Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
Nong's Avatar Nong
04-10-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake_bergeron View Post
i don't think so man... it seems to me to be no more than 6 syllables... maybe 'cut light all right in two'... i can maybe hear that...
Listen towards the end where he sings it higher and clearer. Sounds to me he is saying cutting. Also I hear 8 syllables.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:49 PM   #1121
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 10 - Right In Two lyrics

Quote:
i don't think so man... it seems to me to be no more than 6 syllables... maybe 'cut light all right in two'... i can maybe hear that...
Listen towards the end where he sings it higher and clearer. Sounds to me he is saying cutting. Also I hear 8 syllables.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
blake_bergeron
04-10-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nong View Post
i'm not hearing it man... maybe later...
Old 04-10-2008, 06:09 PM   #1122

Bincount™: 58

Quote:
i'm not hearing it man... maybe later...
cade_nce's Avatar cade_nce
04-11-2008, 01:38 AM

After 6 months, I still have yet to read why the final line in the chorus isn't

"They fight til they die over wars, over lies and greed."

That makes infinitely more sense than anything involving writing or whatever the hell has been mentioned here, and it takes care of all the "syllables" that haven't been accounted for in others' suggestions.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:38 AM   #1123
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 142

After 6 months, I still have yet to read why the final line in the chorus isn't

"They fight til they die over wars, over lies and greed."

That makes infinitely more sense than anything involving writing or whatever the hell has been mentioned here, and it takes care of all the "syllables" that haven't been accounted for in others' suggestions.
blake_bergeron
04-11-2008, 05:33 AM

the best line in the whole song, i think is 'repugnant is a creature who squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here'... that's awesome... and true...
Old 04-11-2008, 05:33 AM   #1124

the best line in the whole song, i think is 'repugnant is a creature who squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here'... that's awesome... and true...
K1DA
04-11-2008, 09:21 AM

If you listen to live recordings, you will hear "cut my love" clearly, 1 syllable unmistakebly alot of the time. I just listened again to make sure (okc 5-19-06), and it's definitely "over words" not "over wars" the D sound is very clear. I can see where wars would make more sense in the context of this song, but in the context of the whole album I think words/writing is a lot heavier.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #1125
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

If you listen to live recordings, you will hear "cut my love" clearly, 1 syllable unmistakebly alot of the time. I just listened again to make sure (okc 5-19-06), and it's definitely "over words" not "over wars" the D sound is very clear. I can see where wars would make more sense in the context of this song, but in the context of the whole album I think words/writing is a lot heavier.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
04-11-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1DA View Post
Can you post a link to said "live recording"
Old 04-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #1126
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1DA View Post
04-11-2008, 05:11 PM

What if it's "cut it, light and all, right in two" Like the angels are telling the father to destroy it? Then after giving their assessment, they get back on their spaceship and leave in Viginiti Tres.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #1127
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

What if it's "cut it, light and all, right in two" Like the angels are telling the father to destroy it? Then after giving their assessment, they get back on their spaceship and leave in Viginiti Tres.
blake_bergeron
04-11-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
leave in viginiti tres??? that doesn't make any sense... what do you think viginiti tres is???
Old 04-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #1128

Quote:
leave in viginiti tres??? that doesn't make any sense... what do you think viginiti tres is???
Nong's Avatar Nong
04-11-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
A spaceship starting and taking off.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #1129
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
04-11-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Not a bad idea....if you were even remotely close
Old 04-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #1130
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Not a bad idea....if you were even remotely close
04-11-2008, 08:40 PM

Do go on...
Old 04-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #1131
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Do go on...
blake_bergeron
04-12-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
??? i thought viginiti tres was latin for the number 23??? did i get some false information along the way??? i tried to look it up my self, but it's pretty hard to find a latin translator... if you know of one on the net, check it out and let me know if i've thought the wrong thing all this time... it's possible...
Old 04-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #1132

Quote:
??? i thought viginiti tres was latin for the number 23??? did i get some false information along the way??? i tried to look it up my self, but it's pretty hard to find a latin translator... if you know of one on the net, check it out and let me know if i've thought the wrong thing all this time... it's possible...
Nong's Avatar Nong
04-13-2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
No, you are correct. In Latin Viginti Tres means 23.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:18 AM   #1133
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
blake_bergeron
04-13-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
and there are 24 songs total when lateralus and 10000 days are put together, with the 24th song being viginiti tres... or 23... i always thought that it was an equation... all of these songs put together, aside from viginiti tres itself, are 23 songs... and then viginiti tres is there to state it... don't know why, yet... maybe once that line in viginiti tres is deciphered it will make more sense... or less sense... who knows... i wonder if the members of tool are fans of jim carrey and that movie???
Old 04-13-2008, 06:17 AM   #1134

Quote:
and there are 24 songs total when lateralus and 10000 days are put together, with the 24th song being viginiti tres... or 23... i always thought that it was an equation... all of these songs put together, aside from viginiti tres itself, are 23 songs... and then viginiti tres is there to state it... don't know why, yet... maybe once that line in viginiti tres is deciphered it will make more sense... or less sense... who knows... i wonder if the members of tool are fans of jim carrey and that movie???
Nong's Avatar Nong
04-13-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that is true. The sound to me sounds like a spaceship starting and taking off, which would make sense in relation to 10,000 and Faaip De Oiad. So I started looking for relation to 23 and extraterrestials. Google The Urantia Book.

It could have absolutely nothing to do with it at all, but I still think the sound is a spaceship starting and taking off.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #1135
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Yeah, that is true. The sound to me sounds like a spaceship starting and taking off, which would make sense in relation to 10,000 and Faaip De Oiad. So I started looking for relation to 23 and extraterrestials. Google The Urantia Book.

It could have absolutely nothing to do with it at all, but I still think the sound is a spaceship starting and taking off.
blake_bergeron
04-13-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:

you've heard a spaceship take off before??? or from what you've heard???
Old 04-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #1136

Quote:

K1DA
04-13-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Granted I didn't dig very hard, I don't have a link to that show but here is a link to a show that is very similar.

http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=21157
Old 04-13-2008, 03:21 PM   #1137

Quote:
Granted I didn't dig very hard, I don't have a link to that show but here is a link to a show that is very similar.

http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=21157
Nong's Avatar Nong
04-13-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
In movies and such. Also, 23 has many occult references and what not. Google 23 skidoo. I'm not really buying the combined tracklist stuff.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #1138
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
In movies and such. Also, 23 has many occult references and what not. Google 23 skidoo. I'm not really buying the combined tracklist stuff.
04-14-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Do go on...
What else is there to say other than that's clearly not what the lyrics are
Old 04-14-2008, 10:17 AM   #1139
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Do go on...
04-14-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
What are they?
Old 04-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #1140
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
What are they?
○dissonance○
04-14-2008, 10:28 AM

What part are you guys talking about again? The "cutting" line?
Old 04-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #1141
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11

What part are you guys talking about again? The "cutting" line?
Nong's Avatar Nong
04-14-2008, 10:41 AM

Yeah. I'm hearing either Cut it, or Cutting light and all, right in two. Blake is hearing cut my love right in two. The problem I have with that is there is no singular entity talking during the song. It's from the point of view of angels, and about humans. Inner is hearing cut our love, which is certainly a possibility, just not what I hear.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #1142
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Yeah. I'm hearing either Cut it, or Cutting light and all, right in two. Blake is hearing cut my love right in two. The problem I have with that is there is no singular entity talking during the song. It's from the point of view of angels, and about humans. Inner is hearing cut our love, which is certainly a possibility, just not what I hear.
gjamison27's Avatar gjamison27
04-14-2008, 12:29 PM

I hear, "Let's repeat the same thing over and over again".
Old 04-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #1143
Level 8 - Vociferous

04-14-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjamison27 View Post
nah... that's too many syllables...
Old 04-14-2008, 04:25 PM   #1144

Quote:
blake_bergeron
04-15-2008, 05:08 AM

i'm sticking with 'my love'... no matter what other suggestions i hear that it may be... i take that into consideration when listening again and again but only hear ' my love'... i guess we'll have to wait to know for sure... what i think is that they might be interchangeable... like most of tools lyrics... i personally don't care what exactly he's saying, because i hear ' my love' and thats whats most powerful for me right now...
Old 04-15-2008, 05:08 AM   #1145

i'm sticking with 'my love'... no matter what other suggestions i hear that it may be... i take that into consideration when listening again and again but only hear ' my love'... i guess we'll have to wait to know for sure... what i think is that they might be interchangeable... like most of tools lyrics... i personally don't care what exactly he's saying, because i hear ' my love' and thats whats most powerful for me right now...
04-15-2008, 05:55 AM

I listened to it more closely in headphones, on acid, and shrooms and I clearly hear, "Let's keep making the same arguments over and over again even though we know that noone knows for sure, pretty colors."
Old 04-15-2008, 05:55 AM   #1146
Level 8 - Vociferous

I listened to it more closely in headphones, on acid, and shrooms and I clearly hear, "Let's keep making the same arguments over and over again even though we know that noone knows for sure, pretty colors."
04-15-2008, 07:11 AM

LOL

This thread has really gone on too long. I just hear what I hear and that's what I'm going to think it is.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:11 AM   #1147
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11

LOL

This thread has really gone on too long. I just hear what I hear and that's what I'm going to think it is.
04-15-2008, 10:25 AM

Sorry diss...but you're wrong, I clearly hear, "Let's keep reposting the same opinions on what we think it is until there are 30+ pages of the same thing over and over again.". I even listened to it through a 1976 GM factory 8track with Bose short wave full range dual coned polyrhythmic vibrational reproducers...while drinking Jim Beam.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #1148
Level 8 - Vociferous

Sorry diss...but you're wrong, I clearly hear, "Let's keep reposting the same opinions on what we think it is until there are 30+ pages of the same thing over and over again.". I even listened to it through a 1976 GM factory 8track with Bose short wave full range dual coned polyrhythmic vibrational reproducers...while drinking Jim Beam.
04-15-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
and you still don't know what it says??? or you do???
Old 04-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #1149

Quote:
and you still don't know what it says??? or you do???
04-15-2008, 11:45 AM

Well I know what I hear and that is real to me until I hear something different at which time that then becomes my reality based on the new thing I've heard which is different from the old thing I heard before that but both are and were very real in their own way...
Old 04-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #1150
Level 8 - Vociferous

Well I know what I hear and that is real to me until I hear something different at which time that then becomes my reality based on the new thing I've heard which is different from the old thing I heard before that but both are and were very real in their own way...
04-15-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
What are they?
Not exactly sure but I know it's not that
Old 04-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #1151
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
What are they?
Not exactly sure but I know it's not that
04-15-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Actually, what I hear is "Cuttin' our love, right in two" but I won't say I'm positive of it.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #1152
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Actually, what I hear is "Cuttin' our love, right in two" but I won't say I'm positive of it.
04-15-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
LOL
Old 04-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #1153
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
LOL
04-15-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
Having heard it at varying degrees of volume over the last few days thanks to the band I started playing with over the weekend being complete toolophiles, "cutting our love" is the only lyric that seems consistent with the dynamic shifting.
HA! See, that's what I've been saying since day one
Old 04-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #1154
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Having heard it at varying degrees of volume over the last few days thanks to the band I started playing with over the weekend being complete toolophiles, "cutting our love" is the only lyric that seems consistent with the dynamic shifting.
HA! See, that's what I've been saying since day one
04-16-2008, 04:37 AM

Quote:
BULLSHIT, SIR

I just listened to it while in the middle of an orgasm and it clearly stated "You're going to be very disappointed by this album."
Go back and listen to it half way between the middle of an orgasm and the end, then tell me what you think.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:37 AM   #1155
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
BULLSHIT, SIR

I just listened to it while in the middle of an orgasm and it clearly stated "You're going to be very disappointed by this album."
Go back and listen to it half way between the middle of an orgasm and the end, then tell me what you think.
04-16-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
That's just wrong
Old 04-16-2008, 07:43 AM   #1156
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
That's just wrong
04-16-2008, 09:15 AM

ok... the orgasm talk is getting us no where... as is this comment, i guess, so keep shooting : P
Old 04-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #1157

ok... the orgasm talk is getting us no where... as is this comment, i guess, so keep shooting : P
AcidRain's Avatar AcidRain
04-16-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Mom and Dad each contribute 23 chromosomes to the fœtus.

DNA, the carrier of the genetic information, has bonding irregularities every 23rd Angstrom.

Aleister Crowley, in his Cabalistic Dictionary, defines 23 as the number of “life” or “a thread”, hauntingly suggestive of the DNA life-script.

On the other hand, 23 has many links with termination: in telegraphers’ code, 23 means “bust” or “break the line”

Hexagram 23 in I Ching means “breaking apart”.

Euclid’s Geometry begins with 23 axioms.

According to Omar Garrison’s Tantra: The Yoga of Sex, in addition to the well-known 28-day female sex cycle, there is also a male sex cycle of 23 days.

And 2/3 equals .66666666 etc. – Crowley’s magick number repeated endlessly.

Just a few 23’s that I thought might be relevant.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:21 AM   #1158

Bincount™: 14

Quote:

DNA, the carrier of the genetic information, has bonding irregularities every 23rd Angstrom.

Aleister Crowley, in his Cabalistic Dictionary, defines 23 as the number of “life” or “a thread”, hauntingly suggestive of the DNA life-script.

On the other hand, 23 has many links with termination: in telegraphers’ code, 23 means “bust” or “break the line”

According to Omar Garrison’s Tantra: The Yoga of Sex, in addition to the well-known 28-day female sex cycle, there is also a male sex cycle of 23 days.

04-16-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidRain View Post

It could very well be that the good/bad work in conjunction. Death is required for birth to begin sorta' thing. The same as with the philosophy of the yin yang is that you cannot have one without the other.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #1159
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidRain View Post

It could very well be that the good/bad work in conjunction. Death is required for birth to begin sorta' thing. The same as with the philosophy of the yin yang is that you cannot have one without the other.
04-16-2008, 10:31 AM

That’s interesting, I never thought or it that way. I’ve been interested in the “23 conspiracy” for about 10 years now. And well, what you said makes a shit load of sense thank you.

P.S. Not that I'm some kind of conspiracy nut I just find conspiracy theories interesting no necessarily valid.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #1160

Bincount™: 14

That’s interesting, I never thought or it that way. I’ve been interested in the “23 conspiracy” for about 10 years now. And well, what you said makes a shit load of sense thank you.

P.S. Not that I'm some kind of conspiracy nut I just find conspiracy theories interesting no necessarily valid.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply