opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 07-18-2007, 08:24 AM   #161
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

Yes
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:26 AM   #162
Level 1 - Lurker

Ticketmaster JUST set some orchestra tickets for tonight's show for sale! Last rows in 104 and 204. YES!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #163
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoe09 View Post
I'm gonna have to say The Pot and Right in two was The highlight of the show... the extended lateralus would of been but the other fucking drummer (melt-banana) sucked ass. Anyways heres to a kick ass playlist tonight!
Thats true, Right In Two definitley owned live that night. And the drummer of Melt Banana did suck in Lateralus, but hey heres to the Big Business drummer and his attempt tonight!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #164
Level 2 - Poster

How much of a jackass will I be if I bring a poncho?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:03 AM   #165
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post
If you do, make sure it is black and says TOOL on it hahaha.

9/28/06 Camden
10/06/06 East Rutherford
7/18/07 Holmdel
2/01/12 East Rutherford
Old 07-18-2007, 10:05 AM   #166
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
being a jackass at a tool concert is a highly relatve thing....
Old 07-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #167
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadgar346 View Post
yes, unless they decide they want to squeeze a few more in before they go across the pond
well i was asking because on Big business's website they said concert tour with tool and and it had a couple more after todays day

check it out: http://www.bigbigbusiness.com/

Maybe its their mistake
Old 07-18-2007, 10:10 AM   #168
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Are you gonna be in the lawn?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #169
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTooled View Post
Ticketmaster JUST set some orchestra tickets for tonight's show for sale! Last rows in 104 and 204. YES!
Liar. they only have lawn, I do have a seat in 302, already but that would be nice to be in 104.

9/28/06 Camden
10/06/06 East Rutherford
7/18/07 Holmdel
2/01/12 East Rutherford
Old 07-18-2007, 10:12 AM   #170
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90hoursleep View Post
Thats true, Right In Two definitley owned live that night. And the drummer of Melt Banana did suck in Lateralus, but hey heres to the Big Business drummer and his attempt tonight!
Hopefully they do some kinda call and answer thing like they did in AC and maybe he'll be somewhat alright.

Oh and heres to right in two and pushit
+
Aenema (to make arkham happy)
Old 07-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #171
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

Quote:
Hopefully they do some kinda call and answer thing like they did in AC and maybe he'll be somewhat alright.

Oh and heres to right in two and pushit
+
Aenema (to make arkham happy)
Haha thank you Echoe, maybe a rain dance will make it all come true.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 07-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #172
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i wouldn't mind because im underneath the covered area.. your gonna have to coordinate with the lawn people for that one.. or atleast buy them all ponchos and spray paint tool on the back
Old 07-18-2007, 10:57 AM   #173
On Probation

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
well i was asking because on Big business's website they said concert tour with tool and and it had a couple more after todays day

check it out: http://www.bigbigbusiness.com/

Maybe its their mistake

Big Buisness will continue their personal tour, not as an opening band but headliner just fyi

only 4 hours untill doors!
Old 07-18-2007, 12:34 PM   #174
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadgar346 View Post
Big Buisness will continue their personal tour, not as an opening band but headliner just fyi

only 4 hours untill doors!
ok. thanks.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #175
Level 7 - Loquacious

hey anyone listening to the Tool thing on K-rock now? What have they been playing?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #176
Level 3 - Talker

they've been playing just regular songs probably ones that tool chose though. they are also giving away a bunch of front row seats which is pretty cool
Old 07-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #177
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

They've been playing some songs that Justin said are his personal picks, immediately followed by, like, Green Day and My Chemical Romance songs. So I wonder if they're interspersing their own regular playlist with what he came up with.

Anyway, a minute ago he mentioned that you guys might get a couple surprises tonight...
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
Old 07-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #178
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

faceless drone thanks for that info now I'm like 13x more excited for tonight
Old 07-19-2007, 01:21 PM   #179
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

No pushit =[
Old 07-19-2007, 07:09 PM   #180
Level 2 - Poster

Hi all, just commenting on the show last night. I've seen Tool live around 20x, since 1993, 3x this tour alone and I have to say it was the least attractive show.
I cant bash it too much, they were tight, but the radio friendly set lists are fucking killing me. Flood was the highlight, Lateralus was simply perfect as well, nothing from Opiate, no Right In Two, no Pot. Do the fans need to see Stinkfist live yet again? Cant dig into the archives one iota? I guess thats my issue, i've seen them too many times.
Is it just me who feels this way?
Oh they sounded great btw.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:07 AM   #181

I posted this in the review section then realized it would probably get deleted...

This was my 13th tool show....

What is there to say?

I saw the Lateralus tour 4 times (one show in London at the Brixton), 10,000 days 9 times (Coachella/Bonnaroo) etc.

I just don't know....I'm torn.

The show was great...TOOL ALWAYS IS...I try to keep in mind when complaining that I would rather see Tool on their worst night then pretty much most other bands on their best ( a few exceptions to this I guess). Anyways...

Sort of freaking bummed that there was ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO set list change from the Reading Show....come on??? I mean really...all I wanted was to see Pushit....9 f'in shows and i still missed it. I mean really??????? WTF...

Its a love hate thing....just like Bonnaroo...great show but they cut their set list SO much earlier then the slot they were billed for. Last night...how much harder is it to just add ONE MORE SONG! I mean holy shit.

I won't even go into it anymore then that...I DID have a great time as always, I try to remain positive.

Oh except for this...

FUCK MEATHEAD TOOL FANS. So to make a long story short. We pull in...we park. We're sitting there for mabye 25 mintues chilling out in the car just relaxing with our eyes closed (my girl and I) when a guy (in A PERFECT CIRCLE SHIRT mind you) walks up and taps on my window. He procedes to tell me "oh we were supposed to hold a spot for our friends like a while ago and we forgot so I'm gonna go find another place for you to park" at which point I politely tell him the lot has filled up, i ain't moving. He walks about 10 feet away looks around, sees no spots, then comes back and taps on the window to say "your gonna have to move our friends will be here in a while and they're gonna park here". I again tell him I'm not moving (at this point the lots full beyond my line of site alllll the way to the end of our section). He tells me that "we'll have to compromise" then procedes to walk infront of our car where he and 15 of his buddies and their girls are tailgating and slamming beers. He calls some girl over, they whisper, then she starts walking to my girlfriends side of the car, opens the car door next to us, and starts acting like she's looking for something while pushing her car door into my girlfriends car. My girl is like "excuse me, what are you doing?" while the girl ignores her. Meanwhile, a dude in a wife beater (the biggest guy there, looked like a pro wrestler) comes over and "trips" and lands on the hood of our car and spills his beer on it. My girlfriend gives him the finger and he gets up and throws his hands up and says "you got a fucking problem?" to my girlfriend. You have to imagine how this looks. My girlfriend is 5' 4" and about 105 pounds, this guys is easily 6' 3" and 250. As my blood is raging to the point I start to contemplate exiting the car and stabbing people in the fucking eye with a pen one by one I come to my senses and tell her to just move the car. I knew for sure events would play out this way...Id get out of the car and no matter how people I could fight first I would eventually end up jumped/and or in jail once the cops arrived (at the very least probably miss the tool show) or that even if we ingored them and left to go to the show they would probably smash a window out or key our car (which had my laptop in it and an expensive guitar). It took so long for me to return to feeling ok again, to bring my bloodpressure back down. I'm one of the most easy going positive people you could meet. I hate the fact that people like that live, breathe, and breed. I also despise they show up at events I think are extrememly positive and spiritual to shotgun beers and mosh during wings for marie...I'm 100000% sure THESE are the fans that Tool hates that they have.

Sorry for the long post...I just had to vent that....

It's funny cause I did trip my face off at the show and ended up having a blast with some great friends! I didn't have any tickets when we showed up, all they had was lawn, but I kept checking back for any new releases and ended up scoring tickets in 102 row r!!!!!!!! How freaking lucky? Made me feel all better....whats even funnier is after the show while I was with all the people I met up with and we were tripping balls, I found a huge brick and it took some serious restraint not to walk right over to where they were parked and smash out their windshield. I do believe in Karma though and decided to be the better person. I haven't been that mad for 10 years....since I got into my last fight in highschool.

PS I do agree about people leaving. Right after the 3rd song, our row cleared out so we had about 6 seats around us that never got used from then on and 4 seats that never got sat the entire show.....some of our friends were on the lawn too, which really sucked!
Old 07-20-2007, 09:30 AM   #182
Level 2 - Poster

Wow, what a bunch of zero's! Sorry you and your girl had to go through with that, you did the right thing though.
I'm not sure why they have a set, set list like that. It isn't like it was back on the Aenima tour thats for sure, I guess they're just tired of touring. Maynard was hardly animated and looked as if he was just going through the motions. No one can tell me otherwise, this show was mediocre. Way to loud and distorted in the 8th row as well.
Good to be there though.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:45 PM   #183
Level 7 - Loquacious

Maybe the guys are just getting older? Maybe its harder for Maynard to sing a wider variety of songs? Who knows.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #184
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzsleepzzz View Post
Meanwhile, a dude in a wife beater (the biggest guy there, looked like a pro wrestler) comes over and "trips" and lands on the hood of our car and spills his beer on it. My girlfriend gives him the finger and he gets up and throws his hands up and says "you got a fucking problem?" to my girlfriend. You have to imagine how this looks. My girlfriend is 5' 4" and about 105 pounds, this guys is easily 6' 3" and 250.
I think I saw this guy after the show. He was muddy, drunk, and stumbling out of the venue. He looked similar to Dolph Lundgren - blonde hair, crew cut, tanned and a bodybuilder's physique. This guy was huge and must have been on steroids. If that's the guy, then your girlfriend must have some huge balls, figuratively of course.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:37 PM   #185
Level 7 - Loquacious

Sorry, Jersey. They blew their collective wad in Boston. Listening to the boot for Mansfield right now and it doesn't get any better than this. The Madison Square Garden shows in the fall will be better for you all.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:04 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice5199 View Post
I think I saw this guy after the show. He was muddy, drunk, and stumbling out of the venue. He looked similar to Dolph Lundgren - blonde hair, crew cut, tanned and a bodybuilder's physique. This guy was huge and must have been on steroids. If that's the guy, then your girlfriend must have some huge balls, figuratively of course.
OMG That is EXACTLY who it was.....thats so funny i just laughed my ass off...

he DID look exactly like Dolph Lundgren! That's hilarious....
Old 07-21-2007, 06:01 AM   #187
Banned.

Bincount™: 1

What's up guys just wanted to post a couple of comments about the show and see if anyone had a similar experience. First off the stage show, visuals, lasers and Maynard's energy were all amazing. I especially enjoyed the whole drum off during lateralus. Now the sound I thought was awful. I was in the 300 section I heard barely any vocals and the rhythm section was completely distorted. Granted i've been to only 2 concerts my entire life and maybe this is just how an outdoor venue is but man did it sound like shit. I can only assume that this is not how they typically sound live because i've seen videos on youtube that sound %200 better. If this is the case i guess i won't be seeing them the next time they come around. I hope and pray that this is just a simple case of bad eq or shitty venue and that this is not what to expect when seeing Tool live.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #188
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Did anyone manage to get deacent pictures of this show?
Old 07-22-2007, 07:11 AM   #189
Level 2 - Poster

Agreed Josh, tons of distortion. NO it's not supposed to sound like that, APC was impecable when they played there.
I'll be a little weary to see any more of this tour if the set list doesn't change.
But i'll probably be at every show.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzsleepzzz View Post
OMG That is EXACTLY who it was.....thats so funny i just laughed my ass off...

he DID look exactly like Dolph Lundgren! That's hilarious....
Ha, so that was the guy!

It's unfortunate that you had this experience. I hope to see like-minded individuals at a Tool concert, but many of the people that go seem to be looking for a mindless release.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:25 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshenstein View Post
I was in the 300 section I heard barely any vocals and the rhythm section was completely distorted. Granted i've been to only 2 concerts my entire life and maybe this is just how an outdoor venue is but man did it sound like shit. I can only assume that this is not how they typically sound live because i've seen videos on youtube that sound %200 better. If this is the case i guess i won't be seeing them the next time they come around. I hope and pray that this is just a simple case of bad eq or shitty venue and that this is not what to expect when seeing Tool live.
I had a similar opinion about the sound from section 402. I thought I was in a dead spot, but it appears people in other sections had the same observation. The sound at PNC was less clear than the other 2 Tool concerts I attended (Continental & Boardwalk Hall). Maybe it had something to do with the outdoor venue, but I heard many positive comments about the sound quality at Bonnaroo.

Based on my experience and what I've read about other concerts, Maynard's vocals have consistently been a tad low in the mix. If you know the lyrics, this isn't a big issue. However, his vocals were less clear and lower in volume at PNC than at previous concerts I attended.

In general, Justin's bass play often produces very low tones that can be felt more than heard by the average listener. I recommend listening to TOOLbassplayer on Youtube, assuming you haven't. This may help identify the bass sounds better if you decide to go to another concert. That being said, the rhythm section sound was less clear at PNC than at the previous concerts I attended.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: