opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #1841
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

I'm freaking out. I just heard on the radio that July 2nd they're coming to Grand Rapids. I run home to jump on the net to order some tickets, only to find out tons of conflicted info. When I first checked, they didn't have Grand Rapids on ticketmaster at all, but they did have this on Toolband:

"TOUR DATE CHANGES & MORE SHOWS POSTED

Please check the tour section as some of the tour dates have changed. These include LITTLE ROCK, CINCINNATI, DETROIT, and GRAND RAPIDS (which is now TBA). We've also added a couple of CANADIAN DATES as well as shows in BOSTON (MA), PORTLAND (ME), ALBANY (NY) and READING (PA). "

I googled "tool tickets" and a ton of sites came up, but selling tickets to all kinds of different dates for Grand Rapids. Most of them have it as July 3rd, but on Toolband Tour page it shows that's the Detroit show. Now Ticketmaster is finally showing Grand Rapids, but for July 5th! What in the hell, which is it?!? TM is showing prices from $38-$50.50, but all of the other shady sites are selling tickets for like $150+.

Are those shady sites that show up on google legit brokers/scalpers, or are they trying to rip people off? They are selling tickets, because everytime I look, the seats are getting further and further away. How is this possible if Ticketmaster isn't even starting to sell tickets until Saturday 4/28?

I don't know what to do. The tour section on Toolband doesn't even show Grand Rapids yet. Should I buy from one of the shady sites and risk losing my money, or should I wait until Ticketmaster starts selling and risk getting nosebleed seats. Hell, I might even lose my money on TM since they have the dates all mixed up and Tool might not even be coming to Grand Rapids.

Grrrrrrrrr... Sorry everyone for the rant, I know I'm just being impatient. I just need to see Tool before I die. If anyone has some correct info (hint hint someone with a ToolArmy account) on Grand Rapids, MI pretty please let me know.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2007, 04:17 PM   #1842
Level 8 - Vociferous

Just checked Ticketbastard, check this out:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/7...20&list_view=1

Grand Rapids is apparently the 5th. I would think Ticketbastard would be more accurate than the "shady sites".

Last edited by Maz46&2; 04-24-2007 at 04:20 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #1843
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXAtaraxiaXx View Post

Are those shady sites that show up on google legit brokers/scalpers, or are they trying to rip people off? They are selling tickets, because everytime I look, the seats are getting further and further away. How is this possible if Ticketmaster isn't even starting to sell tickets until Saturday 4/28?

I don't know what to do. The tour section on Toolband doesn't even show Grand Rapids yet. Should I buy from one of the shady sites and risk losing my money, or should I wait until Ticketmaster starts selling and risk getting nosebleed seats. Hell, I might even lose my money on TM since they have the dates all mixed up and Tool might not even be coming to Grand Rapids.

Definitely DON'T buy your tickets from the brokers. They don't even have them yet, anyway. Just sign up for a Ticketmaster account BEFORE the onsale date of 4/28. Then on Saturday log on to your account and keep an eye on your computer clock. When it switches over to 10am click on the "Find Tickets" link on the TOOL page and you'll get good seats. Good luck!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2007, 06:17 PM   #1844
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Are those shady sites that show up on google legit brokers/scalpers, or are they trying to rip people off?[QUOTE]

Get this... They are legit AND trying to rip you off. Pieces of shit.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #1845
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

If you're stupid enough to buy tickets at one of these so-called "shady sites," you deserve to be ripped off. If you're unsure where to buy online, call the venue for their preferred methods of purchase.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:01 PM   #1846
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
The Little Rock show is gone!

Fuck! We always get butt-fucked when it comes to decent shows! It's been such a long time since a good band has come here, and then Tool drops us off the list.

Goddamnit! I hate living in redneck fucking Arkansas. Great bands never take us seriously. As if everyone who lives here has no taste in music. FUCK!
don't be such a lazy bastard and drive your ass up to tennessee for a show or something.. it's worth it.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:32 AM   #1847
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinDieselFiesta View Post
don't be such a lazy bastard and drive your ass up to tennessee for a show or something.. it's worth it.

The only show in TN is a 100,000 person festival that costs in the neighborhood of 220 bucks after fees...

I hope they don't use bonnaroo as an excuse not to play anohter date in Tennessee...

who knows...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 04:08 AM   #1848
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

ticketmaster released more tix for the St. Paul show.

i check every morning b/c i'm lame, but right now there are seats 3 sections from stage, lower level, row 5.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:34 AM   #1849
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Well, for Wisconsin Tool fans the Summerfest July 4th show has been officialy announced.

Looks like there will be an opener for this show at least:

"Show time and opening act for this performance will be announced in the near future. Check Summerfest.com for details."
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 06:19 AM   #1850
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
One thing you absolutely must do with Ticketbastard is have your account created and filled out in advance and be logged in before you look for tickets.
That's what i did and i got on no problem. Of course i was getting tickets for Albquerque and not Dallas or something like that.....
Old 04-25-2007, 06:24 AM   #1851
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_shrike29 View Post
I'm gonna side with the folks who dislike physical contact and singing.

Nothing worse than being in the zone during a show and having a shirtless ape shoulder check you off balance.

And I prefer to hear Maynard rather than dude yelling in my ear.
I was at a Tool show at Red Rocks, "standing" anywhere between the 2nd and 4th row 20-30 feet either side of stage middle. I was sore for about 3 days. It was fun but this time i would like to see and hear the show instead of trying to survive.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:41 AM   #1852
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

hows bout when do tool return to europe....i need to see them again....

Last edited by poudge; 04-25-2007 at 07:44 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 08:24 AM   #1853
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_shrike29 View Post
ticketmaster released more tix for the St. Paul show.

i check every morning b/c i'm lame, but right now there are seats 3 sections from stage, lower level, row 5.
I got a feeling you aren't the only one around here who does that. I check TM at least a few times a day. And I would agree it was lame and probably a bit obsessive... 'cept I scored 8th row from the stage dead center at that first sold out San Diego show about a week ago doing it! So not so lame after all.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #1854
Level 2 - Poster

TOOL IS COMING TO WISCONSIN, JULY 4th, SUMMERFEST BITCHES!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 12:18 PM   #1855

Quote:
Originally Posted by poudge View Post
hows bout when do tool return to europe....i need to see them again....
Looks like August:

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1F003E98B8DACEF5
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 01:06 PM   #1856
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
I got a feeling you aren't the only one around here who does that. I check TM at least a few times a day. And I would agree it was lame and probably a bit obsessive... 'cept I scored 8th row from the stage dead center at that first sold out San Diego show about a week ago doing it! So not so lame after all.

yeah, just checked the show Fri in LV and floor tickets were available
Old 04-25-2007, 01:52 PM   #1857
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

So ive been lurking around here for a couple months now, and decided to finally register. I got upper level tix for the CO Springs show, wish i had better seats, but since i was like 10th row when they played Coors Ampitheatre in August... I'll survive. One other thing... if you headbang and mosh to Tool... you're a douche bag.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 02:50 PM   #1858
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinDieselFiesta View Post
Please go fuck yourself. I already took my "lazy" ass to the Dallas show (5 hour drive) and I'm going to Southaven (3 hour drive) May 15th so your rude ass comment was not warranted. Excuse me for wanting them to play in my home town. Dick.

Last edited by Cheesegreater; 04-25-2007 at 02:57 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 02:53 PM   #1859
Level 8 - Vociferous

And paying 250 bucks to see them outside at a festival, and drive another 5 or 6 hours doesn't sound too appetizing. After Southaven I will have driven a little under 20 hours to see two shows in a year's time.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 04:13 PM   #1860
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDubbs View Post
So ive been lurking around here for a couple months now, and decided to finally register. I got upper level tix for the CO Springs show, wish i had better seats, but since i was like 10th row when they played Coors Ampitheatre in August... I'll survive. One other thing... if you headbang and mosh to Tool... you're a douche bag.

I have upper bowl tickets too. It's been awhile since I've been to World Arena. Last time was probably the last Tool show lol. I'm in Row M.. would you happen to know if thats clear up toward the top? If so...that sucks lol. I've seen them 4 times and this is the 2nd worst seats I think I've gotten.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 04:28 PM   #1861
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toollygirl View Post
I have upper bowl tickets too. It's been awhile since I've been to World Arena. Last time was probably the last Tool show lol. I'm in Row M.. would you happen to know if thats clear up toward the top? If so...that sucks lol. I've seen them 4 times and this is the 2nd worst seats I think I've gotten.
Depends on what part of the upper bowl you're talking about.. If it's 206-207 or 218-219 then it's pretty much right to the side of the stage, just at the top. I think 211-214 are in the very very back. Row M doesn't sound too promising, but at least you're going to be at the show. I have a lot of friends that would do just about anything to go, regardless of where they would sit.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #1862
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauderthirty View Post
Depends on what part of the upper bowl you're talking about.. If it's 206-207 or 218-219 then it's pretty much right to the side of the stage, just at the top. I think 211-214 are in the very very back. Row M doesn't sound too promising, but at least you're going to be at the show. I have a lot of friends that would do just about anything to go, regardless of where they would sit.

I'm in Section 209...Row M. What about those?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #1863
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

Actually, make that Section 219 Row M, not 209
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 05:07 PM   #1864
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Actually, make that Section 219 Row M, not 209
Ah, I see... The first set of tickets we got, which by some grace of god we actually got from ticketswest, were in 219 row k. We ended up selling those and upgrading to GA (at $150 per, no less)... I just couldn't see Tool from the very back for the 4th time. Upper bowl sucks, granted, but at least be happy that your section is the one closest to the stage. You should be able to see just fine. As far as sound goes, well, hope for the best and expect the worst. You won't be disappointed
Old 04-25-2007, 05:15 PM   #1865
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Ah, I see... The first set of tickets we got, which by some grace of god we actually got from ticketswest, were in 219 row k. We ended up selling those and upgrading to GA (at $150 per, no less)... I just couldn't see Tool from the very back for the 4th time. Upper bowl sucks, granted, but at least be happy that your section is the one closest to the stage. You should be able to see just fine. As far as sound goes, well, hope for the best and expect the worst. You won't be disappointed
so what you are saying is..I'm pretty much top top? lol. Yea...I guess I am happy that I even got tickets so I'll stop complaining lol. Last concert for World Arena was section 207 bottom row..that was pretty awesome and sounded great.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #1866
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Any word on who's opening? I mean come on...they go on tour in two days. Maybe they are going it alone.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #1867
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
so what you are saying is..I'm pretty much top top? lol. Yea...I guess I am happy that I even got tickets so I'll stop complaining lol. Last concert for World Arena was section 207 bottom row..that was pretty awesome and sounded great.

Im in sec. 217 Row H. From looking at the arena layout section 217 seems about the right angle and all, hopefully i'm not too high so that the view is bad, however, i hope to be another kind of high... On another note, i guess we only have to wait till the first show in Vegas to find out who's opening

Last edited by KDubbs; 04-25-2007 at 05:50 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 05:50 PM   #1868
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698

Quote:
One other thing... if you headbang and mosh to Tool... you're a douche bag.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #1869
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Im in sec. 217 Row H. From looking at the arena layout section 217 seems about the right angle and all, hopefully i'm not too high so that the view is bad, however, i hope to be another kind of high... On another note, i guess we only have to wait till the first show in Vegas to find out who's opening
well honestly..since world arena isnt so big anyway...seats not so close and toward the back are actually pretty good seats. i just wish i knew what the letter is at the bottom row of the upper level started at so i could truly know where row "m" is.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #1870

Bincount™: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDubbs

One other thing... if you headbang and mosh to Tool... you're a douche bag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycommish View Post
so what do you guys do? stand with arms folded, with a blank stare?

i agree that having some 200 lb guy trying to crowd surf over your head, is quite annoying, and kinda dangerous. but people moving around, nodding their head or getting into the music in general seems like it would be a good thing. i guess tool fans are supposed to be above all that.

people like you are why there are now seats on the floor at most concerts instead of general admission.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 09:05 PM   #1871
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Clearly there is a difference between "Getting into the music" and being a douche bag. I've been known to play the air drums... more than once. But preventing me from hearing any of the music (either by excessive yelling or tackling me) isn't chill. I'm not saying dont get in to the music and be drunk or high or whatever... just dont be a douche bag.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #1872
Level 8 - Vociferous

Everyone gets into the music in their own way, a lot of people move/sway to it, pump fists, sing, etc. which is all fine provided you don't interfere with other people's experience. If you wanna move, awesome, don't fucking bump into others, push others, hit others or fucking scream the lyrics into someone else's skull. And I hate moshing, but if you really MUST, then do it during appropriate songs like "Stinkfist", "46&2", etc. but don't do it to songs like "Wings 1+2", "Right In Two" or "Lateralus" those are just really inappropriate times to do it, not to mention a lot of Tool's songs have changing time signatures so it's almost impossible to do it anyway. Tool's whole message is to vent you anger, rage, whatever in a constructive way, not beat the shit out of someone who just wants to enjoy a show.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:33 PM   #1873
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Exactly, we all post on this thread because Tool is the best band to hear live. Their live sound is unmatched, so go be an idiot at a slipknot show or something.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2007, 12:06 AM   #1874
Level 4 - Thinker

Tool play Brixton Academy on Tuesday, August 21
General sale tomorrow at 9am
Presale on NOW ! ! !

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?reg...&interface=amg

Enjoy all :-)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2007, 12:45 AM   #1875
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 74

Just saw the headline on the Tool/NIN Hotline and bought a ticket off TicketMaster... This will be the fourth time I see the band, having seen them at Hammersmith Apollo twice and Wembley Arena.

I'm a happy man!

In an ideal world, you wouldn't be reading this, you would be dead.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2007, 05:11 AM   #1876
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz46&2 View Post
Everyone gets into the music in their own way, a lot of people move/sway to it, pump fists, sing, etc. which is all fine provided you don't interfere with other people's experience. If you wanna move, awesome, don't fucking bump into others, push others, hit others or fucking scream the lyrics into someone else's skull. And I hate moshing, but if you really MUST, then do it during appropriate songs like "Stinkfist", "46&2", etc. but don't do it to songs like "Wings 1+2", "Right In Two" or "Lateralus" those are just really inappropriate times to do it, not to mention a lot of Tool's songs have changing time signatures so it's almost impossible to do it anyway. Tool's whole message is to vent you anger, rage, whatever in a constructive way, not beat the shit out of someone who just wants to enjoy a show.
If you don't want people touching you get reserved seats and not floor tix.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:14 AM   #1877
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Well, it's a good thing I am subscribed to the Academy newsletter otherwise I would have had no idea about the Tool show there! Thanks TA!

Anyway, got my presale tickets this morning with the least stress ever.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2007, 05:56 AM   #1878
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltz46n2 View Post
That's what I did because I know from experience the GA areas are filled with mostly douches. If there's a douche in my (seated) section he's going over the rail.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2007, 05:56 AM   #1879
rll

Bincount™: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltz46n2 View Post
I think we are all getting reserved seats. And I am glad.

I hate having to move just because some dicks want to touch each other.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:34 AM   #1880
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by allium View Post
The Sears Centre uses its own ticketing service. You buy through their website.

It's http://www.searscentre.com
omg...how did i not know this. now ill never get a ticket....FUCK

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: