Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Apr-July 2007
User Name
Password
Chris_Brightwell's Avatar Chris_Brightwell
06-18-2007, 12:44 PM

setlist tba

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
meh.

Bincount™: 1074
2007/06/16 - Cape Girardeau, MO - Show Me Center

setlist tba

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.
PanamaRed's Avatar PanamaRed
06-18-2007, 01:49 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46 & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended)
Vicarious

The trip to Cape Girardeau was worth it for me. I finally got to see Right In Two after chasing them around the country. What a cool place to see Tool at this stage of their career (reminded me of a high school gym). The drum jam during Lateralus was AWESOME and the extended Stinkfist was one of my favorites of the night, even though I have seen it played 8 times now. All in all, I had a great time and I hope that I will be lucky enough to witness the greatest band of my generation one more time.

Napoleon
Old 06-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/16 - Cape Girardeau, MO - Show Me Center

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46 & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended)
Vicarious

The trip to Cape Girardeau was worth it for me. I finally got to see Right In Two after chasing them around the country. What a cool place to see Tool at this stage of their career (reminded me of a high school gym). The drum jam during Lateralus was AWESOME and the extended Stinkfist was one of my favorites of the night, even though I have seen it played 8 times now. All in all, I had a great time and I hope that I will be lucky enough to witness the greatest band of my generation one more time.

Napoleon
OFFLINE |  
O.G.T.92's Avatar O.G.T.92
06-18-2007, 05:15 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist (Ext.)
46&2
Schism (Ext.)
Lost Keys/ Rosetta Stoned
Right in two
Wings 1 & 2
Lateralus (Ext. w/ melt banana)
Vicarious

I think this is the right set list. Could be wrong order. I walked in as Melt Banana was doing their last song. I didn't like them and I got a feeling all their other songs sounded pretty much as bad as the last one.
The crowd was surprisingly great! No fights or disturbances as far as I could see, very respectful to the band. I had 8th row floor at Justin's end.
Maynard made fun of Cape Girardeau saying "I don't know where the fuck I am......(looked at piece of paper)..... Cape Girardeau....... I'm still looking for an ocean". Later on he said good bye and made a point of needing to look at the paper again. When melt banana left the stage Maynard said each of their names and said one of them must still be stoned from Bonnaroo.
The vocals were mixed WAY down, which must be intentional as a lot of other reviews say the same thing. I like them being down on the album a little bit, but he still sounds great and should probably turn it up a little.
The guys from melt banana came out during Lateralus and did their thing. Was actually impressed with what they added, as Danny and their drummer went back and forth with drum fills.
The roadies setting up the stage between songs were dressed in surgical uniforms and masks.
The last thing I expected to like was the lasers, but they were good and added just the right ambience for the songs.
As far as how the band played they were very good. The timing on a few songs missed a measure or two, but only for a second, barely noticeable. Maynard went through the first part of Rosetta Stoned so fast there was a lot of time left over before the changes, but i'm not gonna complain about it. The last verse of Vicarious he held the mic out to the crowd up until "Much better you than I" which he sang himself.
Reading reviews this tour I've thought they should probably throw in another song, maybe something short from opiate or undertow, but being there, I really would have felt bad asking them to do another song. Of course the more the better, but they give you your money's worth no doubt about it. Gonna see them next weekend in St. Louis. Hoping for pushit or Aenima. Interested to see how the show will change in a larger venue.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 42

Jambi
Stinkfist (Ext.)
46&2
Schism (Ext.)
Lost Keys/ Rosetta Stoned
Right in two
Wings 1 & 2
Lateralus (Ext. w/ melt banana)
Vicarious

I think this is the right set list. Could be wrong order. I walked in as Melt Banana was doing their last song. I didn't like them and I got a feeling all their other songs sounded pretty much as bad as the last one.
The crowd was surprisingly great! No fights or disturbances as far as I could see, very respectful to the band. I had 8th row floor at Justin's end.
Maynard made fun of Cape Girardeau saying "I don't know where the fuck I am......(looked at piece of paper)..... Cape Girardeau....... I'm still looking for an ocean". Later on he said good bye and made a point of needing to look at the paper again. When melt banana left the stage Maynard said each of their names and said one of them must still be stoned from Bonnaroo.
The vocals were mixed WAY down, which must be intentional as a lot of other reviews say the same thing. I like them being down on the album a little bit, but he still sounds great and should probably turn it up a little.
The guys from melt banana came out during Lateralus and did their thing. Was actually impressed with what they added, as Danny and their drummer went back and forth with drum fills.
The roadies setting up the stage between songs were dressed in surgical uniforms and masks.
The last thing I expected to like was the lasers, but they were good and added just the right ambience for the songs.
As far as how the band played they were very good. The timing on a few songs missed a measure or two, but only for a second, barely noticeable. Maynard went through the first part of Rosetta Stoned so fast there was a lot of time left over before the changes, but i'm not gonna complain about it. The last verse of Vicarious he held the mic out to the crowd up until "Much better you than I" which he sang himself.
Reading reviews this tour I've thought they should probably throw in another song, maybe something short from opiate or undertow, but being there, I really would have felt bad asking them to do another song. Of course the more the better, but they give you your money's worth no doubt about it. Gonna see them next weekend in St. Louis. Hoping for pushit or Aenima. Interested to see how the show will change in a larger venue.
OFFLINE |  
erkee
06-18-2007, 05:34 PM

Well – I guess I should start by saying that this is the 4th time I have seen them this tour... Dallas, The Gorge, SA, and here... SA left me with a bitter taste - left me being greedy and wanting more... but I still enjoyed myself... but Saturday 's show in Cape Girardeau was what I needed to cap off the last time I will be able to see them for some time…

We were on the right side of the stage when facing it, about 10 rows away and 10 rows up… 123 Row H seats 1-4.

I was worried about the C.G. show due to the bitterness I had from the SA show and the fact that they played Bonnaroo the night before. Right when we got to our seats and saw how close we were though, things started to convince me otherwise … plus the venue probably only held about 3k people tops (if that).

Another good sign… I got one of Maynard 's " Puscifer" business cards from what looked like one of his models on his site … she walked right by us and my buddy went up to her and asked if he could get one for me.

Then they come out on stage… and they look like they're in really good moods… Maynard was a lot more talkative than usual. And from where we were sitting, it looked like he was looking right at us the whole time… we could see the bands faces clear as day.

Exact setlist of SA, but the sound was soooo much better than SA – and they played Vicarious which they left out of SA' s set… holy f*ckin $hit… the laser show on those last songs were incredible… it looked like it formed a big web over the whole crowd…

My moment:
There was a time during the instrumental break in Lateralus that I felt like Maynard was looking at us and then the weirdest thing, every little thing I was doing with my arms, he seemed to do right after I started doing it… most likely wasn't happening that way in reality, but it felt that way to me and is a moment I wont ever forget… I felt completely connected to my favorite band and the music they played.

I am glad my sister got to see them in true form. My only regret for this show was that all my friends that went with me to the SA show couldn't see it… I wish they all could have seen this show…

Until my next Tool experience…

Thanks Tool!
Old 06-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Well – I guess I should start by saying that this is the 4th time I have seen them this tour... Dallas, The Gorge, SA, and here... SA left me with a bitter taste - left me being greedy and wanting more... but I still enjoyed myself... but Saturday 's show in Cape Girardeau was what I needed to cap off the last time I will be able to see them for some time…

We were on the right side of the stage when facing it, about 10 rows away and 10 rows up… 123 Row H seats 1-4.

I was worried about the C.G. show due to the bitterness I had from the SA show and the fact that they played Bonnaroo the night before. Right when we got to our seats and saw how close we were though, things started to convince me otherwise … plus the venue probably only held about 3k people tops (if that).

Another good sign… I got one of Maynard 's " Puscifer" business cards from what looked like one of his models on his site … she walked right by us and my buddy went up to her and asked if he could get one for me.

Then they come out on stage… and they look like they're in really good moods… Maynard was a lot more talkative than usual. And from where we were sitting, it looked like he was looking right at us the whole time… we could see the bands faces clear as day.

Exact setlist of SA, but the sound was soooo much better than SA – and they played Vicarious which they left out of SA' s set… holy f*ckin $hit… the laser show on those last songs were incredible… it looked like it formed a big web over the whole crowd…

My moment:
There was a time during the instrumental break in Lateralus that I felt like Maynard was looking at us and then the weirdest thing, every little thing I was doing with my arms, he seemed to do right after I started doing it… most likely wasn't happening that way in reality, but it felt that way to me and is a moment I wont ever forget… I felt completely connected to my favorite band and the music they played.

I am glad my sister got to see them in true form. My only regret for this show was that all my friends that went with me to the SA show couldn't see it… I wish they all could have seen this show…

Until my next Tool experience…

Thanks Tool!
OFFLINE |  
pee
06-18-2007, 08:13 PM

a show in my home town. you can't beat that with a stick. it was a great show maynard was great with the whole where am i thing. i was in row q on the floor and it was a great view. well the hippie chick that was doing all this crazy shit with her hads was getting on my nerves. this was my 2nd show this tour and now i'm off to st louis this friday. i can't wait i hope to hear either pushit or flood.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #5
pee
Level 1 - Lurker

a show in my home town. you can't beat that with a stick. it was a great show maynard was great with the whole where am i thing. i was in row q on the floor and it was a great view. well the hippie chick that was doing all this crazy shit with her hads was getting on my nerves. this was my 2nd show this tour and now i'm off to st louis this friday. i can't wait i hope to hear either pushit or flood.
OFFLINE |  
toolband46and2
06-18-2007, 08:33 PM

First of all, the venue was awesome for TOOL, very intimate!! We were sitting in row BB seats 31 and 32 and what a view!!! I was hoping for pushit but oh well, we still have STL and Chicago. Maynard seemed much more talkative then from what I ve heard in his past shows. Security was a bit anal, but hey someones got to keep the knuckel heads under control! My 7th Tool show and still Im speechless! MUSIC SOUNDED PERFECT ! THANK YOU TOOL for an amazing experience! See you guys in st louis!
Old 06-18-2007, 08:33 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

First of all, the venue was awesome for TOOL, very intimate!! We were sitting in row BB seats 31 and 32 and what a view!!! I was hoping for pushit but oh well, we still have STL and Chicago. Maynard seemed much more talkative then from what I ve heard in his past shows. Security was a bit anal, but hey someones got to keep the knuckel heads under control! My 7th Tool show and still Im speechless! MUSIC SOUNDED PERFECT ! THANK YOU TOOL for an amazing experience! See you guys in st louis!
OFFLINE |  
Kreap
06-18-2007, 10:14 PM

LAME ASS FUCKING CROWD

The band was AMAZING. I think they deserved way more support from the crowd. More than half the people in my section wouldn't even stand up, the cheering was pathetic, and the band didn't even get their deserved sea of lighters like the three previous shows i've been too. I don't blame the band for not playing anything out of the ordinary setlist. Cape Girardeau doesn't even know how fucking lucky they are to get two MAYNARD SCREAMS in Rosetta Stoned and MAYNARD DANCING throughout the entire show.

SORRY TOOL. Thank You for a Spectacular show though. Can't wait to see you in St. Louis.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:14 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

LAME ASS FUCKING CROWD

The band was AMAZING. I think they deserved way more support from the crowd. More than half the people in my section wouldn't even stand up, the cheering was pathetic, and the band didn't even get their deserved sea of lighters like the three previous shows i've been too. I don't blame the band for not playing anything out of the ordinary setlist. Cape Girardeau doesn't even know how fucking lucky they are to get two MAYNARD SCREAMS in Rosetta Stoned and MAYNARD DANCING throughout the entire show.

SORRY TOOL. Thank You for a Spectacular show though. Can't wait to see you in St. Louis.
OFFLINE |  
Enphrared
06-19-2007, 04:10 AM

Great venue for this band!! I thought the crowd was fairly decent to be honest. I sat directly behind the sound board and had the best view in the house imo!! Third show this tour. Did KC and Wichita earlier on. Thought this place was the best overall. Setlist in KC was better, but everyone complains about that because everyone wants to hear every damn song live. LOL.

I thought it was great to hear Maynard talk to the crowd. The other shows we didn't get much out of him. Security were the worst assholes ever. I got my lil video camera in. Got Jambi on film and half of Stinkfist til douchebag tried to take my camera away. He radioed for backup and I hauled ass down the row and hid for about 2-3 songs worth while they searched. Talk about bullshit. Hearing about ppl getting tossed for lighting up a cigarette too. That was the worse part of the trip.

Anyways, I would definately make it back to that place if Tool played there again. Perfect sized venue for that. Laser show was visually engulfing, mezmerizing, and sort of got you emotional/pumped up. Loved it!!
Old 06-19-2007, 04:10 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Great venue for this band!! I thought the crowd was fairly decent to be honest. I sat directly behind the sound board and had the best view in the house imo!! Third show this tour. Did KC and Wichita earlier on. Thought this place was the best overall. Setlist in KC was better, but everyone complains about that because everyone wants to hear every damn song live. LOL.

I thought it was great to hear Maynard talk to the crowd. The other shows we didn't get much out of him. Security were the worst assholes ever. I got my lil video camera in. Got Jambi on film and half of Stinkfist til douchebag tried to take my camera away. He radioed for backup and I hauled ass down the row and hid for about 2-3 songs worth while they searched. Talk about bullshit. Hearing about ppl getting tossed for lighting up a cigarette too. That was the worse part of the trip.

Anyways, I would definately make it back to that place if Tool played there again. Perfect sized venue for that. Laser show was visually engulfing, mezmerizing, and sort of got you emotional/pumped up. Loved it!!
06-19-2007, 08:53 AM

Yeah the security were dicks, I also ran after some fat bitch tried to kick me out for smokin, Ill be damned if i get kicked out of a TOOL show. I ended up much closer to the stage. Security needs to lighten up, its a concert not a school event! Anyways TOOL rocked!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:53 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Yeah the security were dicks, I also ran after some fat bitch tried to kick me out for smokin, Ill be damned if i get kicked out of a TOOL show. I ended up much closer to the stage. Security needs to lighten up, its a concert not a school event! Anyways TOOL rocked!
OFFLINE |  
Toolfan#1's Avatar Toolfan#1
06-19-2007, 09:34 AM

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
46 and Two
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings for marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

That is the setlist to the best of my memory. My Third Tool show and it was incredible. The excact same setlist as 5/12/07 in Council Bluffs but it still kicked major ass Maynard was getting into the music very intense. Justin was rocking out as usual, Danny was spot on and the Melt Banana drummers were dragging him down during the duet. Adam looked like he was focused to no end but never the less ripped the gutair parts. It still amazes me how he can keep time in Jambi the Talk Box solo kicked ass
Old 06-19-2007, 09:34 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
46 and Two
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings for marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

That is the setlist to the best of my memory. My Third Tool show and it was incredible. The excact same setlist as 5/12/07 in Council Bluffs but it still kicked major ass Maynard was getting into the music very intense. Justin was rocking out as usual, Danny was spot on and the Melt Banana drummers were dragging him down during the duet. Adam looked like he was focused to no end but never the less ripped the gutair parts. It still amazes me how he can keep time in Jambi the Talk Box solo kicked ass
06-19-2007, 03:29 PM

Alrighty then, this was my 4th show, 3rd since May 11. Sat front row seat 3 right in front of Justin. I have had mixed feelings about this show, it was awesome to see the band from the front row an experience I will never ever forget. With that being said I was a little disappointed about the setlist I was really hoping for Pushit but I am not going to bitch about it because Right in Two kicked fucking ass. I thoughtas a whole they were better in the OKC when I seen them there. Maybe I am the only one who felt this but I kinda thought Maynard lost interest during Schism, the show was going so good till Schism. Now I am not saying the show sucked after Schism just thought MJK lost interest. I was really surprised to see Adam so into the show so early. Past experiences seeing the band, Adam doesn't start grooving till later in the show. But right when Jambi kicked off he looked like he was really enjoying it and getting into it. First time to see a Tool show from the right side (Justin's side) and was really impressed by both Justin and Danny. I really do not think I need to comment on Danny's performance the man is FOCUSED. I will say that I do like to watch the show from in the seats, front row was awesome it really felt like you were connected to the band on a personal level. Like I said earlier something I will NEVER EVER forget, truly amazing. But watching the show from the seats is better in my opinion. Get to see more of the laser show and visuals from an elevated seat. But it was a great show even thought I felt MJK lost interest. Extended Stinkfist is fucking awesome. And oh yea I know some people behind my buddy and I were really pist when the show was over and MJK threw his water bottle and you guys probably thought you were going to get it till my buddy hoped on his chair and snatched it out of mid air hahahahhahahahahahahahaha. That was hilarious, the look on their face was priceless. And the to the stupid fuck with the laser pointer, LEAVE THAT SHIT AT HOME.

Last edited by Ross; 06-19-2007 at 06:07 PM..
Old 06-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Alrighty then, this was my 4th show, 3rd since May 11. Sat front row seat 3 right in front of Justin. I have had mixed feelings about this show, it was awesome to see the band from the front row an experience I will never ever forget. With that being said I was a little disappointed about the setlist I was really hoping for Pushit but I am not going to bitch about it because Right in Two kicked fucking ass. I thoughtas a whole they were better in the OKC when I seen them there. Maybe I am the only one who felt this but I kinda thought Maynard lost interest during Schism, the show was going so good till Schism. Now I am not saying the show sucked after Schism just thought MJK lost interest. I was really surprised to see Adam so into the show so early. Past experiences seeing the band, Adam doesn't start grooving till later in the show. But right when Jambi kicked off he looked like he was really enjoying it and getting into it. First time to see a Tool show from the right side (Justin's side) and was really impressed by both Justin and Danny. I really do not think I need to comment on Danny's performance the man is FOCUSED. I will say that I do like to watch the show from in the seats, front row was awesome it really felt like you were connected to the band on a personal level. Like I said earlier something I will NEVER EVER forget, truly amazing. But watching the show from the seats is better in my opinion. Get to see more of the laser show and visuals from an elevated seat. But it was a great show even thought I felt MJK lost interest. Extended Stinkfist is fucking awesome. And oh yea I know some people behind my buddy and I were really pist when the show was over and MJK threw his water bottle and you guys probably thought you were going to get it till my buddy hoped on his chair and snatched it out of mid air hahahahhahahahahahahahaha. That was hilarious, the look on their face was priceless. And the to the stupid fuck with the laser pointer, LEAVE THAT SHIT AT HOME.

Last edited by Ross; 06-19-2007 at 06:07 PM..
OFFLINE |  
TOOL_Rules
06-19-2007, 06:19 PM

Erkee, we were in the row in front of you, albeit at the other end. They sure were great seats and I liked the venue a lot. It sounded very good and Maynard could always be louder, but it didn't detract from the great show. Cape will never see anything like that again and I thought the crowd was fairly responsive for folks that have never experienced anything like a TOOL show. Given that they were 24 hours removed from what I am sure was a draining (KILLER) set at Bonnaroo, it was very much an excellent night. The show is incredible and, even though we didn't get Flood or Pushit or Swamp Song or Aenema, it was still a kick ass two-hour show in the middle of nowhere Missouri (Columbia must have not had a venues available for them?). Danny is a monster as always, Maynard was very much into it (he had some funny lines as already stated in other reviews), Adam was as focused as I have ever seen him and Justin is just....well the best bass player they could have ever recruited as Paul's replacement. Awesome show, 6th one on this tour, 15th overall I believe dating back to 1993, and they just keep getting better. How is that possible? Can't wait for a movie, live DVD, or whatever is next. Because there is definitely more to come. My bet is sooner than 2011. Peace TOOL, thanks for another great show, and see you in St. Louis on Friday with 20K screaming fans ready to inspire the shit out of you.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #12
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Erkee, we were in the row in front of you, albeit at the other end. They sure were great seats and I liked the venue a lot. It sounded very good and Maynard could always be louder, but it didn't detract from the great show. Cape will never see anything like that again and I thought the crowd was fairly responsive for folks that have never experienced anything like a TOOL show. Given that they were 24 hours removed from what I am sure was a draining (KILLER) set at Bonnaroo, it was very much an excellent night. The show is incredible and, even though we didn't get Flood or Pushit or Swamp Song or Aenema, it was still a kick ass two-hour show in the middle of nowhere Missouri (Columbia must have not had a venues available for them?). Danny is a monster as always, Maynard was very much into it (he had some funny lines as already stated in other reviews), Adam was as focused as I have ever seen him and Justin is just....well the best bass player they could have ever recruited as Paul's replacement. Awesome show, 6th one on this tour, 15th overall I believe dating back to 1993, and they just keep getting better. How is that possible? Can't wait for a movie, live DVD, or whatever is next. Because there is definitely more to come. My bet is sooner than 2011. Peace TOOL, thanks for another great show, and see you in St. Louis on Friday with 20K screaming fans ready to inspire the shit out of you.
06-20-2007, 08:45 AM

I drove all the way from Kansas City to the good ol' town of Cape Girardeau. This was my third concert on this tour and by far Kemper Arena was the best. I guess I was really disappointed by the crowd, security, and venue. People seemed not quite into the show from where I was sitting in section 120. The setlist needs to change and I think the tour is getting a little long in the tooth for them. None the less they played their hearts out. My theory is they're touring so much that the lay off between albums will again be 4 to 5 years away. Again, just a theory. I did hear today that TOOL is possibly doing a movie together where all band members are actively involved equally. That would be interesting. Thanks TOOL.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:45 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

I drove all the way from Kansas City to the good ol' town of Cape Girardeau. This was my third concert on this tour and by far Kemper Arena was the best. I guess I was really disappointed by the crowd, security, and venue. People seemed not quite into the show from where I was sitting in section 120. The setlist needs to change and I think the tour is getting a little long in the tooth for them. None the less they played their hearts out. My theory is they're touring so much that the lay off between albums will again be 4 to 5 years away. Again, just a theory. I did hear today that TOOL is possibly doing a movie together where all band members are actively involved equally. That would be interesting. Thanks TOOL.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply