opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 05-14-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/06/16 - Cape Girardeau, MO - Show Me Center

Tool
June 16, 2007
Cape Girardeau, MO - Show Me Center
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/16 - Cape Girardeau, MO - Show Me Center

Hell yeah! this will be my third Tool concert. As for the setlist I am expecting more of the same which is fine, the Setlist from Council Bluffs kicked ass but I am patiently waited who else is going the the St. Louis show 8 days later.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

If anyone happens to have some extra seats for this show (at least 2, preferably 4), - looking for floor or other reasonably good seats, contact me at sinnervip-AT-gmail.com, and let me know...
Old 05-17-2007, 03:59 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

You know that there are still plenty of seats left just not Floor seating
Old 05-21-2007, 08:18 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Anyone going to this show? might be cool to meet some like-minded folks from the buckle of the bible belt. :)
Old 05-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

This show should be amazing just because it is in a small venue. I don't care if they play the same song ten times in a row it will still be a night for the books
Old 05-25-2007, 04:41 AM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolfan#1 View Post
This show should be amazing just because it is in a small venue. I don't care if they play the same song ten times in a row it will still be a night for the books
Hey i had a couple questions about the venue i have never been i live in oklahoma... but it does look very small on the tm website, just exactly how small. 5k 10k people? would tickets in section 117 be a good view?
Old 05-25-2007, 04:07 PM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Hey i had a couple questions about the venue i have never been i live in oklahoma... but it does look very small on the tm website, just exactly how small. 5k 10k people? would tickets in section 117 be a good view?
I personaly have never been to the Show Me Center but from the view at their website117 show be pretty good. It seats 7000 and some
Old 05-30-2007, 07:55 PM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

Is this a cool place to see a concert? How tight are they inside, security wise, with the smoking situation? I am thinking about traveling from Louisiana for this show, any help would be great.

Napoleon
Old 05-31-2007, 08:28 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

Cape Girardeau, here we come!!! I am so excited because of the size of this venue, it looks awesome. I don't know if anyone has looked at the Show Me Center site, but it shows the view of the stage from every section. Pretty Cool. (http://www.showmecenter.biz/venue/west_seating.php) This is going to be my 8th show, and I feel it is going to be the best one yet. See you there, woo hoo!!!

Napoleon
Old 06-06-2007, 06:54 PM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

Is there anybody... out there??

Napoleon
Old 06-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

yeah.. doesn't seem many folks on this board will be attending this show, which kinda sucks.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:36 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

I just had an epiphany.....ok, well maybe not but it could be a good idea for someone that was thinking the same.

I have numerous tickets to the St.Louis show. Of course, I can't use them all. But I was thinking about going to the Cape show, so what about this.

Anyone want to trade some extra or unneeded tickets to the Cape show for the St.Louis show? What better way to see them yet again. I caught them in KC last September and would think it would great to see them in Cape and STL.

Anyone interested email me aechelon at charter (dot) net
Old 06-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

This show has not sold many but I got my tickets at 5:00pm May 11 when they went on sale sec. 106. I had the chance for floor seats but I do not like floor seating. I think they have not even sold the second layer yet. I just hope they don't cancel or postpone the show due to low ticket sales
Old 06-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #15

I will see everyone there... Just got my tickets today!!!

So it really does not look like there will be many people from TDN going to this show. Is anyone familiar with Cape Girardeau? I have never been, I will be making a 8 hr drive so that sucks but I will be sitting front fucking row for this show which is the shit. Floor Row A seats 3 and 4. Anyone planning on hitting one of the local pubs in town or something before hand? And please if you are going to this show please please do not do anything stupid. Be resepectful of the band and they will take care of us. Give lots and lots of energy also.

Last edited by Ross; 06-09-2007 at 09:01 AM..
Old 06-09-2007, 09:07 AM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

Next week can't get here fast enough. I am so excited about this venue and the fact that the show is going to be after Bonnaroo. I just think that they are going to be riding on cloud 9 after that, and then coupled with the intimacy of the Show Me Center; this provides the perfect formula for an excellent show.

Napoleon
Old 06-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #17

Tickets just came in the mail today, Floor Row A seats 3 and 4. Can't fucking wait!!!!!! Why is this thread so dead????
Old 06-15-2007, 09:56 AM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

I already have a ticket to the StL show, but on a whim I went to ticketmaster to see what they still had left for this show... I managed to get a seat in the fourth row on the floor! Needless to say, I couldn't pass that up.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:32 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

It should be a good show bc of the low ticket sales. When I saw them in KC last year for the mini warm up tour the small crowd of 3,000 rocked.

Last edited by Drizzle77; 06-16-2007 at 11:08 AM..
Old 06-16-2007, 11:44 PM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 27

review?
Old 06-17-2007, 12:03 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Amazing Show
Melt Banana was impressive. Definately better than I expected. Setlist: Jambi Stinkfist (extended) 46 & 2 Schism (exteneded) Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned Intension Intro/ Right in Two Break Wings for Marie/ 10,000 Days Lateralus (with extended drum solo with 2 guest drummers and guest guitarist from Melt Banana) Vicarious Maynard was talkative: "I have no idea where the fuck I am... Cape Girardeau?" "Phil why the fuck were you drumming on that last song? Must still be high from Bonaroo" "Thanks for your patience and support... We hope to see you again..? Uhh... oh yeah, Cape Girardeau" Great sound, AMAZING lights/lasers. Lateralus was definately the highlight. This was my 4th show Kansas City 5/11/06 - Memorial Hall Kansas City 10/18/06 - Kemper Arena Wichita 5/11/07 Cape Girardeau ... This was probably the second best show so far. Damn I'm tired... almost got busted by cops on the 4 hour drive home. We had to toss the weed... :(
Old 06-17-2007, 02:07 AM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

Awesome Show. Last time I saw them was in 01' in St. Louis (trying to get a ticket to next Saturdays show as well). ***, Melt Banana was horrible... nothing but noise. I was a little disappointed that we didn't get either Flood or Pushit, The Pot or Aenima. I would have gladly traded lost keys / right in two etc for some of the above. But the sound, percision (as always) and show was absolutely amazing.

One complaint. A guy near me lit up a cigarette at the beginning of stinkfist (only the second song). Some fat ass 'secutiry' guy came and kicked him out, just like that with no mercy. I think that's entirely uncalled for... what good is it going to do to kick the kid out? Just tell him to put it out and let him enjoy the show he paid money to see... ugh.

Hope to see you all Saturday in St. Louis. Hopefully we get Pushit
Old 06-17-2007, 08:48 AM   #23
Level 3 - Talker

I was surprised at how much I liked Melt Banana... but i'm a japanophile so it's to be expected i guess.

show was great. maynard was awesome, and hilarious when he couldn't remember where he was. i was shocked at how many seats were still available, because i figured that anyone who didn't get tix to the st. louis show would be there. guess i was wrong...

like last fall, i was semi-disappointed at the setlist. this was only my second time seeing them, and i'm a bigger fan of the older stuff. i'm still dying to see them play Opiate, Sober, Eulogy, Prison Sex, etc. and i'm doubting i'll ever be able to. but regardless, the show was great, and i've got a ticket to the St. louis show too.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:02 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

LAME ASS FUCKING CROWD

The band was AMAZING. I think they deserved way more support from the crowd. More than half the people in my section wouldn't even stand up, the cheering was pathetic, and the band didn't even get their deserved sea of lighters like the three previous shows i've been too. I don't blame the band for not playing anything out of the ordinary setlist. Cape Girardeau doesn't even know how fucking lucky they are to get two MAYNARD SCREAMS in Rosetta Stoned and MAYNARD DANCING throughout the entire show.

SORRY TOOL. Thank You for a Spectacular show though. Can't wait to see you in St. Louis.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:06 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

My first real rock concert experience with my favorite band. Lucky me. Doors opened up past 7. The opening act was Melt Banana. I did not care too much for this act thinking that it was pure noise with hardly any distinguishing vocal line. When they finally wrapped it up and the techs prepared for Tool, they must have gone on by 9 or a little after. Maynard greeted the crowd as Adam opened up with a familiar riff kicking off Jambi which they nailed almost perfectly. The whole setlist was very well done coupled with the visuals, the laser show, and the extended editions of some of their most noted songs. I was more than happy that they played Jambi and Right In Two. Even better was that they played Lateralus (favorite). I think my only critique would be that Maynard's vocals could have been turned up more at some points. Other than that...a great night!

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46 & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension (very short version)
Right In Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (laser show)
Lateralus (extended/drum solo)
Vicarious
Old 06-18-2007, 08:06 AM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Where to begin?...this was my secong time seeing Tool and it was awesome. The Show- Me Center is tiny and any seat would've been great. It was hard to imagine they were playing at such a small venue. I had row A seat 29, ..yes thats FRONT row!!! My seat was directly in front of adam and he was fantastic!! i never heard him miss a note! the rest of the band was badass too for that matter. Seeing them up close was a whole new experience: less mind altering substances (security in the front row is tight my friends) and the lights and lasers were pretty much insignificant for me because i had to turn around to see them, and why, when adam is 3 feet from me, would i wanna look at some lousy lights? I got some advice for you little buddies out there: front row isnt were you wanna be. It was an awesome experience once, but in my opinion, Tool is a band to get lost in, to experience, and visuals are a big part of that. So get a seat off the floor, but not too far back, away from security, and lose yourself in the lights and the band as a whole as they lurk in the shadows onstage. The mysteriousness of the band is better than knowing now that maynard wears designer jeans that probally cost $200 and danny wears a kobe bryant jersey! I know they're people like us, but Tool used to be a mystery, now i look at it differently. Overall, great show though. Vocals were WAY too quite, even in the front row they were drowned out. Song selection was good, but i wish they'd play something different for the fans. I've seen them twice, and i also have a ticket for the stl show, and they keep playing the same thing. Guys, give me some change,...PLease.

SETLIST 6-16-007
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Right In Two
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (w/ Melt Banana)
Vicarious

Dont hold me to all of that, but its what i remember. See ya in st louie!!!
One more thing, i recently read another guys thread about the audience and then another about security and i have to say i agree with both. The AUDIENCE was a let down. I was cheering my heart out, screaming, what have you, after songs and so forth, but when i looked back and half the crowd was sitting down!!!!! You should be ashamed. The band did deserve better. Im sure that won't help them come back, which is a shame (cool venue). And security kicked someone out on the first offense with a cigarette? Really? It doesnt surprise me, but are you sure it wasn't a joint? Anyway, STL will be 100% better i think. Cant wait!

Last edited by stltool; 06-18-2007 at 08:21 AM..
Old 06-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

pictures here:

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2007/06/tool_in_cape_girardeau.php

review to be posted in a couple of days.
great show!

-jaime
Old 06-18-2007, 12:19 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first Tool concert, and it was better than I could have ever imagined. I went with two other friends, both studying music, and they were absolutely amazed by what a great performance it was. I liked the small venue, but I was also disappointed with the crowd noise. I think that the crowd wasn't as loud as other venues because this was a much smaller crowd (roughly 5,000 people). Another thing that I noticed was that there was some older people in the crowd (40-50 year olds) and most of the older people around me weren't cheering as loud as I was. I personally lost my voice from yelling so much. This was definitely a great show, and has me pumped for the Scott Trade show. I have seats in the boxed seating section!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: