opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #881
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp
Dammit, I cant escape the 905 board!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 10:05 PM   #882
Level 7 - Loquacious

I do like the Lightsabers EssPea!

sianspheric - not sure whether to believe or not .... I'm speechless
may I ask where in the balcony? .... mystic's lonely

Tanx 4 the update fitz - new update to surface soon (glad forum peeps r respondin')
Trying to help make this Lil' Tronta' TOOL group somewhere interesting to visit - previously Claytanic said somethin' to the effect of 'A nice community feeling is setting in' (I thought ya y'know ... it is)

Anyways, time is short, the day of the show + Zero Hr. will be here bfore we know it, let alone tour start - Apr.30
If peeps r stayin' away from this board (unfortunate - but I understand) things are civil in here compared to other threads n' such - full of either people cursin' each other (various reasons), totally bumed at the situation (we have to get you hooked up kwijibo!), or the reg.elitism crap (no time for that)

Fully nderstanding that we have no ultimate control on who posts what, as long as it's basically just the same names in here (minus those lookin' to trade tix Etc.) shouldn't b a problemo (semi-banning certain talk-what-not) so that this can continue ('tis a good thing Eh!) This thread's about our concert, let's develop a thicker skin, stick to the names we know, recognize what's SPOILER speech

Sobot - I like the idea of some sort of visible badge-sticker-logo-patch to wear so that those who want can say Fuk Ya! (or squeal if you'd like - mystic I am going to be listening for that!)

What ya think .... (?) .... shouldn't be hard to get creative w/ this and have some fun .... suggestions?

The 16th being a Tuesday (weekday) peeps may 'ave (sorry 'bout the short forms) a busy schedule - possible meet-up mid/late afternoon at a spot downtown for a s-s-s-smoke N' a pancake (?) LOL! (effect lost due to fact it was typed and not spoken) Tee-Hee!

Claytanic (not sure if you saw) - In my post # 876 - (pg. 22) a couple different links (at bottom) for some interesting reads

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 10:13 PM   #883
Level 4 - Thinker

I hate to say this, but the excitement for the Tool show hasn't hit me yet. It must have something to do with ISIS coming up on the 27th @ Lees Palace. After that the hype will be to grow!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 10:20 PM   #884
Level 7 - Loquacious

Risking the embarrasment of lookin' (fill in the blank), Could you further enlighten me as to who ISIS is?

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 10:33 PM   #885
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

ISIS is a doom/sludge/psych metal/rock band (I'm no good with categorization) with a very interesting sound not unlike Tool but still completely unique. Justin Chancellor plays bass on a track (Altered Course) on their new album. They're playing Lee's Palace in Toronto on Thursday and with tickets still available for $13.50 each, they're definitely worth checking out.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 11:11 PM   #886
Level 4 - Thinker

http://www.myspace.com/sgnl05 - For a sample of their sound. They are rumoured to be touring with Tool on some of their European dates.

edit - Found this on that link:
"--- First, we regret to inform you that the rumours of a European tour with TOOL is just a rumour, we are actually gonna be in the studio at the time. Hopefully another oppurtunity will present itself soon. Sorry for the mix-up."

Last edited by EssPea; 04-23-2006 at 11:15 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 02:14 AM   #887
Level 7 - Loquacious

The latest updated Forum seating pic:

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/4...eating68bh.jpg

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 04:10 AM   #888
jdp
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Sith Park
I do like the Lightsabers EssPea!

The 16th being a Tuesday (weekday) peeps may 'ave (sorry 'bout the short forms) a busy schedule - possible meet-up mid/late afternoon at a spot downtown for a s-s-s-smoke N' a pancake (?) LOL! (effect lost due to fact it was typed and not spoken) Tee-Hee!
I'm down with meeting up before hand.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:32 AM   #889
jdp

for some food and whatnot...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 05:32 AM   #890
jdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge
the ACC was my favorite show as well and I saw it in the 300s!!!!
I can't believe I'll only be 10 rows back this time around
I was right in front of Adam for the ACC... epic
Old 04-24-2006, 08:25 AM   #891
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric
So on Friday at the Jays game at the Rogers Centre, I met a scalper and tonight in exchange for a pair of tickets, we had sex. He told me he had tickets and to call his cell, and I did.

It was horrible, he was 300lbs and as oily as a Samoan, his apartment was dirty and smelled of lilac. It really hurts to walk right now, but I got tickets...balcony tickets. '

going to see Tool, yay.

Wow! You must look pretty hot considering he could have had any whore for a fraction of the price of a pair of tickets. Did your mother teach you that trick or are you a boy?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 08:53 AM   #892
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelations06
Wow! You must look pretty hot considering he could have had any whore for a fraction of the price of a pair of tickets. Did your mother teach you that trick or are you a boy?
I wouldn't give my tickets for this show for sex with ANY woman no matter how hot she is! This will be an experience I will never forget. I have had sex with many women in my life and none compare to seeing TOOL!

Seating chart update!!!!
I will now be sitting in Left Orchestra Row HH seats 3-4 (I think those are the seat numbers, I will confirm on Wednesday when my friend picks up the tickets). There are 4 of us going and the other two are now sitting in my old seats, lol. 5th row(or 7th row, depending on who you talk to), Now I am getting really exited!! I wonder which band member will be on the left side this time.....hmmm.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 08:57 AM   #893
jdp

Quote:
I wonder which band member will be on the left side this time.....hmmm.
Probably Adam
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 08:58 AM   #894
Level 7 - Loquacious

O.K EE

Thanx for the scoop/link EssPea, troutmask - Can't make the show, the Ol' afternoon shift (but always lookin' for bands to check out) I've some varied tastes in music, I try not to catagorize, no matter to me (Good music is Good music!) anybody heard of Atomship? Not bad

Will be at the Opera house Wednesday for the Bozzio Drum clinic though

Need Left-Center-Right locations (for seating pic) from:
shade, adavadas, sianspheric, sleaz1, In-Oblivian, toller, Staticfactory, Noopie, Speedball

Last edited by Capt. Sith Park; 04-24-2006 at 09:03 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 09:02 AM   #895
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
O.K EE

Thanx for the scoop/link EssPea, troutmask - Can't make the show, the Ol' afternoon shift (but always lookin' for bands to check out) I've some varied tastes in music, I try not to catagorize, no matter to me (Good music is Good music!) anybody heard of Atomship? Not bad

Will be at the Opera house Wednesday for the Bozzio Drum clinic though

shade, adavadas, sianspheric, sleaz1, In-Oblivian, toller, Staticfactory, Noopie, Speedball
Yes so would I, i would love to see the seats that siansheric managed to get by going that route! lol
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 09:12 AM   #896
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Just off the phone with our friend at the Hummingbird box office. I'll now be sitting in Orchestra row EE on the right hand side. Tickets are comparable (ie. still mindblowingly awesome), so I can't really complain.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 09:50 AM   #897
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighteenth Eye
I wouldn't give my tickets for this show for sex with ANY woman no matter how hot she is
This is where we part ways, I’m afraid. I said before I’d pass if someone offered me two grand for my tickets, but you’re just talking crazy talk now.

Last edited by Bino; 04-24-2006 at 09:52 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 09:59 AM   #898

Quote:
So on Friday at the Jays game at the Rogers Centre, I met a scalper and tonight in exchange for a pair of tickets, we had sex. He told me he had tickets and to call his cell, and I did.

It was horrible, he was 300lbs and as oily as a Samoan, his apartment was dirty and smelled of lilac. It really hurts to walk right now, but I got tickets...balcony tickets. '

going to see Tool, yay.
Now that's what I call dedication, folks. :P
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 10:12 AM   #899
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelations06
Peep the sianspheric myspace account for an answer to your question. Swear to god some of his myspace friends could have my tix, if you catch my drift. I'm talking to you, Angelina.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:28 AM   #900
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino
This is where we part ways, I’m afraid. I said before I’d pass if someone offered me two grand for my tickets, but you’re just talking crazy talk now.
Ladies....Bino needs to get laid!!! lol :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 10:33 AM   #901

Quote:
LOL I hear the hookers at Church and Carlton are a steal at twice the price!
They're real friendly; love you long, long time. :P
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 10:37 AM   #902
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Peep the sianspheric myspace account for an answer to your question. Swear to god some of his myspace friends could have my tix, if you catch my drift. I'm talking to you, Angelina.
I really don't know what to say anymore aobut the sianspheric situation.

Angelina, you should talk to my man Bino! Good choice Bino but still she still definately ain't gettin my tickets! lol
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 10:38 AM   #903
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by *see*you*auntie*
LOL I hear the hookers at Church and Carlton are a steal at twice the price!
They're real friendly; love you long, long time. :P
The best part is that you get to keep your TOOL tickets!!!
You might end up with something else too if you 'catch' my drift!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 10:39 AM   #904
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Whoa now - I'm doing fine...but I certainly appreciate the concern. I didn't say just *anybody* could have my tickets (and you can spare the Hooker Harvey's jokes!), but I certainly think there are some who could have them for that kinda price!

Salma Hayek spring instantly to mind.

I wonder if she posts here?

Paging Salma...
Old 04-24-2006, 10:40 AM   #905
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Hey Capt. Sith Park, I am in the orchestra, Row J, seats 53 and 54.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 10:49 AM   #906
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Whoa now - I'm doing fine...but I certainly appreciate the concern. I didn't say just *anybody* could have my tickets (and you can spare the Hooker Harvey's jokes!), but I certainly think there are some who could have them for that kinda price!

Salma Hayek spring instantly to mind.

I wonder if she posts here?

Paging Salma...
Nice choice, Salma is definately in my top 3....but I just don't think she is going to be able to get 5th row tool tickets from me, lol. It might also get me kicked out of the house and looking for a place to live. The Tool show would be better and it is definately safer!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 11:33 AM   #907
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutmask
Just off the phone with our friend at the Hummingbird box office. I'll now be sitting in Orchestra row EE on the right hand side. Tickets are comparable (ie. still mindblowingly awesome), so I can't really complain.
Looks like were following the same path; both moved from BB left to EE right.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 12:06 PM   #908
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

Quote:
Yeah, she's really goddamn hot....especially when I'm in bed with her.....AND the Korpsy chick...............fuck being 17 and having bisexual female friends was a very good time.

ps. I was lying about trading sex for Tool tickets, but I will trade sex for Tool tickets here, provided you are a female, or a particularly effeminite male.

Last edited by sianspheric; 04-24-2006 at 12:09 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 12:14 PM   #909
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

Quote:
EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS....

All this talking with toronto area people thing is fun.

everyone take the discussion over to....*drumroll*.........

THE TORONTO THREAD

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?p=949885#post949885
why in the hell was this thread closed?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 12:24 PM   #910
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 19

Sians, we're not sure why it was closed either :( It made me quite sad. Maybe you can't restrict threads to cities? Unsure.

Capt, love the new chart and the background! wahoo!!!! And I see someone behind me, this makes me happy. I don't know if I can squeal under pressure! But if you see a random girl with crazy curly hair who isn't quite white and is bouncing around in excitement, that's probably me. Tool makes me very excited :D

Derock and troutmask, it's good that they're keeping you close to the stage! It'd be a total joke if they moved you to the back or something. So that's ONE thing they're doing right.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 12:30 PM   #911
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystictigress
I don't know if I can squeal under pressure! But if you see a random girl with crazy curly hair who isn't quite white and is bouncing around in excitement, that's probably me.
Based on the earlier discussion, I was *thisclose* to offering you a ticket until I realized you had some.

Great sales pitch though.

(jokes!)
Old 04-24-2006, 12:34 PM   #912
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystictigress
Sians, we're not sure why it was closed either :( It made me quite sad. Maybe you can't restrict threads to cities? Unsure.

Capt, love the new chart and the background! wahoo!!!! And I see someone behind me, this makes me happy. I don't know if I can squeal under pressure! But if you see a random girl with crazy curly hair who isn't quite white and is bouncing around in excitement, that's probably me. Tool makes me very excited :D

Derock and troutmask, it's good that they're keeping you close to the stage! It'd be a total joke if they moved you to the back or something. So that's ONE thing they're doing right.
If there are seats open in EE for them to move people to then there MUST be other places with tickets available....hmmm...I am not looking out for me because I already have some but for the people who in my opinion got screwed!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 12:48 PM   #913
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 19

Quote:
Based on the earlier discussion, I was *thisclose* to offering you a ticket until I realized you had some.

Great sales pitch though.

(jokes!)
See, that's why I avoided using the word scream... but if squealing and bouncing while excited can lead to Tool tickets, I'm all for it :P
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 01:08 PM   #914

Quote:
why in the hell was this thread closed?
Yeah, that was real intelligent modding (is that even a word?).
Maybe they mistook it for another Toronto concert thread?

All this talk about who's hot and who's getting laid is driving me nuts. Arrghghg Goddamn overactive libido! Thank the powers that be for my rabbit. LOL
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #915
Level 3 - Talker

Mystic, what row are you in? Also, does anyone know if they're serving alcohol at this venue?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 01:14 PM   #916
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 15

Quote:

Why are you switching seats?
Old 04-24-2006, 01:26 PM   #917
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derock
Looks like were following the same path; both moved from BB left to EE right.
Yes, in fact looking at your seat numbers I'll be sitting right next to you. How's that for slightly creepy?

Quote:
If there are seats open in EE for them to move people to then there MUST be other places with tickets available.
It is my understanding that they nixed the Orchestra pit seating before Friday and they were able to scramble to reserve suitable replacements before the public onsale. I wouldn't hold out hope for too many more tickets appearing randomly on tm.com but good luck to those still trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opunaela10
Why are you switching seats?
Apparently the band has nixed the temporary seating up front where my original seats that I purchased in the CoF presale were.

Last edited by troutmask; 04-24-2006 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: formatting
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 01:45 PM   #918
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Yes, in fact looking at your seat numbers I'll be sitting right next to you. How's that for slightly creepy?
Woah.

Last edited by Derock; 04-24-2006 at 02:51 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 02:21 PM   #919
Level 4 - Thinker

I'm encouraged by the fact that you guys got pretty sweet seats. I'm still waiting to find out what's happening with mine. I was in row CC, centre section. I left a message for the B.O. manager on Saturday, but didn't get a call today. I was busy anyway and wasn't able to call him. I'll give him a call tomorrow morning and hopefully get it all sorted out so I can stop worrying about it.

Did you call them or did they call you, troutmask?

Last edited by bullet proof; 04-24-2006 at 02:49 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #920
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I wound up calling them, I believe that they had already reassigned the seating before the public onsale so you should get pretty much the same seats. Looking at both mine and Derock's experiences you should be looking at FF seats in the centre section.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: