opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2006
User Name
Password
Old 09-25-2006, 09:03 AM   #121
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

i got an alright clip of lateralus, but are there any programs that i could use to cut out some of the song? cause the starting of it sounded really bad
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 09:06 AM   #122
Level 1 - Lurker

Maynard seemed to be in good health and spirits, talking to the crowd more than he apparently has the past few shows, and he was quite animated in his stage maneuvering. Maynard got the crowd to join him in singing happy birthday to "Carol", who is apparently celebrating her 16th birthday... not quite sure who this "Carol" person is.

carol is the lead singer for a local band called NICE CAT. anyone rememer at the APC show at the Koolhaus where he stopped the show to talk about the origin of jagermeister? and he sent over 12 test tubes filled with shots for Carol and Caitlin of NICE CAT? When tour schedules allow, members of either band (TOOL, APC and NICE CAT) can be spotted at each others' shows.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 09:08 AM   #123
Level 1 - Lurker

hey, did anyone get any shots of maynard wishing Carol (NICE CAT) happy birthday?
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #124
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobot View Post
Oh, and P.S.

Happy Birthday Carol
i'm on the phone with carol right now..and she says....

"thanks! that was awesome! best '16th' birthday ever, Maynard thinks he's hilarious."
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 09:26 AM   #125
Level 1 - Lurker

What's up dickheads!

Great show. Didn't like how Rosetta sounded, but i was watching the show from a grassy knoll so it may of been the sound system. I have no idea why they didn't do the show at the ACC instead of the Molson Crampitheatre, but let's hope it'll be at the ACC in winter (if there is a winter!).

I got through to ticketmaster 3 minutes after tickets went on sale, and I still ended up with 4 lawns...can someone explain this to me?

I went to the Hummingbird show, so I ain't too depressed. BUT there were just as many "I liked Tool before you liked Tool" assholes there as here, so THERE ya go...so to say.

Lateralus my fave. Maynard with a leaf jersey is the cheesiest thing I've ever seen. Maybe they could of had Joe Carter sing Stinkfist instead.

Go home, eh!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 11:05 AM   #126
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook8 View Post
I got through to ticketmaster 3 minutes after tickets went on sale, and I still ended up with 4 lawns...can someone explain this to me?
Considering the show sold out completely in... under 10 minutes? Under 5 minutes? It didn't take very long... you're lucky you got tickets at all after 3 minutes.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:07 AM   #127
Level 1 - Lurker

The show was great but the one thing I did not get and maybe it is different for the arena shows is what is with the video screens behind the band. They were just a little taller than the band thus only playing 1/2 of the picture most of the time and the full videos were playing on those tiny side screens so for full effect you either had to watch the trippy videos to the side of the stage or watch the band play. I thought the video screens should have been larger and the christmas lights removed but other than that it was an amazing show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 11:51 AM   #128
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_wh0re View Post
I want to meet the fucker who watched the show through stereoscopic lenses. That's fucking awesome!
Yeah, I wish I did that now.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:23 PM   #129
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salivated View Post
The show was great but the one thing I did not get and maybe it is different for the arena shows is what is with the video screens behind the band. They were just a little taller than the band thus only playing 1/2 of the picture most of the time and the full videos were playing on those tiny side screens so for full effect you either had to watch the trippy videos to the side of the stage or watch the band play. I thought the video screens should have been larger and the christmas lights removed but other than that it was an amazing show.
the screens were low because some/most of the arena shows they are playing this tour are 360 degrees...and that way everyone can see the band...atleast that's what i was told.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 12:58 PM   #130
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 1439

Let me first say that I really enjoyed Isis. Certainly not my favourite band, but despite the somewhat muddy sound quality they were very together and they have a cool sound. I've listened to some of their material before and it's really interesting.

Left towards the end of their set to beat the post-opener rush to the concessions, got some drinks and lit up a joint. Some guy beside us was like, "Hah, look dude, these guys are burning right here! See, I told you we should!" or something like that.

It was about 5 minutes after this that my friend suddenly said she didn't feel good, leaned on me, and then passed out, collapsing in a heap on the ground. I picked her up, and she proceeded to do it again. Scared the fuck out of me! Getting my very stoned wits together I carried her over to a wall/railing and sat down with her for 10 minutes. Turns out she'd been kinda sick all week and had already had a few blackouts. Guess the weed lowered her blood pressure too much.

When she said she was feeling better (and we tested how she was standing up for a bit) we went back to the PIT. We got back about a minute before Tool started. Good timing! We stayed at the back of the pit, leaning against the fence. We were all very stoned, my buddy brought some White Widow.

Ok...Stinkfist. What an amazing song to open a concert with!! Last time, it was Rosetta Stoned (at H-bird), which was good (LK is great to start) but doesn't pack the punch, the sheer power that Stinkfist does. And then the extended bit came in and blew us all away. Stinkfist is not really one of my favourite Tool songs (as much as I love it) but when the extended part is added in it really adds a new depth to the song, I love it!

Cool to hear The Pot live for the first time. Well-executed (though I seem to remember Maynard starting in the wrong key, anyone else notice that? Maybe I was just too stoned).

I'm almost embarrassed to say that the white widow was so intense I tuned out of everything between The Pot and 46&2 and didn't really register that it was playing until about halfway through. But the drum solo was incredible as usual, and it's always a great song to hear.

Jambi, which I found wasn't particularly exciting at the H-Bird, was amazing this time. A really good job all around by the boys, and the talkbox solo is very cool. Incredibly tasteful guitar work from Adam as always. Reminds me of David Gilmour, in that he doesn't play that many notes, but he makes every note count. And Maynard was [mostly - I'm very sensetive to intonation] spot-on, especially in the bridge ("Jambi" eyes) which kicked ass!

Schism was good as usual, especially with the sped-up bridge. Love that bit. Danny is insane. I also noticed they paused a little longer this time before going into it (the double-time part).

Rosetta Stoned...well...let's just say, I love it to death but I feel it doesn't work well live. The megaphone just doesn't sound right, and the lyric timing seems difficult for M in the spoken parts (or is it intentionally badly timed? doesn't seem like it). It's really too bad, because the rest of the song is amazing. It was better here than at H-bird.

Ahhh, Wings/10kDays. I wished and wished and wished....and I guess Jambi heard my wishes. Ok, to preface my exuberant praise of this song, I'd like to say that I was extremely annoyed by some of the assholes around me making lots of noise during the song (the quiet parts). The crowd did not seem to get into the song that much, for the most part, which detracted somewhat from the atmosphere. But apart from that (and Adam's unfortunate glaring mistakes) it was an incredible sensory experience. It's truly a beautiful song, and the band executed it incredibly well (as I said, despite Adam's flubbs). The light show added so much to the experience, and when the clouds started roiling across the laser beams, I felt as if I was seeing the music. That said, a lot of people in the crowd seemed disinterested or somewhat detached from the music at this point and it really didn't help the atmosphere and feeling of the song. During the quiet outro, there were a lot of people making noise and it ruined the vibe. And, I'm sorry to say, Adam's mistake really didn't help that. That's a pretty important part of the song. But I can't be too hard on him, considering he gave us all an absolutely stellar performance for [most of] the rest of the show, and those songs are just as much his creation as any of the other members. I'm just happy I got to hear this song live/live.

Lateralus - I've only been to two Tool concerts, but I've heard numerous bootlegs of various qualities, and this was the best live performance of Lateralus I've ever heard. Everyone was spot-on (I may have detected a couple of minor mistakes but I don't remember them and I didn't really care, given the overall quality of the performance). In addition, the lights were incredible. Not much more I can say about that.

Vicarious had a very cool extended intro, and the song itself was very well-done. Lot's of energy, great playing from the whole band, and Maynard was definitely in his element. Vicarious is one of the most well-suited songs for his [current] vocal range.

Ahhhh, and closing with Aenema. I'm glad they did. Opened and closed with songs from Aenima. The crowd went nuts when they started. I was in the pit, a little closer to the back, and the people in front of me were definitely most active during Aenema. I love this song, it's where Tool gets to show people that they really can be a FUN band as well. Well, fun in a sarcastic, cynical sort of way. Great way to close a show. Heh, took me a little while to realize Maynard was messing with the "Junkies" line. Good stuff. :D

The visual effects were very cool, though the size of the screens was disappointing: hard to see from the pit, too small to get the effect of the videos. The lights were really awesome, though I think they coulda done more with them. I've heard so much about that backdrop from the last tour I was hoping they'd do something like that again, but no such luck. Ah well, the lights were great.

I am unbelievably thrilled that I got to see this show. It was an incredible experience. It simply reinforced my understanding that while Tool really is not "the best band ever", they have something that nobody else seems to be able to touch, which is a perfect combination of emotion, complexity, and accessibility. They're really accessible: they're not overly heady, yet they have a strong intellectual side, and they attract a huge demographic range. They're not really world class musicians (except Danny) but they play and compose in a way that really resonates with people and sounds incredible. And I still don't know how they manage to stay together and sound so incredible on some of those rhythmically rhydiculous songs. Maynard adds a wonderful element of (this is going to sound odd) dark goofyness to the band that is pretty unique, as well, not to mention his brilliant lyricism and his voice.

Leaving the show was a little scary, being on that tiny bridge packed with people, hanging over Lakeshore Blvd. But it held out, and we didn't die. Good for you, engineers!

I really, really missed hearing certain songs from Undertow and Lateralus (though no tears at the absence of Sober, as great as it is), but I understand that this is the 10,000 Days tour, I didn't expect anything deviating from their standard setlist. Hopefully they'll do another tour after this and come back to Toronto, maybe play some fan favourites for us like Third Eye, Pushit, No Quarter, Flood, Cold and Ugly... I can't see them doing The Grudge for the simple reason that Maynard likely can't pull off that scream anymore. Even Third Eye or Pushit would be a stretch. Eh, we'll see.

Last edited by transcend187; 09-25-2006 at 01:16 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 01:20 PM   #131
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumble View Post
My god.... i was taken to another world tonight. words cannot explain...the lighters...beautiful...the setlist....beautiful....Maynard ...Adam ....Justin...Danny...Beautiful... And if i can be so bold, lets hear it for 46 & 2 tonight boys and girls.... I was screaming it at the top of my lungs. Life is a little sweeter because i was a part of tonight. Thank you guys. you are my personal jesi.

P.S- Anyone in section 301 Row J or anywhere around there. way to keep er real. i was real proud of our Toronto crowd for once. We really did something special.
yes was in 301 row k. behind the young girl that was dancing (who was with her 'friend' that i thought was her boyfriend... we talked about 'h'
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 03:40 PM   #132
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermilion View Post
yes was in 301 row k. behind the young girl that was dancing (who was with her 'friend' that i thought was her boyfriend... we talked about 'h'
I was in 301 E, i was the small brown guy standing next to the 7foot guy.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 03:46 PM   #133
Level 3 - Talker

my first tool concert, and what a fuckin awesome show!! the band, especially justin and danny, nailed every song. I was up at the 301-B, a small indian dude between 2 couples, and the view was great. the acoustics were clear and crisp. what a fuckin' night! my friend and i had so much shit getting to toronto from ottawa, and spent way more than we expected to, tried to sell an extra ticket (at face value) (cuz our friend bailed on us), got slightly ripped off for that ticket, was lost in toronto for a bit, and i failed an assignment in university (today), but it was definitely worth it. highlights were stinkfist, schism, wings2, jambi, lateralus, aenima and rosetta stoned. wouldve be even better if they played right in two instead of vicarious, but im not complaining. the crowd was great, cept for a dude, in front of me, who was giving me attitude during the show (apparently me wanting to see Isis wasnt hardcore enough of a Tool fan to him, he wouldnt let me rest my poster against the back of his seat. PRICK!). Great crowd, great show, awesome performance!!! Justin's bass never sounded better!!!!

Last edited by joshrd; 09-25-2006 at 03:54 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 05:40 PM   #134
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first Tool concert ever, and I really, really enjoyed it. I've been trying to see them for a good while now and I finally had the fortune to get tickets. I was in section 406, just left of centre a few rows down from the lawn. I loved the setlist, it was very well thought out to cover a lot of material. When they started playing Wings For Marie the crowd went nuts, it was terrific to hear them play those two, as well as Lost Keys(Blame Hoffman) and Rosetta Stoned. For me the highlight was Lateralus, it was simply mindblowing. My one real disappointment was the sound quality. It's been mentioned before that Maynard's vocals got buried in the mix sometimes. I myself am a sound engineer. I found that with earplugs on, the show had a pretty good mix, but without them on the heavy parts the whole PA was just screaming high end. I noticed with plugs on that at some loud points both the guitar and Maynard were distorted. Their engineer was pushing the line array beyond it, or its amps' capacities. Considering the quality and expense of sound gear these days I'd expect much, much more accurate mixing on a show like that. Then again, JBL VerTec never sounded great :P.

Sorry to go on a rant! Anyway, as a first show I had a blast and hope to see them again soon.

P.S. The show ended somewhere around 11:10 PM.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 05:47 PM   #135
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianPig View Post
Oh fuck it, I'll just upload it. Here guys. Re-live the experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbeHFzDmi8c

(My memory ran out at the end :( )
Thanks for the upload. Curse the small camera memory!!! lol I was hoping to see the end when the stage was black and white with just a couple of coloured spots. Blew my Fucking Mind!!!! We where in 201 all the way to the right looking over Justins shoulder as he sat facing Maynard. If I had a digital it would have made an awesome print. The picture in my head will be there forever!! 46 and 2 killed!!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 05:48 PM   #136
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553

lighter ceremony ruled. the single laser to the sky was absolutely beautiful. its humbling think we were seen from heaven. introduced to such a spirit. i may be 5 pages late, but it happened after wings/10,000, not lateralus. "you believe in moments noone could see" and now we've surely seen.

Quote:
If there's one thing about Tool fans, it's that they're insanely loyal. One guy even watched the show through the stereoscopic glasses that came with the new album
hilair. this guy rules.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 05:51 PM   #137
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

I couldn't believe Justin SAT DOWN to play a song...
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 06:19 PM   #138
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermilion View Post
Indeed that was me my friend. you asked if i was driving, if i do remember correctly.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:48 PM   #139
Level 2 - Poster

i was in 305 K right at the rightmost edge. my friend actually got crap for smoking. but that was between sets so the lights were on. Not the best concert I've seen, but it was defnately more than I had expected. Great visuals and great musicianship. It was hard to see Justin because a pillar was in my way, but i had a great view of the other 3 the entire show. My only beef is that they have no stage presence, which is something I enjoy at shows. However, the mixing was exellent, among the best I've ever experienced live. everything was audible.

Funny, a random chick passed me a joint, and 5 seconds later they broke into The Pot. Couldn't have asked for a better setlist, especially the Rosetta Stoned/Wings marathon. I'd seen a video of Wings live, and thought it was nothing special, but it's just as good as the album when seen in person.

the show ended at about 11, but anyone on the left half of the stadium probably never got out until quarter to 12 :(

edit: as for the volume (sound), it was loud, but not deafening. Probably much louder in front of a set of speakers. My ears stopped ringing by the time I had got to the train at midnight. This is comparing to being front-row at a Strapping Young Lad show, though.

Last edited by mechanichippie; 09-25-2006 at 08:59 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-25-2006, 11:15 PM   #140
Level 7 - Loquacious

I've taken my seating plan from the HBrd show (May) and added it w/ the Seating Plan from the AMP show (w/ additions of those now posting reviews in blue) as a look back at TOOL TORONTO in '06 [:)]

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4161/tsga3.jpg

It's been a slice meeting (On-line & in person (at the HH cafe) like-minded TOOL ppl: mystic, bino, EE, jag, sobot, transcend187 - 'MTFBWY'

HawaiianPig - Thanx 4 the chance to relive '10,000 days'
BoNeSaW - 4 the mjk jersey pic link
Staticfactory - Yer' summation is right on - Cheerz!
mrbixby - 4 the answer to 'Who's Carol'

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK

Last edited by Capt. Sith Park; 09-25-2006 at 11:20 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 03:57 AM   #141
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend187 View Post
We were all very stoned, my buddy brought some White Widow.
Damn. Where did you score that? That's some serious wheelchair weed. For real. I'm off to Amsterdam on Saturday - it's the only place I've ever found White Widow.

I wish I was sitting beside you at the show.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:07 AM   #142
Level 2 - Poster

First Tool show for me, amazing, wish it was longer but don't we all wish that from a wicked band. Many thanks to the girl beside me, I travelled from Halifax to see the show with a busted bone in my foot, crutches and all, the rain started and she was nice enough to give me a garbage bag for my cast.

DJB
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 05:55 AM   #143
Level 1 - Lurker

P.S. Who's Carol? O.o[/QUOTE]

Carol is the singer for the Toronto Band "Nice Cat". I've seen Maynard at on of their concerts in T.O.

P.S. Tool Rules (see it ryhmes... aw forget it;)
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #144
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBeSSeR View Post
First Tool show for me, amazing, wish it was longer but don't we all wish that from a wicked band. Many thanks to the girl beside me, I travelled from Halifax to see the show with a busted bone in my foot, crutches and all, the rain started and she was nice enough to give me a garbage bag for my cast.

DJB
Did you at one point near the end wave one of your crutches in the air?
Old 09-26-2006, 02:32 PM   #145
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBeSSeR View Post

DJB
Did you sit next to a guy in a wheelchair? If so, that was me :P
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 02:40 PM   #146
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanekat View Post
haha, i saw that. hilarious.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #147
Level 3 - Talker

I enjoyed this show a whole lot. I saw them in Vancouver in August, and I think the Toronto show was waaaaayyyyy better. The crowd had a LOT more energy, and everyone around me just seemed like they were having an awesome kickass time, even way up in the 400s. From Vancouver, I knew that Aenima would be the last song and you would've thought that knowing that, I'd head out to beat the crowd, but as soon as I heard the beginning it felt like the music had grown arms and held me in my spot. I had such a great freakin' time!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:29 PM   #148
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanekat View Post
Hahaha I noticed that too. I thought I remembered what song it was during, but it just slipped my mind as I was about to post this. I remember thinking it was hilarious because it reminded me of religious people who've been healed at a service or what have you, and left their crutches at the foot of an angel statue or something, and that random association made me laugh.

Bino, your sense of humour is best ever. I don't know if I can call what I was doing a "spastic groove reflex", but in my section not many people were moving either. I don't understand it! Especially for a location like yours (the pit).

I'm glad other people noticed the dove-seeming-seagulls moment during 10,000 Days. It was such an amazing feeling.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 06:11 PM   #149
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Another review...

LIVE: Tool Know How To Delight Their Faithful
Monday September 25, 2006 @ 04:00 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

click link below for story...........

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2006/09/2511.cfm
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 09:43 PM   #150
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeSaW View Post
Another review...

LIVE: Tool Know How To Delight Their Faithful
Monday September 25, 2006 @ 04:00 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

click link below for story...........

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2006/09/2511.cfm
That's a very strange review.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 10:30 PM   #151
Level 4 - Thinker

Now that I've actually had some time to sit back and let it sink in, I can say that Saturday night's show was the best concert I've been to. The setlist, the atmosphere, the energy... it all came together. It wasn't so much a concert as it was an experience.

Did anyone else near the back of 203 see the kid rocking out in the aisle? It was hilarious. He couldn't have been older than 10. Though he did look like he was getting bored towards the end of the show.

Wings/10,000 Days took me away. I got lost in that song. Honestly, I don't think I've ever been that captured by a moment before. It was terrific. That was definitely the highlight of the night for me, but the rest of the show really gave it a run for its money, especially Lateralus. I didn't really appreciate it at the Hummingbird, but Saturday was a whole different story.

Then there's the light show, and the videos (like the AWESOME re-edit of Schism to fit with the live extension), and the weather, which I got to see and not feel, all working as extra sensory candy to compliment the aural experience.

Perhaps I'm romanticizing the show, but I don't really care. It was that amazing for me. I doubt I'll see a better concert any time soon, unless Tool is coming back around again.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:40 PM   #152
Level 10 - Vehement

I'm just curious, did anyone see my friend pass out [multiple times] in the middle of the concessions area?
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 02:59 AM   #153
in the fade

Bincount™: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend187 View Post
I'm just curious, did anyone see my friend pass out [multiple times] in the middle of the concessions area?
nope, but he wasn't the only one - security 'escorted' out a couple of folks on the floors behind me who were also overcome by joy ;) !
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 03:45 AM   #154
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystictigress View Post
Hahaha I noticed that too. I thought I remembered what song it was during, but it just slipped my mind as I was about to post this. I remember thinking it was hilarious because it reminded me of religious people who've been healed at a service or what have you, and left their crutches at the foot of an angel statue or something, and that random association made me laugh.

Bino, your sense of humour is best ever. I don't know if I can call what I was doing a "spastic groove reflex", but in my section not many people were moving either. I don't understand it! Especially for a location like yours (the pit).

I'm glad other people noticed the dove-seeming-seagulls moment during 10,000 Days. It was such an amazing feeling.
Where were you sitting? There was a little guy breaking it down the whole time in the aisle next to me. He definitely consumed some sort of substance because he was doing it the entire concert! Dancing, some break dancing too lol. I'm amazed he was able to dance to Wings...
Old 09-27-2006, 05:09 AM   #155
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystictigress View Post
hey-zeus that's funny....no I didn't raise my crutches because my bone was healed, it wasn't me but now I'm glad I threw the crutches in front of me, being gimped sucks.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 07:15 AM   #156
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first Tool concert and I thought it was a great show. The only downside was that they didn't play anything from Undertow. After the show, I was lamenting that they missed all those good songs (The Grudge, Euology, H, Prison Sex, etc. etc.), however to ask them play all their good shit (of which they have a plethora) would obviously be totally unreasonable. Given that almost all their songs are lengthy, I'm satisfied with the amount that they played.

My personal favourite performance was WFM/TTD. I had goosebumps during those songs. Granted, they don't rock out like a lot of the others, but they have a very quiet energy that I was definitely feeling.

Funniest moment: I'm in the pit and this girl comes up to me and asks me to put her up to crowd surf. Now, I don't know about everyone else who was on the floor, but I certainly wasn't getting the "let's rock out" vibe from everyone else. Everybody seemed to be enjoying the music more than anything, and there was no real moshing or crowd surfing going on. Anyways, I tried to tell her that I didn't think it was a good idea, but she insisted, so me and this other dude put her up. Not surprisingly, she last a whole 3 seconds before the crowd bailed on her and dropped her hard on her back. I felt bad, but it was pretty damn funny.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 07:35 AM   #157
Level 7 - Loquacious

Did anybody hear/notice (5/10 min. bfor the boyz took the stage) justin's white lab-coated bass tech come out and (clearly/loudly) played the first couple of notes (undistorted) of h. (as a final sound check)

It stood out so much 'cause it seems they have solidifired their set list for this tour (and I know how much everyone would like to hear some (new/old) difference in what is presented)

Strange synchronicity of the night - The light-rain had pretty much ended (after the first couple of songs) until it picked up steam into a steady rain for 'Ænema'

'Cause I'm prayin' for rain, I'm prayin' for tidal waves'

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 07:36 AM   #158
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I heard "H", sith. For sure.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:41 AM   #159
Level 7 - Loquacious

What a tease [:(]

OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 09:52 AM   #160
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticfactory View Post
Considering the show sold out completely in... under 10 minutes? Under 5 minutes? It didn't take very long... you're lucky you got tickets at all after 3 minutes.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It didn't sell out that fast...

I know people who got tickets DAYS after they went on sale. The problem is scalpers and you hookers who stay up all night configuring your computers to get the maximum number of tickets allowed the fastest way possible.

Plus the additional $15 service fees per ticket makes me feel even worse.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: