opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 08. Ticks and Leeches
User Name
Password
Old 06-11-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
Worst song of all time?

It's hilarious to me that Tool fans will quickly act defensive whenever one accuses the band of producing nu metal, while meanwhile this edgy, gay, tedious and garish piece of shit lies on their most critically acclaimed "album". Yes, this is nu metal, and bad nu metal at that. I honestly would rather listen to Korn than this drivel. One word I would use to describe this song is "sewer", yes it's smelly, seems to go on forever and is infested with the pests of horrid songwriting. Yes Maynard, some parasites do in fact "suck". Brilliant observation. This sounds like a rant straight out of the diary of that one pseudo intellectual kid in high school who won't shut the fuck up about how he's an atheist. Most nu metal songs are subtler than this lyrically, which is just plain sad for a band as supposedly "spiritual" and "eye opening" as Tool. And before you smugly either declare this to be "bait" or declare me to simply be a "contrarian" please provide a defense for this awful, awful song. Thank you.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:49 PM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Worst song of all time?

I like it because of the raw anger. Maynard is sick of "fans" telling him that he needs to hurry up with a new album. He feels as if these "fans" are sucking him dry.

"Is this what you wanted? Is this what you had in mind? Is this what you wanted? Cause this is what you're getting!"

I love songs that go into how the artist feels, which is why (don't hate me) I love bands like Korn and such.

I'm curious how you fancy the other Tool songs. I'm pretty sure this song is the only song Maynard does screamo for extended periods of time.

What exactly is wrong with this song in your opinion? Do you not like screamo? Is it just the lyrics you don't like?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: