Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 10. Right in Two
User Name
Password
Freakedoutone
06-08-2006, 06:49 PM

Well, I got bored so I listened to Right In Two backwards.. And, oddly enough, one part sounds like he's saying something!

Well, I'll let you listen to what he says for yourself, it's nothing major but it is kinda strange that almost ALL of the song is nothing, then a seemingly whole sentence is formed..

If you need help listening to it backwards, put the song on your computer as a .WAV file and open it with sound recorder, then Effects>reverse.

Listen closely from about between 385 seconds- 401 seconds

Post what you think it sounds like if you wish :)

Also, a funny thing about it backwards, is that you can still tell the singer is Maynard :P

The backwards lyrics, forward is: "Silly monkeys give them thumbs they forge a blade and where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two"-
most of that is used in there.

Last edited by Freakedoutone; 06-08-2006 at 07:12 PM..
Old 06-08-2006, 06:49 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Backwards...

Well, I got bored so I listened to Right In Two backwards.. And, oddly enough, one part sounds like he's saying something!

Well, I'll let you listen to what he says for yourself, it's nothing major but it is kinda strange that almost ALL of the song is nothing, then a seemingly whole sentence is formed..

If you need help listening to it backwards, put the song on your computer as a .WAV file and open it with sound recorder, then Effects>reverse.

Listen closely from about between 385 seconds- 401 seconds

Post what you think it sounds like if you wish :)

Also, a funny thing about it backwards, is that you can still tell the singer is Maynard :P

The backwards lyrics, forward is: "Silly monkeys give them thumbs they forge a blade and where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two"-
most of that is used in there.

Last edited by Freakedoutone; 06-08-2006 at 07:12 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
CaseLogic
06-09-2006, 12:54 PM

I'm not even going to try
Old 06-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: Backwards...

I'm not even going to try
Freakedoutone
06-09-2006, 08:05 PM

If you can't do it yourself why should I have even bothered posting this?

And why bother posting if you're not going to try it? Are you like 10 years old and want attention?

Good for you!..

Last edited by Freakedoutone; 06-09-2006 at 08:08 PM..
Old 06-09-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

If you can't do it yourself why should I have even bothered posting this?

And why bother posting if you're not going to try it? Are you like 10 years old and want attention?

Good for you!..

Last edited by Freakedoutone; 06-09-2006 at 08:08 PM..
Malisk's Avatar Malisk
06-09-2006, 09:06 PM

Right in Two Reverse (385 seconds to 401)

I dont hear anything but jiberish...

However, I posted a while ago about a different portion of the song backwards...

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=50164
"The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns as it were instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish spurting out ink. In our age there is no such thing as "keeping out of politics." All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia."
-George Orwell from "Politics and the English Language"

Last edited by Malisk; 06-09-2006 at 09:08 PM..
Old 06-09-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

Right in Two Reverse (385 seconds to 401)

I dont hear anything but jiberish...

However, I posted a while ago about a different portion of the song backwards...

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=50164
"The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns as it were instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish spurting out ink. In our age there is no such thing as "keeping out of politics." All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia."
-George Orwell from "Politics and the English Language"

Last edited by Malisk; 06-09-2006 at 09:08 PM..
Freakedoutone
06-10-2006, 09:13 AM

Malisk, thanks for your opinion. BTW, the first part of the section I said to listen to is gibberish. After that is what I think sounds like something.

Mcroggles, I heard something in a song, so I came and registered here to post it to see what other people thought of it.

You don't know that there is anything there, because you didn't even bother to try to listen to it.

I didn't say what I thought he said because I don't want to influince anyone elses opinion, I want to know what OTHER people thought.

Last edited by Freakedoutone; 06-10-2006 at 09:22 AM..
Old 06-10-2006, 09:13 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Malisk, thanks for your opinion. BTW, the first part of the section I said to listen to is gibberish. After that is what I think sounds like something.

Mcroggles, I heard something in a song, so I came and registered here to post it to see what other people thought of it.

You don't know that there is anything there, because you didn't even bother to try to listen to it.

I didn't say what I thought he said because I don't want to influince anyone elses opinion, I want to know what OTHER people thought.

Last edited by Freakedoutone; 06-10-2006 at 09:22 AM..
swampyfool's Avatar swampyfool
06-10-2006, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malisk
Hey Malisk, could you post this in the same format that you posted your other audio link? For some reason, putfile doesn't seem to interact with my computer, and I don't have a sound recorder program (i've got a mac) so I can't do it myself . . .
But I'll pull through
Old 06-10-2006, 09:25 AM   #6
Ron Swampson

Bincount™: 5576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malisk
Hey Malisk, could you post this in the same format that you posted your other audio link? For some reason, putfile doesn't seem to interact with my computer, and I don't have a sound recorder program (i've got a mac) so I can't do it myself . . .
But I'll pull through
Kurac
06-10-2006, 11:14 AM

...and then the AAAAAAAAAALIENS INVADED!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

...and then the AAAAAAAAAALIENS INVADED!!!!!!!!
06-21-2006, 01:12 PM

what about listening to the song as the great masterpiece it is?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:12 PM   #8
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277

what about listening to the song as the great masterpiece it is?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply