opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 01-16-2004, 07:11 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6
Bear with me

OK, here comes my... probably completely wrong explanation of this. Bear with me ;)

OK I'm guessing the explanation of Parabol isn't too relevant to parabola. So I'll skip it.

What youi got to realise about my explanation is that its not right, just my opinion. Now for starters, the little guy to me is the inner being, or emotions. The man with the antenas is a person, different from everyone else [or same. Doesnt really matter].

Right. At the start, there is a swinging block [like a trap] keeping the little guy from moving. The man stops the block, maybe symbolising his inner self beggining to escape. Now theres loads of rocks and stuff gettin broken, maybe its his anger of whats going on, im not too sure about this part.

That tree thing with the "face". Perhaps its "religion" ? He looks at it, maybe listening and belieing what it says to him. Then he goes off, and puts his head in a clear box sort of thing. Maybe its meditation, trying to see his body or soul. The little guy is hiding behind the tree,. His emotions/inner being is still hiding behind religion as the explanation of life, as meditation isnt really involved with Christianity etc. Then the ball thing appears, perhaps a "power" that has influence over the man [like the government]. He pushes it slightly, but it comes back. Maybe symbolising that it wont leave him. He looks dissapointed, as though "told off".

The Ball is now becomming a group of small balls, like the power is growing, splitting up to become more "influentual". The man is now looking out the window. His mind transfixed on the "nature" [or freedom]. Meanwhile, his emotions or inner being is arning him that he shouldnt "wonder". The ball soon cripples his emotions while his mind was concentrating on something he longed for [or questioned if it exsisted for him]. I explain my thoughts of what the house and the outside means later.

The guy seems to get pretty angry, and screams at the "power". No affect, but it shows that hes got real angry now, and perhaps does not trust it no longer, because his fear [the little guy] is gone. Maybe this is the power pushing him so far that his emotions are shattered, and he becomes "a new man".

Now he takes his emotions, and splits it in half. Looks through it. I think this is symbolising him questioning his fears and emotions and wondering why he trusted them.

Now the man has left the "house". And seeks out into the "nature". At this point im belieing that the house represents his soul being encaptured within the walls of powers, religion etc. making us almost "ignore" it. The outside is "where are souls are capable of leaving" in some sense. Now the power is lurking. They cant use force, and they cant try and influence him anymore because he is out in the freedom and not "captured" anymore. He picks up a leaf, and it turns into his third eye. This part of the video is so cool! Ive not looked up much about the third eye thing, but from what I think ive heard, its something to do with "the mind and souls' eye". I dont know.

Phew. So in conclusion, I think this is about being captive inside our bodies by a power who enpowers religion to keep us "under control", then when the persons emotions or inner self gets smashed, he looks deeper into his mind, and finally sees the truth that its best not to be a captive and so leaves into the wilderness to get his third eye.

emember, this is my opinion, but please say what you think. Its the first time ive tried to write my thoughts on a Tool video, and it seems as though this is a hard one to a lot of people. Thanks for reading [if you havent got bored alredy ;p]

Last edited by Talonwulf; 01-16-2004 at 07:20 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 06:20 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6
Re: Bear with me

OK! I found something to add to this.

OK when he gets his third eye-

The third eye is your own personal realisation on the world [Charka 6]. Its when you use your own mind to choose your thinking of life/morals etc. and not to follow or use other insights, such as religion. Now like i said earlier. he escapes from his "cell" and is free, and gets his third eye after hes not under the iinfluence of the ball. He has escaped and is into his own personal freedom!

Cant believe i never saw that before....

I know this is opinion based, but that has gotta be it!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: