Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Alveolate's Avatar Alveolate
04-21-2006, 11:25 PM

I just thought of something. Remember a while back when the Parabola and Schism DVD's were the talk of the town? Remember the first album art pictures that were posted? They were all over Amazon and the net in general. But it turned out, this wasn't the cover art at all, it was actually the art for the cover of the book-let, not the cover itself.
Now, the art that has been released for 10,000 Days was never said to be the COVER art, just art for the album. Blair posted:

22 Mar 06
ALBUM MINI NOW ON AMAZON AND OTHERS

Some of you may have seen the album mini for Tool’s 10,000 Days on Amazon and on other sites that was posted ONE DAY after we showed it to you on this site (which is what we expected, and why we posted it when we did). Now that it’s out there for all to see, hopefully some of you who have been asking what exactly an album mini is might have a better idea. For those who still don’t know, it’s what a business (such as Amazon) uses to advertise a new product (such as the new Tool CD). Okay? Now, I can hear some of you saying to yourself: “But why does the image on Amazon and the other sites have the logo and album title superimposed over the artwork… when the image on the Tool websites doesn’t?” The answer is quite simple. Because Amazon and others need to include the band’s name and album title along with the artwork so that potential customers will know whose CD it is (don’t ask me why). With that said, the image that we posted on the Tool websites is how this piece of artwork will actually look with the packaging. However, we also wanted to give you a look at the new logo, so we placed it above the album mini. Okay?

Perhaps the 'album cover' floating around Amazon and Target and what-not ISN'T the actual Album Cover at all... just like the DVD's. But that would mean that the current cover art picture (http://theninhotline.net/toolnews/ar...ys_package.jpg) is actually a fake and fan-made; seeing as though the album art that was posted on toolband.com would be, according to blair, EXACTLY how it is (with NO text!).

Thoughts.

Last edited by Alveolate; 04-21-2006 at 11:30 PM..
Old 04-21-2006, 11:25 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Comment on the 'Cover Art'

I just thought of something. Remember a while back when the Parabola and Schism DVD's were the talk of the town? Remember the first album art pictures that were posted? They were all over Amazon and the net in general. But it turned out, this wasn't the cover art at all, it was actually the art for the cover of the book-let, not the cover itself.
Now, the art that has been released for 10,000 Days was never said to be the COVER art, just art for the album. Blair posted:

22 Mar 06
ALBUM MINI NOW ON AMAZON AND OTHERS

Some of you may have seen the album mini for Tool’s 10,000 Days on Amazon and on other sites that was posted ONE DAY after we showed it to you on this site (which is what we expected, and why we posted it when we did). Now that it’s out there for all to see, hopefully some of you who have been asking what exactly an album mini is might have a better idea. For those who still don’t know, it’s what a business (such as Amazon) uses to advertise a new product (such as the new Tool CD). Okay? Now, I can hear some of you saying to yourself: “But why does the image on Amazon and the other sites have the logo and album title superimposed over the artwork… when the image on the Tool websites doesn’t?” The answer is quite simple. Because Amazon and others need to include the band’s name and album title along with the artwork so that potential customers will know whose CD it is (don’t ask me why). With that said, the image that we posted on the Tool websites is how this piece of artwork will actually look with the packaging. However, we also wanted to give you a look at the new logo, so we placed it above the album mini. Okay?

Perhaps the 'album cover' floating around Amazon and Target and what-not ISN'T the actual Album Cover at all... just like the DVD's. But that would mean that the current cover art picture (http://theninhotline.net/toolnews/ar...ys_package.jpg) is actually a fake and fan-made; seeing as though the album art that was posted on toolband.com would be, according to blair, EXACTLY how it is (with NO text!).

Thoughts.

Last edited by Alveolate; 04-21-2006 at 11:30 PM..
OFFLINE |  
waffel
04-21-2006, 11:30 PM

No shit eh?
Old 04-21-2006, 11:30 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442
Re: Comment on the 'Cover Art'

No shit eh?
OFFLINE |  
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
04-22-2006, 09:07 AM

Ah Christ, just wait a goddamn week and we'll find out.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

Ah Christ, just wait a goddamn week and we'll find out.
04-22-2006, 09:17 AM

jesus, stop with all the conspiracy theories already. It's driving me nuts.
your all building yourself up and your gonna be dissappointed. plus with all these threads THAT ARE ALREADY MADE, your making the server VERY busy and it's making me fucking scream.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:17 AM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

jesus, stop with all the conspiracy theories already. It's driving me nuts.
your all building yourself up and your gonna be dissappointed. plus with all these threads THAT ARE ALREADY MADE, your making the server VERY busy and it's making me fucking scream.
OFFLINE |  
xineax
04-22-2006, 10:12 AM

It's not a fan fake. It is Alex Grey's "Net of Being." Still doesn't mean they could've had some other art on the outside...it's really only 10 days away, no need to conjecture...yay!
Old 04-22-2006, 10:12 AM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

It's not a fan fake. It is Alex Grey's "Net of Being." Still doesn't mean they could've had some other art on the outside...it's really only 10 days away, no need to conjecture...yay!
OFFLINE |  
etc43's Avatar etc43
04-22-2006, 11:18 AM

Look closely. The text is on a sticker. System of a Down's Hypnotize and Mezmerize came last year with no words on the front but stickers that said the name. It doesn't surprise me that 10,000 Days is like this, too.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:18 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Look closely. The text is on a sticker. System of a Down's Hypnotize and Mezmerize came last year with no words on the front but stickers that said the name. It doesn't surprise me that 10,000 Days is like this, too.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply