opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #1601
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasha_evil View Post
I personally would rather discover what a sogn means to me. I'm so tired of people like Hilary Duff and Lindsay Lohan trying to say that their "music" (if it can be called that) has this deep, profound, exaggerated meaning. I heard Hilary duff on tv the other day saying "I've been through so much in the last year, and I have so much to say...blah blah blah". She then went into what she said the word dignity meant. COME ON. At least Tool's music can mean differnet things.

and I kind of like that they act like they don't give a shit about fans. If I have to hear Ferggy, Hilary Duff, Avril Lavigne, jessica simpson etc. babble on about how "I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my fans. they are so amazing". I may vomit. Musicians are where they are because a record company realized that they could make a shit load of cash if they marketed the artist/band to the general masses. Being mindless drones, the masses bought the album because the record company, image makers, etc. told them that the artist/band was cool.
You could have spared me all that. It's not like I'm telling everyone to go listen to Hillary Duff here. Tool is and always will be my favorite band, but I shouldn't have to say that as a disclaimer everytime I say something about the band. You missed my whole point entirely.

Did you read the other 90% where I was talking about people thinking this whole arm thing is a prank? That was what my post was about, not big, evil, record companies.

I just find it a little rediculous that everything that comes out of their mouths is supposed to be cryptic and have all kinds of multiple meanings. Let me elaborate, "The album is a hoax! The most elaborate ever! The real one comes out this month!" or "Danny's shoulder stuff is just made up. They're just trying to work harder on new material for us on the next tour!"

Can't we take at least one thing they say seriously?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-03-2007, 03:08 PM   #1602
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
You could have spared me all that. It's not like I'm telling everyone to go listen to Hillary Duff here. Tool is and always will be my favorite band, but I shouldn't have to say that as a disclaimer everytime I say something about the band. You missed my whole point entirely.

Did you read the other 90% where I was talking about people thinking this whole arm thing is a prank? That was what my post was about, not big, evil, record companies.

I just find it a little rediculous that everything that comes out of their mouths is supposed to be cryptic and have all kinds of multiple meanings. Let me elaborate, "The album is a hoax! The most elaborate ever! The real one comes out this month!" or "Danny's shoulder stuff is just made up. They're just trying to work harder on new material for us on the next tour!"

I stopped taking any news on April fools day, especially on the internet, seriously.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #1603
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo1219 View Post
I stopped taking any news on April fools day, especially on the internet, seriously.

On that note--isn't it usually the day after 4/1 or 2 days at max, that they call Bull$#@! on the April fools joke?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-03-2007, 04:34 PM   #1604
Level 3 - Talker

it went on for like a week or maybe a little longer whatever year it was maynard claimed to have found jesus.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-03-2007, 05:01 PM   #1605
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

God, you people are fucking dolts. If I see something posted on April Fool's, yeah I'm gonna take it as a joke... otherwise, news like this is very serious. They told you when Danny fucked up his arm, and they told you when the tour would be rescheduled and nothing's changed. One goddamn April Fool's joke has sent your worlds spiraling out of control. I laugh at you.

Last edited by usefulidiot; 04-03-2007 at 07:37 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-03-2007, 07:07 PM   #1606
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by usefulidiot View Post
One goddamn April Fool's joke has sent every one of your worlds spiraling out of control. I laugh at you.

I bow to you old great one....
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-03-2007, 09:03 PM   #1607
Level 7 - Loquacious

If this was true dont you think Blair would know and it would be posted on TOOLBAND and TA. i mean hes with Danny all the fuckin time...............
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-03-2007, 09:10 PM   #1608
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I get about 85% of my Tool news at this site. Toolband seems to be nothing more than a blog for Blair (a.k.a. shit I could care less about).
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-03-2007, 11:49 PM   #1609
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Maybe some of us here at T.D.N are a little over-analytical, but sometimes I think Tool just plain sucks at communication.

A lot of people here are treating Danny's injury like the little boy who cried "Wolf!"

I certainly hope Danny gets to feeling better, but am I the only one who thinks Tool is sending mixed messages when no one takes anything they say seriously?
I'll repeat what I posted a couple of days ago. Danny did not injure his arm. He had no idea where that story came from. That's straight from Danny's mouth.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 12:36 AM   #1610
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinRazors View Post
I'll repeat what I posted a couple of days ago. Danny did not injure his arm. He had no idea where that story came from. That's straight from Danny's mouth.
Look bud, this is your second post in here. Is there any reason we should believe you other than you said it?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 04:25 AM   #1611
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Repeating it doesn't make it 'more' true.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 06:25 AM   #1612
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejavudu View Post
when I went to ticketswest itself, i couldn't find this link. When i typed "tool may 9 2007" into Google, I found THIS

http://ticketswest.rdln.com/EventDetails.aspx?evt=54361

thanks also about the info on presales. I live in denver, so the springs are an hour away, but i guess joining now would leave me bottom girl on the pyramid.

DV
Well i guess we'll see. I have my tickets for Albuquerque already so it doesn't really matter, but it would be nice to get tickets to the Springs. I've never seen a show at the World arena. When i lived there the best we had was the city auditorium.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:28 AM   #1613
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

canadian dates being announced shortly along with more east coast dates
stay tuned
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 07:56 AM   #1614
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

Quote:
Originally Posted by usefulidiot View Post
God, you people are fucking dolts. If I see something posted on April Fool's, yeah I'm gonna take it as a joke... otherwise, news like this is very serious. They told you when Danny fucked up his arm, and they told you when the tour would be rescheduled and nothing's changed. One goddamn April Fool's joke has sent your worlds spiraling out of control. I laugh at you.
Start using tact.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 08:08 AM   #1615
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
seriously man why would you come on here and post some shit like that... you are from southhaven, when did you come face to face with danny and he tell you that??????
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 08:16 AM   #1616
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux View Post
Start using tact.
Tact goes out the window when you're dealing with 'tards. Sorry.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:56 AM   #1617
Level 4 - Thinker

Danny never hurt his arm. Maynard just needed more time to bottle his 2005 vintage. A conspiracy perhaps?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #1618
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
canadian dates being announced shortly along with more east coast dates
stay tuned
what? where did you hear this?
Im hoping for another Toronto show instead of Hamilton.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 09:02 AM   #1619

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luneytunes View Post
what? where did you hear this?
Im hoping for another Toronto show instead of Hamilton.

I am also in need of knowing, has this been reported or is it just wishfull assumption...
- The Almighty Kool Keith!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #1620
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
seriously man why would you come on here and post some shit like that... you are from southhaven, when did you come face to face with danny and he tell you that??????
It's Southaven, one H. Anyways, I didn't. A friend of mine, saw him the first weekend of March at a hotel lounge in TX. He talked with him for about 30 minutes. Danny did not have any type of bandage / brace on his arm.
I wouldn't post "shit like that" unless I believed it. I may be new posting on here, but I've been reading this board long enough to know I would catch alot of shit for posting it. Given Tool's history, it's not inconceivable to believe they needed extra time to start the tour.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 09:34 AM   #1621

Bincount™: 17

My, what a big spoon you have there. What's it for? -

"It's to stir the pot" he replies.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #1622
Level 2 - Poster

Anybody able to make anything out of the title? Something about it definitely seems off to me:

Info: Slow Arm Healing Poorly
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #1623
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Anybody able to make anything out of the title? Something about it definitely seems off to me:

inFO SLO Arm heaLIng pooRly
It's an anagram .... Aprils Fools ... haven't deciphered the rest.
We must move on from this...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #1624
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
It's Southaven, one H. Anyways, I didn't. A friend of mine, saw him the first weekend of March at a hotel lounge in TX. He talked with him for about 30 minutes. Danny did not have any type of bandage / brace on his arm.
I wouldn't post "shit like that" unless I believed it. I may be new posting on here, but I've been reading this board long enough to know I would catch alot of shit for posting it. Given Tool's history, it's not inconceivable to believe they needed extra time to start the tour.
I'd believe it---they've been known for being full of shit in the past. They needed the break irreguardless!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 10:33 AM   #1625
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

Steveo...you may be on to something. You can certainly take "April Fools" out of it and are left with "INLWRMHEANGOOY". What can anyone do with that?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #1626

Quote:
did he actually tell your boy that i did not tear my bicep
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 10:42 AM   #1627

Quote:
Originally Posted by BÄR intonation View Post
Danny never hurt his arm. Maynard just needed more time to bottle his 2005 vintage. A conspiracy perhaps?
i like that thought... could very well be the case*********
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 04:26 PM   #1628
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

Dude part of the reason tool has the following they do is BECAUSE they are so cryptic. If they came out and sat down for a 10 part barbara walters interview where they spilled their entire life stories in detail and the complete meaning of their music it would be so boring!! They pull all the pranks and make comments like ""The album is a hoax! The most elaborate ever! The real one comes out this month!" because there are people out there who are dumb enough to believe it. Did Danny hurt his arm? Well, since an entire tour was rescheduled (which couldn't be an easy thing for the band and the venues to work out), then something major happened. It's not like they can grab a replacement drummer for 3 months! I don't believe the Maynard/wine theory because he always has side projects. He's been supposedly working on a Puscifer album in between shows. whatever the reason, the band went to a lot of trouble and effort to reschedule, so the reason behind it must have been a BFD. Just lighten up. or you'll really make Maynard want to "find jesus". Yes is sucks that you have to wade through a bunch of alien abduction, time traveling bullshit newletters to get the real news, but hell, at least it makes the band more interesting.
"Last night am I seeing my little Sophie run by my apartment naked and soapy like bear, pulling giant black dogs around singing "not in the butt"? In old country we have word for that Charlie Asher. Word is NASTY."
~Mrs. Korjev in Christopher Moore's "A Dirty Job"
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 10:18 PM   #1629
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
did he actually tell your boy that i did not tear my bicep
No, it was more like this :
"So, how's your arm?"

Danny laughed and said "I did not injure my arm, I don't know where that story came from."
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 10:23 PM   #1630
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

ya they cancelled tour dates for no reason
woot!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-04-2007, 10:30 PM   #1631
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
OK, so...

No extra time was needed to get the tour ready. Everything was on schedule to start March 15th.

Here are some reasons that it would take a MAJOR event to re-schedule an entire tour that was less than a month away from starting.

1) The re-ticketing and re-booking of an arena tour is a huge nightmare.

2) Besides the four band members, such a thing seriously affects the lives of approximately 40 other traveling members of the crew who now have to find other means of employment for an additional month and a half, on short notice. Bills don't pay themselves.
In the touring business there aren't too many well paying tours that last less than 2 months and are looking for new people on that short of notice.
One might be able to pick up a small club tour, but those don't pay enough to make up for the lost income. Most larger tours are looking for people to commit to a longer haul and would be hesitant to hire someone who plans to leave in a month.
So this leaves a choice. Sit around and wait for Tool to start touring again (the re-start date was uncertain for several weeks after Danny got hurt) and go broke, or go find other work that might last longer than the break.
In this tour's case, about 10 people won't be back because they took other work that lasted longer than the break.
Included in that are the Production Manager, Stage Manager, Head Carpenter, Rigger, and Video Crew Chief/Projectionist.
No small task to replace any of those people.

3) Lighting, Video, Sound, Lasers, Catering, Trucking, and Buses are all leased/rented for the period they are needed. Each of those companies deals with a cancellation in a different way.
These companies are also now tasked with finding other work for equipment that should have been on the road making money that is now sitting idle.

So a decision to postpone is not one to be taken lightly.
As for suggesting that Danny never really got hurt, I have to call Shenanigans.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-05-2007, 05:51 AM   #1632

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
OK, so...

No extra time was needed to get the tour ready. Everything was on schedule to start March 15th.

Here are some reasons that it would take a MAJOR event to re-schedule an entire tour that was less than a month away from starting.

2) Besides the four band members, such a thing seriously affects the lives of approximately 40 other traveling members of the crew who now have to find other means of employment for an additional month and a half, on short notice. Bills don't pay themselves.
In the touring business there aren't too many well paying tours that last less than 2 months and are looking for new people on that short of notice.
One might be able to pick up a small club tour, but those don't pay enough to make up for the lost income. Most larger tours are looking for people to commit to a longer haul and would be hesitant to hire someone who plans to leave in a month.
So this leaves a choice. Sit around and wait for Tool to start touring again (the re-start date was uncertain for several weeks after Danny got hurt) and go broke, or go find other work that might last longer than the break.
In this tour's case, about 10 people won't be back because they took other work that lasted longer than the break.
Included in that are the Production Manager, Stage Manager, Head Carpenter, Rigger, and Video Crew Chief/Projectionist.

3) Lighting, Video, Sound, Lasers, Catering, Trucking, and Buses are all leased/rented for the period they are needed. Each of those companies deals with a cancellation in a different way.
These companies are also now tasked with finding other work for equipment that should have been on the road making money that is now sitting idle.

thank you for posting that
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-05-2007, 07:13 AM   #1633
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
No, it was more like this :
"So, how's your arm?"

Danny laughed and said "I did not injure my arm, I don't know where that story came from."
You don't think, like most everything the band members say, he wasn't possibly pulling your friend's chain?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-05-2007, 08:39 AM   #1634
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Whether or not he actually hurt his arm is a moot point. The tour was rescheduled for what had to have been a serious reason or it wouldn't have been done.

And, as far as I know, the story came directly from Blair so figure that the fuck out.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #1635
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
You don't think, like most everything the band members say, he wasn't possibly pulling your friend's chain?
Could have.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #1636
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
OK, so...

Thanks a lot for that. This is exactly what I mean by some serious news. I can't help but think of all those kinds of things when I hear about a tour rescheduling. As I said before, I think stupid people are treating Danny like the boy who cried "wolf!" I mean, all cryptic bullshit aside, this was a serious event so don't go thinking Tool did this just to laugh at you.

What's wrong with Barbara Walters?!? I would love to see the Tool/Barbara Walters interview! It would be some really heartfelt stuff. I don't understand you people sometimes.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-05-2007, 04:20 PM   #1637
Level 7 - Loquacious

What's wrong with Barbara Walters?!? I would love to see the Tool/Barbara Walters interview! It would be some really heartfelt stuff. I don't understand you people sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Barbara Walters should have Maynard on the View to talk about World Trade Center 7.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #1638
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

as far as the colorado springs show goes... i just called ticketwest and talked to someone there... the tix do not go on sale tomorrow at 9 as stated on that google link... a on sale date has not yet been announced yet
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-06-2007, 05:51 AM   #1639
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emericana View Post
as far as the colorado springs show goes... i just called ticketwest and talked to someone there... the tix do not go on sale tomorrow at 9 as stated on that google link... a on sale date has not yet been announced yet
That's what i thought but it was worth a try. I Think i am just going to give up on the Springs show and do my best with Albuquerque.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:07 AM   #1640
Level 4 - Thinker

well the colorado springs show went on sale and sold out at the same time. I'm guessing that they allowed the link to go live but with no tickets to sell. I'm thinking this tour will not happen.
11.15.96, 11.19.96, 03.04.97, 07.04.97, 07.15.97, 07.16.97, 07.18.97, 07.20.97, 07.22.97, 07.26.97, 07.14.98, 07.15.98, 07.21.98, 07.22.98, 07.23.98, 05.18.01, 07.01.01, 09.07.07, 09.08.01, 09.15.01, 09.16.01, 07.19.02, 08.30.02, 09.01.02, 10.18.02, 05.10.06, 08.30.06, 6.28.10, 6.29.10
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: