited for a second... but I wasn't let down. Just different material. I loved this show. It definately made the top 2. Anyone remember the show back in like 96 at the Mammoth (Fillmore now)... damn... nothing tops that one
Old 06-20-2007, 04:34 PM   #47
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baa View Post
Thanks for the pics guys, wanted to show mine off but I saved 'em to my phone (wasn't thinking about this) and they ended up like 64x64 or something, coupled with the fact that they can't be emailed once they're saved to it as wallpaper pictures.

By the way, did anyone else think Prison Sex was coming on when they had that creaking sound going before Lateralus? That would've been awesome.
YES!!! I was excited for a second... but I wasn't let down. Just different material. I loved this show. It definately made the top 2. Anyone remember the show back in like 96 at the Mammoth (Fillmore now)... damn... nothing tops that one
OFFLINE |  
06-20-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie View Post

Peace_the_fuck_out.

*drools* RED ROCKS AGAIN... I could start a whole nother thread on the Red Rocks show. Pushit was an etheral experience for me there. I thought it was awesome to catch it on the live release they did later. It was good for the memories, but I don't think i could ever be that spiritually enraptured again...
Old 06-20-2007, 04:44 PM   #48
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie View Post

Peace_the_fuck_out.

*drools* RED ROCKS AGAIN... I could start a whole nother thread on the Red Rocks show. Pushit was an etheral experience for me there. I thought it was awesome to catch it on the live release they did later. It was good for the memories, but I don't think i could ever be that spiritually enraptured again...
OFFLINE |  
Carpe Noctem's Avatar Carpe Noctem
06-29-2007, 12:23 PM

sry for postin so late but regardless a PHENOMENAL show!!! This was my first Tool concert and my first concert in general so i found myself extremely lucky to have floor tickets to freakin TOOL! I was on the floor kinda in the center probably about 20 ft. from the front. and what an amazing view. Adam Jones the whole night was just expressionless he never moved the whole night he was just rockin out, it was badass. very very grateful for Right In Two and Wings pt.1&2 but my favorites of the night were probably Lateralus and 46 & 2. The pause during Lateralus was so sick. And to everyone who was raggin on the people on the floor, the concert was amazing on the floor the sound was great and compared to the Aenema and Vicarious mosh the Wings mosh not bad at all. it was actually very mellow during those to songs. I definitly recomend gettin floor tickets if at all possible it makes the whole concert experience that much better.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:23 PM   #49
Level 1 - Lurker

sry for postin so late but regardless a PHENOMENAL show!!! This was my first Tool concert and my first concert in general so i found myself extremely lucky to have floor tickets to freakin TOOL! I was on the floor kinda in the center probably about 20 ft. from the front. and what an amazing view. Adam Jones the whole night was just expressionless he never moved the whole night he was just rockin out, it was badass. very very grateful for Right In Two and Wings pt.1&2 but my favorites of the night were probably Lateralus and 46 & 2. The pause during Lateralus was so sick. And to everyone who was raggin on the people on the floor, the concert was amazing on the floor the sound was great and compared to the Aenema and Vicarious mosh the Wings mosh not bad at all. it was actually very mellow during those to songs. I definitly recomend gettin floor tickets if at all possible it makes the whole concert experience that much better.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply