01-25-2015, 06:44 AM

how recent is that update hellboy?
Old 01-25-2015, 06:44 AM   #1841
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
Re: General Tool Discussion

01-25-2015, 08:18 AM

Regarding tool hating their fans, i dont think they do, but i will say this. i dont remember where i read/heard maynard say this, but in an interview he talked about how if he had met his musical idols when he was younger they probably would have been assholes. so just something to remind ourselves of, i guess. that where we all meet, the band members are included in this as well, is tool. thats the only thing we all have in common. so, whether mjk is an asshole, if hes funny or not, if hes gay, whatever, that shouldnt take away from the music and what it does for you.

im personally antsy for the new album, but the wait certainly builds up suspense and raises my expectations. at this point, we all know tool takes a long time between records. with all the things theyve been doing (getting married, having kids, dealing with lawsuits) it makes sense this one would take longer. but, it will be out eventually, and i cant imagine it taking longer than two years at this point. so just thinking about a new tool album within the next two years doesn't make it sound so bad.

(and no that's not a definitive or sourceable statement, im just concluding a logical release date based on circumstances. i seriously can't see it taking longer than two years...if it does...then god damn help us all.)
Old 01-25-2015, 08:18 AM   #1842
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110

Regarding tool hating their fans, i dont think they do, but i will say this. i dont remember where i read/heard maynard say this, but in an interview he talked about how if he had met his musical idols when he was younger they probably would have been assholes. so just something to remind ourselves of, i guess. that where we all meet, the band members are included in this as well, is tool. thats the only thing we all have in common. so, whether mjk is an asshole, if hes funny or not, if hes gay, whatever, that shouldnt take away from the music and what it does for you.

im personally antsy for the new album, but the wait certainly builds up suspense and raises my expectations. at this point, we all know tool takes a long time between records. with all the things theyve been doing (getting married, having kids, dealing with lawsuits) it makes sense this one would take longer. but, it will be out eventually, and i cant imagine it taking longer than two years at this point. so just thinking about a new tool album within the next two years doesn't make it sound so bad.

(and no that's not a definitive or sourceable statement, im just concluding a logical release date based on circumstances. i seriously can't see it taking longer than two years...if it does...then god damn help us all.)
01-25-2015, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post
Last week I believe.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:16 PM   #1843
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Quote:
Last week I believe.
01-26-2015, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
One time I was dating this girl in high school and we went to some hard rock festival because we were teenagers and bored. Godsmack was playing and even though we didn't care about Godsmack, she saw them up there performing and wanted to go check it out which I thought was weird.

She was the type who, for whatever reason, feels a need to push her way to the front of the crowd, so we get a little ways in the crowd, and there was some older guy going around gathering up girls-- like pointing at them questioningly and then they follow him. She was all like "oh I think he's gonna take me up front" so she followed him and ended up getting to go and "meet" Godsmack in their tour bus.

I really liked that girl.
How depressing. I'm sorry.

It reminds me of a date that I went on like 6 years ago. We met at a bar and were drinking, it was our first date. I got up and went to take a piss and when I came back she was kissing a guy at the table next to ours. I should have just walked out of the bar and went home and cried. instead I felt the need to pick a fight with the guy. During this quick brawl we got tangled up and fell to the ground, my right shoulder took the bulk of both of our weight when we hit the floor. I got kicked out of the bar, now with a broken rotator cuff and went home and cried.

Last edited by lotus.; 01-26-2015 at 04:53 AM..
Old 01-26-2015, 04:51 AM   #1844
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
One time I was dating this girl in high school and we went to some hard rock festival because we were teenagers and bored. Godsmack was playing and even though we didn't care about Godsmack, she saw them up there performing and wanted to go check it out which I thought was weird.

She was the type who, for whatever reason, feels a need to push her way to the front of the crowd, so we get a little ways in the crowd, and there was some older guy going around gathering up girls-- like pointing at them questioningly and then they follow him. She was all like "oh I think he's gonna take me up front" so she followed him and ended up getting to go and "meet" Godsmack in their tour bus.

I really liked that girl.
How depressing. I'm sorry.

It reminds me of a date that I went on like 6 years ago. We met at a bar and were drinking, it was our first date. I got up and went to take a piss and when I came back she was kissing a guy at the table next to ours. I should have just walked out of the bar and went home and cried. instead I felt the need to pick a fight with the guy. During this quick brawl we got tangled up and fell to the ground, my right shoulder took the bulk of both of our weight when we hit the floor. I got kicked out of the bar, now with a broken rotator cuff and went home and cried.

Last edited by lotus.; 01-26-2015 at 04:53 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
SpiralOut34's Avatar SpiralOut34
01-26-2015, 09:12 AM

Was listening to ToolArchive's new St. Charles 2010 concert and that Third Eye opening made me want the new album even more.

/sips Caduceus
/sets glass down on Danny Carey towel
/cries

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 01-26-2015, 09:12 AM   #1845
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89

Was listening to ToolArchive's new St. Charles 2010 concert and that Third Eye opening made me want the new album even more.

/sips Caduceus
/cries

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
kanaduh
01-26-2015, 11:15 AM

that danny carey towel seems pretty cool. i've always wanted to wipe my balls with the occult symbols of sacred geometry.

...or maybe i'll just use it to wipe my tears when the new album is inevitably delayed again.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #1846
Level 9 - Obstreperous

that danny carey towel seems pretty cool. i've always wanted to wipe my balls with the occult symbols of sacred geometry.

...or maybe i'll just use it to wipe my tears when the new album is inevitably delayed again.
01-26-2015, 12:22 PM

Hahaha. You guys crack me up. Yeah I don't think Tool hates their fans. I don't think I said that in my last long rant. When I did the Vegas VIP thing Adam Jones showed he really does like his fans. So let's kill the "Tool hates their fans" thing.

Honestly I just want to the new album to come out not only for the new music but I am really jonesing to see Tool live some more. I love when they go on tour so I can plot where I want to travel to see them. I regret not seeing them when they came to little Orem, UT in 2002. I liked some of their songs by then but I still was a good little Mormon 17 year old. I had Mormon friends that didn't want to see that "devil band" they called Tool. Haha. Wish I had some cooler friends. 2003 came around and I was done with the Mormon bullshit and my friends and I were in his house and we smoked a bowl of ok cannabis and he put on Eulogy. That's the first time I had heard Tool on cannabis and I was never the same. I was hooked. So since 2006 I have made a promise to myself that anytime Tool tours I will see them. I try to make it to as many shows as possible for each tour. I used to care about the set list but now I go for the amazing live show. Junior always kills it with the lights and visuals. Since 2006 I have seen Tool live every year expect for 2008 and 2011 I think, since I don't think they toured those years. So I am ready for live Tool in 2014. If they aren't going to come out with the new record in 2014 hopefully I can see them live this year. I know some of the members said they won't tour until the new album comes out. So let's hope 2014 is the year of the new album.

Last edited by chiller; 01-26-2015 at 12:24 PM..
Old 01-26-2015, 12:22 PM   #1847
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 377

Hahaha. You guys crack me up. Yeah I don't think Tool hates their fans. I don't think I said that in my last long rant. When I did the Vegas VIP thing Adam Jones showed he really does like his fans. So let's kill the "Tool hates their fans" thing.

Honestly I just want to the new album to come out not only for the new music but I am really jonesing to see Tool live some more. I love when they go on tour so I can plot where I want to travel to see them. I regret not seeing them when they came to little Orem, UT in 2002. I liked some of their songs by then but I still was a good little Mormon 17 year old. I had Mormon friends that didn't want to see that "devil band" they called Tool. Haha. Wish I had some cooler friends. 2003 came around and I was done with the Mormon bullshit and my friends and I were in his house and we smoked a bowl of ok cannabis and he put on Eulogy. That's the first time I had heard Tool on cannabis and I was never the same. I was hooked. So since 2006 I have made a promise to myself that anytime Tool tours I will see them. I try to make it to as many shows as possible for each tour. I used to care about the set list but now I go for the amazing live show. Junior always kills it with the lights and visuals. Since 2006 I have seen Tool live every year expect for 2008 and 2011 I think, since I don't think they toured those years. So I am ready for live Tool in 2014. If they aren't going to come out with the new record in 2014 hopefully I can see them live this year. I know some of the members said they won't tour until the new album comes out. So let's hope 2014 is the year of the new album.

Last edited by chiller; 01-26-2015 at 12:24 PM..
kanaduh
01-26-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiller View Post

next time we meet up again at a show, bring me some of the weed you're smoking.

it's 2015 buddy :)
Old 01-26-2015, 03:53 PM   #1848
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiller View Post

next time we meet up again at a show, bring me some of the weed you're smoking.

it's 2015 buddy :)
01-26-2015, 04:18 PM

Damnit you are right! I edited something right after I posted and I saw I had a grammar mistake in the first line. Haha. I guess you can't edit twice? Anyways let's hope for a 2015 tour. I guess I wish it was 2014 since I am turning the dirty 30 this year.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #1849
Level 8 - Vociferous

Damnit you are right! I edited something right after I posted and I saw I had a grammar mistake in the first line. Haha. I guess you can't edit twice? Anyways let's hope for a 2015 tour. I guess I wish it was 2014 since I am turning the dirty 30 this year.
01-27-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut34 View Post

/sips Caduceus
/cries
the 2010 shows brought that fiyahhh

the one i saw did anyway...
Old 01-27-2015, 12:45 PM   #1850
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198

Quote:

/sips Caduceus
/cries

01-27-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by base metal View Post

That was my first time to see them and I thought they were incredible! I haven't listened all the way through that show I linked, I was at work, but the quality of the video is great.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:47 PM   #1851
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by base metal View Post

That was my first time to see them and I thought they were incredible! I haven't listened all the way through that show I linked, I was at work, but the quality of the video is great.

kanaduh
01-27-2015, 09:03 PM

2010 was the best tour since i started following them, hands down.

third eye as opener, the patient, intolerance, right in two plus the usual staples.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:03 PM   #1852
Level 9 - Obstreperous

2010 was the best tour since i started following them, hands down.

third eye as opener, the patient, intolerance, right in two plus the usual staples.
01-27-2015, 09:09 PM

Word is the lawsuit has been settled out of court:

Quote:
01/23/2015 at 01:30 pm in Department F50, Randy Rhodes, Presiding
Jury Trial - Off-Calendar, Case Settled
Good to see Randy back from the dead to settle this issue.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:09 PM   #1853
crows before hoes

Quote:
01/23/2015 at 01:30 pm in Department F50, Randy Rhodes, Presiding
Jury Trial - Off-Calendar, Case Settled
01-28-2015, 07:26 AM

Lateralus tour kicked all other tours square in the balls
10,000 Days:4/30/06--5/4/06--9/3/06--12/11/07--7/13/10
Opiate Anniversary/ Pre-new album: 3/11/14--3/12/14
TOOL/Primus tour(minus Primus): 1/6/16
Old 01-28-2015, 07:26 AM   #1854
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

kanaduh
01-28-2015, 07:47 AM

stop reminding me.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:47 AM   #1855
Level 9 - Obstreperous

stop reminding me.
01-28-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post

What a Revalation! (Mother Earth)
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
Old 01-28-2015, 01:04 PM   #1856
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

What a Revalation! (Mother Earth)
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
The Embryo 2's Avatar The Embryo 2
01-28-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBayJ1972 View Post
Undertow.

Not really, just wanted to go OGT on you guys..

Corex says:

Old 01-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #1857
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Undertow.

Corex says:

EastBayJ1972's Avatar EastBayJ1972
01-30-2015, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embryo 2 View Post
Undertow.

Was at Undertow tour too. ;) Had to go triple OGT
Old 01-30-2015, 04:58 AM   #1858
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Undertow.

Was at Undertow tour too. ;) Had to go triple OGT
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
01-30-2015, 05:33 AM

i've only had the good fortune to see two shows, both lateralus. and even then i'm not sure why those would necessarily stand out above the rest...
Old 01-30-2015, 05:33 AM   #1859
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

i've only had the good fortune to see two shows, both lateralus. and even then i'm not sure why those would necessarily stand out above the rest...
01-30-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
Ummm for one its Lateralus. ..Maynard painted up and being out in front instead of in shadows. ..getting to hear D/R/T live...the list goes on and on about that tour
Old 01-30-2015, 07:50 AM   #1860
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
Ummm for one its Lateralus. ..Maynard painted up and being out in front instead of in shadows. ..getting to hear D/R/T live...the list goes on and on about that tour
Malaclypse
01-30-2015, 08:38 AM

oh. i thought it was lÆtrUlaS. but i also might have lysdexia

Last edited by Malaclypse; 01-30-2015 at 08:40 AM..
Old 01-30-2015, 08:38 AM   #1861
Banned.

oh. i thought it was lÆtrUlaS. but i also might have lysdexia

Last edited by Malaclypse; 01-30-2015 at 08:40 AM..
Matthew77's Avatar Matthew77
01-30-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
The Aenima Tours were pretty awesome also. Maynard up in the front of the stage in his different costumes. I saw 3 shows between 1996 and 1998. First show Maynard was painted blue head to toe and in boxer shorts. Second show Maynard was The Hooker with a Penis. The third show we got Reverend Maynard. The 1996 show was my first time seeing Tool live.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:33 PM   #1862
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
The Aenima Tours were pretty awesome also. Maynard up in the front of the stage in his different costumes. I saw 3 shows between 1996 and 1998. First show Maynard was painted blue head to toe and in boxer shorts. Second show Maynard was The Hooker with a Penis. The third show we got Reverend Maynard. The 1996 show was my first time seeing Tool live.
01-30-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew77 View Post
I only seen one for Aenima ...Maynard was Hooker with penis for the one I seen. Wish I coulda caught a Rev Mjk
Old 01-30-2015, 04:49 PM   #1863
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew77 View Post
I only seen one for Aenima ...Maynard was Hooker with penis for the one I seen. Wish I coulda caught a Rev Mjk
EastBayJ1972's Avatar EastBayJ1972
01-30-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Although my first show they played alot of Aenima 10months before the album dropped
Old 01-30-2015, 04:50 PM   #1864
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Although my first show they played alot of Aenima 10months before the album dropped
kanaduh
01-31-2015, 08:12 AM

this thread makes me feel like i'm talking to grandpa reading me stories about life during world war II or something.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:12 AM   #1865
Level 9 - Obstreperous

this thread makes me feel like i'm talking to grandpa reading me stories about life during world war II or something.
01-31-2015, 02:02 PM

Respect your elders kid. :)
Old 01-31-2015, 02:02 PM   #1866
Level 8 - Vociferous

Respect your elders kid. :)
01-31-2015, 02:14 PM

Yeah man. Kanaduh, you might be a grandpa by the time the new Tool album comes out.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:14 PM   #1867
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Yeah man. Kanaduh, you might be a grandpa by the time the new Tool album comes out.
02-01-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Jelly

Corex says:

Old 02-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #1868
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Jelly

Corex says:

jwb's Avatar jwb
02-01-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
I should email their lawyer and ask.

his info is somewhere in my inbox from last year :p
That would be a pretty funny email exchange...
Old 02-01-2015, 02:29 PM   #1869
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
I should email their lawyer and ask.

his info is somewhere in my inbox from last year :p
That would be a pretty funny email exchange...
02-01-2015, 08:29 PM

Adam posts a gif of popping champagne on his instagram (or was it twitter?)

now just 11 more months to do the art..

and we are set!

Corex says:

Old 02-01-2015, 08:29 PM   #1870
Level 10 - Vehement

and we are set!

Corex says:

02-02-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:

and we are set!
You got my hopes up!

Old 02-02-2015, 08:23 AM   #1871
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

and we are set!
You got my hopes up!

02-02-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
You got my hopes up!
Now the Tool Army Face book peeps are posting 10/21 as the release date. Who are those people anyway? They post more than George Takie.

Corex says:

Old 02-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #1872
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
You got my hopes up!
Now the Tool Army Face book peeps are posting 10/21 as the release date. Who are those people anyway? They post more than George Takie.

Corex says:

hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
02-02-2015, 10:22 PM

Pulling stuff out of their ass I expect. Like George Takei.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:22 PM   #1873
crows before hoes

02-03-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Ha!

Corex says:

Old 02-03-2015, 07:33 PM   #1874
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Ha!

Corex says:

hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
02-03-2015, 08:06 PM

Turns out is was just a reference to Back To The Future.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #1875
crows before hoes

Turns out is was just a reference to Back To The Future.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #1876
Banned.

Matthew77's Avatar Matthew77
02-10-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Yeah that was an awesome show. The Melvins opened up for Tool and King Buzzo joined Tool and played guitar during Stinkfist.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #1877
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Yeah that was an awesome show. The Melvins opened up for Tool and King Buzzo joined Tool and played guitar during Stinkfist.
02-14-2015, 06:41 AM

Melbourne, 2011 (?), played
You lied
And yeah, i cried :/
Old 02-14-2015, 06:41 AM   #1878
Level 1 - Lurker

Melbourne, 2011 (?), played
You lied
And yeah, i cried :/