46&2
Schism (Extended)
Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned
Flood!
Wings for Marie / 10,000 Days
Lateralus (Danny solo jam)
Vicarious
DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-07-2007 at 08:10 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/07/03 - Detroit, MI - DTE Amphitheater

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46&2
Schism (Extended)
Flood!
Vicarious
DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-07-2007 at 08:10 PM..
OFFLINE |  
][ncognito
07-03-2007, 09:41 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46&2
Schism (Extended)
Flood!
Vicarious

Simply incredible show. I was sitting in row D. I was way up in the back when they were last here at the Palace. This time around I was literally standing about 12 feet away from Adam.

From where I was standing Maynard was a little low in the mix, but I was expecting that somewhat given how close I was to the stage.

The crowd was incredible at this show. Soon as Tool hit the stage, everyone stood up and stayed that way the whole show. I don't think I saw a single camera flash during Wings/10,000. Maynard didn't even give his "please (x5+) no flash photography" speech. They just went right into.

The band was incredible as well. They were really into the show, and Maynard seemed downright chatty compared to many revews of shows this tour.

"How ya doin Northern Ohio"
*boos*
"Just kidding. How ya doin Michigan"

"Are you ready to get your socks wet?"
*cheers*
"That's assuming you're waring them of course"

Justin and Danny came out in Pistons jerseys.

Later on, Maynard put on the jersey Justin had been wearing (i think), which was extra long to begin with. It looked like a dress on Maynard. :p. Maynard then says "Damn you guys are tall... I think you may need to have your thyroid checked" HAHAHA! Gotta love it! :D

He said before Vicarious that it was a pleasure playing for us. Said how it was a great crowd, everyone was having a good time, and fun stuff. I don't remember his exact words, as I wasn't expecting to have to remember more than a quip or two at most. He said he'd see us in the "great city of Grand Rapids."

I was unaware of the extended versions of Stinkfist/Schism last show, so knowing about them made it so much more enjoyable this time.

Based on the previous few shows, I was expecting, and a little bit hoping for Pushit, but getting Flood was just as good.

I have a new appreciation for Rosetta Stoned. I loved the song to begin with, but hearing Danny play during the breakdown, and the 3 guys all playing in different time signatures at the end of the song live, that's gotta take a ton of concentration to get that right. Excellent job of it.

People were a little noisy at the beginning of Wings, but everyone seemed to settle down and really feel the mood of the song.

Dannys jam during Lateralus was awesome. During the jam, a roadie brought out what appeared to be a beer to Justin, who laughed and chugged it down while watching Danny.

And thanks to the girl flashing everyone in the parking lot. It was a nice cherry to top of the evening.

I almost didn't go to this show, due to nobody else wanting to go or having money to go. I ended up buying myself a ticket and damn am I glad I did. Such a great show. DTE has expensive tickets, but it's a really nice venue.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/03 - Detroit, MI - DTE Amphitheater

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46&2
Schism (Extended)
Flood!
Vicarious

Simply incredible show. I was sitting in row D. I was way up in the back when they were last here at the Palace. This time around I was literally standing about 12 feet away from Adam.

From where I was standing Maynard was a little low in the mix, but I was expecting that somewhat given how close I was to the stage.

The crowd was incredible at this show. Soon as Tool hit the stage, everyone stood up and stayed that way the whole show. I don't think I saw a single camera flash during Wings/10,000. Maynard didn't even give his "please (x5+) no flash photography" speech. They just went right into.

The band was incredible as well. They were really into the show, and Maynard seemed downright chatty compared to many revews of shows this tour.

"How ya doin Northern Ohio"
*boos*
"Just kidding. How ya doin Michigan"

"Are you ready to get your socks wet?"
*cheers*
"That's assuming you're waring them of course"

Justin and Danny came out in Pistons jerseys.

Later on, Maynard put on the jersey Justin had been wearing (i think), which was extra long to begin with. It looked like a dress on Maynard. :p. Maynard then says "Damn you guys are tall... I think you may need to have your thyroid checked" HAHAHA! Gotta love it! :D

He said before Vicarious that it was a pleasure playing for us. Said how it was a great crowd, everyone was having a good time, and fun stuff. I don't remember his exact words, as I wasn't expecting to have to remember more than a quip or two at most. He said he'd see us in the "great city of Grand Rapids."

I was unaware of the extended versions of Stinkfist/Schism last show, so knowing about them made it so much more enjoyable this time.

Based on the previous few shows, I was expecting, and a little bit hoping for Pushit, but getting Flood was just as good.

I have a new appreciation for Rosetta Stoned. I loved the song to begin with, but hearing Danny play during the breakdown, and the 3 guys all playing in different time signatures at the end of the song live, that's gotta take a ton of concentration to get that right. Excellent job of it.

People were a little noisy at the beginning of Wings, but everyone seemed to settle down and really feel the mood of the song.

Dannys jam during Lateralus was awesome. During the jam, a roadie brought out what appeared to be a beer to Justin, who laughed and chugged it down while watching Danny.

And thanks to the girl flashing everyone in the parking lot. It was a nice cherry to top of the evening.

I almost didn't go to this show, due to nobody else wanting to go or having money to go. I ended up buying myself a ticket and damn am I glad I did. Such a great show. DTE has expensive tickets, but it's a really nice venue.
OFFLINE |  
mixgrafix
07-03-2007, 10:47 PM

Well here it goes..... TOOL shows are all about karma for me. This was show 66 for me.

I got into a show at the state theatre in Detroit in 1996, and I did not have a ticket. I thought that I would get a ticket at Will call, and it turns out that I knew the ticket girl/ intern... went to high school with her, and she got me a freebee floor GA ticket, and it was amazing.

Well today the karma came round to me. I had my TOOL army ticket that I bought because a friend had never seen them, and I bought it as a late birthday present. Turn out that he was going to New York for the week, so I was stuck with the ticket. It was at will call, and I had to pick it up at 6:00pm. Myself and my fiance had great tickets Orchestra Pit seats 22 and 23 row ddd (third row from stage). WE WERE PSYCHED!

We were TOOL-gaiting in the parking lot, and a guy named Jeremy parked next to us. Seemed like a pretty cool guy. He came up to me, and asked if we had an extra ticket for sale, and I said yes, and I was selling it for face value $77.00. He was alone and down on his luck, and only had 40 dollars to spend on a lawn seat that they still had available. I told him that I had a ticket, and I wanted to sell it, and from all the people here that get presale, they usually are not much to brag about. I got the Golden Ticket! Orch Pit Row BBB seat four. FRONT ROW IN FRONT OF JUSTIN. I sold it to him for forty bucks. Thirty seven dollars less than I paid for it. Nothing was going right for him. He needed a pick me up for his life. He is the luckiest man on the planet. From lawn seat to front row for forty dollars. I figured it is good karma.

The show was one of the best I have ever seen. Of all the 66 shows I have been to, this had the best vibe to it. At the end, Adam was elated and smiling before the hug, Justin had a permasmile, and Maynard was not hurried when leaving the stage. Crowd was totally into it, and you could tell that the band felt the vibe as well. Danny did his traditional stick toss and drum head throw, and it was like a shark feeding frenzy to get to them.

There was a father and son sitting next us, the father in his mid-thirties, and the son who was eight years old. His name was Joseph. He was all about 3'6", and had to stand on the seat to see. What love that father had for his son to share such a magical experience for the second time. I wish my father had that love for me. It was a true revelation of how a father and son had a true emotional bond sharing an experience. You could see the happiness in the fathers face as his son played air guitar song after song. I wish I had a son or daughter to share this experience with. (tear).

At 10:47, right as 10,000 days was ending, I felt my phone vibrating, and it was my father. I knew why he was calling. He was calling to tell me that his mother, Anne had passed away. Kind of a strange coincidence.

The highlight of the show was the ENTIRE SHOW. Perfection was attained, and it was the TOOL show at DTE on 7/3/07.

Can Van Andel top this?

Peace Out

Mix

Last edited by mixgrafix; 07-04-2007 at 07:03 AM..
Old 07-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Well here it goes..... TOOL shows are all about karma for me. This was show 66 for me.

I got into a show at the state theatre in Detroit in 1996, and I did not have a ticket. I thought that I would get a ticket at Will call, and it turns out that I knew the ticket girl/ intern... went to high school with her, and she got me a freebee floor GA ticket, and it was amazing.

Well today the karma came round to me. I had my TOOL army ticket that I bought because a friend had never seen them, and I bought it as a late birthday present. Turn out that he was going to New York for the week, so I was stuck with the ticket. It was at will call, and I had to pick it up at 6:00pm. Myself and my fiance had great tickets Orchestra Pit seats 22 and 23 row ddd (third row from stage). WE WERE PSYCHED!

We were TOOL-gaiting in the parking lot, and a guy named Jeremy parked next to us. Seemed like a pretty cool guy. He came up to me, and asked if we had an extra ticket for sale, and I said yes, and I was selling it for face value $77.00. He was alone and down on his luck, and only had 40 dollars to spend on a lawn seat that they still had available. I told him that I had a ticket, and I wanted to sell it, and from all the people here that get presale, they usually are not much to brag about. I got the Golden Ticket! Orch Pit Row BBB seat four. FRONT ROW IN FRONT OF JUSTIN. I sold it to him for forty bucks. Thirty seven dollars less than I paid for it. Nothing was going right for him. He needed a pick me up for his life. He is the luckiest man on the planet. From lawn seat to front row for forty dollars. I figured it is good karma.

The show was one of the best I have ever seen. Of all the 66 shows I have been to, this had the best vibe to it. At the end, Adam was elated and smiling before the hug, Justin had a permasmile, and Maynard was not hurried when leaving the stage. Crowd was totally into it, and you could tell that the band felt the vibe as well. Danny did his traditional stick toss and drum head throw, and it was like a shark feeding frenzy to get to them.

There was a father and son sitting next us, the father in his mid-thirties, and the son who was eight years old. His name was Joseph. He was all about 3'6", and had to stand on the seat to see. What love that father had for his son to share such a magical experience for the second time. I wish my father had that love for me. It was a true revelation of how a father and son had a true emotional bond sharing an experience. You could see the happiness in the fathers face as his son played air guitar song after song. I wish I had a son or daughter to share this experience with. (tear).

At 10:47, right as 10,000 days was ending, I felt my phone vibrating, and it was my father. I knew why he was calling. He was calling to tell me that his mother, Anne had passed away. Kind of a strange coincidence.

The highlight of the show was the ENTIRE SHOW. Perfection was attained, and it was the TOOL show at DTE on 7/3/07.

Can Van Andel top this?

Peace Out

Mix

Last edited by mixgrafix; 07-04-2007 at 07:03 AM..
OFFLINE |  
APT's Avatar APT
07-03-2007, 10:49 PM

Lateralus hands down was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I never expected that ultra-extended Danny solo right in the middle. That was way over the top but in the best way possible.
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
-Vince Lombardi
Old 07-03-2007, 10:49 PM   #4
APT
Jörmungandr

Bincount™: 929

Lateralus hands down was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I never expected that ultra-extended Danny solo right in the middle. That was way over the top but in the best way possible.
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
-Vince Lombardi
OFFLINE |  
DarcLyte's Avatar DarcLyte
07-04-2007, 05:32 AM

I had a great seat, about halfway up the pavilion on the aisle. Awesome performance. It goes to show the level of knowledge of the fans that a band can play so many "slow" songs in a row and nobody checks out. Everyone was still into the vibe of the show. I've been to many concerts where a band will play 2 or 3 "slower" songs in a row, and by the end people have left for food or bathroom, are chatty, are yelling out the names of "hits," or are just restless. None of that last night. One thing I missed, I think Maynard said the Piston jerseys were gifts, but I didn't catch who from. Anyone hear what he said? I was shocked to see Danny wearing his, the last time he got "booed" when he took the stage in a Laker's jersey. His solo was incredible. Great night, and I only wish I could have made it happen to see them in GR at Van Andel. Ahh well, the memories will last until the next time I see them.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:32 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

I had a great seat, about halfway up the pavilion on the aisle. Awesome performance. It goes to show the level of knowledge of the fans that a band can play so many "slow" songs in a row and nobody checks out. Everyone was still into the vibe of the show. I've been to many concerts where a band will play 2 or 3 "slower" songs in a row, and by the end people have left for food or bathroom, are chatty, are yelling out the names of "hits," or are just restless. None of that last night. One thing I missed, I think Maynard said the Piston jerseys were gifts, but I didn't catch who from. Anyone hear what he said? I was shocked to see Danny wearing his, the last time he got "booed" when he took the stage in a Laker's jersey. His solo was incredible. Great night, and I only wish I could have made it happen to see them in GR at Van Andel. Ahh well, the memories will last until the next time I see them.
OFFLINE |  
Antcrusher's Avatar Antcrusher
07-04-2007, 06:56 AM

Overall a great show, but I felt at times like Maynard wasn't really singing. It seemed so bass-heavy, and I couldn't hear him at all through most of the show. I was in the pavilion, center, row x.

Danny is amazing. 10,000 Days blew my mind, as well as the solo in Lateralus. The beginning of the show seemed much slower than the end, but it was still great. The last hour of the concert was crazy.

It was a great show, and I was surprised by the crowd. The last few times I've seen them in Detroit, the crowd has really disappointed me. I guess I just felt like they weren't being loud enough. I thought the crowd was great last night.

Thanks Tool, thanks fans, and until next time..... :)
Old 07-04-2007, 06:56 AM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Overall a great show, but I felt at times like Maynard wasn't really singing. It seemed so bass-heavy, and I couldn't hear him at all through most of the show. I was in the pavilion, center, row x.

Danny is amazing. 10,000 Days blew my mind, as well as the solo in Lateralus. The beginning of the show seemed much slower than the end, but it was still great. The last hour of the concert was crazy.

It was a great show, and I was surprised by the crowd. The last few times I've seen them in Detroit, the crowd has really disappointed me. I guess I just felt like they weren't being loud enough. I thought the crowd was great last night.

Thanks Tool, thanks fans, and until next time..... :)
07-04-2007, 07:34 AM

First Tool concert, was fucking amazing!

Highlights were wings/10,000 days, lateralus and flood.

wings/10000days live was great, not only hearing it, but seeing the lasers. The lasers were unbelieveable.

I've always liked lateralus, but hearing it live just put it on a new level. Then Danny went into his drum solo and I thought I had died and gone to heaven, it was incredible. My only problem was some idiot dancing around like he was at a rave right in front of me. He was originally sitting 5-6 seats to the left of me, but after 2 kids left he started moving closer and closer. He definitely took away some of the enjoyment from lateralus and vicarious.

Overall everything was amazing, I have a new appreciation for each song. Everyone looked to be really into the show. From where I was sitting (center, row x) it looked like danny had a huge ass grin on his face early in the performance, and justin was going crazy dancing around while playing.

Since I haven't been to any other tool concerts I can't really compare the crowds, but they seemed pretty loud, and seemed to be really into it.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:34 AM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

First Tool concert, was fucking amazing!

Highlights were wings/10,000 days, lateralus and flood.

wings/10000days live was great, not only hearing it, but seeing the lasers. The lasers were unbelieveable.

I've always liked lateralus, but hearing it live just put it on a new level. Then Danny went into his drum solo and I thought I had died and gone to heaven, it was incredible. My only problem was some idiot dancing around like he was at a rave right in front of me. He was originally sitting 5-6 seats to the left of me, but after 2 kids left he started moving closer and closer. He definitely took away some of the enjoyment from lateralus and vicarious.

Overall everything was amazing, I have a new appreciation for each song. Everyone looked to be really into the show. From where I was sitting (center, row x) it looked like danny had a huge ass grin on his face early in the performance, and justin was going crazy dancing around while playing.

Since I haven't been to any other tool concerts I can't really compare the crowds, but they seemed pretty loud, and seemed to be really into it.
OFFLINE |  
tomisatool's Avatar tomisatool
07-04-2007, 07:50 AM

Before I start with the bad, I'm letting everyone know about the good:
The Band: Me and my friend saw Justin riding his bike around the the parking lot (weaving through fans that were completely oblivious to who he was haha) so we followed his trail to take a look. He and his (girlfriend, wife?) were riding bikes together up and down pine knob. He came out of the gates and rode around me and my friend, we were so nervous we didn't even wave.
I was pretty disappointed in my being a pussy, but I let it go.
Once we got in, we went got a bite to eat for my friend, and took our seats, where we did not leave until the end of the show.

Seats: Row G right side seats 15 and 16 (7 rows from stage, incredible, perfect view of Justin, Danny, and Maynard. I had to kind of crane my neck to see Adam.)

Big Business:
Was NOT anything special, however, compared to ISIS and what I heard of Melt Banana, they were decent. Their drummer was incredible. During their set, Justin remembered seeing me and waved at me until I waved back, I thought that was awesome haha.

SETLIST:

Jambi: This song was a crazy opener. It was unbelievable live. I remember seeing Justin and Danny walk out, in Pistons jerseys, and everyone going nuts. Jambi hits hard, and rattles your bones like nothing else. This song was a pump up and excellent opener.

Stinkfist: Always incredible live. Its like a completely new experience every time I hear it. The amazing sound that comes out of Danny's kit is awe inspiring. The solo was amazing too. Definitely one of the best songs of the night. Maynard's scream almost had me crying.

Forty Six & 2: This song will never get old to me. Danny and Justin have such an amazing talent and connect so well with each other that the base line and drumming during was spot on. I hope they continue to play this song through all their concerts.

Schism: With everyone calling this song, warn out and hard to hear any more, I have to say that I am still in love with it. This song did nothing but help me get more into the concert. Watching Adam and Justin set up the double time, and seeing Danny play it! Just incredible. Plus "The squaring up between..." that line gave me shivers.

Lost Keys: Watching Justin play with the droning base was fun. He was experimenting on stage in front of everyone.

Rosetta Stoned: I am in love with this song. I never really knew how much fun this song is in concert. I'd heard it in the Palace and The Fox but I guess I never really got the full effect. The break downs were awesome. And Maynard's vocals were awesome.

FLOOD: Oh my god. Best song of the night. Right when I heard the baseline I started screaming and jumping. The guitar riff hits so hard, and you hear the first snare hit leading into the main riff and you just get chills. Anyone complaining about Maynard's voice going is totally wrong. He was singing so high all night. You need to hear this song live!

Wings For Marie: This song was incredible. People took their sweet time shutting the fuck up, but when they did, everything sounded sweet. I almost came to tears at the beginning of the heavy part of this song.

10,000 Days: I love this song. However, I don't have a review for it. I only got to watch the beginning. Reason for this posted in the complaints.

Lateralus: Wow, just wow. I can't believe this song. Just amazing. Absolutely unbelievable. Danny's drum solo was awesome. The breakdown literally had me crying and jumping.

Vicarious: Still a great song, however this concert should have ended with Lateralus. Maynard had a lot of fun during this song, and Justin really was moving around, banging his head. A good finale, but nothing compared to Lateralus.

Overall: A great set and a great job by the band. Best concert of my life.

COMPLAINTS:
No one wants to have to do this, but my complaints are ALL fan related.

First: To the stupid bitch is ROW G seat 17 (yes directly to my left) who decided to ruin this concert for me. FUCK YOU! I wanted to put a whole clip into your fuckin head. This dumb bitch came so drunk that she was almost unconscious until the second before Jambi started. THE SECOND it did, she leaned over and threw up all over the floor. FUCK YOU! I swear to god if I had a gun you would be fucking dead. You ruined 10,000 Days for me, because the stench of your beer throw up made me feel sick, so I had to sit down. God dammit, I swear to god I would kill you in a heartbeat.

Second: To the idiot behind me (who's ass I should have, and could have easily kicked) who continuously yelled during the bands short jams THIS SONG SUCKS, PLAY A NEW ONE. He was also the guy screaming during Wings and 10K.

CORRECTION for COMPLAINTS 1 and 2: I would have shot the guy behind me in the head, and then finished the clip in the drunk bitch next to me.

Third: The idiot who almost threw a giant balloon on the stage. If security hadn't caught that, and Maynard walked off, your ass would have been beat.

Fourth: To the security, who frisked me. Good job. I liked it.

END COMPLAINTS

On a better note. Every other fan in that building was cool as hell.

The band played a stellar performance

And I saw some titties on my way out.

AMAZING CONCERT TOOL!

Now if only I had a shotgun...
Old 07-04-2007, 07:50 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Before I start with the bad, I'm letting everyone know about the good:
The Band: Me and my friend saw Justin riding his bike around the the parking lot (weaving through fans that were completely oblivious to who he was haha) so we followed his trail to take a look. He and his (girlfriend, wife?) were riding bikes together up and down pine knob. He came out of the gates and rode around me and my friend, we were so nervous we didn't even wave.
I was pretty disappointed in my being a pussy, but I let it go.
Once we got in, we went got a bite to eat for my friend, and took our seats, where we did not leave until the end of the show.

Seats: Row G right side seats 15 and 16 (7 rows from stage, incredible, perfect view of Justin, Danny, and Maynard. I had to kind of crane my neck to see Adam.)

Big Business:
Was NOT anything special, however, compared to ISIS and what I heard of Melt Banana, they were decent. Their drummer was incredible. During their set, Justin remembered seeing me and waved at me until I waved back, I thought that was awesome haha.

SETLIST:

Jambi: This song was a crazy opener. It was unbelievable live. I remember seeing Justin and Danny walk out, in Pistons jerseys, and everyone going nuts. Jambi hits hard, and rattles your bones like nothing else. This song was a pump up and excellent opener.

Stinkfist: Always incredible live. Its like a completely new experience every time I hear it. The amazing sound that comes out of Danny's kit is awe inspiring. The solo was amazing too. Definitely one of the best songs of the night. Maynard's scream almost had me crying.

Forty Six & 2: This song will never get old to me. Danny and Justin have such an amazing talent and connect so well with each other that the base line and drumming during was spot on. I hope they continue to play this song through all their concerts.

Schism: With everyone calling this song, warn out and hard to hear any more, I have to say that I am still in love with it. This song did nothing but help me get more into the concert. Watching Adam and Justin set up the double time, and seeing Danny play it! Just incredible. Plus "The squaring up between..." that line gave me shivers.

Lost Keys: Watching Justin play with the droning base was fun. He was experimenting on stage in front of everyone.

Rosetta Stoned: I am in love with this song. I never really knew how much fun this song is in concert. I'd heard it in the Palace and The Fox but I guess I never really got the full effect. The break downs were awesome. And Maynard's vocals were awesome.

FLOOD: Oh my god. Best song of the night. Right when I heard the baseline I started screaming and jumping. The guitar riff hits so hard, and you hear the first snare hit leading into the main riff and you just get chills. Anyone complaining about Maynard's voice going is totally wrong. He was singing so high all night. You need to hear this song live!

Wings For Marie: This song was incredible. People took their sweet time shutting the fuck up, but when they did, everything sounded sweet. I almost came to tears at the beginning of the heavy part of this song.

10,000 Days: I love this song. However, I don't have a review for it. I only got to watch the beginning. Reason for this posted in the complaints.

Lateralus: Wow, just wow. I can't believe this song. Just amazing. Absolutely unbelievable. Danny's drum solo was awesome. The breakdown literally had me crying and jumping.

Vicarious: Still a great song, however this concert should have ended with Lateralus. Maynard had a lot of fun during this song, and Justin really was moving around, banging his head. A good finale, but nothing compared to Lateralus.

Overall: A great set and a great job by the band. Best concert of my life.

COMPLAINTS:

First: To the stupid bitch is ROW G seat 17 (yes directly to my left) who decided to ruin this concert for me. FUCK YOU! I wanted to put a whole clip into your fuckin head. This dumb bitch came so drunk that she was almost unconscious until the second before Jambi started. THE SECOND it did, she leaned over and threw up all over the floor. FUCK YOU! I swear to god if I had a gun you would be fucking dead. You ruined 10,000 Days for me, because the stench of your beer throw up made me feel sick, so I had to sit down. God dammit, I swear to god I would kill you in a heartbeat.

Second: To the idiot behind me (who's ass I should have, and could have easily kicked) who continuously yelled during the bands short jams THIS SONG SUCKS, PLAY A NEW ONE. He was also the guy screaming during Wings and 10K.

CORRECTION for COMPLAINTS 1 and 2: I would have shot the guy behind me in the head, and then finished the clip in the drunk bitch next to me.

Third: The idiot who almost threw a giant balloon on the stage. If security hadn't caught that, and Maynard walked off, your ass would have been beat.

Fourth: To the security, who frisked me. Good job. I liked it.

END COMPLAINTS

On a better note. Every other fan in that building was cool as hell.

The band played a stellar performance

And I saw some titties on my way out.

AMAZING CONCERT TOOL!

Now if only I had a shotgun...
07-04-2007, 08:07 AM

Ummmm... Flood.

Show was a dream within a dream, so to speak.

Shit... I think I woke up.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

Ummmm... Flood.

Show was a dream within a dream, so to speak.

Shit... I think I woke up.
OFFLINE |  
veikley's Avatar veikley
07-04-2007, 08:16 AM

My first outside Tool show and it was great. Excellent sounding show from the middle section of the pavilion. Completely blew away the Cinci show for sound. The crowd, sound, visuals, tool....all kick ass. Couple of flash camera morons but other than that..perfect. I did see some vomit piles but luckily never had any urges to cap anyone like tomisatool...hehe. Flood was truly awesome, that intro by Justin kicks ass. I was hoping to see the awesome percussion duo for the end of Lateralis but it was all Danny.....very cool...but the Cinci show had the 2 drummer deal for the rest of the song and the crowd at DTE would've loved it since the sound was 10000x better than Cinci...oh well, my only complaint. A little fashion advice for MJK....don't where NBA jerseys...lol, god he looked like a 5 year old kid coming out to sing with that jersey hanging down to his shins....funny shit, at least he tucked it in.

I am forever sold on DTE...what a kick ass venue. Drive home to Columbus completely sucked but the show made it worth it.

Thanks for hookin me up with center tix lauralynn!

One question for you guys in Northern Ohio.....did you like it as much as me? :)

Last edited by veikley; 07-04-2007 at 12:05 PM..
Old 07-04-2007, 08:16 AM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

My first outside Tool show and it was great. Excellent sounding show from the middle section of the pavilion. Completely blew away the Cinci show for sound. The crowd, sound, visuals, tool....all kick ass. Couple of flash camera morons but other than that..perfect. I did see some vomit piles but luckily never had any urges to cap anyone like tomisatool...hehe. Flood was truly awesome, that intro by Justin kicks ass. I was hoping to see the awesome percussion duo for the end of Lateralis but it was all Danny.....very cool...but the Cinci show had the 2 drummer deal for the rest of the song and the crowd at DTE would've loved it since the sound was 10000x better than Cinci...oh well, my only complaint. A little fashion advice for MJK....don't where NBA jerseys...lol, god he looked like a 5 year old kid coming out to sing with that jersey hanging down to his shins....funny shit, at least he tucked it in.

I am forever sold on DTE...what a kick ass venue. Drive home to Columbus completely sucked but the show made it worth it.

Thanks for hookin me up with center tix lauralynn!

One question for you guys in Northern Ohio.....did you like it as much as me? :)

Last edited by veikley; 07-04-2007 at 12:05 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Psychedelic
07-04-2007, 09:21 AM

This was my 12th Tool show and the best performance I have seen yet. Everything was so on point. The light show was amazing. The interludes between songs made everything flow perfectly. I brought a few Tool virgins with me and they all agreed that it was the greatest show they have ever or will ever see.

Highlights:

Dannys Lateralus drum solo!! What the fuck?? That was the most ridiculously bad ass thing I have ever seen. WOW is pretty much all I can say. I wish I had a video of that shit.

Wings/10k powerful and beautiful

Everything else was the shit too...except for a few drunk inbred degenerates
Old 07-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

This was my 12th Tool show and the best performance I have seen yet. Everything was so on point. The light show was amazing. The interludes between songs made everything flow perfectly. I brought a few Tool virgins with me and they all agreed that it was the greatest show they have ever or will ever see.

Highlights:

Dannys Lateralus drum solo!! What the fuck?? That was the most ridiculously bad ass thing I have ever seen. WOW is pretty much all I can say. I wish I had a video of that shit.

Wings/10k powerful and beautiful

Everything else was the shit too...except for a few drunk inbred degenerates
OFFLINE |  
Eight's Avatar Eight
07-04-2007, 01:17 PM

Extraordinary concert. First one for me, and I was blown away. Everything was perfect and there really wasn't much to complain about other than a few fans here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomisatool View Post
This is one thing I have to comment on. I don't know how it was in the pavilion, but I was in the lawn toward the front and there were a lot of people that just tuned out on this song. Kind of angered me because everyone just started talking like they thought it was intermission. Then they finally clued in by the time it was over. Pretty much agree with you on the almost coming to tears part though. Really emotional song.
Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly. ~Albert Einstein
Old 07-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #12
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Extraordinary concert. First one for me, and I was blown away. Everything was perfect and there really wasn't much to complain about other than a few fans here and there.

Quote:
This is one thing I have to comment on. I don't know how it was in the pavilion, but I was in the lawn toward the front and there were a lot of people that just tuned out on this song. Kind of angered me because everyone just started talking like they thought it was intermission. Then they finally clued in by the time it was over. Pretty much agree with you on the almost coming to tears part though. Really emotional song.
Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly. ~Albert Einstein
OFFLINE |  
oldhickory's Avatar oldhickory
07-04-2007, 01:24 PM

The show was amazing, But there were a lot of general assholes in the lawn. Just shut up and watch, I wanted to punch the guy behind me taking video the whole time.

Best moment for me was 46 & 2 during the double time drum solo. I swear to god I saw a third arm stretch out of dannys chest to play that. Simply Amazing. I was really happy to see the band that into the performance. I was a little dissapointed when they didnt play right in two. I heard adam start playing H at one point in between songs. That got me pumped but then they switched it up.

Vocals were perfect except during wings and 10000 days, they turned them down lower. Its amazing how many different kinds of people come to a tool show. The drive from Columbus was well worth it.

The lasers looked much better this time around, same with the video, they synched a lot better this time.

Last edited by oldhickory; 07-04-2007 at 02:01 PM..
Old 07-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #13
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 323

The show was amazing, But there were a lot of general assholes in the lawn. Just shut up and watch, I wanted to punch the guy behind me taking video the whole time.

Best moment for me was 46 & 2 during the double time drum solo. I swear to god I saw a third arm stretch out of dannys chest to play that. Simply Amazing. I was really happy to see the band that into the performance. I was a little dissapointed when they didnt play right in two. I heard adam start playing H at one point in between songs. That got me pumped but then they switched it up.

Vocals were perfect except during wings and 10000 days, they turned them down lower. Its amazing how many different kinds of people come to a tool show. The drive from Columbus was well worth it.

The lasers looked much better this time around, same with the video, they synched a lot better this time.

Last edited by oldhickory; 07-04-2007 at 02:01 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Antcrusher's Avatar Antcrusher
07-04-2007, 04:28 PM

I thought I heard H at one point as well!

I agree that the lasers were better this tour. I saw them three times last tour, and they were much better last night than last year. Definitely a great light show.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #14
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I thought I heard H at one point as well!

I agree that the lasers were better this tour. I saw them three times last tour, and they were much better last night than last year. Definitely a great light show.
07-04-2007, 08:05 PM

best show ever!

We had great seats. row M LTC seats 1&2.
The boys really out did themselves last night and gave us all the best Tool show or any other I have ever seen.
Top 5
1. FLOOD
2. whole show
3. seats
4.I could see the sweat beading on Danny's guns.
5. Danny sporting some Piston love, not Lakers.

Negatives.
These are all personal issues.
I am a chromosome shy of being a dwarf, so when douche box #1 stands in the isle and thinks no one will notice for 2 minutes. I can't see. I get mad.

too many people under the pavilion that were there because it was a fluke or date night make me nuts. There was a guy eating a pizza in front of me during Wings. That's ok, every one needs to eat. But my god that's right up there with getting a rim job at Grandma Betsy's funeral. I couldn't believe it!

I also like the fact that I have grown out of getting shitty drunk at concerts, don't get me wrong, momma likes to have a few. I just wait until after the show to loosen it all up. I love remembering all the special moments.

See Ya'll Tomorrow in G.R.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:05 PM   #15
Level 2 - Poster

best show ever!

We had great seats. row M LTC seats 1&2.
The boys really out did themselves last night and gave us all the best Tool show or any other I have ever seen.
Top 5
1. FLOOD
2. whole show
3. seats
4.I could see the sweat beading on Danny's guns.
5. Danny sporting some Piston love, not Lakers.

Negatives.
These are all personal issues.
I am a chromosome shy of being a dwarf, so when douche box #1 stands in the isle and thinks no one will notice for 2 minutes. I can't see. I get mad.

too many people under the pavilion that were there because it was a fluke or date night make me nuts. There was a guy eating a pizza in front of me during Wings. That's ok, every one needs to eat. But my god that's right up there with getting a rim job at Grandma Betsy's funeral. I couldn't believe it!

I also like the fact that I have grown out of getting shitty drunk at concerts, don't get me wrong, momma likes to have a few. I just wait until after the show to loosen it all up. I love remembering all the special moments.

See Ya'll Tomorrow in G.R.
OFFLINE |  
jaggermeister
07-05-2007, 05:08 AM

i thought he said something about hawaii, but i was up in the nosebleed section of the hill;. he didn't say much until the end. that made it "spatial".

i agree that too many assholes were talking during the "interludes" and more ambient numbers. the shit starts and doesn't stop until the end people; you paid 50 bucks to be here. shout at your buddy on the way home. fucker.

with that said, people were shutting the fuck up towards the end; hell, i actually quit singing at one point so i could hear the man. again, i was in the nosebleeds; by the end, you could tell the band was recognizing us, as much as we were recognizing them. i think the lasers help everybody just zone out.

going back into lateralus after the mega-badass drum solo was a tear-jerker. i'm glad he played the solo by himself. fuck those other fuckers. more dany carey please.

"It has been a pleasure"....wow. mr. cynical himself. who fucking knew? he felt that shit too? the show was amazing; pink floydian in a vegas type of way. i knew what was going to be played and still shot load after load.

we should be so lucky that they decide to continue to tour. if we keep giving each other shows like this one, they just might.

see ya tonizzle in G.Rizzle.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:08 AM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

i thought he said something about hawaii, but i was up in the nosebleed section of the hill;. he didn't say much until the end. that made it "spatial".

i agree that too many assholes were talking during the "interludes" and more ambient numbers. the shit starts and doesn't stop until the end people; you paid 50 bucks to be here. shout at your buddy on the way home. fucker.

with that said, people were shutting the fuck up towards the end; hell, i actually quit singing at one point so i could hear the man. again, i was in the nosebleeds; by the end, you could tell the band was recognizing us, as much as we were recognizing them. i think the lasers help everybody just zone out.

going back into lateralus after the mega-badass drum solo was a tear-jerker. i'm glad he played the solo by himself. fuck those other fuckers. more dany carey please.

"It has been a pleasure"....wow. mr. cynical himself. who fucking knew? he felt that shit too? the show was amazing; pink floydian in a vegas type of way. i knew what was going to be played and still shot load after load.

we should be so lucky that they decide to continue to tour. if we keep giving each other shows like this one, they just might.

see ya tonizzle in G.Rizzle.
07-05-2007, 06:08 AM

AHHHH yeah. loved the venue, except the fact that one of the mens bathroom was closed because of overflows. the line to the one bathroom was loooong. the show was almost starting so i pissed in the bushes next to the bathroom. the guitar cups for beer looked cool but it was like drinking out of the boot from beerfest.

big business was loud and i couldn't understand any of the lyrics.

jambi is a great opener in my opinion. flood was the shit!! all the water at the right times on those big screens was coolio. wanted to hear pushit but wasn't dissapointed with flood. lateralus is the greatest song ever. just wish they would end with aenima instead of vicarious. had a great time, Tool never disappoints!!!!

see ya in the great city of grand rapids!! GRR!!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:08 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

AHHHH yeah. loved the venue, except the fact that one of the mens bathroom was closed because of overflows. the line to the one bathroom was loooong. the show was almost starting so i pissed in the bushes next to the bathroom. the guitar cups for beer looked cool but it was like drinking out of the boot from beerfest.

big business was loud and i couldn't understand any of the lyrics.

jambi is a great opener in my opinion. flood was the shit!! all the water at the right times on those big screens was coolio. wanted to hear pushit but wasn't dissapointed with flood. lateralus is the greatest song ever. just wish they would end with aenima instead of vicarious. had a great time, Tool never disappoints!!!!

see ya in the great city of grand rapids!! GRR!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Rbokie24
07-05-2007, 07:35 AM

Quote:
COMPLAINTS:

I was in F seat 20 and I was gonna also kill them. jackasses.

Awesome show. As usual. My 13th and I won't repeat what everyone else already said.

Maynard's Piston's jersey did say "Keenan" on the back. Danny's said "Carey".

Thought Danny's ice pack on his right arm at the break was going to lower the drum solo -- boy was I wrong. Wonder who caught the ice pack when he threw it in the crowd?

I think Aenima is the best closer but can't complain abt Vicarious cuz it fuckin rocked.

Last edited by Rbokie24; 07-05-2007 at 11:00 AM..
Old 07-05-2007, 07:35 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
COMPLAINTS:

I was in F seat 20 and I was gonna also kill them. jackasses.

Awesome show. As usual. My 13th and I won't repeat what everyone else already said.

Maynard's Piston's jersey did say "Keenan" on the back. Danny's said "Carey".

Thought Danny's ice pack on his right arm at the break was going to lower the drum solo -- boy was I wrong. Wonder who caught the ice pack when he threw it in the crowd?

I think Aenima is the best closer but can't complain abt Vicarious cuz it fuckin rocked.

Last edited by Rbokie24; 07-05-2007 at 11:00 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Chosen People
07-05-2007, 09:39 AM

What a fucking amazing show! For being an outside venue, the sound was absolutely loud and crystal clear. I dunno if it was because me being on the lawn or what, but I think it was 10x better then the Palace.
My group was about 50ft from the pavilion between aisle 4 and 5. Right in behind ( I think) the only mosh pit. The moshing took a little away from the show for me, but different people have ways of experiencing things. I can't blame them.
Anyway, I was really hoping they played Pushit, but Flood fucking got "my socks wet."
This was my 3rd Tool concert and I was lucky enough to bring 5 close friends to their first Tool concert. They all are as big of tool fans as i am, but never had the chance to see them live. lol, one of my friends was so in awe with the lasers and the concert in gerenal, all he could say was... "The lights are coming at me, unfucking believable, unfucking believable." It just made the experience that more mind blowing.
WFm/ 10,000 days and Lateralus was by far the best part of the concert for me. Danny fucking destroyed that solo. His arms were moving so fast, he almost convinced me that he turned into an octopus.
Overall, the concert was the best thing that i have ever witness. A concert to end all concerts.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #19
Level 2 - Poster

What a fucking amazing show! For being an outside venue, the sound was absolutely loud and crystal clear. I dunno if it was because me being on the lawn or what, but I think it was 10x better then the Palace.
My group was about 50ft from the pavilion between aisle 4 and 5. Right in behind ( I think) the only mosh pit. The moshing took a little away from the show for me, but different people have ways of experiencing things. I can't blame them.
Anyway, I was really hoping they played Pushit, but Flood fucking got "my socks wet."
This was my 3rd Tool concert and I was lucky enough to bring 5 close friends to their first Tool concert. They all are as big of tool fans as i am, but never had the chance to see them live. lol, one of my friends was so in awe with the lasers and the concert in gerenal, all he could say was... "The lights are coming at me, unfucking believable, unfucking believable." It just made the experience that more mind blowing.
WFm/ 10,000 days and Lateralus was by far the best part of the concert for me. Danny fucking destroyed that solo. His arms were moving so fast, he almost convinced me that he turned into an octopus.
Overall, the concert was the best thing that i have ever witness. A concert to end all concerts.
OFFLINE |  
i_rose_i_roared
07-05-2007, 09:58 AM

I agree this concert was great for the simple fact that the band was into the crowd. With exception of Flood and Danny's crazy solo, it was pretty much the same show as the last Palace show. Trust me, I am not complaining though. Any time I get to see Tool is a gift from the gods. I was on the hill though and I wished it had been louder. I didn't get quite as drawn-in and trancey as I usually do with the sheer distance between myself and the stage.

Enjoy the GR show all you lucky bastards!!
Old 07-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

I agree this concert was great for the simple fact that the band was into the crowd. With exception of Flood and Danny's crazy solo, it was pretty much the same show as the last Palace show. Trust me, I am not complaining though. Any time I get to see Tool is a gift from the gods. I was on the hill though and I wished it had been louder. I didn't get quite as drawn-in and trancey as I usually do with the sheer distance between myself and the stage.

Enjoy the GR show all you lucky bastards!!
OFFLINE |  
supersonic2006's Avatar supersonic2006
07-05-2007, 10:11 AM

This was my first Tool show, and I have to say I was absolutely blown away.

Seats: LTC - PP - 20-25

It was great because I came with five friends and it was an absolutely amazing time.
The three hour trip from Northeast Indiana was fun too. (We had already bought our tickets for Detroit before they even announced the Ft. Wayne show.) but now I am really glad I saw them in Detroit instead of Ft. Wayne. Absolutely amazing.

From what I read of reviews of other concerts, Maynard was absolutely energetic tonight. Constantly dancing around, stomping his foot, waving his cowboy hat and just having a blast. It was great to see. Adam was his usual introverted self, and Danny and Justin just rocked out. Oh my God, Danny Carey live in person, holy shit! He was absolutely on his game tonight. Completely amazing.

The entire show was great but things really picked up once the Flood hit. Maybe it was also that all of the second-hand marijuana smoke was taking effect, but whatever it was I was in another place from there on out. Flood was right behind Lateralus for best songs of the show. Strange, because you don't think of Flood as being that kind of song, but it really is. The lasers were amazing, yes, and Wings / 10K was great. but Lateralus, wow, you just have to be there, because words can't do it justice.

Only complaints:

1) Overpowering Guitar covered up the vocals pretty bad in some places. Sometimes when I wanted to hear Maynard better I would cover my ears because it would cancel out the distortion and make him more audible.

2) Vicarious closer, yes, good song, but really Lateralus should end the show. Seemed anti-climactic (just like Viginti Tres is on the album).

Overall, great show, great crowd, most everyone was very respectful (at least under the pavillion) and you could tell that the band was having fun.

Last comment: To the guy in LTC Row QQ Seat 22, I'm sorry man. This poor guy and his friends showed up pretty drunk and then got stoned, and something didn't mix for this guy. Half-way through the show he threw up and ended up passing out, I think he missed the entire second (better) half of the show. He was a real nice guy, and was incredibly excited to see Tool for the first time and ended up having a terrible time. Really sucks.

Amazing, amazing show.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #21
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

This was my first Tool show, and I have to say I was absolutely blown away.

Seats: LTC - PP - 20-25

It was great because I came with five friends and it was an absolutely amazing time.
The three hour trip from Northeast Indiana was fun too. (We had already bought our tickets for Detroit before they even announced the Ft. Wayne show.) but now I am really glad I saw them in Detroit instead of Ft. Wayne. Absolutely amazing.

From what I read of reviews of other concerts, Maynard was absolutely energetic tonight. Constantly dancing around, stomping his foot, waving his cowboy hat and just having a blast. It was great to see. Adam was his usual introverted self, and Danny and Justin just rocked out. Oh my God, Danny Carey live in person, holy shit! He was absolutely on his game tonight. Completely amazing.

The entire show was great but things really picked up once the Flood hit. Maybe it was also that all of the second-hand marijuana smoke was taking effect, but whatever it was I was in another place from there on out. Flood was right behind Lateralus for best songs of the show. Strange, because you don't think of Flood as being that kind of song, but it really is. The lasers were amazing, yes, and Wings / 10K was great. but Lateralus, wow, you just have to be there, because words can't do it justice.

Only complaints:

1) Overpowering Guitar covered up the vocals pretty bad in some places. Sometimes when I wanted to hear Maynard better I would cover my ears because it would cancel out the distortion and make him more audible.

2) Vicarious closer, yes, good song, but really Lateralus should end the show. Seemed anti-climactic (just like Viginti Tres is on the album).

Overall, great show, great crowd, most everyone was very respectful (at least under the pavillion) and you could tell that the band was having fun.

Last comment: To the guy in LTC Row QQ Seat 22, I'm sorry man. This poor guy and his friends showed up pretty drunk and then got stoned, and something didn't mix for this guy. Half-way through the show he threw up and ended up passing out, I think he missed the entire second (better) half of the show. He was a real nice guy, and was incredibly excited to see Tool for the first time and ended up having a terrible time. Really sucks.

Amazing, amazing show.
07-05-2007, 11:44 AM

I don't understand, every post i skimmed about this show had but a bunch of good shit to say about the show. I had good seats, a good mood, and good memories of my past tool shows, but still this show fucking blew. it was hands down the worst show of theirs i've ever seen. Maybe it was just my seats, or the venue itself, but the vocals were almost non-existent. Couldn't hear a word maynard was saying or singing 95% of the time. and he seemed almost bored with the show. seemed to be just going through the motions. i think i heard him say something about the crowd being lame and us needing to get our thryoids checked, which is all well and good, no offense to his judgements, i just hope it didn't affect his performance, which i think it did. 80 bucks a ticket and i feel like i got shit on for it. can't quite piece it all together, why the show sucked so bad for me and my girlfriend. it was her first show, so she liked it enough, i just knew it wasn't as good as every show before that made me drop $160 without a second thought
respect to the others in the band, they were amazing and humbled by the whole deal, i just think maybe it's time for maynard to stop. and yes, i am aware of the blasphemy (sp) i speak, and judge as you want whatever you want about me due these words, but i really think he should either stop touring america, or find something else that excites him.
word.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:44 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

I don't understand, every post i skimmed about this show had but a bunch of good shit to say about the show. I had good seats, a good mood, and good memories of my past tool shows, but still this show fucking blew. it was hands down the worst show of theirs i've ever seen. Maybe it was just my seats, or the venue itself, but the vocals were almost non-existent. Couldn't hear a word maynard was saying or singing 95% of the time. and he seemed almost bored with the show. seemed to be just going through the motions. i think i heard him say something about the crowd being lame and us needing to get our thryoids checked, which is all well and good, no offense to his judgements, i just hope it didn't affect his performance, which i think it did. 80 bucks a ticket and i feel like i got shit on for it. can't quite piece it all together, why the show sucked so bad for me and my girlfriend. it was her first show, so she liked it enough, i just knew it wasn't as good as every show before that made me drop $160 without a second thought
respect to the others in the band, they were amazing and humbled by the whole deal, i just think maybe it's time for maynard to stop. and yes, i am aware of the blasphemy (sp) i speak, and judge as you want whatever you want about me due these words, but i really think he should either stop touring america, or find something else that excites him.
word.
OFFLINE |  
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
07-05-2007, 12:13 PM

Best show ever.
My only complaint was when the men's bathroom was out of order to the right of the stage...
I had perfect seats. Dead Ass Center. Right in front of the mixing board. The lasers kicked ass. They were shooting right over my head. Laturalus is a gift from above live. Blah blah blah, Yay!
Old 07-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #23
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

Best show ever.
My only complaint was when the men's bathroom was out of order to the right of the stage...
I had perfect seats. Dead Ass Center. Right in front of the mixing board. The lasers kicked ass. They were shooting right over my head. Laturalus is a gift from above live. Blah blah blah, Yay!
07-05-2007, 12:33 PM

I was in row E, on the isle, facing Justin and Danny.
Amazing show. Some changes from the Palace show, and I'm still bumbed they took out AEnema. But, such is life.
The vocals I thought were mixed out in some places (course, it's hard to know, since I have to remember that I was standing in front of Justin's stacks....).
I thought the drum solo was oddly placed. Don't get me wrong - I"m a drummer and could barely take my eyes off Danny. But, I don't think it felt like an organic extension in the song. An amazing solo, nonetheless.
My only beefs were with the security. It's a shame they had red and blue shirts on - they should have been forced to wear brown. During Lateralus (although my buddy's convinced it was during Vicarious), security manhandled a lady who was either jumping seats or trying to get on someone's shoulders to better watch the last 2 songs. I mean, they MANHANLDED her. Dragged her halfway across the seats to the aisle, and shoved her up the walkway. She, I think defensively, turned around and tried to take a swing at the guy, who then manhandled even more. The SS were really making it a hard time for me to enjoy the show.
Oh yea, and I was getting sick of the 3 guys in front of me. Had they touched each other any more, I think I would have become gay!
I agree with Incognito - Maynard was much more animated during the Palace show and I think he only said three off-the-cuff remarks this time. I can't remember all that he said at the Palace - probably the same amount, but they seemed much more.... punchier. Although, the jersey comment was, "Jesus, you guys are tall!"
Maybe he's just getting tired of touring for 3 years!

Don
Old 07-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

I was in row E, on the isle, facing Justin and Danny.
Amazing show. Some changes from the Palace show, and I'm still bumbed they took out AEnema. But, such is life.
The vocals I thought were mixed out in some places (course, it's hard to know, since I have to remember that I was standing in front of Justin's stacks....).
I thought the drum solo was oddly placed. Don't get me wrong - I"m a drummer and could barely take my eyes off Danny. But, I don't think it felt like an organic extension in the song. An amazing solo, nonetheless.
My only beefs were with the security. It's a shame they had red and blue shirts on - they should have been forced to wear brown. During Lateralus (although my buddy's convinced it was during Vicarious), security manhandled a lady who was either jumping seats or trying to get on someone's shoulders to better watch the last 2 songs. I mean, they MANHANLDED her. Dragged her halfway across the seats to the aisle, and shoved her up the walkway. She, I think defensively, turned around and tried to take a swing at the guy, who then manhandled even more. The SS were really making it a hard time for me to enjoy the show.
Oh yea, and I was getting sick of the 3 guys in front of me. Had they touched each other any more, I think I would have become gay!
I agree with Incognito - Maynard was much more animated during the Palace show and I think he only said three off-the-cuff remarks this time. I can't remember all that he said at the Palace - probably the same amount, but they seemed much more.... punchier. Although, the jersey comment was, "Jesus, you guys are tall!"
Maybe he's just getting tired of touring for 3 years!

Don
OFFLINE |  
toolmantim
07-05-2007, 12:48 PM

2 days later and I am just starting to find words to describe this show.

Been to many shows at DTE/pine knob, but what happened on tues was unfuckingbelievable. No bitching,fighting, sod, mudd, fires...just a few spills and a very controlled small mob. Middle of the lawn on center.

I'm pretty sure that if they would have played "the Pot" my head would have imploded.

Danny has to be part machine.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Been to many shows at DTE/pine knob, but what happened on tues was unfuckingbelievable. No bitching,fighting, sod, mudd, fires...just a few spills and a very controlled small mob. Middle of the lawn on center.

I'm pretty sure that if they would have played "the Pot" my head would have imploded.

07-05-2007, 04:50 PM

everything about the show was perfect, but I thought I heard adam miss a chord once but I dont remember when so I dont care about it at all.

The only negatives I experienced were some of the people there. some drunken guy was throwing cups on and off at this girl that was on a guys shoulders, I laughed the first time but he got really old really quick. And the fact that everyone around him was encouraging him to throw more. I heard a lot of people singing the absolutely wrong lyrics during the wrong song!!! But I was so high that I ignored all of this and just placed myself right in front of the stage, not physically but mentally, the acid really helped.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #26
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 323

everything about the show was perfect, but I thought I heard adam miss a chord once but I dont remember when so I dont care about it at all.

The only negatives I experienced were some of the people there. some drunken guy was throwing cups on and off at this girl that was on a guys shoulders, I laughed the first time but he got really old really quick. And the fact that everyone around him was encouraging him to throw more. I heard a lot of people singing the absolutely wrong lyrics during the wrong song!!! But I was so high that I ignored all of this and just placed myself right in front of the stage, not physically but mentally, the acid really helped.
07-05-2007, 07:03 PM

btw: 'nard changed a few lyrics ... has he done this @ the other recent shows?

#1 - Maynard changed the lyrics to Rosetta Stoned. Instead of "the time DAVE floated away" ... he said, "the time TOM floated away." Who is this TOM?

#2 - During Wings part 2, he sung "I've BEEN home now" ... instead of. "I've COME home now." (maybe it's because he played a show in his home state, Ohio, two days prior... who knows?)

#3 - Anyone who said he was more animated at the Palace needs to get their brains checked. This show blew the last 2 Michigan shows out of the water ... and those shows ruled.

I thought Maynard was wearing a dress at the end. It cracked me up!!( It reminded me of Aenima Maynard. Later I found out it was a Pistons jersey that was waaay too big for his short stature. That was great.

Killer sound
Awesome good vibes from the crowd, band, everyone.
Awesome visuals
Maynard still seems to be triple-jointed, and he must have sold his soul to still be sounding better than anyone in music today (he's like 40something, right?)
Best concert of my life... and it was my 7th Tool show.

Cheers. I'll probably post more later as this was the best few hours of my life thus far...

Last edited by smeefsmeef; 07-05-2007 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 07-05-2007, 07:03 PM   #27
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

btw: 'nard changed a few lyrics ... has he done this @ the other recent shows?

#1 - Maynard changed the lyrics to Rosetta Stoned. Instead of "the time DAVE floated away" ... he said, "the time TOM floated away." Who is this TOM?

#2 - During Wings part 2, he sung "I've BEEN home now" ... instead of. "I've COME home now." (maybe it's because he played a show in his home state, Ohio, two days prior... who knows?)

#3 - Anyone who said he was more animated at the Palace needs to get their brains checked. This show blew the last 2 Michigan shows out of the water ... and those shows ruled.

I thought Maynard was wearing a dress at the end. It cracked me up!!( It reminded me of Aenima Maynard. Later I found out it was a Pistons jersey that was waaay too big for his short stature. That was great.

Killer sound
Awesome good vibes from the crowd, band, everyone.
Awesome visuals
Maynard still seems to be triple-jointed, and he must have sold his soul to still be sounding better than anyone in music today (he's like 40something, right?)
Best concert of my life... and it was my 7th Tool show.

Cheers. I'll probably post more later as this was the best few hours of my life thus far...

Last edited by smeefsmeef; 07-05-2007 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: spelling
OFFLINE |  
lauralynn
07-05-2007, 07:28 PM

flew out from los angeles to see the show (and a good friend). It was definetely worth it cuz I got FRONT ROW TIX from my tool army presale order!!!! and I GOT THE SETLIST by showing the guy my id (was telling him how I flew all the way from cali to see the show).

I'm pretty much still in shock and on cloud nine. one of the best shows I've seen on this tour, which is my 10th or 11th show so far. being right there watching danny play drums was incredible. although being that close made it hard to hear maynard's voice. actually couldn't hear it at all. but didn't matter, I was front row for christ's sake!!!!

oh, and you're welcome veikley. glad my other seats were good. thanks for takin' em f/me
Old 07-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #28
Level 4 - Thinker

flew out from los angeles to see the show (and a good friend). It was definetely worth it cuz I got FRONT ROW TIX from my tool army presale order!!!! and I GOT THE SETLIST by showing the guy my id (was telling him how I flew all the way from cali to see the show).

I'm pretty much still in shock and on cloud nine. one of the best shows I've seen on this tour, which is my 10th or 11th show so far. being right there watching danny play drums was incredible. although being that close made it hard to hear maynard's voice. actually couldn't hear it at all. but didn't matter, I was front row for christ's sake!!!!

oh, and you're welcome veikley. glad my other seats were good. thanks for takin' em f/me
OFFLINE |  
tomatoms's Avatar tomatoms
07-05-2007, 11:11 PM

just got back from van andel but i wanted to ask, i was at this show, did anybody happen to get a recording of rosetta stoned? "Like the time ___ floated away.." All sorts of lyrical changes were detected by my ear.

I feel further evolved every time I leave a venue where tool played. Felt some great stuff during this show and van andel, which doesn't have a review thread. is flux on vacation?

Last edited by tomatoms; 07-05-2007 at 11:26 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 11:11 PM   #29
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 9

just got back from van andel but i wanted to ask, i was at this show, did anybody happen to get a recording of rosetta stoned? "Like the time ___ floated away.." All sorts of lyrical changes were detected by my ear.

I feel further evolved every time I leave a venue where tool played. Felt some great stuff during this show and van andel, which doesn't have a review thread. is flux on vacation?

Last edited by tomatoms; 07-05-2007 at 11:26 PM..
OFFLINE |  
insectpinsNR's Avatar insectpinsNR
07-07-2007, 03:07 PM

I just wanna add

Tool played trippy noises between songs for about 10 minutes which was nuts.

Everyone one there was nice and friendly.

I loved it.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #30
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I just wanna add

Tool played trippy noises between songs for about 10 minutes which was nuts.

Everyone one there was nice and friendly.

I loved it.
OFFLINE |  
thatwashardcore
07-08-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmantim View Post

Been to many shows at DTE/pine knob, but what happened on tues was unfuckingbelievable. No bitching,fighting, sod, mudd, fires...just a few spills and a very controlled small mob.

I agree completely. Tied with A Perfect Circle for the best concert experience I've ever had. My only complaint: it took over an hour, easily, before my car could move 1 foot in the parking lot.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:45 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmantim View Post

Been to many shows at DTE/pine knob, but what happened on tues was unfuckingbelievable. No bitching,fighting, sod, mudd, fires...just a few spills and a very controlled small mob.

I agree completely. Tied with A Perfect Circle for the best concert experience I've ever had. My only complaint: it took over an hour, easily, before my car could move 1 foot in the parking lot.
OFFLINE |  
tomisatool's Avatar tomisatool
07-08-2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoms View Post

I honestly heard, "Like the time Tom floated away"

I heard my name and I was like, wtf, its Bob...
Old 07-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #32
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoms View Post

07-08-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:

Yeah I heard Tom as well.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #33
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

Yeah I heard Tom as well.
OFFLINE |  
Smegma Monster
07-13-2007, 08:38 AM

First Show for me, and it was pretty g.d. sick. I have had a hard time getting anyone to come with me to other shows over the last 10 years (all my friends are classic rock-only terds) but this time I got 3 guys to come with me. Its the best $50 bucks on a show I have spent in a long time. Totally impressed.

A few random tidbits:

We got there super early and basically coulda parked right by the west plaza gates. I saw zero pissers anywhere in the parking lot so we drove over and parked by some woods in the back corner of the front lot. Woods are huge when you drink 2+ cases between 4 dudes before a show. It's fairly odd watching girls squat in the woods in every direction. I told a few of em, "sorry ladies, coming past, watch for poison ivy on your hoo-hoo." It gave me a refresher in why I apprecaite being a guy.

Fxck Security. Those guys really made it take forever to get into the show. I am surprised I didn't have to strip down, spread 'em, and cough. There were overly-thorough. I stashed 7 fat dank spliffs inside a bag that I put in the side of my sock, and the guy felt something there so he shook my pantleg twice to try to get something to fall out! I thought "well I'm fxcked" and somehow after the second time he went to my other pantleg and then let me in. He never actually checked my sock so I was happy. I was sweating bullets. I have no idea how people got cameras or recording devices in there unless they stashed em in there colon and waddled in like a penguin.

101.1 WRIF said on the radio the next day that the reason there was such a huge delay in between Big Business (who blows) and Tool was because security was so bad it was taking well over an hour to get in the show. They said they turned all women with purses away, and would make them come back. We walked in during Big Business' first song and it took us about 15 minutes since a ton of people were still partying hard in the parking lot.

Additionally, DTE has a time limit that no band can play after 11pm or else the get a stiff fine. I thought it was mighty cool of them to keep jamming until about 11:20 since they started kinda late, and that they were willing to be fined.

Highlights for me were Jambi, Stinkfist, and Lateralis. Jambi is just a fantastic song to open to, Stinkfist is one of my personal favs, and Lateralis, well is on another level. Danny shreded it. Laser show was sick. Someone else posted that the show was pink floyd-esque in a vegas way, and I couldn't agree more. I honestly think that these guys are in many ways similar to what floyd was doing in the 70's, from pushing music to new levels to what they do in the live shows. This show really made me think that these guys are so fucking talented and I savored every second.

I was on the front part of the lawn, right next to the pit. There was some 5' nothing punk in a wifebeater that would race down the slope of the hill and smash into some unsuspecting moshers, and then bail before he could be slammed. After he did it a few times, I timed him perfectly so that when he started his run, after 2 or 3 steps, I took his ass out. He had no clue I was coming and I buried him. I don't mind the pit, but am not huge into pitting myself, but I think that if you are going to get in it, don't try to blindside people and hurt them, which is what it appeared was his intention. If you get hurt in the middle, so be it, but not by some punk running downhill 20 feet and double-forearming people that have no clue he is coming. He got what he deserved. End rant.

Big business sucked. The lead singer just screamed randomly, the sound mix for them was poop, but I will say the drummer laid down some pretty sick beats. Props to him, he needs to find a new band.

Getting out was miserable. I passed out in the car for an hour before I even decided to try to move. It still took me another 40 minutes to get out after that. The ride home blew. I hate driving because everyone else gets to pass out while the drivers some sick amount of miles with no one to talk to. I cranked up some some Rage and rolled off into the night....
Old 07-13-2007, 08:38 AM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

First Show for me, and it was pretty g.d. sick. I have had a hard time getting anyone to come with me to other shows over the last 10 years (all my friends are classic rock-only terds) but this time I got 3 guys to come with me. Its the best $50 bucks on a show I have spent in a long time. Totally impressed.

A few random tidbits:

We got there super early and basically coulda parked right by the west plaza gates. I saw zero pissers anywhere in the parking lot so we drove over and parked by some woods in the back corner of the front lot. Woods are huge when you drink 2+ cases between 4 dudes before a show. It's fairly odd watching girls squat in the woods in every direction. I told a few of em, "sorry ladies, coming past, watch for poison ivy on your hoo-hoo." It gave me a refresher in why I apprecaite being a guy.

Fxck Security. Those guys really made it take forever to get into the show. I am surprised I didn't have to strip down, spread 'em, and cough. There were overly-thorough. I stashed 7 fat dank spliffs inside a bag that I put in the side of my sock, and the guy felt something there so he shook my pantleg twice to try to get something to fall out! I thought "well I'm fxcked" and somehow after the second time he went to my other pantleg and then let me in. He never actually checked my sock so I was happy. I was sweating bullets. I have no idea how people got cameras or recording devices in there unless they stashed em in there colon and waddled in like a penguin.

101.1 WRIF said on the radio the next day that the reason there was such a huge delay in between Big Business (who blows) and Tool was because security was so bad it was taking well over an hour to get in the show. They said they turned all women with purses away, and would make them come back. We walked in during Big Business' first song and it took us about 15 minutes since a ton of people were still partying hard in the parking lot.

Additionally, DTE has a time limit that no band can play after 11pm or else the get a stiff fine. I thought it was mighty cool of them to keep jamming until about 11:20 since they started kinda late, and that they were willing to be fined.

Highlights for me were Jambi, Stinkfist, and Lateralis. Jambi is just a fantastic song to open to, Stinkfist is one of my personal favs, and Lateralis, well is on another level. Danny shreded it. Laser show was sick. Someone else posted that the show was pink floyd-esque in a vegas way, and I couldn't agree more. I honestly think that these guys are in many ways similar to what floyd was doing in the 70's, from pushing music to new levels to what they do in the live shows. This show really made me think that these guys are so fucking talented and I savored every second.

I was on the front part of the lawn, right next to the pit. There was some 5' nothing punk in a wifebeater that would race down the slope of the hill and smash into some unsuspecting moshers, and then bail before he could be slammed. After he did it a few times, I timed him perfectly so that when he started his run, after 2 or 3 steps, I took his ass out. He had no clue I was coming and I buried him. I don't mind the pit, but am not huge into pitting myself, but I think that if you are going to get in it, don't try to blindside people and hurt them, which is what it appeared was his intention. If you get hurt in the middle, so be it, but not by some punk running downhill 20 feet and double-forearming people that have no clue he is coming. He got what he deserved. End rant.

Big business sucked. The lead singer just screamed randomly, the sound mix for them was poop, but I will say the drummer laid down some pretty sick beats. Props to him, he needs to find a new band.

Getting out was miserable. I passed out in the car for an hour before I even decided to try to move. It still took me another 40 minutes to get out after that. The ride home blew. I hate driving because everyone else gets to pass out while the drivers some sick amount of miles with no one to talk to. I cranked up some some Rage and rolled off into the night....
OFFLINE |  
nubtorious
07-14-2007, 09:32 AM

my 3rd Tool show in 13 months...also went to the Fox and the Palace. Not as electrifying and intimate as at the Fox....but still good.

Digression for complaint: I had some drunken asshole behind me, as well as his toad-like friends (Do these kind of people come out of a hole?), who were pretty well wasted even before the show. This guy kept trying to actually stand on the back of the chairs, but his flailing limbs would inadvertently hit/kick me and the girl I was next to. He also stepped his beer-soaked shoe on my hoodie, which was on my chair. It spoiled at least two of the songs, becuase i kept having to be on my guard to see if I would get a foot to the head or something. He was jumping into our row all the time and shouting and talking and just being obnoxious; people like that don't even deserve to hear Tool live if they're not gonna be respectful of the band and people around them. >:(

Anyway...we were straight back from the stage in row TT, not too bad. The people around us were pretty subdued (minus drunken man + friends). I don't even think most of them were rocking out or even singing along; just standing there. We had our fun though, sang every word, and so excited when we heard the opening chords of Flood! The lasers were a nice touch, visuals great as always, esp. the lighting of the 10,000 days visual things behind the band.

As always, Danny Carey proved once again he is God, amazing. I think the strain of touring is beginning to wear on Maynard's voice a bit though, he didn't even do the "VICARIOUSLY IIIIIIIIII.........."part, but instead swung the mike around for us fans to sing it.

I thought for sure they would end with AEnema....so when they stopped, I was like, "That's it???" But overall, good show, not GREAT, but very, very good. My bf and I were starting to say, for all the hassle (like waiting over an hour in the parking lot without moving) that we might not see them if they come around again.........but we rethought...hell, it's TOOL.....still the best band ever. I'll see 'em 'til either they die, or I do.

Keep rocking, Tool, Detroit loves you. :)
Old 07-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

my 3rd Tool show in 13 months...also went to the Fox and the Palace. Not as electrifying and intimate as at the Fox....but still good.

Digression for complaint: I had some drunken asshole behind me, as well as his toad-like friends (Do these kind of people come out of a hole?), who were pretty well wasted even before the show. This guy kept trying to actually stand on the back of the chairs, but his flailing limbs would inadvertently hit/kick me and the girl I was next to. He also stepped his beer-soaked shoe on my hoodie, which was on my chair. It spoiled at least two of the songs, becuase i kept having to be on my guard to see if I would get a foot to the head or something. He was jumping into our row all the time and shouting and talking and just being obnoxious; people like that don't even deserve to hear Tool live if they're not gonna be respectful of the band and people around them. >:(

Anyway...we were straight back from the stage in row TT, not too bad. The people around us were pretty subdued (minus drunken man + friends). I don't even think most of them were rocking out or even singing along; just standing there. We had our fun though, sang every word, and so excited when we heard the opening chords of Flood! The lasers were a nice touch, visuals great as always, esp. the lighting of the 10,000 days visual things behind the band.

As always, Danny Carey proved once again he is God, amazing. I think the strain of touring is beginning to wear on Maynard's voice a bit though, he didn't even do the "VICARIOUSLY IIIIIIIIII.........."part, but instead swung the mike around for us fans to sing it.

I thought for sure they would end with AEnema....so when they stopped, I was like, "That's it???" But overall, good show, not GREAT, but very, very good. My bf and I were starting to say, for all the hassle (like waiting over an hour in the parking lot without moving) that we might not see them if they come around again.........but we rethought...hell, it's TOOL.....still the best band ever. I'll see 'em 'til either they die, or I do.

Keep rocking, Tool, Detroit loves you. :)
OFFLINE |  
sburhans's Avatar sburhans
07-16-2007, 08:53 AM

4ht Tool show, 3rd this tour. Great show, great set, they sounded tight, could have been louder, but hey, I was half-way up the hill. If I hadn't already seen them up close at the Fox, the hill woulda sucked, but it was cool anyway. Crowd not as rowdy as I expected and way too many stupid drunk lost assholes, I seen the same guy on the phone saying "where are you?..." thru 2 or 3 songs. Danny's drum solo was sick. Cool upbeat beginning to Lateralus, couldn't here MJK's voice box on Rosetta Stoned, but it still kicked ass. FLOOD!!! this gave me shivers, so cool to see live, I was hoping we would have gotten Aenima to end it (as at the Fox and Palace shows), but the Flood intro seemed pretty stretched out (hell, they coulda squeezed in The Pot and Prison Sex).
Ya know, it's hard to pinpoint a highlight, they start out cranking with Jambi and it never really lets up. The lasers were nice, but not as awesome as some have described, what is this your first concert?

------------------
15Jul97 - Pine Knob - Clarkston, MI
15May06 - Fox Theatre - Detroit, MI
22Sep06 - Palace of Auburn Hills, MI
03Jul07 - Pine Knob - Clarkston, MI
Old 07-16-2007, 08:53 AM   #36
Level 2 - Poster

4ht Tool show, 3rd this tour. Great show, great set, they sounded tight, could have been louder, but hey, I was half-way up the hill. If I hadn't already seen them up close at the Fox, the hill woulda sucked, but it was cool anyway. Crowd not as rowdy as I expected and way too many stupid drunk lost assholes, I seen the same guy on the phone saying "where are you?..." thru 2 or 3 songs. Danny's drum solo was sick. Cool upbeat beginning to Lateralus, couldn't here MJK's voice box on Rosetta Stoned, but it still kicked ass. FLOOD!!! this gave me shivers, so cool to see live, I was hoping we would have gotten Aenima to end it (as at the Fox and Palace shows), but the Flood intro seemed pretty stretched out (hell, they coulda squeezed in The Pot and Prison Sex).
Ya know, it's hard to pinpoint a highlight, they start out cranking with Jambi and it never really lets up. The lasers were nice, but not as awesome as some have described, what is this your first concert?

------------------
15Jul97 - Pine Knob - Clarkston, MI
15May06 - Fox Theatre - Detroit, MI
22Sep06 - Palace of Auburn Hills, MI
03Jul07 - Pine Knob - Clarkston, MI
OFFLINE |  
Bareni
07-18-2007, 01:19 AM

It's weird. All these days and that this show still is not out of my system yet. I have seen Tool a few times and about 75 other various bands and this was one of the greatest ever.

I loved the raw power of the Palace show ( and getting The Pot!), but this show topped it in terms of energy of the crowd, band, and just sick playing.

I had pav row x middle seats and it was near a religious experience.

I just got home from seeing the Police tonite...and even though I had 8th row center floor seats..it really hit me how there is NO OTHER BAND like Tool..especially live. Everything else just seems kinda lame.

I will never forget that Pine Knob show. Just like the Palace...Lateralus was the peak.

No real complaints..glad there weren't alot of drunken/doped up assholes...there is no better drug then Tool Live :)
Old 07-18-2007, 01:19 AM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

It's weird. All these days and that this show still is not out of my system yet. I have seen Tool a few times and about 75 other various bands and this was one of the greatest ever.

I loved the raw power of the Palace show ( and getting The Pot!), but this show topped it in terms of energy of the crowd, band, and just sick playing.

I had pav row x middle seats and it was near a religious experience.

I just got home from seeing the Police tonite...and even though I had 8th row center floor seats..it really hit me how there is NO OTHER BAND like Tool..especially live. Everything else just seems kinda lame.

I will never forget that Pine Knob show. Just like the Palace...Lateralus was the peak.

No real complaints..glad there weren't alot of drunken/doped up assholes...there is no better drug then Tool Live :)
OFFLINE |  
StonedRose's Avatar StonedRose
07-20-2007, 05:22 PM

No one compares to Tool! I absolutely LOVE seeing Tool perform live and this tour was no exception. Since I couldn't get tickets to the Fox Theatre or the Palace last year, this was my one and only show from the 10,000 Days tour. Had great seats though -- Center Section, Row S -- sat straight back from Maynard, dead center in the pavilion. (Not as close as the lucky ducks in Row DDD though!) Seeing this show did make me wish I could travel and see them play again at other venues!

I was very happy to be able to SEE Maynard this tour. He also had more clothes on than I had ever seen him wear performing live before. He came out wearing jeans, a belt with a huge buckle, cowboy boots, cowboy hat, sunglasses and a bright orange hoodie with PUSCIFER written across the front. It didn't take long to lose the hoodie and cowboy hat, but he kept his plain T-shirt on all night. Loved the crowd's roar when he exposed his mohawk from under the hat! I can't think of any other person in the world who wears it better!

Personally, I think Jambi was a great opener, especially with all the orange flames in the background. I really liked their stage setup this time with four large video screens, one behind each band member. And later when the huge colorful 10K backdrop above them was exposed, simply awesome. However, I do agree that sometimes it was hard to hear Maynard's voice -- not sure if the music was just overpowering his vocals but his mic and voice box could be projected louder. Although, I thoroughly enjoyed watching him ramble on into his voice box, particularly on Rosetta Stoned! Very ingenious with that contraption strapped on him!

Lateralus totally fuckin' rocked and I'm thankful for getting the extended versions of Stinkfist and Schism. Flood was a special treat, but I thought Wings for Marie & 10,000 Days were a bit slow for our crowd. If it weren't for the totally awesome laser and light show, those songs would've dragged too much. I was a bit disappointed not getting The Pot. And Aenima would've totally rocked after Vicarious! But I'm eternally grateful that they didn't stop playing right at 11:00, knowing they might've gotten fined. Too bad they didn't start earlier and come out at 9:00, maybe they could've played even a few more songs. We all have our favorites and wish they'd play this or wish they'd play that. Obviously, they got their setlist down to a T and choose to stick with it every night! As long as they keep producing all that powerful music, so be it!

Tool is by far the best band on Earth! Maynard sings like no other, and he knows how to entertain! Danny is the absolute best fuckin' drummer alive -- bar none. Adam is quite the artist, both on and off the stage (can't wait for some new videos!). And Justin always gets down while playing. A foursome like no other, purely phenomenal experiencing them live. Can't wait to see them again, even if it takes another five years! Long live Tool...
7/3/07 - Pine Knob
Old 07-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

No one compares to Tool! I absolutely LOVE seeing Tool perform live and this tour was no exception. Since I couldn't get tickets to the Fox Theatre or the Palace last year, this was my one and only show from the 10,000 Days tour. Had great seats though -- Center Section, Row S -- sat straight back from Maynard, dead center in the pavilion. (Not as close as the lucky ducks in Row DDD though!) Seeing this show did make me wish I could travel and see them play again at other venues!

I was very happy to be able to SEE Maynard this tour. He also had more clothes on than I had ever seen him wear performing live before. He came out wearing jeans, a belt with a huge buckle, cowboy boots, cowboy hat, sunglasses and a bright orange hoodie with PUSCIFER written across the front. It didn't take long to lose the hoodie and cowboy hat, but he kept his plain T-shirt on all night. Loved the crowd's roar when he exposed his mohawk from under the hat! I can't think of any other person in the world who wears it better!

Personally, I think Jambi was a great opener, especially with all the orange flames in the background. I really liked their stage setup this time with four large video screens, one behind each band member. And later when the huge colorful 10K backdrop above them was exposed, simply awesome. However, I do agree that sometimes it was hard to hear Maynard's voice -- not sure if the music was just overpowering his vocals but his mic and voice box could be projected louder. Although, I thoroughly enjoyed watching him ramble on into his voice box, particularly on Rosetta Stoned! Very ingenious with that contraption strapped on him!

Lateralus totally fuckin' rocked and I'm thankful for getting the extended versions of Stinkfist and Schism. Flood was a special treat, but I thought Wings for Marie & 10,000 Days were a bit slow for our crowd. If it weren't for the totally awesome laser and light show, those songs would've dragged too much. I was a bit disappointed not getting The Pot. And Aenima would've totally rocked after Vicarious! But I'm eternally grateful that they didn't stop playing right at 11:00, knowing they might've gotten fined. Too bad they didn't start earlier and come out at 9:00, maybe they could've played even a few more songs. We all have our favorites and wish they'd play this or wish they'd play that. Obviously, they got their setlist down to a T and choose to stick with it every night! As long as they keep producing all that powerful music, so be it!

Tool is by far the best band on Earth! Maynard sings like no other, and he knows how to entertain! Danny is the absolute best fuckin' drummer alive -- bar none. Adam is quite the artist, both on and off the stage (can't wait for some new videos!). And Justin always gets down while playing. A foursome like no other, purely phenomenal experiencing them live. Can't wait to see them again, even if it takes another five years! Long live Tool...
7/3/07 - Pine Knob
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply