opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2007, 07:41 AM   #1881
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imonlysleeping View Post
omg...how did i not know this. now ill never get a ticket....FUCK
You may still have luck if you call the Sears Centre's box office. Just keep trying over the next few days and weeks, I'm sure you can get a single ticket. Good luck.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:17 AM   #1882
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz46&2 View Post
You may still have luck if you call the Sears Centre's box office. Just keep trying over the next few days and weeks, I'm sure you can get a single ticket. Good luck.
Yea, I already got my ticket. I checked today and still plenty of lower bowl seats are available. For some reason tickets aren't going too fast here in Chicago. Anyone have a clue why? Usually they're gone in minutes, at most a day or so.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #1883
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.mcguffin View Post
That's what I did because I know from experience the GA areas are filled with mostly douches. If there's a douche in my (seated) section he's going over the rail.
lmao
Old 04-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #1884
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltz46n2 View Post
If you don't want people touching you get reserved seats and not floor tix.
exactly.

although, i do agree that at pretty much every show there are a few idiots that "mosh" and aren't really into the music, but are just kinda drunk and looking for physical contact.

at a NIN show i went to, there were these 3 guys trying to start a pit during every song, including Hurt.... that was pretty annoying. pretty much as long as people moving around show respect and dont shove random people, its not too bad.

i really hope the shows i'm going to are general admission, it kinda ruins it when you have a floor seat and security keeps walking back and forth right infront of you.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2007, 11:52 AM   #1885
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_shrike29 View Post
Most people I've met at Tool shows are decent enough sorts. Make some new friends. You've already got a common interest in the band so openers with members of the opposite sex should be easy.
Very true. I went to see them in KC last fall, the woman next to me was buying me drinks =D

So ya... if anyone going to the St. Louis show wants to hang out before or after, lemme know. Tool is amazing, but I'd prefer to not be by myself the whole friggin time.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:39 PM   #1886
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698

I really can't see moshing/physical contact at a tool show. they are not fucking death metal.

sure, I move, cheer and applaud, but fuck moshing and body surfing or whatever. those people are douches, IM-O, and obviously are not there to enjoy the show. they just want to get down with their fraternity roots, whether they've been in one or not. just to say "yeah, man, I was moshing and body surfing, it rocked! but I can't remember what they played or how good they sounded"

peronally, I watch, listen, sing, dance/sway/move, but I do not want bodies slamming against me or floating over me, distracting me from the show. you can't honestly tell me that kind of "physical contact" makes you any sort of aware of the show? I have gotten up close GA at some shows, and step back if there's any of that shit so I can enjoy the band.

I M O
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2007, 04:39 PM   #1887

Bincount™: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycommish View Post
they just want to get down with their fraternity roots, whether they've been in one or not. just to say "yeah, man, I was moshing and body surfing, it rocked! but I can't remember what they played or how good they sounded"
I M O

yeah, people like that tend to ruin concerts for alot of other people. i always hear kids leaving a show saying stuff like "yeah i punched that guy right in face!" or "dude i pushed so many people down in the pit, it was crazy"
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2007, 04:42 PM   #1888
Level 3 - Talker

Ok so.. Since nobody is posting in the makeshift Colorado Springs thread, further since nobody is creating a Colorado Springs thread in this part of the forum.. I'm looking for somebody that's willing to camp the night before with me, obviously that would include anybody that has a general admission ticket, unless you're just that hardcore and would wait that long to sit in a reserved seat. My brother's talking about camping with me, but may not be able to get the night before off from work.

I just don't have a vehicle and thus, will have a pretty hard time with the essentials to survive 24 hours in front of the doors. Can't really load up a backpack because I won't be able to take anything in. So if anyone would care to join, I could totally like buy breakfast and such, I think the BK right there is 24 hours..

I don't even know if it's necessary to go that early. I've asked around here, to no response. I'm also not sure if the World Arena allows that sort of thing. I know the CSPD totally gets off on hassling innocent folk, so naturally they would be in their glory.

I'm just going to do what I have to do to make sure that once those doors open, I am right on the barricade, at least close-ish to the center. Have seen Tool 3 times, each from afar.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, just post a reply. I'll be on the lookout here.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #1889
Level 7 - Loquacious

Guys, how does preorder work from Tool Army? Is it only for some locations?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #1890
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomisatool View Post
Guys, how does preorder work from Tool Army? Is it only for some locations?

I just got an email from toolarmy.com letting me know I was preselected for pre-sale tickets tomorrow for the baltimore show. It told me to log into tool army, but when I try i get the below error:

"Not Found

The requested URL /home/vhosts/toolarmy.com/htmlcatalog/login.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) PHP/4.3.10-16 mod_ssl/2.0.54 OpenSSL/0.9.7e Server at www.toolarmy.com Port 80"

anybody else having trouble logging in?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2007, 07:02 PM   #1891
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

This tour kicks off tomorrow, and the dates are still wrong on these threads. There also isn't section setup on the "Live" menu. This section of this forum needs some SERIOUS CLEANING.
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2007, 05:47 AM   #1892
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rll View Post
I think we are all getting reserved seats. And I am glad.

I hate having to move just because some dicks want to touch each other.
It just depends on the experience you want. If you have never been in the "pit" for a Tool concert you're missing out. You should at least try it once.
I am not big on the whole personal contact by strangers thing either, but at a concert it's ok sometimes. That said this time i just wanted to enjoy the show see the sights and actually hear the music as a whole, hence reserved seats for me this time. next time i may be back on the floor...if there is a next time.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:18 AM   #1893
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeepPocketProphet View Post
Hey at least your not in colordo. All the tool fans here seem to be pansies. They hate physichal contact, moshing, singing, cheering, drinking, smoking, and any other form of standard concert action.

I sincerely hope that the colorado springs concert (which i still need a ride to!) has better fans.
Moshing to Tool is lame. It ruins the experience. The real fans know it and so does the band. Why do you think Tool stop playing at Street Scene in San Diego last year. If you want physical contact go see Lamb of God or Hatebreed or some lame band like that. Don't disrespect people by trying to mosh with people that choose to listen to better music and choose not to mosh.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:25 AM   #1894
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltz46n2 View Post
If you don't want people touching you get reserved seats and not floor tix.
Its a good thing for the people that don't want sweaty, musty, overwieght violent drunks plowing into them, that alot of Tool shows have seats all the up to the stage.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:57 AM   #1895
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Yeah moshing is gay. But is anybody in agreement that Tool really makes you want to fucking move. Think about Stinkfist and how everybody does that off-time head bang with Maynard everytime. I'm not talking about touching others and shit. I'm just talking about getting into the music, throwing your hands in the air during the climaxes as if you are grasping for something. I love that shit. And I don't sing to much Tool at a concert but you gotta love at least singing "I'll!! KEEP!! DIGGING!!" if nothing else. Just throwing your fist in the air and pounding it with every fucking word. God... I can't wait for my show. They start tonight guys!!

Peace
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2007, 08:57 AM   #1896
Level 1 - Lurker

Alrighty then, I'm a little irritated that there has been absolutely no mention of the May 11 Wichita, KS show..... I'm mean come on, it is EXACTLY a year to the day that I saw them last year at the Kansas City mini tour, and Kansas is Danny's homestate.......I'm just surprised that there is no thread or any mention of that show.......Any thoughts people?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2007, 10:47 AM   #1897
Level 7 - Loquacious

we've basically turned the OKC thread into a unified wichita/OKC thread cause theyre only a couple hours apart,im going to both shows,after its all over i will have seen TOOL 5 times.....oh and to the douche that said Lamb of God and Hatebreed were lame you can suck these nuts,i would love to meet you in person,then we can get into moshpits and whos lame shitbag................
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2007, 10:50 AM   #1898

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBigMob View Post
Yea, I already got my ticket. I checked today and still plenty of lower bowl seats are available. For some reason tickets aren't going too fast here in Chicago. Anyone have a clue why? Usually they're gone in minutes, at most a day or so.
I hear ya...all the other shows that are going through ticketmaster seem to be selling no problem. I just can't help but remember what happened to the Madison show last year. I know illness was the excuse used, but seats for that show just weren't selling...and like the SearsCentre, they weren't using ticketmaster either.

What I wouldn't do for an In-N-Out Burger....

Last edited by Rhapsody; 04-27-2007 at 11:04 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #1899
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
Yeah moshing is gay. But is anybody in agreement that Tool really makes you want to fucking move. Think about Stinkfist and how everybody does that off-time head bang with Maynard everytime. I'm not talking about touching others and shit. I'm just talking about getting into the music, throwing your hands in the air during the climaxes as if you are grasping for something. I love that shit. And I don't sing to much Tool at a concert but you gotta love at least singing "I'll!! KEEP!! DIGGING!!" if nothing else. Just throwing your fist in the air and pounding it with every fucking word. God... I can't wait for my show. They start tonight guys!!

Peace
I totally agree. Tool definatley makes me move. I just keep to my space and respect other people's personal space.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #1900
Level 2 - Poster

I have been lurking for about a year now and figured I would join up. I love tool and am going to both the Xcel show section 104 row 22 and Sears Centre floor. I am excited for the tour to start. I also thought it was interesting that on ticketbastard this morning there was a few floor tickets there. Also anyone know how the acoustics are at either place.

Last edited by ○toolman○; 04-27-2007 at 03:54 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2007, 06:54 PM   #1901
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiumtool View Post
Alrighty then, I'm a little irritated that there has been absolutely no mention of the May 11 Wichita, KS show..... I'm mean come on, it is EXACTLY a year to the day that I saw them last year at the Kansas City mini tour, and Kansas is Danny's homestate.......I'm just surprised that there is no thread or any mention of that show.......Any thoughts people?
Yeah I noticed and posted a reply to you in the OKC thread. I was at that show and will be there again in Wichita. It was my first Tool concert and I caught a nifty souvenir after Aenema. Check out my avatar bitches
Old 04-27-2007, 09:20 PM   #1902
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

this thread is way too long to read through so i apologize if the question has already been asked- but does anyone know who will be opening? i will be going to ft worth and maybe san antonio
Old 04-27-2007, 11:50 PM   #1903
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Doesn't sound like anyone is opening, i believe it was just TOOL at the Las Vegas show tonight. I dont know about anyone else, but i got goosebumps tonight knowing that TOOL was starting their tour tonight. Can't fucking wait to see them in less than 2 weeks! I'm not looking at their set lists until i see them, i want to go to their show in CO Springs not knowing what they will play.... IM ALREADY FUCKING PUMPED!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2007, 03:28 AM   #1904
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

I'll be at the FW show!
Old 04-28-2007, 06:46 AM   #1905
Level 7 - Loquacious

just got our tickets for the june 8th (baltimore) show.

Section 109, Row E.

The Stage comes out to the middle of section 103
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2007, 06:57 AM   #1906
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

Can someone tell me if the stage setup is different? anyone?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:37 AM   #1907
Level 4 - Thinker

I managed to get 2 tickets for the chicago show, and 2 for the grand rapids show through pre-sales on tool army, but it doesnt say exactly where your seats are.

does anyone know roughly where the pre-sales tickets are for? i'd like to be on the floor if possible, but im not sure i have control over that.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2007, 01:21 PM   #1908
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew77 View Post
Moshing to Tool is lame. It ruins the experience. The real fans know it and so does the band. Why do you think Tool stop playing at Street Scene in San Diego last year. If you want physical contact go see Lamb of God or Hatebreed or some lame band like that. Don't disrespect people by trying to mosh with people that choose to listen to better music and choose not to mosh.
Honestly moving to the music is how you get in touch with the "real" side of things. When I say mosh i don't mean picking up my lawn chair I smuggled in and beating it across your head...I mean a group of people simply moving, jumping, swaying...whatever just doing something than going to a concert and acting like your listening to the CD. All cultures, from musics birth have always had some kind of movement with the music. Native americans danced, cavemen did...the caveman thing to do...

Movement creates fluxuation...fluxuation causes thought.

Don't call me a redneck slam dancer and i won't call you a pansy!

I hope I am more clear.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2007, 02:01 PM   #1909
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Honestly moving to the music is how you get in touch with the "real" side of things. When I say mosh i don't mean picking up my lawn chair I smuggled in and beating it across your head...I mean a group of people simply moving, jumping, swaying...whatever just doing something than going to a concert and acting like your listening to the CD. All cultures, from musics birth have always had some kind of movement with the music. Native americans danced, cavemen did...the caveman thing to do...

I hope I am more clear.
You're a redneck slam dancer.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2007, 02:06 PM   #1910
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

I think everyone should agree to just do the Maynard dance at the shows and call it a day
Old 04-28-2007, 02:44 PM   #1911
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 steps View Post
I think everyone should agree to just do the Maynard dance at the shows and call it a day
that varies. but that would be hilarious! I think I've seen that even.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #1912

Bincount™: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelya View Post
Very true. I went to see them in KC last fall, the woman next to me was buying me drinks =D

So ya... if anyone going to the St. Louis show wants to hang out before or after, lemme know. Tool is amazing, but I'd prefer to not be by myself the whole friggin time.
I am going alone. I wouldn't mind chillin before or after the show.

Last edited by Lamb & Martyr^; 04-28-2007 at 03:01 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #1913
Level 3 - Talker

I'm glad I didn't end up buying from one of the ripoff online brokers selling tickets a week in advance... I got floor tickets through TM for my first Tool concert!!!

I doubt very many of you are familiar with Grand Rapids or Van Andel Arena, but does anyone know if floor is going to be GA or seats for this tour? I'm guessing seats for Van Andel, since the seating chart is divided into a few different sections.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/65737/2673/

On the other hand, my tickets only say "Floor 4" and not a row or seat number. Is it first come-first serve for each individual section or what? I know I sound like a retard but I've never been able to get floor tickets to a show before.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-29-2007, 04:57 AM   #1914

Bincount™: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 steps View Post
I like your avatar... haha
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-29-2007, 06:03 AM   #1915
On Probation

Bincount™: 87

bought my baltimore tix yesterday right at 10, anyone know anything about 1st mariner arena? never been there. i got 3 tickets in section 223 row A, it looks like its off to the left, but apparently at the front of the section considering its row A

so anyone else headed here?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-29-2007, 09:58 AM   #1916
Level 3 - Talker

Not familiar with 1st Mariner either. Anyone know if section 103 really has a blocked view? I know the stage protrudes outward.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:51 PM   #1917
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDubbs View Post
You're a redneck slam dancer.
your a pansy...

and maynards dance is bloody crazy...especially with those light shows pouring over the stage...his dance is almost entrancing...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-29-2007, 07:14 PM   #1918
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
your a pansy...

and maynards dance is bloody crazy...especially with those light shows pouring over the stage...his dance is almost entrancing...
LOL DeepPocket. You're goin to the Springs show right? Where your seats at? ill yell redneck slam dancer at some point and you'll know its me. I don't hate on anyone too hard who is a TOOL fan :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-30-2007, 04:38 AM   #1919
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

the verizon wireless amphitheater in boston doesn't exist. kinda weird seeing as Tool is playing there in July.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-30-2007, 07:40 AM   #1920
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 567

Quote:

I hope I am more clear.
I'm with this guy, there is a difference between "moshing" at lamb of god, and getting into the music and allowing it to flow through your body , I can't just stand there and watch.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: